Cintas Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cintas (Winnipeg, MB) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview; then two in person interviews. I felt the interview process was over the top for the industry. Basically the same questions being asked by a number of different people. I did not think I was a good fit for the corporation. I do not want to be married to the job - I just want to work hard, get paid and have a life.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cintas.

Interview

I saw the Ad for the position and I applied to it through glassdoor, the reply was very immediate. The very next day, there was a voicemail telling me to call back to schedule an interview. I did and it was booked for weeks end. The interview process was very stringent as the interviewer seldomly asked questions relating to the position. I was told to expect a call back but I wasn't really contacted, so I called them back and left a message. I receive a call some time later stating they had gone with another person and that was all.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cintas (Toronto, ON) in January 2015.

Interview

The company NEEDS a review on communication and responsibility. First interview: Manager did not show up and interviewed with another member of the team who realized I was the wrong person 30 minutes into it. Still passed along to the route ride with 3 reps who clearly outlined that their new manager needed some help. They were 2 hours late for the meeting and no apology by any of the team members including the hiring manager. After the route ride, an afternoon interview was scheduled and I was told the hiring manager was too busy and to expect a call later that day or the next. Follow up email sent - no response, found out they hired someone else. Absolute joke, lack of respect - frankly I am happy to not be moved through since the company needs help with time management and respect. Typical sales guys, "hey ho, sell sell sell".

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cintas.

Interview

Human Resource screened my application and sent me to three interviews. First one being with a Sales Manager, Second was with a Plant Manager and Third with the General Manager. Over all, incredibly easy interviews. The managers didn't follow the question sheet-more of a 'getting to know you process. They talk more than they interview.

I was told by the one manager that a hand full of managers will interview me separately. Then the final decision is set to a group decision. If just one doesn't agree with the candidate and the rest do, they will not go forward with that candidate.

HR seems a bit unorganized. Has management team helping. Very hard to get a hold of (2 month process). 2 months, 4 interviews and then received a message on voice mail saying I wasn't the candidate of choice. Was told to contact HR for feedback-still waiting...naturally.

A Very friendly bunch-but don't get your hopes up.

Route Service Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downsview, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cintas (Downsview, ON) in November 2014.

Interview

After two months of aplying they contacted me for an open interview where they interviewed as many people they could in one day, and we waited in a meeting room watching the most stupid movie ever (Elf movie - for kids) in a dark room with all other aplicants at the time.

Interview Questions

• What did you do in your last job when you had a dificult situation (in details).   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Interview

Screening with HR Manager, complete aptitude test with logic, personality, IQ questions, interview with multiple General Managers of different locations, interview with VP of Canada. Each GM discusses which location best suits your personality, abilities and coachability.

Interview Questions

• What are some negative things your friends would use to describe you   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cintas (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Attended a 1 on 1 interview with HR person. After that interview I immediately had an interview with a senior manager at the location followed by another interview with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

Offered a different position but chose to decline

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cintas.

Interview

I began my the interview process with a phone interview with the HR rep for my area. We walked through my interview, and I learnt more about the company and asked some questions. This was followed my an aptitude test where my math, logic, and personality skills were tested. Then I had three interviews in one day with two service managers at my local branch and the general manager of the branch. These interviews were followed by an interview with the VP, where upon we discussed the best location for me (Cintas is all about the best "fit", so they want the location to be good for you and good for them). Then I went through more interviews with some GM's from branches farther away from me but that had a better fit than my local branch.

The interviews were standard, but difficult because of how long my round of interviews were with the service managers and GM that one day.

-> Read the interview questions on here! They're really helpful for the service manager interviews.

Interview Questions

• A time when you received a criticism at work and how did you handle that?   Answer Question

Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cintas.

Interview

Four interviews, conducted all in the same day. Found all the interviewers to be very personable and professional. I would suggest that Cintas has one of the best interview processes that I have been part of.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was the reason I had left previous employer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate vacation time from 2 up to 3 weeks. Also negotiated immediate benefits, rather than a 6 month waiting period.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cintas (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Be hounest and upbeat! be yourself. Cintas is very hard to get into, if you dont make it the first time try another location (they dont talk to eachother about it) or try again.

Interview Questions

• have a answer for "3 worst qualities" - dont say profectionist! everyone does and YOUR NOT!   Answer Question

Negotiation

you dont get what you dont ask for. if you want/need 3 weeks vacation from the start, ask for it.
    I did and I got it