Cintas Interview Questions

Updated 27 Sep, 2014
Updated 27 Sep, 2014

Management Trainee Interview

Screening with HR Manager, complete aptitude test with logic, personality, IQ questions, interview with multiple General Managers of different locations, interview with VP of Canada. Each GM discusses which location best suits your personality, abilities and coachability.

Interview Questions
    • What are some negative things your friends would use to describe you   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Cintas.

Attended a 1 on 1 interview with HR person. After that interview I immediately had an interview with a senior manager at the location followed by another interview with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

Offered a different position but chose to decline

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cintas.

I began my the interview process with a phone interview with the HR rep for my area. We walked through my interview, and I learnt more about the company and asked some questions. This was followed my an aptitude test where my math, logic, and personality skills were tested. Then I had three interviews in one day with two service managers at my local branch and the general manager of the branch. These interviews were followed by an interview with the VP, where upon we discussed the best location for me (Cintas is all about the best "fit", so they want the location to be good for you and good for them). Then I went through more interviews with some GM's from branches farther away from me but that had a better fit than my local branch.

The interviews were standard, but difficult because of how long my round of interviews were with the service managers and GM that one day.

-> Read the interview questions on here! They're really helpful for the service manager interviews.

Interview Questions
    • A time when you received a criticism at work and how did you handle that?   Answer Question

Service Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cintas.

Four interviews, conducted all in the same day. Found all the interviewers to be very personable and professional. I would suggest that Cintas has one of the best interview processes that I have been part of.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was the reason I had left previous employer.   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate vacation time from 2 up to 3 weeks. Also negotiated immediate benefits, rather than a 6 month waiting period.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cintas.

Be hounest and upbeat! be yourself. Cintas is very hard to get into, if you dont make it the first time try another location (they dont talk to eachother about it) or try again.

Interview Questions
    • have a answer for "3 worst qualities" - dont say profectionist! everyone does and YOUR NOT!   Answer Question
    you dont get what you dont ask for. if you want/need 3 weeks vacation from the start, ask for it.
    I did and I got it

SSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Cintas in March 2013.

Cattle call - Job Fair - arrive between 6PM and 8:00PM. They had 3 or 4 managers doing interviews. 1 manager was doing 30 minute interviews, and another took 5 minutes. I got the 5 Minute manager. Was not impressed with the process - all open doors - no privacy, personal questions asked. At the very least, it should be behind closed doors.

Accounts Receivable Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cintas in March 2013.

Went through 2 interviews within 2 weeks. Lots of questions but very friendly. Spoke a lot about the companies conservative professional style.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficulty you had in performing your last position...   Answer Question

Service Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Cintas in February 2013.

A couple phone calls to set things up, and then a job shadow/ride along to make sure the position was what I expected. Then a formal interview.

Interview Questions
    • You need to be willing to work with motivation, it isn't a 9-5 job. You need to be earning money for the company.   Answer Question
    No negotiation on the salary, but the pay structure is set up in such a way that your hard work WILL be rewarded.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cintas in October 2012.

The initial contact was done via a recruiter and got me an interview with the regional managers. It was a good interview with some typical questions but mostly situational sales questions. They were looking for someone confident that can talk well and «close» the sale. They expect you to ask them for the next interview at the end as part of your «pitch». The second interview is a day following a sales rep (visiting prospects and cold-calling). They expect you to make a lot of calls and get some meetings so don't be shy. The final interview (which I did not get) is with the national sales manager. They never called to say I did not get the position.

Interview Questions
    • They ask many situational questions so try to put yourself in a salesman's shoes. They also asked how much I wanted to make and why I wanted to work with that company and in that industry. Do your research before hand and you'll be prepared.   Answer Question

SSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cintas in February 2012.

1:1 Interview with HR
    1:1 Interview with the GM

I was also required to go on a ride along for a day. I was not impressed with the time it took to provide me with some feedback. The person I was to do the ride along with showed up late. They seemed very disorganized.

Interview Questions

Worked for Cintas? Contribute to the Community!