Cintas

290 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Service Sales Representative Interview

Edmonton, AB

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cintas in February 2013.

Interview Details A couple phone calls to set things up, and then a job shadow/ride along to make sure the position was what I expected. Then a formal interview.

Interview Question – You need to be willing to work with motivation, it isn't a 9-5 job. You need to be earning money for the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on the salary, but the pay structure is set up in such a way that your hard work WILL be rewarded.

Management Trainee Interview

Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cintas.

Interview Details Attended a 1 on 1 interview with HR person. After that interview I immediately had an interview with a senior manager at the location followed by another interview with the regional manager.

Interview Question – 3 personality traits you would improve on   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offered a different position but chose to decline

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cintas.

Interview Details I began my the interview process with a phone interview with the HR rep for my area. We walked through my interview, and I learnt more about the company and asked some questions. This was followed my an aptitude test where my math, logic, and personality skills were tested. Then I had three interviews in one day with two service managers at my local branch and the general manager of the branch. These interviews were followed by an interview with the VP, where upon we discussed the best location for me (Cintas is all about the best "fit", so they want the location to be good for you and good for them). Then I went through more interviews with some GM's from branches farther away from me but that had a better fit than my local branch.

The interviews were standard, but difficult because of how long my round of interviews were with the service managers and GM that one day.

-> Read the interview questions on here! They're really helpful for the service manager interviews.

Interview Question – A time when you received a criticism at work and how did you handle that?   Answer Question

Service Manager Interview

Service Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cintas.

Interview Details Four interviews, conducted all in the same day. Found all the interviewers to be very personable and professional. I would suggest that Cintas has one of the best interview processes that I have been part of.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was the reason I had left previous employer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate vacation time from 2 up to 3 weeks. Also negotiated immediate benefits, rather than a 6 month waiting period.

Very Difficult Interview

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager
Toronto, ON

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cintas in August 2010.

Interview Details It is a long interview process because they want to hire the best person and best fit for the position.

Interview Question – Repeating questions in interviews.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

SSR Interview

SSR
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cintas in March 2013.

Interview Details Cattle call - Job Fair - arrive between 6PM and 8:00PM. They had 3 or 4 managers doing interviews. 1 manager was doing 30 minute interviews, and another took 5 minutes. I got the 5 Minute manager. Was not impressed with the process - all open doors - no privacy, personal questions asked. At the very least, it should be behind closed doors.

Interview Question – There wasn't one really. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cintas.

Interview Details Be hounest and upbeat! be yourself. Cintas is very hard to get into, if you dont make it the first time try another location (they dont talk to eachother about it) or try again.

Interview Question – have a answer for "3 worst qualities" - dont say profectionist! everyone does and YOUR NOT!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – you dont get what you dont ask for. if you want/need 3 weeks vacation from the start, ask for it.
I did and I got it

Accounts Receivable Interview

Accounts Receivable

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cintas in March 2013.

Interview Details Went through 2 interviews within 2 weeks. Lots of questions but very friendly. Spoke a lot about the companies conservative professional style.

Interview Question – Tell me about a difficulty you had in performing your last position...   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Toronto, ON

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cintas in October 2012.

Interview Details The initial contact was done via a recruiter and got me an interview with the regional managers. It was a good interview with some typical questions but mostly situational sales questions. They were looking for someone confident that can talk well and «close» the sale. They expect you to ask them for the next interview at the end as part of your «pitch». The second interview is a day following a sales rep (visiting prospects and cold-calling). They expect you to make a lot of calls and get some meetings so don't be shy. The final interview (which I did not get) is with the national sales manager. They never called to say I did not get the position.

Interview Question – They ask many situational questions so try to put yourself in a salesman's shoes. They also asked how much I wanted to make and why I wanted to work with that company and in that industry. Do your research before hand and you'll be prepared.   Answer Question

Territory Account Representative Interview

Territory Account Representative
London, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cintas in July 2011.

Interview Details I applied online and was contacted by the Sales Manager by phone. The interview was conducted at Cintas and lasted approximately 1 hour. Questions were mostly about education, experience, etc. The whole process was very casual and made me want to work at Cintas.

Interview Question – Sell me this pencil   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cintas

Worked for Cintas? Contribute to the Community!

Cintas Videos

Cintas – Why Work for Us?

Cintas is Team Driven, and the true spirit we share gives us a competitive edge. We win together by working together as a team, giving mutual respect to all of our co-workers regardless of their background or tenure… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cintas interview questions and advice. All 290 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Cintas employees and interview candidates.