Cigna

Updated 28 Jan, 2015
Updated 28 Jan, 2015

2.9

Actuarial Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cigna.

Applied on line. Got interview opportunity a few days later. Not so technical. Asked to explain actuarial words to non statistics people. And some background questions. The interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Not so technical. Asked to explain actuarial words to non statistics people   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

interviewed at Cigna in October 2013.

I first got in touch with Cigna through my university career center, and was invited for the first round interview at school. The style of the interview was two 30 minute interviews with 2 of the senior actuaries. I was invited back for a second round interview at the Cigna head offices in Connecticut. This time the format was three 45 minute interviews with members of Cigna's actuarial department as well as HR and a lunch with one of the junior members.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of the key risks in Cigna's partaking of the emerging health exchanges market?   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cigna in September 2013.

Cigna representatives came to my campus. I e-mailed my resume and cover letter to one of the representatives and was invited for an interview. I had two back to back interviews, each with a single person. I was asked a "describe one time where you..." question in one of the interviews and a technical question in the other. Both interviews were spent just talking generally about my resume and my interests and aspirations.

RN Case Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cigna.

Phone interview first. 5 days later gotta call for my second interview. The first interview asked about why i left previous job. Questions about my previous jobs that related to interviewing position. The phone interview was very pleasant. The interview was based in Maryland. I applied for Philly position.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cigna.

There was an initial phone interview with a job recruiter, and within a week, a 1x1 face to face interview was scheduled with the hiring manager for the following week.

Interview Questions
    • Share an experience where you failed and what you learned from it   Answer Question

Market Research Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cigna.

Initial phone screen with recruiter, then 30-minute phone screen with hiring manager. That was followed by an onsite interview with the manager and 3 peers. Each told me about their role on the team and what they envisioned for role for which they were hiring.

Interview Questions
    • The team had been burned before by someone whose actual experience didn't live up to their claims. The manager asked me to look at some output of descriptive statistics from a quantitative study and describe what the output meant. One peer had me read a summary of focus group results and list pertinent highlights. Another peer asked me to role play a meeting with an internal client regarding their research project needs. It was a little intense, but perfectly reasonable for what the job required.   Answer Question

Claims Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cigna.

One was a phone interview and and another was a face to face--- both interviewers were pleasant. HR from PA calls first and then a manager from the office calls and schedules. Most people have 3 interviews with the last being a panel interview. This all happens in a two to three week time span.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, the application assessment was the most difficult.   Answer Question
    No negotiation was done.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview was short and just asked scenario questions about how well you work with others and how you handle dissatisfied customers. They did not explain the functions of the job clearly.

Interview Questions
    • can you describe a time you made an disgruntle customer happy.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase

Client Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Cigna.

Knowledge of insurance in general. Who you know in Broker / Consultant community. What is your background. Meetings with various team members and upper level managers. Explain your past roles and what you can offer to the team and client base you would assume in the near future.

Interview Questions
    • Speak to a challenge where you overcame a negative and had a successful outcome.   Answer Question

Managed Care Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cigna.

I was granted a first round interview through my University on-campus recruiting. It was a 2:1 interview with a general recruitment manager and someone from the specific team I would be on. They first gave me an overview of the position and then questions were pretty typical--walk me through your research experience, etc. The interviewers were very kind but I did notice one making eyes when I messed up some names... All and all, the first round interview was easy but I will admit I was highly underprepared and botched it so that was a bummer.

Make sure you know the name of the position/where you'd like to be located/what specifically attracts you to Cigna. It seems like they're also really looking for poise.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult, but unexpected: They asked me where I would want to be located and I hadn't remembered all the locations...   Answer Question