Cigna

Updated 17 Nov, 2014
Updated 17 Nov, 2014

2.9

Actuarial Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cigna.

Applied on line. Got interview opportunity a few days later. Not so technical. Asked to explain actuarial words to non statistics people. And some background questions. The interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Not so technical. Asked to explain actuarial words to non statistics people   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

interviewed at Cigna in October 2013.

I first got in touch with Cigna through my university career center, and was invited for the first round interview at school. The style of the interview was two 30 minute interviews with 2 of the senior actuaries. I was invited back for a second round interview at the Cigna head offices in Connecticut. This time the format was three 45 minute interviews with members of Cigna's actuarial department as well as HR and a lunch with one of the junior members.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of the key risks in Cigna's partaking of the emerging health exchanges market?   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cigna in September 2013.

Cigna representatives came to my campus. I e-mailed my resume and cover letter to one of the representatives and was invited for an interview. I had two back to back interviews, each with a single person. I was asked a "describe one time where you..." question in one of the interviews and a technical question in the other. Both interviews were spent just talking generally about my resume and my interests and aspirations.

Disability Claims Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cigna.

The interview consisits of behavioral type questions. Make sure you identify what you have specifically done to determine the outcome of each question asked. Make sure you always say I!

not really flexible

TECDP Interview

45 minute in person standard behavioral interview with one recruiter followed by a 1-hour phone interview with two recruiters. Both interviews were fairly similar, and there seemed to be a very strong focus on seeing if you are a fit for the company culture.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you have used technology to solve a complex problem.   Answer Question

Technology Early Career Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cigna.

First started with a behavioral review. Pretty straight forward. Practice you responses for "Tell of a time when...." questions.
    Second round interviews start with a dinner with project managers and at least one other TECDP candidate. The next day there are four sessions: behavioral interview (again), 5 minute presentation of a technical project you have done, technical case discussion, and group project. It's a long day, try to relax and be yourself.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time when you regretted sharing a creative idea with a group.   Answer Question

TECDP Program Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cigna in November 2014.

First round of interviews on campus - second round at one of their offices. They put you up in a hotel, you get a nice dinner out of it. 4 different sessions for the second interview - group activity, one on one interview, case study on something you select (e.g. java, .net, sql) and a pre-prepared presentation on a project you've worked on. Not an exceptionally difficult interview, actually a pretty fun experience.

Interview Questions
    • One of the one on one questions asked about a time when you set 'stretch-goals' and recevied reporting feedback from whomever you set the goals for. (leadership position type question)   Answer Question

Claims Processor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cigna in November 2014.

Submitted online app on Taleo. Contacted by recruiter two days later. Phone interview set up two days after. Typical phone interview. A member of Cigna management will make the next contact to set up face to face interview if interested.

Interview Questions
    • Wouldn't be the question. It was the info about the job screening. Company does nicotine screening.   View Answer

Managed Care Rotational Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cigna in November 2014.

I was contacted by email to set up a time for a phone interview, which was scheduled for a couple of days after the email. During the phone conversation, I spoke with the HR rep who contacted me and a current associate in the program. The conversation lasted about 15 minutes. No more communication has been had since the phone interview but it was stated that the process was in the early stages. Seemed promising but unsure...

Interview Questions
    • Please tell us more about your experience listed on your resume.   Answer Question

Operation Leadership Program Interview

You will first get contact you through phone then you will schedule web interview. The conference call / web interview will be with a moderator and an interviewer.. then they will then let you know if you move on to the next step which requires more interviews with other members of cigna

Interview Questions
    • Describe situations where...
      You had to work with someone you didn't like?
      You criticized a system?