Cigna

Updated 26 Feb, 2015
Updated 26 Feb, 2015

2.9

Actuarial Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cigna.

Applied on line. Got interview opportunity a few days later. Not so technical. Asked to explain actuarial words to non statistics people. And some background questions. The interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Not so technical. Asked to explain actuarial words to non statistics people   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

interviewed at Cigna in October 2013.

I first got in touch with Cigna through my university career center, and was invited for the first round interview at school. The style of the interview was two 30 minute interviews with 2 of the senior actuaries. I was invited back for a second round interview at the Cigna head offices in Connecticut. This time the format was three 45 minute interviews with members of Cigna's actuarial department as well as HR and a lunch with one of the junior members.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of the key risks in Cigna's partaking of the emerging health exchanges market?   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cigna in September 2013.

Cigna representatives came to my campus. I e-mailed my resume and cover letter to one of the representatives and was invited for an interview. I had two back to back interviews, each with a single person. I was asked a "describe one time where you..." question in one of the interviews and a technical question in the other. Both interviews were spent just talking generally about my resume and my interests and aspirations.

Operations Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cigna.

Two individuals in the program conducted the phone interview. They talked about the program and gave you an opportunity to ask questions about it, and then they asked me to walk them through my resume and 3 additional few behavioral questions. The next steps are a Skype interview followed by an onsite in Bloomfield.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you made a decision, but it did not go as intended.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to walk a group through a complex task.   Answer Question
    • Why the operations leadership program?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cigna.

Applied online and was contacted about a month after do to a phone interview. Very unexpected and on the spot but I did well. Then HR sent my number to the hiring manager who then contacted me for an in person interview. Panel interview with six questions. They let you go over them and then they begin. They look for very brief but concise answers. Was offered the job few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Supply-Chain Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cigna.

Applied through UConn's career site. Received a first interview on campus. Asked typical behavioral questions + why I was interested in Supply Chain Management. Received a call about a week after saying I would need to go for a second interview. Month or two goes by, they were slightly disorganized with scheduling, but after an email I set up a date for after christmas. Second interview was in bloomfield with two Director's. The interview was more of a conversation about your resume no actual questions. Just to see if they like you, and you have the computer skills (excel) that they're looking for.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated 50 cents higher of a salary, could have probably gotten more but I gave in very easily.

Sales Academy Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cigna.

Brought in for an interview at a campus location, was asked a lot of behavioral questions, as well as management experience questions, the next round of interviews was at the end of January, so it was a long process of interviewing and knowing if you made it or not.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of questions regarding management experience.
      Questions such as: What happened in a time you managed a group where group members disagreed with your choice? What makes you a great leader? What are effective ways you've managed people? Also had a few behavioral questions, but those are to be expected during any first round interview.

Answer Question

RN Case Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cigna.

Phone interview first. 5 days later gotta call for my second interview. The first interview asked about why i left previous job. Questions about my previous jobs that related to interviewing position. The phone interview was very pleasant. The interview was based in Maryland. I applied for Philly position.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cigna.

There was an initial phone interview with a job recruiter, and within a week, a 1x1 face to face interview was scheduled with the hiring manager for the following week.

Interview Questions
    • Share an experience where you failed and what you learned from it   Answer Question

Market Research Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cigna.

Initial phone screen with recruiter, then 30-minute phone screen with hiring manager. That was followed by an onsite interview with the manager and 3 peers. Each told me about their role on the team and what they envisioned for role for which they were hiring.

Interview Questions
    • The team had been burned before by someone whose actual experience didn't live up to their claims. The manager asked me to look at some output of descriptive statistics from a quantitative study and describe what the output meant. One peer had me read a summary of focus group results and list pertinent highlights. Another peer asked me to role play a meeting with an internal client regarding their research project needs. It was a little intense, but perfectly reasonable for what the job required.   Answer Question