Cigna

201 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Actuarial Intern Interview

Actuarial Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cigna in September 2013.

Interview Details Cigna representatives came to my campus. I e-mailed my resume and cover letter to one of the representatives and was invited for an interview. I had two back to back interviews, each with a single person. I was asked a "describe one time where you..." question in one of the interviews and a technical question in the other. Both interviews were spent just talking generally about my resume and my interests and aspirations.

Interview Question – Describe a time you dealt with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

Actuarial Intern

I interviewed at Cigna in October 2013.

Interview Details I first got in touch with Cigna through my university career center, and was invited for the first round interview at school. The style of the interview was two 30 minute interviews with 2 of the senior actuaries. I was invited back for a second round interview at the Cigna head offices in Connecticut. This time the format was three 45 minute interviews with members of Cigna's actuarial department as well as HR and a lunch with one of the junior members.

Interview Question – What are some of the key risks in Cigna's partaking of the emerging health exchanges market?   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Operations Specialist

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cigna.

Interview Details I was recruited from the campus recruiter and had an in person meeting at the university. From there, I was told on site that I was invited to their Blitz Day event. I then was brought to a two day event where we went to an evening dinner networking event. The Blitz Day was followed by a full day of interviews and meetings with current associates and leadership members. It included a group case study. I received the offer two days later.

Interview Question – Do you think the affordable care act is a smart idea?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation available.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

Interviewed at Cigna

Interview Details Was 22 years ago for a completely different position. No interview required for this position as I was just moved into it. However, I was involved in the hiring of other BA positions.

Interview Question – The interviews I conducted were more than 10 years ago and Cigna's interview process has changed dramatically since then.   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Underwriter
Nashville, TN (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cigna.

Interview Details I had two phone interviews before I was asked to come in to the office and speak to a three seperate managers. I was notifiied that I had the job if I wanted it in a very timely manner.

Interview Question – Everything they asked of me was expected. No curveballs or BS questions were thrown in there.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me a job and I accepted.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate

Interviewed at Cigna

Interview Details I Applied online via the website...spoke with a HR Rep about a week later during a phone interview. Offered an opportunity to come to the site in St Louis MO to interview with the hiring manager and current supervisor. It was a behavioral style interview.....who....what....when....where....why...and what was done to resolve the issue. My over all experience was extremely positive.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you have to resolve an issue of a irate customer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They will offer you a salary based off your experience.

Client Engagement Manager Interview

Client Engagement Manager

Interviewed at Cigna

Interview Details Hiring process if pretty standard and straightforward. 3 step process. phone screening, then panel interview with presentation. Panel was very friendly and welcoming. Made you feel comfortable. More of a conversation then a drill of the standard behavioral questions. Positive experience all around.

Interview Question – Really awesome and thought provoking questions. Usual questions but asked in a more conversational manner.   View Answer

RN Case Manager Interview

RN Case Manager

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Cigna.

Interview Details Phone screen with recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager, face to face with hiring manager and another RN Case Manager, still in the process. Very kind people thus far, would recommend this company. I believe this company offers great opportunities. I was told a decision should be made in about 1 week, and I would be contacted by the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever failed to communicate effectively or in a timely manner on the job? How did you handle it? What was the outcome? What did you learn from it   Answer Question
  • tell me about a time when you had to work with someone you didn't like. How did you deal with this?   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Cigna in March 2014.

Interview Details Long process, went through various interviews about 5 hours. Interviewers had a list of behavioral questions from HR. Seemed to look for the right culture fit as opposed to one with the most skill set.

Interview Question – Lot of behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Was considering multiple offers from various companies

Specialty Pharmacy Technician Interview

Specialty Pharmacy Technician
Horsham, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cigna.

Interview Details Was interviewed by a Pharmacist it was basically behavioral questions once interview was done was told I would be informed in a week if I got the job. Two days later I was offered a job had to complete a pre employment back ground check and that's it.

Interview Question – A situation I had in the pharmacy and how I changed it from unfavorable to favorable?   Answer Question

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!