Cigna

Updated Aug 25, 2014
Updated Aug 25, 2014
203 interviews

Actuarial Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cigna in September 2013.

Cigna representatives came to my campus. I e-mailed my resume and cover letter to one of the representatives and was invited for an interview. I had two back to back interviews, each with a single person. I was asked a "describe one time where you..." question in one of the interviews and a technical question in the other. Both interviews were spent just talking generally about my resume and my interests and aspirations.

Actuarial Intern Interview

interviewed at Cigna in October 2013.

I first got in touch with Cigna through my university career center, and was invited for the first round interview at school. The style of the interview was two 30 minute interviews with 2 of the senior actuaries. I was invited back for a second round interview at the Cigna head offices in Connecticut. This time the format was three 45 minute interviews with members of Cigna's actuarial department as well as HR and a lunch with one of the junior members.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of the key risks in Cigna's partaking of the emerging health exchanges market?   Answer Question

Claims Position Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Cigna.

behavior question. IQ online test first......then phone interview ....1:1 in office interview.
    managers were very pleasant and business like. Kind of detailed oriented to past work experiences and problem solving questions.

Interview Questions
    • tell me a time you worked under pressure and how you made a mistake and how you handled it   View Answer

Call Center Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cigna in August 2014.

I applied through indeed and a recruit called me within a week. The interview was via phone with an analyst. The hiring manager never showed up which I thought was strange. The interview was very informal.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to go above your manager to get a task done.   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Cigna.

I was recruited from the campus recruiter and had an in person meeting at the university. From there, I was told on site that I was invited to their Blitz Day event. I then was brought to a two day event where we went to an evening dinner networking event. The Blitz Day was followed by a full day of interviews and meetings with current associates and leadership members. It included a group case study. I received the offer two days later.

No negotiation available.

Business Analyst Interview

Was 22 years ago for a completely different position. No interview required for this position as I was just moved into it. However, I was involved in the hiring of other BA positions.

Interview Questions
    • The interviews I conducted were more than 10 years ago and Cigna's interview process has changed dramatically since then.   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cigna.

I had two phone interviews before I was asked to come in to the office and speak to a three seperate managers. I was notifiied that I had the job if I wanted it in a very timely manner.

Interview Questions
    • Everything they asked of me was expected. No curveballs or BS questions were thrown in there.   Answer Question
    They offered me a job and I accepted.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I Applied online via the website...spoke with a HR Rep about a week later during a phone interview. Offered an opportunity to come to the site in St Louis MO to interview with the hiring manager and current supervisor. It was a behavioral style interview.....who....what....when....where....why...and what was done to resolve the issue. My over all experience was extremely positive.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you have to resolve an issue of a irate customer?   View Answer
    They will offer you a salary based off your experience.

Client Engagement Manager Interview

Hiring process if pretty standard and straightforward. 3 step process. phone screening, then panel interview with presentation. Panel was very friendly and welcoming. Made you feel comfortable. More of a conversation then a drill of the standard behavioral questions. Positive experience all around.

Interview Questions
    • Really awesome and thought provoking questions. Usual questions but asked in a more conversational manner.   View Answer

RN Case Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Cigna.

Phone screen with recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager, face to face with hiring manager and another RN Case Manager, still in the process. Very kind people thus far, would recommend this company. I believe this company offers great opportunities. I was told a decision should be made in about 1 week, and I would be contacted by the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever failed to communicate effectively or in a timely manner on the job? How did you handle it? What was the outcome? What did you learn from it   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time when you had to work with someone you didn't like. How did you deal with this?   Answer Question

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!