Cigna

193 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Actuarial Intern Interview

Actuarial Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cigna in September 2013.

Interview Details Cigna representatives came to my campus. I e-mailed my resume and cover letter to one of the representatives and was invited for an interview. I had two back to back interviews, each with a single person. I was asked a "describe one time where you..." question in one of the interviews and a technical question in the other. Both interviews were spent just talking generally about my resume and my interests and aspirations.

Interview Question – Describe a time you dealt with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

Actuarial Intern

I interviewed at Cigna in October 2013.

Interview Details I first got in touch with Cigna through my university career center, and was invited for the first round interview at school. The style of the interview was two 30 minute interviews with 2 of the senior actuaries. I was invited back for a second round interview at the Cigna head offices in Connecticut. This time the format was three 45 minute interviews with members of Cigna's actuarial department as well as HR and a lunch with one of the junior members.

Interview Question – What are some of the key risks in Cigna's partaking of the emerging health exchanges market?   Answer Question

Care Associate Interview

Care Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cigna in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied in May, and was contacted in early June by a recruiter, from there I was set up for a phone interview that lasted approx 30 min. My face to face interview has been scheduled will update after.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Financial Development Program Interview

Financial Development Program

I applied online and interviewed at Cigna.

Interview Details First you have a phone screen for about a half hour. After that it is a first interview with the director of the program and then a panel of three people in the program. If you make it past the first there is yet another round. Be aware they have no respect for your time and reschedule interviews with nothing more than a she cannot meet with you even when they know you are traveling from several states away.

Interview Question – There were lots of tell me about a time when. They ask what you do not like about your job.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Cigna in January 2014.

Interview Details 30 min phone convo with hiring manager, asked basic questions, and then I got a phone call back saying I was invited back to their superday. This was a networking event at night and then the next morning it was a series of 3 different interviews, a presentation and a group project.

Interview Question – a time you failed   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician
Tempe, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cigna in June 2014.

Interview Details I submitted my application via Indeed and was emailed by an HR rep about 3-4 days later. Set up a face to face interview with 2 supervisors hiring in the area. Interview on 6-19-14 and was called back the following day. Starting next week. Whole process took about a week. If they want to hire you, you will know.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be confident and be prepared. All situational questions. Know about the position/company. That is all.

Compliance Specialist Interview

Compliance Specialist
Bedford, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cigna in April 2014.

Interview Details I had a telephone interview and an in person interview. The telephone interview was behavioral. I expected questions about the company and about my experience, but I got questions such as: (1) explain a time where you had to deal with a person you didn't like in the workplace. (2) Explain a time when you got overloaded in the workplace. (3) What are your salary requirements? (4) Describe how you find information when you need it. I was told the salary range for this position was in the $60,000s.

I also had an in person interview which was very informal. Mostly questions about my background and qualifications. I was seeking to transition from another field so a lot of the interview was about why I was dissatisfied with my current career and why I was looking for a change. The interviewer was nice enough, but I never heard anything after this time, even when I tried to follow up by phone and e-mail.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you got overloaded in the workplace. Describe how you find information when needed.   Answer Question

Acute Inpatient Behavioral Care Manager Interview

Acute Inpatient Behavioral Care Manager
Plano, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cigna.

Interview Details Cigna recruiter contacted for a phone interview 3-days after applying and scheduled a face-to-face interview within the week. I met with 3 interviewers face-to-face with another on the phone. Typical questions were asked, such as why do you want to work here, tell me of a time when you did this or that. DSM type questions were also asked to assess clinical skills.

Interview Question – Tell me of time when you disagreed with a supervisor? How did you handle it? What did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Bilingual Customer Service Interview

Bilingual Customer Service
Nashville, TN (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cigna in May 2011.

Interview Details was just questions about experience asking me about procedures and work experience that i had with my previous employers was really easy and very really good experience and i got the job

Interview Question – everything was normal   Answer Question

Case Manager/Social Worker Interview

Case Manager/Social Worker

I applied online and interviewed at Cigna.

Interview Details Initially contacted by a recruiter and did a phone interview. Then I was contacted by internal Cigna employee to schedule in-person interview. The process was straight forward, however, I was struck by how rudely one of the interviewers treated me. During the in-person interview, she was typing on her computer while I was speaking/in general didn't seem to be interested at all in what I was saying and didn't get up to shake my hand when I left the interview. I may not have been exactly what they were hoping for in a candidate, but to be treated like this was a no-no. I've been in interviews where I knew I wasn't as qualified as other candidates, but at least the interviewers had the decency to listen to what I had to say and to get up and shake my hand when I left the interview!! If this is how they treat a qualified candidate, how do they treat their employees

Interview Question – Typical question - If I were to call your supervisor what would they say is your greatest weakness/achievement?   Answer Question

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!