Cigna

Updated 14 Dec, 2014
Updated 14 Dec, 2014

2.9

Actuarial Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cigna.

Applied on line. Got interview opportunity a few days later. Not so technical. Asked to explain actuarial words to non statistics people. And some background questions. The interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Not so technical. Asked to explain actuarial words to non statistics people   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

interviewed at Cigna in October 2013.

I first got in touch with Cigna through my university career center, and was invited for the first round interview at school. The style of the interview was two 30 minute interviews with 2 of the senior actuaries. I was invited back for a second round interview at the Cigna head offices in Connecticut. This time the format was three 45 minute interviews with members of Cigna's actuarial department as well as HR and a lunch with one of the junior members.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of the key risks in Cigna's partaking of the emerging health exchanges market?   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cigna in September 2013.

Cigna representatives came to my campus. I e-mailed my resume and cover letter to one of the representatives and was invited for an interview. I had two back to back interviews, each with a single person. I was asked a "describe one time where you..." question in one of the interviews and a technical question in the other. Both interviews were spent just talking generally about my resume and my interests and aspirations.

Leave Manager Interview

this interview is a standard behavioral based interview, they asked a lot of questions that began with, "tell me about a time when..." they were fairly easy questions to answer. And there were two interviewers asking various questions.

Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cigna.

Applied through university, they came for a on campus interview. Invited all the interviewees for a preinterview dinner. They tell us about their intern projects, every intern will be assigned a manger and a summer project. 70% of the time will be working on individual projects.

Interview Questions
    • Explain black-scholes formula to me,
      if this room is full of coins, how high will the coins be if they are stacked up

Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Great company with good benefits. Flexible position allows one to work remotely with little travel. Growing company. Good conversations with folks, but interview process is lengthy. Could take months to get to a decision.

TECDP Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cigna.

Overall it was a unique and very lengthy experience. I applied in August, and had an on campus interview at the end of September. I heard back for the day two interview at the end of October. They then e-mailed decisions at the end of November.

Every associate I met with during the recruiting process was nice and the interviews were comfortable. The on campus (University) interview was about 40 minutes.

The day two interview consisted of going to a hotel. We went to the Cigna office where we were given a presentation about the company, and a presenter made it a point to say "Only the best of the best" get chosen. Afterwards, we were then set off in groups for a dinner, accompanied by some TECDP associates and managers. This is a big part of the process because they are screening to see if you may fit in with the company and the program. They want to see that you are enthusiastic and sociable.

The next morning, we traveled to the Cigna office to begin a 4 part interview process that takes around 8 hours to coordinate among all the applicants. There is a 5 minute presentation about yourself, a process modeling case study, a group project, and a regular behavioral interview. It's manageable if you prepare and have confidence in yourself.

My main takeaways were that Cigna has a very refined TECDP program, and they invest a lot of time into developing people that do get hired. Every associate seems very involved and happy to be there. However, I have no real insight on the selection process. There is a large number of bright candidates competing for the job. Even if you do everything right and have a solid background, there may be some luck in getting accepted.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't a question, but a business case study.   View Answer

Actuarial Analyst Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cigna.

This was an On Campus screening first interview for the Cigna Actuarial Development Program. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. There were two Cigna actuaries doing the interview. They asked standard behavioral questions and a brain teaser (how would you estimate the number of golf balls that an airplane would hold). The atmosphere was relaxed and friendly. I thought the interview went well but did not get a call back for a second interview

Interview Questions
    • How would you estimate he number of golf balls that an airplane would hold.   Answer Question

Disability Claims Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cigna.

The interview consisits of behavioral type questions. Make sure you identify what you have specifically done to determine the outcome of each question asked. Make sure you always say I!

not really flexible

TECDP Interview

45 minute in person standard behavioral interview with one recruiter followed by a 1-hour phone interview with two recruiters. Both interviews were fairly similar, and there seemed to be a very strong focus on seeing if you are a fit for the company culture.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you have used technology to solve a complex problem.   Answer Question