Chili's Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr, 2015

2.1

Hostess Interview

Interview

I filled out an application and got a call to come in for an interview. They were interviewing other people that same day. The manager was late to the interview and neve called me back to tell me I had with got or not.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Chili's in November 2014.

Interview

They make you apply online, take about 2 weeks to get back to you then you go in for your first interview. If you pass you have a second one with the GM.

Interview Questions

• what makes you a team memeber   1 Answer

Negotiation

i was not able to considering the base pay for servers.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chili's in November 2014.

Interview

Apply online. Two days later I received a phone call from company recruiter for 1:1 interview. We met the beginning of the week. When I arrived, I can say the employees were exceptional friendly. I met with the recruiter few minutes later and sat on a booth to discuss my qualifications. I believe that not enough emphasis is given on experience and achievements.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Chili's (Winston-Salem, NC (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied on the Brinkers.com website and about two days later I got an email asking for an interview, I set up and interview for later that week. I showed up to my interview and had about a 5 minute wait until a manager cam to talk to me. The woman who interviewed me was super nice and made the interview short and sweet, she hired me on the spot. She asked for my availability and told me what my starting hourly rate would be. She then scheduled me to have orientation 2 days later. I came back on the day for orientation and had about a 10-15 minute wait until the manager came and spoke with me and the other hostess who was just hired. She went over the dress code, explained what's expected of us, told us about the In-house charity, talked about the possibility of transitioning to a server if we desired, she gave us a tour of the place, had us fill out some forms, and then we were done. I trained for about two days and the training process was great.

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Chili's (Sacramento, CA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I got an email a few weeks after applying, asking me to schedule a time for an interview. I chose to have the interview on the 15th, and was called on the 18th with an offer for the position as hostess. I then received an email with instructions to complete some online paperwork before going in for my first day.

The interview: I arrived about 15 minutes early and waited about 5 minutes for the hiring manager to come out. We sat at a booth and he was casual and conversational. He asked a few questions about my past jobs, and was mostly interested in a restaurant job I'd had few years back (similar type of restaurant to Chili's so it was the most relevant). The interview was going well but I made sure to ask him questions as well, in an attempt to keep the interview going a bit longer and hoping to leave a good impression as someone talkative and sociable, like asking him how long he'd been with the company and what a typical day is like for a hostess, and asking him how he enjoyed working there.

After the interview he mentioned that he had a few more interviews that week but said he'd call me either way to let me know. It was surprisingly one of the easiest interviews I've had, maybe because his demeanor helped me feel at ease, as it was more like chatting with an older brother.

10-15 minutes early and I was done by maybe 5 minutes after my scheduled time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

Server/Waiter Interview

Interview

the interview took at least a week the interviewed me twice the training took a week you follow a person around shadowing them then after a week they shadow you

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southern Pines, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chili's (Southern Pines, NC (US)).

Interview

Went in for an interview and hired right on the spot. The general manager, asked me some basic questions about myself and got a feel for my personality. I didn't have any other serving experience but I did have experience in a restaurant and the general manager hired me based on my personality.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Biloxi, MS (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Chili's (Biloxi, MS (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process lasted over 3 weeks. I did a phone interview, a video interview, and a face to face. Just when I thought I had aced the interview, i got that dreaded phone call and was informed that someone else was chosen.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you implemented a policy and had push- back from your staff?   Answer Question

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chili's (Wilmington, DE (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

I completed the application online and got a call 2 days later for an interview. I was 5th out of 8 people interviewed that day, with 2 more they were interviewing the following day (what I was told). The interview was easy, but unorganized. I was told they were also hiring for Servers, cooks and bussers and all applicants would be considered for all positions. I was also told I should be updated on the hiring process by the end of the week.

I was never updated, as promised, even when I gave them my email and phone number on 3 seperate occasions following the interview within a 3 week span to check on the hiring process. They told me they were still interviewing applicants 2 weeks after mine.

This company should have been more professional and organized in their hiring process. Even though I have accepted a job offer elsewhere, I still have not received an update from Chili's, a month later, lol. That explains why the manager stated they have had several employees leave a few days after starting, lol.

Prep Cook Interview

Interview

I applied through snagajob, and was hired on the spot at my interview because they were desperate for prep cooks. The restuarant industry has quite the turnover rate. I interviewed with a wonder manager. Back of house is almost always more laid back than front of house, because customers can't see you.