Cheesecake Factory

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.5

Senior Server/Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Al Barsha First (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Al Barsha First (United Arab Emirates)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in September 2012.

When I was looking for a food and beverage job, I basically wanted a job with a renown company so I looked online and found out the cheesecake factory was opening a second branch in Dubai so I applied and successful attained an invitation to attend a one on one interview.

I then attended the interview which was basically broken down in three phases where in order to make it to the next phase you had to not only look and be the part but IQ and etiquette went along way in helping to determine who made it into the final phase which was a one on one with a recruitment agent from the cheesecake factory.

On making it into the third and final phase, the interview was more interested in personally and aptitude as well as a few details which seemed random but I could sense that they crucial in for the interviewer making there mind on whether to recruit me or not.

On a positive note I was given a position that very day and was asked to return a couple of days later to personally sign my contract.

Interview Questions
    • Well, How to you be assertive and come across as polite at the same time when dealing with a complicated quest or client or a peculiar scenario?   Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Applied online. Did not get a call back for about a month or two. Had two interviews. One with a regular manager and the second with the general manager. Was offered the position on the spot and started training the following week. Have currently been at my location for a year and a half.

Corporate Office Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview process was very quick, found recruiter and HR to initially be very friendly and outgoing. Was not given an offer, was told a timeline that was not followed for a decision, but the worst was despite asking both recruiter and hiring manager for feedback on decision, was completely ignored. No return call or email.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable working for an extremely demanding person. Interview overall was very easy, no overly difficult questions.   Answer Question

OST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in September 2012.

Be open and honest. Be sure to answer all questions without saying um. When you go in be direct, dressed well, and articulate. Smile and just be yourself. Ask questions pertaining to the job you are applying for and be knowledgeable about the company. There is a lot of information out there about Cheesecake and that will be a way to let them know you are interested in the company.

Interview Questions
    I came back for a second interview a few days later with GM and was hired at the end of the meeting.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

The first step was completing an application on the company's website. This consisted of a regular information and background sheet, as well as a timed personality and capability quiz. Once completed, the next step was being contacted for a phone interview. This interview was brief, maybe 3 questions or so. It felt like mostly an opportunity for the manager to feel out your personality. Next was a scheduled in person interview with your workgroup manager. This interview was the most intense, but nothing too overwhelming. Typical questions were asked, such as, "tell me about your previous restaurant experience", and, "tell me about a time when you had to handle a difficult guest". At the end of this interview, you will either be told that they will call you if they decide to push you through, or they will set up a second interview for you with the General Manager. The final interview with the GM is brief, and if the GM approves of you, you will be told that day that you have the job.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the entire process was the capability quiz you take online. This consists of reasoning questions, along with math problems. Some are easy, but others are much harder than expected.   Answer Question

Baker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Large group of people, asked questions on what they like to do, what they like, what skills they have... I applied for hosted & they hired me as a baker.

Interview Questions
    • Having to memorize the dessert menu & the ingredients of each dessert.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in May 2014.

Called in for first interview, was asked basic questions. "What was a difficult moment you had at a previous job?", "Why do you think you would enjoy working here?", "What do you have to offer as an employee here?", etc. Called in for a second interview but was only asked about previous experience, then hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were pretty straight forward, nothing too difficult.   Answer Question
    Pay is non-negotiable for servers.

Host Interview

I applied online after I saw an ad. After I completed the application I waited a week until I got a call back. I came in for an interview and spoke with two managers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you failed. I found this difficult because I had to express a flaw which I did not want to expand on or go into detail in fear I would ruin my chance of getting the job.   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunrise, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in June 2012.

Filled out online. Management calls you for a interview. Just smile and be nice. Don't dress like your going to the gym. They will ask you questions about general knowledge of a restaurant. They will ask you question about past jobs? Bring your own pen. Don't ask to borrow one.

Interview Questions
    Two week training. Have to pass a 360 question test. Have to buy a white shirt, pants, sneakers, belt. Also a tie and pens. They give you two aprons. Everything is white

Building Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Battleboro, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Battleboro, NC (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Cheesecake Factory in January 2013.

Typical interview. Asking about how would handle certain situations and your current work experience. The interview starts off pretty serious, but if you are good with interviews, you will have no problem. Just have confidence and the topics you talk about, make sure you actually know what you are talking about.

There was no negotiation

Worked for Cheesecake Factory? Contribute to the Community!