Charlotte Russe Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr, 2015

2.1

Corporate Position Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Interview

I've had two phone interviews then an in-person interview where I met with two different people. I have another phone interview which I believe the last step of the interview process.

Seasonal Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grandville, MI (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Charlotte Russe (Grandville, MI (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

I just went in, asked if they were hiring..talked to a manager. Had a on the spot interview and was promptly told I was hired. The questions were pretty typical. Explain a time when you had to display leadership skills. What's your greatest strength? Weakness?

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Interview

I had to contact the store multiple times and inquire about the status of my application. Finally received a call a few months later to come in for an interview. It was a group interview with two other people which I thought was one of the strangest things ever. Not very intimidating and a very friendly setting. All questions asked were provided by the company on laminated notecards that the hiring manager read off of.

Interview Questions

• "Give me an example of a time when you had an issue with a customer/coworker and how did you resolve it"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase whatsoever.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Charlotte Russe (Baton Rouge, LA (US)).

Interview

I walked in and asked for a paper application, submitted it, was called back for an interview in the afternoon a few days after. It was a group interview with four other candidates, held in a sitting area in the mall, very casual and friendly. As the assistant manager conducting the interview said, she was "the realest," very down-to-earth and not intimidating. Company culture/store seems to be much this way also, but Charlotte Russe is of course a trendy, fashion forward young women's clothing store, which is how they expect you to present yourself as an employee. You are not required to wear Charlotte Russe clothing, but it helps to understand their style. I was in fact wearing one of their blouses that was probably among the most business casual than much of what they carry, but the assistant manager cautioned us against slacks since current street fashion is in the leggings/joggers realm.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's a mall job, so you can expect minimum wage with chance for growth and raises when you do well, get reviewed, etc. It seemed we all lacked prior clothing retail experience and this wasn't a management position, so there's not really room to negotiate.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Charlotte Russe in October 2014.

Interview

Met with store manager and second meeting with DM. The meeting with the SM was very relaxing and with the DM it was the total opposite. Pay was not negotiable

Not enough pay

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Charlotte Russe (Miami, FL (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I was walking past and decided to go in and ask for an application. Since its seasonal time i know they would be hiring i got my application and walked out to fill it out i returned a few minutes later with a completed application and my resume. The assistant manager took my application and thanked me for applying. I really didnt think i would get a call because she looked a little busy i have a lot of retail experience but was nervous because if i did get a call i suck at group interviews (or so i thought lol....)

A few minutes after i walked out the mall literally 7 minutes! I got a call to come in the next day for a group interview i was excited and terrified all together because in a previous group interview at hollister i did horrible. So i went home and came on here of course to get an advantage and boy was i overwhelmed i thought wow these question are pretty much behavioral which i dont do too good on luckily i was not asked any yay!

I arrived early i was actually the first one there my outfit was super stand out ish if that's a word lol waited a few minutes for everyone then walked across the mall to this storage area i studied so much and was hoping i remember my answers but actually she just wanted to get to know us she asked about 4 questions everyone was hired and on friday i start.

Tips: Just be yourself really don't over think it like me the interview was very laid back and easier than i thought

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations its 8 bucks but i just needed a second job..

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Charlotte Russe (Santa Ana, CA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

I saw the job ad on Craigslist! They were re-opening the store at the mall and said they were accepting applications on Sept. 13 and the 20th! I went early in the morning on the 13th but no one was there. So I came back on the 20th in the afternoon and there was a booth outside with 2 ladies. I went over and gave them my application. They asked about my hours I indicated on my application. Then one of the ladies took me to the back of the small for an interview. They asked me a few questions. Then she told me about the store and herself! We really hit it off! She said she would call my references because I didn't have any job experience but I'm not even sure if she really did call my references. She said I would here by Tuesday if I got the job. On Monday, she called me for the job offer and I accepted!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, minimum wage

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Understanding the Charlotte Russe Brand. Knowing how to speak to the needs of the business. Knowing that you are leader and that as a leader you understand how to multi-task. Do you understand conversion? Do you understand what your strengths and opportunities are?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Interview

I dropped off an application on a Thursday and was told to come in on Monday for a group interview. In my interview group there were less than ten people, they had us introduce ourselves and answer some basic questions. A few days later I was called back and offered a job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Interview

I applied in store at Charlotte Russe and that same week I received a call from the assistant manager for an interview. The position was seasonal, so there was a group interview with me and about 10 other girls. The store manager took us to the stock room in the back, which was kind of cramped and we sat in some deformed circle. She asked us a question and she went around the room as each of is gave our answers. I was always last thankfully, so I got to work off everyone else's answers. I believe the entire process of waiting and answering questions took about 45mins to an hour.