Charlotte Russe Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2014
Updated Aug 27, 2014

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

This was a group interview so I made sure I looked fashionable and went with the store's style. There were 6 of us, but I was in a group of 4 and the other 2 were a group on their own. So us 4 girls got interviewed by one manager and I seemed really confident bc I was the only one with prior job experience and my application compared to the other girls was the only one completely filled out. So as I was walking out of the interview, they tell me and some other girl to stay. It was really awkward for the other girls hearing this, but I guess I had made it to the 2nd round. So since 2 girls left it was me in a group of 4 again and we finally get interviewed by the 2nd manager. I was so sure that I was going to get called but as we were walking out, they asked some girl to stay. I was so shocked because that was the same girl who said her weakness was being lazy and had no references and didn't even know what seasonal meant. So I don't mind that CR didn't hire me, apparently they're just looking for lazy people.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in March 2014.

I walked in and got an application then turned it in the next day. About a week later I got a call asking me to come in for an interview. I was late, so I had to interview with the next group (with 3 other girls). A few days later I got a call saying I got the job and to come in for orientation. In orientation, we set up our employee profiles, filled out our tax information, our availability schedule, and the company's policies.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do if you see someone stealing?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in July 2012.

applied in person, got application from the store and returned it when completed. followed up a few days later with a phone call and got an interview. group interview. seemed very calm and relaxed. hiring manager seemed to know what she was doing.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied in store and was interviewed on the spot. The manager asked questions about fashion preferences, availability, past experience in retail and past experiences with costumer related services. They prefer employees who will be flexible with their schedule and can stylishly represent/sell the company

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a costumer asks for something we do not offer   Answer Question

Pt Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

They were opening up a new store at a new location and they had a table in the mall with applications. I filled one out right on the spot and gave it to the manager there. Almost a week later I received a call asking me to come in for an interview. I first interviewed with the store manager and she asked me what were some of my favorite trends out now, when did I make a mistake and how did I fix it. Then the next day she called back asking if I can come in the next day and interview with a store manager at another location. She asked me what were my responsibilities at my other job, what shrink meant among other things. Then they called me the next day so I can go on one last interview with the district manager. She then asked me what I look for in a company and other questions. The whole time it was two of us interviewing. They then called me a week later saying I got the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Augusta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in February 2013.

After I filled out my application, I was called a week later for an interview. I arrived thirty minutes early and I had to wait for the rest of the girls for a group interview. The questions were behavioral based.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cerritos, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in November 2012.

I was given one group interview by the manager. She asked random customer service related questions. There was nothing out of the ordinary that I cam across. This was my first job interview, in fact, my first job ever. Prior to my interview, I studied the standard interview questions as anyone else would. You will be given a few minutes in a group to put together an outfit and sell it to the manager. Try to speak up and take lead, that's what they are looking for. After being hired, I received no training but learned by helpful coworkers when available. Not a difficult job to get the hang of, just basic knowledge and kindness to public was all that was expected.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you be a good fit to our company. Standard question, but always tricky!   View Answer
    No negotiation, just accepted job upon offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlottesville, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in May 2014.

went in filled out the application, had an interview the very next day with the assistant manager, afterwords I met with the store manager who then asked if I would be interested in a key holder position because of my retail experience (key holder position not available until August.

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

First they called me for a short phone interview with HR, we just went over my resume. Then, I went to the HQ for a 1:1interview with 3 people from the department. It was a very average interview, no hard questions, more like a mutual conversation.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Syracuse, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

I went through 2 interviews. About an hour after the second interview I was hired. Very casual interviews. He asked a lot about work history. Laughed and carried on about himself more than asking questions about my strengths.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever stolen anything or helped anyone steal something?   View Answer