Cerner Software Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

114 interviews

2.5

114 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

3 ROUNDS.1st HR,2nd Technical,3rd Technical.HR round was 2 mins but both technical rounds were 15-20 mins each.It varies,for me it was like this.Very cool interviewer and they treat you really well.Be confident and answer.Thats all.

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cerner.

It includes both technical and behavior questions. About your achievements, strengths and weakness, what changes can you make etc.
    Checks overall skills in development and technology. It also evaluates your learning skills which is really valued and highly appreciated.

Software Engineer Interview

2 rounds of face to face technical interview. should be strong in concepts, technically bit sound. they provide you with various instances and test your analytical skills as well

My interview went for 2 hours , felt good

did not negotiate

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Cerner.

Campus Interview in Bangalore, India. Day started with a company presentation. Then a 1 - 2 hr written test (aptitude test). Those who qualified the written test, there was a group discussion round with a group size of 10 - 15 students.
    A topic was given to discuss for 20 - 30 minutes with 2 of of company members present in the room but "not evaluating anything". At the end, each student was given time to summarize the discussion which was supposed to be evaluated by the company representatives. The filtered list of students the went for personal interview.
    Personal Interview was simultaneously with 3 people, one each from development, testing and HR. I was given time at the end to ask questions.
    At the end of the (very long) day, they declared the list of qualified candidates - 5 out of 300 odd people who originally sat for the written test and handed over a offer later with an estimated date of joining.

Interview Questions
    • For the personal interview: Simple engineering level questions around programming, like C++ Pointers, String reversal algorithm etc. were asked. They were more interested in seeing the approach rather than code with correct syntax. Interviewers were friendly and nice.

Strange Qs:The testing guy wanted to ask about prerequisites from the clients in a project. I explained but I guess he wanted to hear the word "Requirements", commonly used in software maintenance and testing. Probably was strange for me as I thought it to be only a software developer interview but they were also looking for software test engineers.
        View Answers (2)
    No Negotiation. Fixed amount already known to all undergraduates before the interview process began.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manhattan, KS (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan, KS (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in March 2011.

Initial interest is based solely on resume's. Cerner is hiring a lot, so they use cursory looks to week out obvious incompetents. The 2-round initial interviews are with HR people, regardless of how technical the position is, so they are looking for buzzwords and people skills. The questionnaire they have you fill out, however, is reviewed by someone with more technical experience.

Expect questions on what languages you are proficient with, and other similar skills (databases, web design, etc.) They are looking mostly for C++ and Java people, but also have places for Ruby, Groovy, and some others. Expect a question on a difficult coding bug and how you resolved it. Expect a question on a difficult team situation (Suppose a team member is being hostile or uncooperative...) and how you resolved that. Expect questions on experience with development in a team environment.

If you pass both rounds of interviews, you are offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most difficult software bug you ever encountered in software you were developing, how you approached it, and how you resolved it (if you resolved it).   View Answer
    They did not appear open to negotiation, though I did not try. They had offer letters pre-printed with the salary already typed in. Because they are doing a lot of hiring, I do not think negotiation will be possible for entry-level positions, though others might see more success.

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cerner.

Applied through Employee Referral. Process took two weeks. First round was a HR round and then got scheduled for a three hour Skype Interview with three teams. I was allowed to choose between Skype or Onsite Interview and i chose Skype. All the questions are posted here. Lots of behavioral questions. Questions on Resume. Waiting for an Answer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you trouble shooter and failed.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cerner.

Initial HR call: Within a week from application.
    Usual resume-related questions. Rate yourself in each known language, best project etc.
    Technical Phone call: Immediate week of the HR call
    Theory question related to databases; how to improve access speed, one technical data structure related question, design a structure for game of chess, questions related to debugging.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in July 2013.

Fake promises

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cerner in October 2013.

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cerner.

Software Engineer Interview

Puzzles, Technical interviews, C++ basic question. Interview was very easy. Interviewers were very co-operative.

Interview Questions

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!