Cerner

Getting the Interview

99 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cerner.

Interview Details Applied through Employee Referral. Process took two weeks. First round was a HR round and then got scheduled for a three hour Skype Interview with three teams. I was allowed to choose between Skype or Onsite Interview and i chose Skype. All the questions are posted here. Lots of behavioral questions. Questions on Resume. Waiting for an Answer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you trouble shooter and failed.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cerner.

Interview Details Initial HR call: Within a week from application.
Usual resume-related questions. Rate yourself in each known language, best project etc.
Technical Phone call: Immediate week of the HR call
Theory question related to databases; how to improve access speed, one technical data structure related question, design a structure for game of chess, questions related to debugging.

Interview Question – How would you debug on a real-time parallel processing system?   View Answers (5)

Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in July 2013.

Interview Details Fake promises

Software Engineer

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cerner in October 2013.

Interview Details I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cerner.

Interview Question – Lots of behavioral question   Answer Question

Interviewed at Cerner

Interview Details Puzzles, Technical interviews, C++ basic question. Interview was very easy. Interviewers were very co-operative.

Interview Question – Some puzzle question   Answer Question

Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in April 2012.

Interview Details First phone interview - HR based. Then three 1:1 interview - behavioral and 1 code.

Interview Question – Asked to write a program.   Answer Question

Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cerner in March 2013.

Interview Details 1 phone call HR interview 30 min, 1 technical Phone call interview 30 min, Two 30 mins Technical + Decision making interview

Interview Question – All the questions are on glassdoor   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cerner in October 2013.

Interview Details Recruited from a campus career fair.

The Skype interview consisted of two parts: typical personality questionnaire and a technical portion.

"Tell me about a time when you didn't get along with your boss."
"Tell me about a project you worked on that you're proud of."
"Can you explain what a garbage collector is?"
"Tell me how you would create a program for a simple game, like chess or checkers in an OOL."

Interview Question – "Can you explain what a garbage collector is?"   View Answers (2)

Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in September 2013.

Interview Details Easy and very organized interview process. Standard questions from glassdoor like prepare BST with duplicates for "CERNER", write a program to find max number read input from user and return max number. ACID properties. Given a program and asked to find what exceptions will occur in this.

Interview Question – What is cloud computing   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Not the exact profile I was looking for and salary non negotiable.

London, England (UK)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cerner in September 2013.

Interview Details Had an interview with 2 software developers (with a lot of technical questions) and a phone interview with one of their employee based in Kansas. I asked them for a feedback 2 weeks later but they didn't give me any response.

Interview Question – Recursion exercise   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cerner

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cerner Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 99 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cerner employees and interview candidates.