Cerner Interview Questions

Updated 19 Oct, 2014
Updated 19 Oct, 2014

2.6

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner.

Had a phone interview with recruiter. Was invited out to Kansas City for experience Cerner day. They put me in a very nice hotel and treated us all well. About 20 candidates applying for the same position. Went on 2 30 minute interviews followed by a tour of campus.

Interview Questions
    • What's a time that you were not emotionally supported by a co-worker?   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Software Developer Interview

hiring process was quit easy, they asked how to implement chess game using oops concept along with basic oops questions like polymorphism, abstraction, inheritance etc.. there were only 2 rounds 1 technical and 1 HR. all process went smoothly

Software Engineer Interview

A mix between behavioral questions and your experience with different languages. They asked questions that ranged from "Describe a time where you had to tell someone they were doing something wrong, and how did you approach them?" to "Give me a language where you have to manage your memory and one that you don't have to manage it"

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about debugging your code if a client brought up issues with the program.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

There were three rounds. The first round was a written test and the next two were technical face-to-face interviews. It went pretty fine. They asked questions from my areas of interest and oops concepts. Be good with the fundas.

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner.

Basic phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. Went in for 2 30 minute interviews a month after phone interview. Most questions asked in the face to face interview were questions posted on glassdoor reviews

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you didn't feel emotionally supported by a team member or coworker   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Team Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

Met with three different managers to interview with. Each had a booklet of 'give me an example of a time when you..' questions and they didn't really deviate from the booklet. Afterwards I was given a tour of their client area to see some of the equipment in situ.

Interview Questions
    The language used by the staff is full of americanisms which was off putting.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cerner in October 2014.

The Interview process is pretty moderate. First round is HR. Questions based on Resume such as Work Exp (if any) or Academic Projects and other some basic questions. Second Round is Technical. These both rounds are on Phone. If you clear these rounds then you get call for onsite interview. 2 one hr interviews based on behavioral and Technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • I still cleared first round and got selected for Technical Round. Still awaiting that.   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in October 2014.

I initially met with a Cerner recruiter on campus and was contacted 2 weeks later to visit their KC headquarters and participate in the Experience Cerner Day. The company put me up in a Hilton hotel in downtown KC (by power and light district) and provided us with delicious meals. The first day consists of a tour of downtown KC and dinner. The second day you do 2 interviews (30 mins a piece). These interviews are very laid back and conversational. Remember that these are behavioral based interviews, so remember your STAR responses (Situation, Task, Action, Results). Overall a very positive experience

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.
      Tell me about a time when you were innovative.
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Started with a phone-interview. Basic behavioral questions regarding goals and past experiences. Second interview was also by phone. Consisted of talking 1 on 1 with an engineer. Second interview had more technical questions compared to the first interview. The technical questions were pretty simple and should be information that most freshman in CS should know.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

Applied online and was e-mailed to set up a phone interview, finished the phone interview and set up an in-person tour of the Headquarters in Kansas City and interviews to take place during visit. Still in the process of interviewing. Arrived at World Headquarters to have presentations, two 1:1 interviews, lunch, tour of the headquarters, and then send everyone on their way. As other posts have stated, recruiters state that it will be within two weeks that you'll hear of a decision from the company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to come up with an innovative solution with little or no direction   View Answer