Cerner

Updated 27 Jan, 2015
Updated 27 Jan, 2015

2.6

Researcher Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cerner.

Overall hiring and interview process, took 3 months from initial application to phone interview. Still waiting to see if I make it to the next stage in the process. What I read from others, it usually takes 1-2 weeks to hear back. Then that is followed with an in person interview followed by offer within another 1-2 weeks.

Velocity Delivery Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in January 2015.

Applied online and about two weeks I got an email to set up a phone interview, got a phone call interview the next week. The whole interview lasted about 30 minutes, interview wasn't hard basic HR questions and one STAR question then mostly talked about the company. Told about travel requirements and the next step in interview. Also talked about what each branch is responsible for. Wasn't a hard interview at all very friendly and easy to talk to

Interview Questions
    • Time I face a complicated situation how did I solve it   Answer Question

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

Went to a information session at school. Submitted my resume at a career fair. Heard from a recruiter a month later. Had an initial phone interview (how you heard about them, why the health care field, one or two behavioral questions). Got invited to Experience Cerner day, but I chose the Skype interviews because it was during finals. Exactly two weeks after my interview I received a phone call with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had a professor/someone at work give you two conflicting demands.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

3 rounds technical and 1 hr..It was project specific and team members will take interview but the first one to take will be the manager and then if he is fine the other members take it

Software Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cerner.

I applied online and through their website. They responded with an Interview offer within 2 hours.
    First interview was through the phone and mostly HR questions. Second interview was through Video and the interview just asked about past projects, some behavior questions, and then asked me to design a class to handle allergies. I have two more back to back interviews with them that are the final round.

Interview Questions
    • He asked me how I handled feedback and criticism. He also asked OOP questions about designing a class for allergies.   Answer Question

Production Owner Interview

I was promoted so the interview was just a informal chat with the manager of the position. It was easy and there was no pressure. When I had my initial interview it was pretty easy also.

Delivery Consultant Interview

Phone interview followed by a full day of interviews at the Cerner campus in Kansas City. At the campus there were three interviews. There was also a dinner the night before the interviews.

Test Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

I had applied for the position from a job board portal.
    After almost a month I received a call from the HR.
    She asked me few generic questions and scheduled the interview date after 2 days.

On the scheduled date make sure you are before time and neatly dressed, formal outfit(traditional/business).
    First round was a digital recorded English (verbal/ written- dictation, reading passage, writing passage,writing summary, sentence construction, answering to a question after listening a conversation etc)) test which had a cut off.
    On clearing the cut off I was called for technical interviews which were in two rounds. ( My personal view on this is that probably they wanted to cross verify the answers to check integrity of the associate. Not sure!)
    After first interview, I waited for hardly 10 minutes and I had my second interview.
    Then HR asked me to leave and wait for response from her via call or mail.

Interview questions were all related to the job description and my CV.
    There were situational questions as well.
    I believe I faired well except for few hiccups.

All in all the interview will not be a stressed/scary one if you know you work properly. Interviewers were highly experienced associates and more importantly, amicable.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked some 40-50 questions in the two rounds. I have listed all that I could remember.

1- Say something about yourself / introduce yourself
      2- Why do you think you qualify for this job ?
      3- What do you know about the company?
      4- What is the company strength in India and globally ?
      5- Are you clear on the expectations from this position you are appearing for ?
      6- State a difficult situation in your career which you handled and How?
      7- How do you manage when one of your associates contests your negative feedback for him/her?
      8- How do you interact or co-ordinate with your associates?
      9- Were you involved in appraisal process? How did you go about doing the same?
      10- What kind of domains you have worked for?
      11- What were your roles and responsibilities in previous company?
      12- Why did you leave your company?
      13- State in one line why should you be selected.
      14- Has testing been boring for you ? How do you manage to motivate in a monotonous task?
      15- How was your rapport with your manager?
      16- How would you handle a situation where deadline slippage may happen but client is adamant of having delivery on the pre-decided date?
      17- Explain the various test environment(if any) you have worked on and types of testing done?
      18- Could you draw out on board the flow of a build from development until Go Live in your previous projects and explain?
      19- What tools have you worked on?
      20- How did you manage a release in HP QC? Could you tell how you used it?
      21- How do you maintain work and personal life balance?
      22- Have you been into any kind of scripting or Performance testing? Are you ready to learn given 3 to 6 months?
      23- State a major weakness in you that you can improve.
      24- What do you like about testing?
      25- How do you keep track of the latest trends in testing? If asked can you state some.
      26- You have not worked for healthcare. Why do you think you can manage?
      27- What process you follow when a new associate joins your team?
      28- What activities have you done pertaining to Resource Management?
      29- How do you go about doing Test Estimation and Test Planning?
      30- What kind of project models have you worked for ? Were you involved during Requirements Analysis phase?
      31- Where do you maintain the documents and how?
      32- What do you think is the best way to represent metrics to your manager / client? What have you done in your previous projects?
      33- What was the strength of the team you managed and were they located at one place?
      34- If you face certain Live issues how do you go about handling it?
      35- State a highlight in your career.
      36- Why do you want to take up this job?
      37- What is your career aim for the future?
      38- What do you prefer doing as your pass-time activities or hobbies?
      39- What have you done so that Live issues are not repeated?
      40- You have Lean Six Sigma certification. Do you think these can be applied for testing projects? State some points that you can apply?
      41- State some test design techniques you have used and why do you think it's useful?
      42- Have you suggested any performance improvement to your performance team for your application? What are those?
      43- When a bug/defect occurred in your testing how do you go about reporting it and what has been the defect fix turn around?
      44- Do you wish to ask anything?
      45- How do you think you performed in your first round of interview?

Hope this helps! All the best !

-Waiting for the result

Answer Question

Cerner Delivery Professional Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in December 2014.

Applied online and got a phone interview, within 3 business days I had heard back from the company and offered an in-person interview at "Experience Cerner Day" By far the best interview process I have ever been involved in.

Interview Questions
    • No real out-of-the-blue questions, they want to get to know you not grill you   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cerner in December 2014.

First round was a basic HR phone interview. Basic questions off your resume. Was told the next round would be technical and require you to answer health-related coding questions in whichever language you are most comfortable with. This was done online using HireVue, but interviewer lost connection about halfway through, didn't get to any coding questions (although tried to get me to walk through a language I was fairly weak at before losing connection a little into it) and most questions were behavioral and based off the resume. Just finished today so haven't heard back yet.