Cerner

Updated 14 Dec, 2014
Updated 14 Dec, 2014

2.6

Delivery Consultant Interview

Phone interview followed by a full day of interviews at the Cerner campus in Kansas City. At the campus there were three interviews. There was also a dinner the night before the interviews.

Production Owner Interview

I was promoted so the interview was just a informal chat with the manager of the position. It was easy and there was no pressure. When I had my initial interview it was pretty easy also.

Test Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

I had applied for the position from a job board portal.
    After almost a month I received a call from the HR.
    She asked me few generic questions and scheduled the interview date after 2 days.

On the scheduled date make sure you are before time and neatly dressed, formal outfit(traditional/business).
    First round was a digital recorded English (verbal/ written- dictation, reading passage, writing passage,writing summary, sentence construction, answering to a question after listening a conversation etc)) test which had a cut off.
    On clearing the cut off I was called for technical interviews which were in two rounds. ( My personal view on this is that probably they wanted to cross verify the answers to check integrity of the associate. Not sure!)
    After first interview, I waited for hardly 10 minutes and I had my second interview.
    Then HR asked me to leave and wait for response from her via call or mail.

Interview questions were all related to the job description and my CV.
    There were situational questions as well.
    I believe I faired well except for few hiccups.

All in all the interview will not be a stressed/scary one if you know you work properly. Interviewers were highly experienced associates and more importantly, amicable.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked some 40-50 questions in the two rounds. I have listed all that I could remember.

1- Say something about yourself / introduce yourself
      2- Why do you think you qualify for this job ?
      3- What do you know about the company?
      4- What is the company strength in India and globally ?
      5- Are you clear on the expectations from this position you are appearing for ?
      6- State a difficult situation in your career which you handled and How?
      7- How do you manage when one of your associates contests your negative feedback for him/her?
      8- How do you interact or co-ordinate with your associates?
      9- Were you involved in appraisal process? How did you go about doing the same?
      10- What kind of domains you have worked for?
      11- What were your roles and responsibilities in previous company?
      12- Why did you leave your company?
      13- State in one line why should you be selected.
      14- Has testing been boring for you ? How do you manage to motivate in a monotonous task?
      15- How was your rapport with your manager?
      16- How would you handle a situation where deadline slippage may happen but client is adamant of having delivery on the pre-decided date?
      17- Explain the various test environment(if any) you have worked on and types of testing done?
      18- Could you draw out on board the flow of a build from development until Go Live in your previous projects and explain?
      19- What tools have you worked on?
      20- How did you manage a release in HP QC? Could you tell how you used it?
      21- How do you maintain work and personal life balance?
      22- Have you been into any kind of scripting or Performance testing? Are you ready to learn given 3 to 6 months?
      23- State a major weakness in you that you can improve.
      24- What do you like about testing?
      25- How do you keep track of the latest trends in testing? If asked can you state some.
      26- You have not worked for healthcare. Why do you think you can manage?
      27- What process you follow when a new associate joins your team?
      28- What activities have you done pertaining to Resource Management?
      29- How do you go about doing Test Estimation and Test Planning?
      30- What kind of project models have you worked for ? Were you involved during Requirements Analysis phase?
      31- Where do you maintain the documents and how?
      32- What do you think is the best way to represent metrics to your manager / client? What have you done in your previous projects?
      33- What was the strength of the team you managed and were they located at one place?
      34- If you face certain Live issues how do you go about handling it?
      35- State a highlight in your career.
      36- Why do you want to take up this job?
      37- What is your career aim for the future?
      38- What do you prefer doing as your pass-time activities or hobbies?
      39- What have you done so that Live issues are not repeated?
      40- You have Lean Six Sigma certification. Do you think these can be applied for testing projects? State some points that you can apply?
      41- State some test design techniques you have used and why do you think it's useful?
      42- Have you suggested any performance improvement to your performance team for your application? What are those?
      43- When a bug/defect occurred in your testing how do you go about reporting it and what has been the defect fix turn around?
      44- Do you wish to ask anything?
      45- How do you think you performed in your first round of interview?

Hope this helps! All the best !

-Waiting for the result

Answer Question

Cerner Delivery Professional Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in December 2014.

Applied online and got a phone interview, within 3 business days I had heard back from the company and offered an in-person interview at "Experience Cerner Day" By far the best interview process I have ever been involved in.

Interview Questions
    • No real out-of-the-blue questions, they want to get to know you not grill you   Answer Question

Software Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

Interview process was very quick. Talked to a recruiter at a career fair, one week later had one phone interview, a week after that two more phone interviews, and after one more week I had an offer. All rounds of interviews had the same type of questions. Mostly talking about old projects you've worked on and then at the end a question about designing a class to do some kind of task.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cerner.

2 rounds of technical interview. 1 HR
    Supposedly the 2 technical rounds are to weed out inconsistencies. Have see interviewers collude to get in people they want. But you are good you will most probably get through.
    Generally no coding questions are asked but theoretical technical questions are asked or scenario based questions

The salary range depends on the experience/ role. So make sure you fit into the bracket and they will accept.

Academy Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

Applied through employee referral and got a reply back on same day to schedule a call for the first round. First interview was general HR interview. He went through my resume and asked questions regarding visa status, GPA, why cerner?, explain any one of the project etc.

They replied after 2 weeks to schedule a video interview with one of the technical person. Second interview was different, the interviewer first asked me questions regarding my interests and asked me to explain one of the project. I was expecting some of questions in OOPS, algorithms, data structures but he didnt asked any. Instead he asked 2 design questions which took 20 mins each. First question was -> design a class (give different methods and variables that will be used) that will provide information about the allergy of a patient. e.g. who reported the allergy(patient/doctor/relative), different symptoms of the allergy that are detected, severity, method that returns when was that allergy detected in that patient.
    Second question was _. design a class that will be used to store the information of the patients visiting to the hospital.
    Then he asked me which is your favorite data structure I said Binary tree. Then he asked me design a BST with CERNER as an input.

Interview Questions
    • design a class (give different methods and variables that will be used) that will provide information about the allergy of a patient.   Answer Question

KCIT Apprentice Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner.

The process too about 3 weeks from the day I had my phone interview to the day i started compass. The interviewers I had were great and made me feel comfortable during the interview. The recruiters answered any questions i had about the process.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner.

I applied online, got call from HR with basic behavioral questions, questions about resume experience, then follow-up skype interview that was technical, lasted about an hour. Waiting to hear back, and not sure if there are more rounds to come

Interview Questions
    • Basic OOPs stuff - create a class that has info about some disease, and can be updated easily, how would you record the time of the disease report   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cerner.

aptitude, HR and technical. nothing unexpected, easy technical questions and common Hr questions.
    they ask you about the language you are good at and ask basic questions in that subject. i was also asked about previous job exp and learning from your prev job. questions from unix etc

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected, easy technical questions and common Hr questions   Answer Question