Cerner

Getting the Interview

511 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Delivery Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cerner in November 2011.

Interview Details 2 formal interviews, both situational (how would you handle this situation...)

Interview Question – What was your biggest challenge?   Answer Question

Velocity Consultant Interview

Interviewed at Cerner

Interview Details Cerner Experience Day - Great tour of the city, good restaurant, tour of campus. They give you two, 30 minute interviews, both behavioral. Pretty laid back and easy.

Interview Question – Something along the lines of "Describe a situation where you had to change someone's outlook"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other offers

KCIT Technical Apprentice Interview

Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in September 2012.

Interview Details Conducted two phone interviews over two weeks, then 3 back to back in person interviews using the S.T.A.R. method of question asking. They were all behavioral questions. For example: "Tell me about a time when you had difficulty in your previous job or at school" They were looking for a description of the overall situation in detail, the task needed, the actions taken by me, and what the final result was.

Interview Question – As I had no real experience yet in the field, all of the STAR questions were difficult, so I had to relate them to my school experiences   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The position was defined by H.R. to base pay on school experience through credits completed as it is essentially another type of intern position, so no negotiation took place.

Velocity Systems Engineer Interview

Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in March 2014.

Interview Details A recruiter e-mailed me the next day after appling online to schedule a phone interview with her to discuss my background and job position that I applied for. The phone call took approximately 30 minutes and consisted of a couple basic behavioral questions but nothing major.

Once that was completed, she then scheduled me to have a technical interview 2 days later. It contained some behavioral questions, but mostly it was all technical questions. I'd suggest you brush up a little about cloud computing, networking, and databases some before you do interview, because these system engineer managers know what they're talking about and will know what you don't. The call took a little over 30 minutes to complete.

A few days later, I got a call back from the Cerner recruiter who set me up for an on-site interview, or what they call "Experience Cerner Day." This consisted of attending a tour of the city and dinner the night before. The tour was pretty educational, because you get to see a side of the city that has a lot of character. The dinner was awesome and they gave you a chance to speak with other system engineers that went through the velocity program to ask them questions about it as well as other questions about their day-to-day work lives. It was very informal and I think it helped us understand the Cerner culture better.

The next day consisted of going on-site where we talked with the Velocity programming manager and he gave a one-hour presentation of what the velocity program was. After that we had our 2 1-hour interview with different system engineers. It was mostly made up of STAR questions, so as long as you can relate to the question and come up with one of your experiences, you won't have a problem.

After that, we had lunch, tour of the continuous campus, and then watched a video. It was definitely an interesting experience and I look forward to working for them.

Interview Question – Just read up on how STAR questions work and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Velocity Analyst Interview

Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cerner in March 2014.

Interview Details The Interview process uses S.T.A.R behavior based questions. Be prepared for difficult questions and be very detailed.

Interview Question – Give me an example of when you implemented an new plan that was not well received by all.   View Answer

Velocity Delivery Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cerner.

Interview Details Applied online and then had a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes with about four behavioral questions. Then had two in person interviews. Both were 45 minutes and continually was asked behavioral questions. The interviewers seemed to look for someone who was able to keep a conversation going and think quick on their feed.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a problem that you overcame with little to no knowledge of the situation or how to solve it beforehand   Answer Question

Technology Consultant Interview

Interviewed at Cerner

Interview Details The interview process consists of three interviews with each interviewer mostly asking situation questions. There were also some behavioral based questions. They don't take very long to get back to you on whether they are interested.

Interview Question – What's your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was very non-negotiable. They also don't give very much time at all on your decision.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cerner.

Interview Details Applied through Employee Referral. Process took two weeks. First round was a HR round and then got scheduled for a three hour Skype Interview with three teams. I was allowed to choose between Skype or Onsite Interview and i chose Skype. All the questions are posted here. Lots of behavioral questions. Questions on Resume. Waiting for an Answer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you trouble shooter and failed.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Cerner

Interview Details The campus recruiting process was so easy I didn't know if that was really it!

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to argue for your beliefs.   Answer Question

Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Cerner in December 2013.

Interview Details Basically they scheduled a phone interview the day after I applied online and then before she hung up with me she scheduled an in person interview at experience cerner day for the following friday. At experience cerner day they go through a powerpoint and basically sell the company to you and then there are two 30 minute interviews back to back.

Interview Question – They asked a lot about how you currently or have in the past used innovation or technology to solve a problem, they asked that over and over in different ways so have lots of examples.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cerner

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cerner interview questions and advice. All 511 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Cerner employees and interview candidates.