Center for Strategic and International Studies
csis.org Washington, DC 150 to 499 Employees

Center for Strategic and International Studies Summer Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Intern Interview

Washington, DC (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Center for Strategic and International Studies in April 2012.

Interview Details I got in touch with a friend who works at CSIS and asked about the best way to get your foot in the door. She passed my resume along to two programs that I was interested in. One of the programs emailed me almost immediately and asked if I would be interested in a summer internship with them and if I could speak with them in the next 4 days. We had a brief phone interview where they asked me to talk them through my resume and what I was working on at my current job. I had an offer in my inbox within 3 days.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Summer Intern Interview

Washington, DC (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Center for Strategic and International Studies in March 2011.

Interview Details Few weeks after I applied for the summer internship program online, I got an email to schedule a phone interview. The interview was a conference call with me and two mid-level staff persons. It was a typical interview to talk about why you are interested, what makes you a good candidate, etc. They also provided good answers to the questions I had about the company. The interview was informal, relaxed, and friendly.

Interview Question – How did you become interested in our work?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Center for Strategic and International Studies

Worked for Center for Strategic and International Studies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Center for Strategic and International Studies Summer Intern interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Center for Strategic and International Studies employees and interview candidates.