Caterpillar Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

Revenue Analyst Interview

3 interviewers. They used targeted selection interview questions. Will ask questions along the lines of how you managed a certain situation in the past, what was the outcome, how do you cope with stress, etc.
    Each interview could take about 45 mins to 1 hr.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to manage a difficult person   Answer Question

Technical Marketing Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Caterpillar in September 2012.

The process began with on campus recruiting. A resume was submitted, and I was contacted with an interview offer. The interview was a one on one behavioral interview. After about 2 weeks, an offer was extended with a decision period of about 2 weeks.

None

Systems Analyst II Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Caterpillar.

I applied through online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Caterpillar in July 2014.

There were 3 different interviews: All the rounds happened in same day but interview duration time took almost 4 hours.
    - Usual resume interview followed by technical interview.
    - STAR interviews-Behavioral interview and Project technical discussion (Describe me a time where
      you failed, where you had trouble with a team member,where you were wrong and project
      deliveries) duration of this round consisting of 2 hours.
    - Managerial interview with US managers and followed by HR discussion
      Overall experience was good and entire interview process and approval of offer completed within a
      week..

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Peoria, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Caterpillar in October 2011.

Initial contact started at a campus job fair. Conversations with HR reps went well, so I submitted my resume. I attended presentations on campus put on by Caterpillar that week. First round of interviews held on campus. Second interviews at Caterpillar HQ. Interviewed by three staff members - three very different personalities. Questions weren't overly difficult, a few were challenging. They were looking for very specific experience (mix of marketing and technical). Received a call a few weeks later that I would not be receiving an offer.

Demand Analyst Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Caterpillar.

Behavioral based questions. Looking for STARs - Situation/Task, Actions you took and the Results of your actions. Usually group interviews where you'll have 2-3 people interviewing you at one time.

Interview Questions
    • None are really difficult, esp if you are good about talking and bragging about yourself. Unfortunately I'm not.   Answer Question
    Definately negotiate

Product Development Interview

One on-campus interview. About a 2 month period following the interview before notified about decision. There were two 30 minute interview sessions where you sat down one on one with a member of the Caterpillar team. The interviewers were nice. It was very structured.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you failed and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Staff Accountant I Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Caterpillar.

Travel to head office for interview. Panel interview then individual interview with each panelist and a presentation on my resume detailing skills and experiences. Have lunch with a member of staff then tour a plant.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult situation you had to deal with   Answer Question

Engineering Technical Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Caterpillar.

There were several rounds - 1st one screening to understand my profile, 2nd technical round on application programming from US, 3rd again technical on application programming from US, 3rd and 4th behavioral on scenarios, how I handle various situations etc. rounds. 5th managerial on my approach to build teams etc. then no news :)

Interview Questions
    • Interviews were not tough and were reasonable. However, the recruiters are quite unprofessional, never update on the next round even when you are appearing for senior leadership positions. During F2F interview, the recruiter was laid back, never spoke. Very transactional. It was very disappointing experience as I love the brand caterpillar since my childhood. Very very disappointed and would only recommend if you don't have any other choice! They do not have the courtesy to even respond to your emails..   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Caterpillar in August 2010.

not much on technical , 2 rounds of interview, but be carefull while negotiating the CTC, would try to squeeze you as much as possible. HR is very smart in confusing with variable pay calculations and the reality would be different

Interview Questions
    • nothing like that as long as you are sue of what you have put in your resume   Answer Question

Section Manager III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Athens, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Caterpillar in January 2013.

This process is very detailed. You are contacted by email and telephone and then go thru behavioral/Situation, Task, Action, Results format interviewing. If offered the position you will be called by telephone and then followed up with a letter. Those not offered the position are mailed a letter or emailed.

There was no negotiation on my salary

Worked for Caterpillar? Contribute to the Community!