Caterpillar

Updated 26 Jan, 2015
Updated 26 Jan, 2015

Finance Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar.

After applying online, had a phone interview which was mainly competency based. The person conducting the interview was really friendly. So that made me feel at ease with the interview, therefore, found the interview easy. Also have so questions ready to ask for the end of the interview.
    Currently waiting for an assessment centre day.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Caterpillar.

It is just an hour interview.The panel contains 3 members. I went through a recruiter. He does the background check. The interviewer is mostly interested in projects and the skill set. He gave a job description for the first 15 minutes followed by a few questions in my projects and then by behavioral HR questions.

Design Engineer Interview

Very good Written test, Professional Gd and Normal interview. They will expect what exactly they need and good Knowledge on the field is expected. Open minded persons are expected. Panel interview, 2 on 1. Great a good impression is necessary. Good knowledge on project is must. hope for the best.

Graduate Development Program Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Caterpillar.

On phone screening, whole day in person interviews. In person interviews were one on one. These interviews vary from technical, behavioral and personal background / fit with the company culture. Fit with the company culture is a very big part of the interviews so it is very very important to make sure that you just be who you are instead of trying to figure out what they want to hear. Technical interview can be pretty technical too and most of the interviewers are looking for how well you can work and know what you know instead of trying to make sure you know everything already.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions asking for examples or situations. Behavioral questions such as tell me a situation when you had a difficult colleague and how did you handle that situation can be very difficult because you have to go into the detail of the situation. Just take your time to thinking through a whole situation and then answer instead of start answering and then fumbling through the whole answer.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate at all but there may be opportunities for negotiations in some situations.

Material Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar.

Series of interviews along with agility testing and probationary period before becoming a full time Cat employee. I worked consistently and diligently and was offered full time position within 90 days.

Interview Questions
    was offered second shift and declined then offered third shift and I accepted.

Distribution Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar.

I applied online and received an email response to speak to someone on the phone. We spoke briefly for a few minutes about expectations, why I applied and availability for a phone interview since I was not in the area at the time. I interviewed with a panel of 3 people over the phone two weeks later. Then two weeks afterwards I was invited to do a site visit, after the site visit an offer was made for the role.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me a time when you disagreed with your supervisor?
      Please tell me about a time you engage employees to get improve results.

Answer Question

Senior Associate Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Caterpillar.

5 rounds totally - 1 round Telephonic Technical - 1 round F2F Technical -3 F2F Scenario Based.The scenario based round mostly based on your previous experience, projects and how you handled them.

It was smooth

Technical Marketing Interview

Met them at a career fair, applied through my school and on their site. I went to the interview about 2 weeks later. The interview was behavioral. It was fairly easy, but I still didn't receive an offer.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I talked to a rep at a career fair and she told me to apply online. After applying online, I heard back in a couple weeks and had an in person interview. I was interviewed by two people for a half hour each. After another couple weeks, they called me to tell me that they are pursuing other options.

Staff Accountant Interview

I got an interview through school. Most of the questions were simple behavioral questions and the interview lasted about 30 mins. My interviewer was really nice and he talked proudly about his company. After the interview, i asked for a business card. He further advised me that I should hear back from the company in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had difficulty working in a group. What was the difficulty? How did you handle it?   Answer Question