Carnival Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Entertainment Staff Interview

Entertainment Staff
Toronto, ON

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in March 2014.

Interview Details I submitted my resume through a Canadian recruiter (cast-a-way), and was contacted for an initial skype interview about a month later. After that went well, I was invited to meet with the Carnival hiring team who happened to be hosting a group interview session in my city a couple weeks later.

It was a full day event, the morning started with an orientation about life on board and expectations, then we played games in front of the group to get a sense of our personalities and public speaking abilities, and finally we met one-on-one with Carnival representatives.

They asked us to bring with us a current resume, a copy of our passport, two letters of reference, background check, and any relevant degrees.

After I was told of my acceptance, I was required to complete a very thorough medical (physical, blood, urine) which cost me $500.

Once I was given the final go-ahead, someone from Carnival contacted me to help with onboarding.

Between submitting resume to first day on the job, six months.

Overall, the interview process was a very positive experience.

Interview Question – We were divided into groups and asked to come up with fake definitions to a word (a la Balderdash) and present them to the group.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There's little room to negotiate. You start as an entry level employee and if you want to make a career of it, need to work your way up.

Camp Counsellor Interview

Camp Counsellor
Vancouver, BC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Interview Details Pretty easy, as long as you have a lot of experience with children then you're in!

Personal Vacation Planner

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Interview Details Submitted resume, called for initial interview within 24 hours. Quite a lengthy interview for a screening type interview. Roughly 45 minutes, but a pleasant interview. I felt it was quite thorough and easy to talk to the interviewer.

Interview Question – Not so much a question, as a constant feeling that the interviewer was not sold on the job. It was apparent from the job posting that the job entails a commitment to ourbound calling to make the contacts for sales. I supposed they have people apply that do not grasp all that commitment entails, but I felt the interviewer herself felt it would not be an enjoyable job.   Answer Question

Guest Services Associate Interview

Guest Services Associate

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Interview Details Depends on your country, usually is held in the capital, in a hotel. Doesn't last long, around 20 mins with standard questions, e.g why you choose Carnival? what is your expereince? etc. The most exhausting part of the interview was a line where you have to wait for an hour or so. The interviewer was pretty pleasant.

Youth Counselor Interview

Youth Counselor

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Interview Details Interview was relaxed. Questions were about working with different age groups, different kids activities. Additional questions were about living onboard for long period of time without days off, and would I have difficulties sharing cabin with another person.

Interview Question – There was no unexpected questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Jakarta (Indonesia)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Interview Details Interview was so fast not more that 15 minutes, questions were so simple. nothing challenge. It was like conversation at a cafe with casual situation and no need to be nervous, ashame, or panic. just calm and prepare your self.

Interview Question – Nothing, they just asked about my last experience before. How long were you work at your employer before?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation at all

Stuard Interview

Stuard
Miami, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in February 2014.

Interview Details Same day interview. Average questions from most one on one interviews. Felt a little stressed about one on one but having a resume and going over it always helps. Was polite, attentive and smiling. Showing interest.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. All pretty basic.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in October 2012.

Interview Details Depends on the department. I had to get interviewed by 4 different people.

Interview Question – Asked for more information on certain line items of resume.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate.

Miramar, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in November 2012.

Interview Details Applied online, had a phone interview, went in and talked to 2 managers. I got a call 3 days later offering me the position

Interview Question – Wasn't a difficult interview. They want you to sell them something   Answer Question

Miami, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in May 2010.

Interview Details They brought you in as a group and assigned you to different vacation planners so you can see what it's like to work in that position-very good! Then brought each person in one by one to interview personally. Everything went great until the bad news for me- their schedule was fixed for new employees and could not be altered. I needed one night off a week, and they were very understanding but simply couldn't do it, which I understood.

Interview Question – Can you work nights?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – They wouldn't let me have off one evening that I needed a week...

Worked for Carnival Corporation? Contribute to the Community!