Carnival Corporation Interview Questions

2.4

Entertainment Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in March 2014.

I submitted my resume through a Canadian recruiter (cast-a-way), and was contacted for an initial skype interview about a month later. After that went well, I was invited to meet with the Carnival hiring team who happened to be hosting a group interview session in my city a couple weeks later.

It was a full day event, the morning started with an orientation about life on board and expectations, then we played games in front of the group to get a sense of our personalities and public speaking abilities, and finally we met one-on-one with Carnival representatives.

They asked us to bring with us a current resume, a copy of our passport, two letters of reference, background check, and any relevant degrees.

After I was told of my acceptance, I was required to complete a very thorough medical (physical, blood, urine) which cost me $500.

Once I was given the final go-ahead, someone from Carnival contacted me to help with onboarding.

Between submitting resume to first day on the job, six months.

Overall, the interview process was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • We were divided into groups and asked to come up with fake definitions to a word (a la Balderdash) and present them to the group.   Answer Question
    There's little room to negotiate. You start as an entry level employee and if you want to make a career of it, need to work your way up.

Camp Counsellor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Pretty easy, as long as you have a lot of experience with children then you're in!

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in September 2014.

Applied online September 5th. After completing online application link requested interview to be set up. Had first interview on Sept 9 via telephone with HR recruiter. Immediately set up for second interview via webcam for the following day with a Team Manager and then Hiring Manager. Received phone call Friday offering me the position and received link with all new hire documents.

Interview Questions
    • They want you to sell them a cruise via webcam. Point out the benefits. Other than that, pretty standard questions. Hiring manager was very thorough with job description and what is expected.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate. I was satisfied with the base salary and commission structure.

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Totally disappointed, Online interview process took two hours including training and a mock call center. The answers to the mock customer are not even anything that a Customer Service Rep would ever say to a customer. Without even talking to a live person I was "not the ideal candidate" What a waste of my time that I could have used to find other employment.

Interview Questions
    • Training for a Mock Customer Call Center was a waste of time.   Answer Question

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in August 2014.

Went to an open house at Carnival headquarters and was given a number. When my group of numbers was called about 10 of us went into a room and we were asked to stand up and introduce ourselves everyone. Every spoke for about one minute and at the end of the interview they asked us to step out of the room. Out of my group of 10, two were chosen. Unfortunately I was not chosen.

Guest Logistics Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in August 2014.

Called and told me what I'll be doing and how much the pay and if I was interested then told me to bring my ssc and I.d. I then went in for an interview and was offered the job and signed papers the same day

Interview Questions
    • What made you want to work for carnival cruise and tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    None $9.00 an hour no medical benefits but there is cruise benefits

Direct Sales Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

I paid for the training so that I could work for Carnival. The training was around $250.00. I completed the training and passed the class. I then went into customer service and trained over into direct sales.

Outbound Sales Representatives Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in July 2014.

There was an open house in which all of us watch a video that explains the job duties. After that you are called in groups of 10 and you have to introduce yourself and explain to two or three managers why you are the perfect fit. If you are one of the three selected, you will get an interview that same day.

Interview Questions
    • The only question was to explain why are you a perfect fit for the job   Answer Question

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Submitted resume, called for initial interview within 24 hours. Quite a lengthy interview for a screening type interview. Roughly 45 minutes, but a pleasant interview. I felt it was quite thorough and easy to talk to the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Not so much a question, as a constant feeling that the interviewer was not sold on the job. It was apparent from the job posting that the job entails a commitment to ourbound calling to make the contacts for sales. I supposed they have people apply that do not grasp all that commitment entails, but I felt the interviewer herself felt it would not be an enjoyable job.   Answer Question

Guest Services Associate Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Depends on your country, usually is held in the capital, in a hotel. Doesn't last long, around 20 mins with standard questions, e.g why you choose Carnival? what is your expereince? etc. The most exhausting part of the interview was a line where you have to wait for an hour or so. The interviewer was pretty pleasant.