Caribou Coffee Team Member Interview Questions

Updated 9 Oct, 2014

2.3

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Caribou Coffee.

You are to apply online. I suggest calling the store manager and stating you have applied and would love an interview. Once an interview is set up, it is usually a 1:1 interview with the store manager. If the manager likes you, he or she may request you interview with one of their shift leaders as well. If offered the job, you must submit to a background check that takes 1 whole week. Once that comes up clean, you are hired and begin training.

Interview Questions
  • How would you deal with a co worker who you saw give a free drink out?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Caribou Coffee

Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Caribou Coffee.

Applied online, got a call to do a job fair for all the stores in the area. Got offered the job. The interviewers were nice and the questions were funnier than hard. They're looking for personality in their baristas.

Interview Questions
    • If you could be any animal what would you be?   View Answer

Team Member Interview

I applied for the job online through the Caribou website after I saw a job opening. I was called for an interview and went in the next day. I interviewed at the store and was hired on the spot by the manager.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do with an unruly customer?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Caribou Coffee in March 2014.

I applied for the job and got a call 1 week later from the manager, saying she was really excited to set up an interview with me. We set up an interview, and it was such a smooth process! Our interview lasted about 15 minutes long. Overall it was a very casual interview - both of us were wearing jeans and my interviewer was wearing a sweatshirt - and before we got to the actual interview, we both had a casual conversation about ourselves which was a real icebreaker. Halfway through the interview, the interviewer asked me my availability and if I would be fine with $8.25 an hour, and she hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    What is your schedule like, and are you okay with a starting pay of $8.25 an hour plus tips? Very easy negotiation.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Crosse, WI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Crosse, WI (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Caribou Coffee in January 2014.

I Applied and I was called back less than a week later and then a second interview was scheduled a few days afterwards. The whole process took less than 10 days.

Interview Questions
    • They asked some pretty silly questions like if you were a superhero who would you be and why? How do you eat your oreo cookie? If you were an animal what would you be and why? There were some serious questions too , pretty standard stuff like why do you want to work hear and what does customer service mean to you?. Pretty laid back and easy interview.   View Answer
    Flat $8 an hour , no negotiation.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chaska, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chaska, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Caribou Coffee in October 2013.

I applied online on October 25th. I was called on October 26th about an Interview. She told me to come in at 3:30pm. I came in, all dressed up and ready for the interview. She still had another interviewee and I waited. I was offered a drink but I declined due to nervousness. But please, accept the offer and tell them how much you like it if it is brought up. She told me about herself and how she got there before asking the questions. She ended up skipping over almost all of them, the interview last 11 minutes. But make sure you dress up for the interview. Most everyone I saw was in jeans/yoga pants and a sweatshirt.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a Caribou Coffee drink, what would you be?   View Answer
    • What was a recent difficult situation you were put through?   View Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Caribou Coffee in October 2013.

It was a pretty long process. It started off with a phone call a couple of days after I sent in my application online. We set up an interview for a few days later. When I got to my interview, the store manager interviewed me first. It was a pretty casual session of questioning. This lasted about 30 minutes. Then, one of the shift supervisors interviewed me. She was on the newer side, so she was pretty slow with her questions. It seemed like a very low pressure situation. They offered me a free drink at the end and then I was on my way. I received a phone call from them a few days later where the manager informed me that I was offered the job. The rest of the process before my training was all done online through their website.

Interview Questions
    • They are very interested in having members there with "unique personalities". There were a few questions about what type of animal you would be and how you eat your oreo cookies. These were very unexpected for me.   Answer Question
    No negotiations for a part-time team member job.

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Caribou Coffee.

I got a phone call for an interview the same day that I applied. If there is an opening at the location you apply for they will call you for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you how you eat an oreo. Not a hard question but just unexpected!   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a higher hourly rate by 25 cents more than they offered me!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Caribou Coffee in April 2013.

You submit online, whole process takes about 2 weeks or so. At my particular location the manager who is awesome has a hard time getting people to apply which doesn't make much sense to me because its a great part time job.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MN (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Caribou Coffee in November 2012.

I applied online,the online application took about an hour due to the timed questionnaire. About a week later I made a follow up call and was referred to the manager. She then set up an interview time with me(it was very informal). She asked me why I wanted to work at Caribou Coffee, what skills I possessed that would qualify me for the position. Then she asked me questions suited to gauging a persons divergent thinking with regards to their creativity.

Interview Questions
    Not much room for negotiation