Cargill

143 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Manager Interview

Calgary, AB

The process took a day - interviewed at Cargill in September 2011.

Interview Details I was e-mailed by Cargill and I had to fill out a questionaire online. It was about 45 minutes long. The questions were mostly about managing people and teamwork. Things like what makes the best team? How often should people get praised? It was all multiple choice.

I recieved a second e-mail requesting a phone screening. It was more like a phone interview. The woman said she would call at 9:00am my time, but she called an hour early. She asked me questions about my last job.

Interview Questions

• What are your career aspirations?
    What would you find challenging about this position?
      Answer Question
  • Give an example of a time you solved a problem.
    Are you willing to relocate? (she asked a lot about where I would be willing to move)
      Answer Question
  • If I talked to your last manager what would he/she say your strengths were? Weaknesses?   Answer Question
  • What do you think you would bring to this position?
    Are you legally aloud to work in Canada?
      Answer Question
  • What is your background in agriculture? Did you grow up on a farm?
    What are your salary expectations?
      View Answer

Accounting Technician Interview

Accounting Technician
Winnipeg, MB

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cargill in December 2008.

Interview Details It was a somewhat long process, 3 interviews in total, and a background check.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you solved a difficult situation, etc. Behavioural based questions.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Hopkins, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details I applied for a position I found on Indeed and within a week or two was contacted for a phone interview. I had a 30 minute phone interview with HR -- very basic HR phone interview. After that, I interviewed in person with a team of about 6 managers. I had four 45 minute interviews with either 1-2 people at a time. Most of the interviewers were very laid back and not intimating. There was one person that asked me several behavioral based questions. Within two days of interviewing, they made me an offer.

Interview Question – When was a time you put yourself in a challenging or uncomfortable situation for your own personal development?   Answer Question

Quality Management Chemist Interview

Dayton, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Cargill in October 2011.

Interview Details I applied for the position in fall of my senior year of college after speaking with a recruiter at a job fair. I had an hour long onsite interview with two representatives from the quality department that was almost entirely behavioral based questions. I then was asked to attend an onsite interview event. The event was held in October at a hotel local to a plant and spanned 2 days. At this event, there were at least two dozen other candidates. We networked with several Cargill employees over meals, information sessions, and a tour of the site. There were two hour-long interviews with Cargill employees at the end of the event. A few weeks later, I received an offer but was not given a location. I provided my top three choices and had to accept the position on good faith. For university recruiting for this position, in my case, at least, you are not told which plant you will work at until the spring. I found out in March where I would be moving that May to begin working. The drug test could not be administered until after the location was given, so this came ~four months after the job was accepted.

Interview Question – This is a technical question asked of food science students: Tell me about the most technical or complex piece of equipment you have used and how you would operate it.   View Answer

Sales Manager Interview

São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details Quick process but very dependent of the action of the manager, the corporate HR has greater involvement in the proportion of opening given by the leader of the business unit, so, leadership change, processes change. Internal contact, even without proximity, help to enter the process, selection depends less of networking than other companies of similar size, but is also key

Interview Question – About change and interaction. The greatest difficulty of Cia is to overcome the lack or inefficiency of processes in many areas and the feeling present in many people that changes are needed. There are many people at Cargill in Brazil does not yet realize that efficiency is increasingly important, more than the home time, including some interviewers   View Answer

Commercial Trainee Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Cargill in November 2013.

Interview Details Telephone interview: behavior questions
Group activity: discuss in a group of around 10 over a non-technical topic
Assessment day: trading game + final interview

Interview Question – How do you compare yourself to other candidates?   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details Was a very bizarre experience. Submitted resume and received call back. Then had to go online and submit a ridiculous arduous online application on buggy website. Phone interview with HR. In person interview with hiring supervisor. HR froze the position for weeks then out of the blue called back to make an offer. Wish I would have never taken the position as less than one year into Cargill is outsource all of it's IT infrastructure to India...

Interview Question – If your trained in the position you're applying for nothing was difficult or unexpected. Standard questions for IT Analyst   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Increase pay by asking for offer closer to initial salary requirement question... Cargill tried to low ball me in my first offer.

Senior IT Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details phone screen, website application, 3 interviews

Interview Question – most interview questions are straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – straight forward, limited options

Production Supervisor Interview

Production Supervisor
Memphis, TN (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details Very professional and smooth.

Interview Question – How long will be with the company.   Answer Question

Commercial Trainee Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cargill in September 2013.

Interview Details Was a couple of rounds:

1.) Phone interview: standard asking of situational questions

2.) Group Assessment: a group of 10 come together to discuss and present an issue

3.) Trading Game: People were sorted into groups of 2 and had to negotiate a deal; monitored throughout

4.) Final interview with a panel of 3: lasted half an hour, was a speedy round where it was more fit than technical.

Interview Question – how do you establish trust   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cargill

Worked for Cargill? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cargill interview questions and advice. All 143 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Cargill employees and interview candidates.