Cargill Interview Questions

Updated 26 Sep, 2014

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied online - interviewed at Cargill in February 2014.

email questions, then 45 minute phone interview, followed by a 2 hour 6 person panel interview. Applied in November, didn't hear until january, then the 3 rounds of interviews took around a month to complete.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

The process took a day - interviewed at Cargill in September 2011.

I was e-mailed by Cargill and I had to fill out a questionaire online. It was about 45 minutes long. The questions were mostly about managing people and teamwork. Things like what makes the best team? How often should people get praised? It was all multiple choice.

I recieved a second e-mail requesting a phone screening. It was more like a phone interview. The woman said she would call at 9:00am my time, but she called an hour early. She asked me questions about my last job.

Interview Questions
    • What are your career aspirations?
      What would you find challenging about this position?
        Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you solved a problem.
      Are you willing to relocate? (she asked a lot about where I would be willing to move)
        Answer Question
    • If I talked to your last manager what would he/she say your strengths were? Weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What do you think you would bring to this position?
      Are you legally aloud to work in Canada?
        Answer Question
    • What is your background in agriculture? Did you grow up on a farm?
      What are your salary expectations?
        View Answer

Accounting Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Winnipeg, MB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cargill in December 2008.

It was a somewhat long process, 3 interviews in total, and a background check.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you solved a difficult situation, etc. Behavioural based questions.   Answer Question

Technical Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Cargill.

Online application form, followed by a 30 minute phone interview asking general questions like: 1. what do you know about the company and the job applied for? 2. Situations in which you worked as a team, how did you deal with difficult team members? 3. a challenging situation, and what you learnt from it?

Interview Questions
    • how did you counter the problem of dealing with the difficult team member? Found it difficult to answer mainly because of the ambiguous nature of the question and the answer would be a matter of perspective   Answer Question

Archive Processor Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Cargill.

I first talked with someone from the HR department. She was very friendly and didn't have many questions, just conducted an initial screening to make sure I was a mostly normal person. For the in-person interview, I met with two staff members. They spent time showing me around, explaining lots about the company. The interview itself was a more casual conversation than tough questioning. Overall, very nice and accommodating people.

Data Entry Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cargill in September 2014.

I was contacted about 2 weeks after the online application. A face to face interview was set for a week later. My interview went really well and I received a call about an hour later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty simple behavioral questions. It was actually quite conversational and enjoyable. No really difficult of unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    I didn't realize the position was entry level, so the offer was much lower than I expected. They agreed to up the offer slightly, but negotiating is very limited and based on your desirability.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cargill.

Recruiters on campus and interviews also conducted on campus. Less than a week process for the interview portion and heard offer information in less than 2 weeks. Very willing to answer questions and offer plenty of opportunities to learn more about the company before applying.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult teammate and how you overcame that.   View Answer
    No option to negotiate

Commodity Merchant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cargill.

Received an initial phone interview that lasted 45 minutes, general questions regarding prior work experience, some scenarios, and questions about personality. Had an on site interview that lasted almost 2 hours with 4 different people. Same general questions as phone interview plus questions that the interviewers were given to ask - like a script. Followed up the on site interview with a 4 hour job shadow.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me your most difficult work situation, the negative criticism you received, and how you reacted.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Cargill.

You are recruited. It definately pays to know someone in Recruitment and/or a Hiring Manager. This a private company and if you don't know anyone work on getting an internship or get on linkedin see what you may have in common with somene professionaly like creditianals or organization wise.

It was an internship.

Retail Account Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Cargill in August 2014.

Completed three phone interviews over the course of four weeks. The first two were very positive experiences. However, I could tell that the third interviewer had his mind made up to begin with. I'm not sure what documents were provided to him, but he asked about me living in Huntsville, Alabama. I've never even been to Huntsville, so I immediately had a bad feeling from there. The coordination process through the recruiters was a little tedious, but organized. The recruiters were wonderful about working with my schedule, as I was out of the country when they attempted to schedule my second interview. Also, I did not want to be disrespectful or neglect my current employer, so they allowed me to schedule the interviews at times that were appropriate.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me one thing you have learned in the past year and how you have applied that."   Answer Question

Worked for Cargill? Contribute to the Community!