Cargill

Updated 18 Nov, 2014
Updated 18 Nov, 2014

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied online – interviewed at Cargill in February 2014.

email questions, then 45 minute phone interview, followed by a 2 hour 6 person panel interview. Applied in November, didn't hear until january, then the 3 rounds of interviews took around a month to complete.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cargill in September 2011.

I was e-mailed by Cargill and I had to fill out a questionaire online. It was about 45 minutes long. The questions were mostly about managing people and teamwork. Things like what makes the best team? How often should people get praised? It was all multiple choice.

I recieved a second e-mail requesting a phone screening. It was more like a phone interview. The woman said she would call at 9:00am my time, but she called an hour early. She asked me questions about my last job.

Interview Questions
    • What are your career aspirations?
      What would you find challenging about this position?
        Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you solved a problem.
      Are you willing to relocate? (she asked a lot about where I would be willing to move)
        Answer Question
    • If I talked to your last manager what would he/she say your strengths were? Weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What do you think you would bring to this position?
      Are you legally aloud to work in Canada?
        Answer Question
    • What is your background in agriculture? Did you grow up on a farm?
      What are your salary expectations?
        View Answer

Accounting Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cargill in December 2008.

It was a somewhat long process, 3 interviews in total, and a background check.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you solved a difficult situation, etc. Behavioural based questions.   Answer Question

Sales Agronomist Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Overall a fair interview. The questions were mainly about the resume and behavioral based. The behavioral based questions were not overly difficult and seemed fair to me. They also asked about what I wanted which is important to me.

Commercial Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

I applied online for OCR and got the first interview on campus late September. it was a general résumé based interview for 30min with two senior people from the company. Very nice casual interview environment.Got called for office visit cargill Talent day after one day.
    The office visit was three 45 minute interviews. All the interviews were mostly behavioral and everyone was very cordial. A week after I got the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when your listening skills helped you take the right decision.
      Tell me about a time when you had to change your way of thinking/ process middle way and what was the outcome.

Quality Management Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cargill.

I talked to them as a senior at a Fall career fair. I had an interview the next day on campus. They asked mostly behavioral questions and then three questions related to my major. My interviewers were very friendly and talkative. They liked when I asked them questions.

Interview Questions
    • Questions for food science majors: describe water activity, pH, and browning.   Answer Question
    I moved on to the second interview.

Quality Management Chemist Interview

I had an on campus interview after a career fair, and then got called in for a second interview in Omaha, NE. The on campus interview was great and very relaxed. I joked around with the interviewers, and even offered possible suggestions to better the company. The second interview was a two day experience. Day 1 was a tour of the facility, and day two was interviews from 730AM till noon.

Interview Questions
    • Fully describe pH and what we use it for?
      What is chromatography?

Year Long Placement Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cargill.

Applied through website and heard back within two weeks. I was asked to attend a face to face interview at University of Manchester, and it's a 2-1 interview, all competency questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why Chemical engineering?
      Tell me about a time that you are fleXible.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Applied online through university career website, contacted me within a week and set up an interview on campus. The interview was set up as panel but it resulted in one person talking while the other two employees sat there and looked at me. It was uncomfortable to say the least.

Communications Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cargill.

I applied for the position at a jobs and internships fair where I met my hiring manager. I was called in for an in-person interview within a week. A month later, I heard from them again, and was asked to provide a writing and editorial sample.