Cargill

Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Calgary, AB

I applied online - interviewed at Cargill in February 2014.

Interview Details email questions, then 45 minute phone interview, followed by a 2 hour 6 person panel interview. Applied in November, didn't hear until january, then the 3 rounds of interviews took around a month to complete.

Interview Question – How do you build trust.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Calgary, AB

The process took a day - interviewed at Cargill in September 2011.

Interview Details I was e-mailed by Cargill and I had to fill out a questionaire online. It was about 45 minutes long. The questions were mostly about managing people and teamwork. Things like what makes the best team? How often should people get praised? It was all multiple choice.

I recieved a second e-mail requesting a phone screening. It was more like a phone interview. The woman said she would call at 9:00am my time, but she called an hour early. She asked me questions about my last job.

Interview Questions

• What are your career aspirations?
    What would you find challenging about this position?
      Answer Question
  • Give an example of a time you solved a problem.
    Are you willing to relocate? (she asked a lot about where I would be willing to move)
      Answer Question
  • If I talked to your last manager what would he/she say your strengths were? Weaknesses?   Answer Question
  • What do you think you would bring to this position?
    Are you legally aloud to work in Canada?
      Answer Question
  • What is your background in agriculture? Did you grow up on a farm?
    What are your salary expectations?
      View Answer

Accounting Technician Interview

Accounting Technician
Winnipeg, MB

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cargill in December 2008.

Interview Details It was a somewhat long process, 3 interviews in total, and a background check.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you solved a difficult situation, etc. Behavioural based questions.   Answer Question

Commodity Trader Interview

Commodity Trader
Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details Talent management group were not official employees of Cargill, which seemed rather odd to have contract employees doing this function but nevertheless interviews eventually brought direct communication with real employees. Questions focused a lot on cultural fit, especially team compatibility, and then separately individual strengths. They clearly focused also on prior salary levels and had some rather strict rules to keep job offers within a tight range around the prior salaries.

Interview Question – Asking how I would deal with managers who were quite hands-on to the point of micromanagement of the responsibilities in the job I was applying for.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was nearly zero negotiation possible.

Electrician Interview

Electrician

I applied online and interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details Got a call to interview. Went in and spoke to the electrical supervisor and head of maintenance. Was asked some basic electrical questions and my troubleshooting experiences. Head of maintenance hand drew a schematic and asked questions about it.

Very Easy Interview

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Hopkins, MN (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details Questions asked by management were not tricky or hard. They were very easy and anyone who could graduate from high school would be able to answer them with success.

Interview Question – None like I said above nothing difficult about questions.   Answer Question

Service & Purchasing, Senior Analyst Interview

Service & Purchasing, Senior Analyst
Hopkins, MN (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cargill in June 2012.

Interview Details Extensive, detailed, structured. Had 5 intervidews, 2 were with HR. The other 3 all used the same interview form which held various groups of questions. Some were asked in more than one interview and others were new each time.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement with a manager or co-worker and how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Short, received all I asked for on first round.

Senior Scientist Interview

Senior Scientist

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Cargill in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied on their website for a job they had posted online. It took about 2 months to hear back from them. After they contacted me, the process moved very quickly. I had a phone interview with the recruiter followed by a technical phone interview with the hiring manager a sew days later. They immediately set up on on-site interview which was about 4 hours long. Everyone was very kind and helpful through the whole thing. It was fairly laid back while also being professional. I received an offer the next week.

Interview Question – Do you think honesty is important? Why or why not?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me more than I had listed for my salary requirements and the benefits, paid time off, etc. were all very generous, so I did not negotiate.

Financial Management Trainee Interview

Financial Management Trainee

Interviewed at Cargill

Interview Details I applied through an HR agency. The first step was a GMAT style testing. Upon the successful completion of this stage, I participated in an assessment center, along with 9 other candidates. The next step was an interview with the Finance controller and one of the top managers of the company. I stopped at this stage, but I understand that there would have been another interview with the CEO and CFO.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions, they put a lot of accent on motivation and desire to work within the company.   Answer Question

Senior IT Technical Analyst Interview

Senior IT Technical Analyst
Hopkins, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cargill in January 2013.

Interview Details I applied online on a Tuesday and was contacted next day for an interview on Thursday. I was presented with an offer by end of day the following Monday.

Interview Question – There were some difficult technical questions related to my field   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was easy for me, they made a fair initial offer, I asked for additional paid vacation and they accepted.

Worked for Cargill? Contribute to the Community!