Cargill

Updated 25 Feb, 2015
Updated 25 Feb, 2015

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

I applied online – interviewed at Cargill in February 2014.

email questions, then 45 minute phone interview, followed by a 2 hour 6 person panel interview. Applied in November, didn't hear until january, then the 3 rounds of interviews took around a month to complete.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cargill in September 2011.

I was e-mailed by Cargill and I had to fill out a questionaire online. It was about 45 minutes long. The questions were mostly about managing people and teamwork. Things like what makes the best team? How often should people get praised? It was all multiple choice.

I recieved a second e-mail requesting a phone screening. It was more like a phone interview. The woman said she would call at 9:00am my time, but she called an hour early. She asked me questions about my last job.

Interview Questions
    • What are your career aspirations?
      What would you find challenging about this position?

Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you solved a problem.
      Are you willing to relocate? (she asked a lot about where I would be willing to move)

Answer Question
    • If I talked to your last manager what would he/she say your strengths were? Weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What do you think you would bring to this position?
      Are you legally aloud to work in Canada?

Answer Question
    • What is your background in agriculture? Did you grow up on a farm?
      What are your salary expectations?

View Answer

Accounting Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cargill in December 2008.

It was a somewhat long process, 3 interviews in total, and a background check.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you solved a difficult situation, etc. Behavioural based questions.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cargill in January 2008.

was a long interview process. consisted to 3-4 steps. Excel test by recruiter to check on the microsoft office level. One on one interview and the final step was the panel interview. Final interview consisted to 5 30 min interviews.

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

The interview started with a lunch and a large group of people from different roles. Next there was an hour long behavioral interview session asking the standard questions. Last was a case study where I had to act as project manager on an upcoming project and go through how I would approach the problem and what the major constraints would be.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker or classmate.   Answer Question

Feed Store Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Took a couple weeks to get contacted for a phone interview.

Phone interview was simple, basic interview questions. When I finished with the initial interview, I had high hopes, but never received a call back or any type of notification from Cargill.

Strategic Account Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Cargill.

panel interviews, sometimes with two or three panels. If prepared, interview process could be good, however, interviewers were not always relevant to the position (not the hiring manager or area of company) Not full understanding by interviewers of role.

good

Production Supervisor Interview

Culture was great and there were 3 rounds of interviews with 2 people each time. General behavioral type questions. There was a plant tour and then a powerpoint and then the interviews. There are waiting periods in between interviews where you get to talk to other "stockholders" to ask questions.

Contract Desk Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Fairly easy; speaking Spanish is a must. I had several rounds with HR and the hiring manager. One of the interviews was in Spanish the entire time. The company is very fair and has very good benefits. They do provide employees with a good work life balance and they seem like they care. It's definitely a great company to work for!!

Interview Questions
    • It was pretty run of the mill though it took a few rounds   Answer Question

Food Safety, Quality, and Regulatory Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cargill in January 2015.

I applied through my school career fair and was offered an interview the very next morning. I actually did not hear back from them for a while. I got an email a few weeks later, I received an email saying that the plant that I applied for is full, but my application is still being considered if they could find an opening. Having been interviewed so many times and been told the same thing, I did not have any hope that was going to happen. As I was about to cross Cargill off my calendar. However, 2 weeks later, a recruiter from another plant emailed me and said they want me to come to the plant for a 2nd interview. I was so excited and they even paid for all my traveling expenses.

The 2nd interview was fairly long. I got there at 8:30AM. They gave me a short plant tour (around an hour). There were 5 people interviewed me (an hour each person), ranging from superintendent to HR manager and QA manager. I left the plant at 3:00PM.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly typical interview questions. Like just look up 50 most asked questions and probably half of the questions are on there. The most frequent question was why do you want to work for Cargill, so make sure you know why.   View Answer
    The salary was fixed, no negotiation here