Cargill

Updated 18 Jan, 2015
Updated 18 Jan, 2015

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied online – interviewed at Cargill in February 2014.

email questions, then 45 minute phone interview, followed by a 2 hour 6 person panel interview. Applied in November, didn't hear until january, then the 3 rounds of interviews took around a month to complete.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cargill in September 2011.

I was e-mailed by Cargill and I had to fill out a questionaire online. It was about 45 minutes long. The questions were mostly about managing people and teamwork. Things like what makes the best team? How often should people get praised? It was all multiple choice.

I recieved a second e-mail requesting a phone screening. It was more like a phone interview. The woman said she would call at 9:00am my time, but she called an hour early. She asked me questions about my last job.

Interview Questions
    • What are your career aspirations?
      What would you find challenging about this position?

Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you solved a problem.
      Are you willing to relocate? (she asked a lot about where I would be willing to move)

Answer Question
    • If I talked to your last manager what would he/she say your strengths were? Weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What do you think you would bring to this position?
      Are you legally aloud to work in Canada?

Answer Question
    • What is your background in agriculture? Did you grow up on a farm?
      What are your salary expectations?

View Answer

Accounting Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cargill in December 2008.

It was a somewhat long process, 3 interviews in total, and a background check.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you solved a difficult situation, etc. Behavioural based questions.   Answer Question

Strategic Account Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Cargill.

panel interviews, sometimes with two or three panels. If prepared, interview process could be good, however, interviewers were not always relevant to the position (not the hiring manager or area of company) Not full understanding by interviewers of role.

good

Production Supervisor Interview

Culture was great and there were 3 rounds of interviews with 2 people each time. General behavioral type questions. There was a plant tour and then a powerpoint and then the interviews. There are waiting periods in between interviews where you get to talk to other "stockholders" to ask questions.

Contract Desk Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Fairly easy; speaking Spanish is a must. I had several rounds with HR and the hiring manager. One of the interviews was in Spanish the entire time. The company is very fair and has very good benefits. They do provide employees with a good work life balance and they seem like they care. It's definitely a great company to work for!!

Interview Questions
    • It was pretty run of the mill though it took a few rounds   Answer Question

Production Management Engineer Co-Op Interview

I first saw Cargill at a career fair held at my school. To be honest I didn't even know what Cargill was at first but I went up to the booth anyway. I handed them my resume, did my elevator speech (30 seconds of rounding up your accomplishments and goals), and was offered an interview the following morning. Surprised I accepted and the next morning went to the interview.

The interview was comprised of two separate interviews. The first one I met with one person and went through basic information, i.e. my grade, GPA, year I will graduate, and some classes I have already taken. After that I was sent to the next interview of 2 or 3 other people to dive deeper into my interest in Cargill. They asked why I wanted to work there, what is my 5 year plan, and other questions to figure out my roles in groups or what I would do if I was in a leadership role. I was sure my interview didn't go well, but I still asked when I should here back from them. After about a week or two I received a call from HR saying I got the job! Therefore I hope you don't have a heart attack like I did and that this experience helps you for your future endeavors :)

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question from this interview was "Describe a time you made a quick decision and explain the outcomes of that decision". My mind went blank! I have never been asked that before, and I am the type of person to rarely make a decision without thinking of the pros/cons and possible consequences. To buy some time I made a joke but I still was at a loss for words. I said something really stupid about going to visit home at the last minute. My advice is come up with a solid answer and you will impress them immensely.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cargill.

Very slow interview process and status/follow up may not be provided. Seemed to be an environment in which it was like an extraordinary kind of sitatuation to be having an interview with the company, the company didn't seem progressive at all but instead slow and homogenous and more than okay with it

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you failed at something and what you did to overcome it.   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Applied online with CV and cover letter. Short phone interview and then assessment centre. Interview questions all competency based. Assessment centre consisted of interview, presentation, group task and ability testing.

Operations Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tula, Hidalgo (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tula, Hidalgo (Mexico)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Hiring process was around 5-6 filters. CV screening, short phone interview, essays through the whole process, interview with HR recruiter, interview with HR director and finally an assessment center where we had to do individual and group cases.
    Had to face some behavioral questions through the first interviews, and the typically; Why Cargill? Why Operations Trainee? How do you see yourself in 5 years?
    The overall experience was excellent and the process ran smooth.
    Would recommend this company.