Capgemini Interview Questions in United States

Updated 15 Apr, 2015
Updated 15 Apr, 2015

2.9

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

7 interviews no avail: HR(1) /Tech (2) /Mgmt (2) /Sr. Mgmt (2)

Lacked professionalism in conducting interview. Lacked internal co-ordination between HR and Delivery team. Interviewers saying opposite things during Q&A, were red-flags. None of them said anything good about working at Capgemini or its culture. For a direct question: I got a response that there are many projects and lots of work. They are only focused on staffing the project not on employee, appeared to be more of a staff aug. type. Submitted to end-client without permission before finalizing offer and someone from client location reached me back. People do not matter. Hope they notice and correct.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewed on-site at South SF office for entry-level consulting role in General Practice. Behavioral and case interview over a period of about 2 hours total. I was told I would interview with a manager and a VP at the firm. I arrived about ten minutes early, but was made to wait longer than usual. I never ended up interviewing with either of the two people mentioned.

Instead, a different first interviewer came about ten minutes late, and curtly directed me to follow him. He put the case interview on me first, which was not the order I expected. Case wasn't too bad and the interviewer was reasonably responsive during the process, although he played with his smartphone in plain sight while I was working on computations, and could act cold at times during the interview. Was not very friendly.

They then put me back in the lobby. I could clearly see the woman VP I was supposed to interview with, but they shifted me to another VP in the company. The other VP made me wait about 20 minutes in the lobby before the next (behavioral) interview. He initially started off nice and friendly, but quickly became condescending and commanding. There was no structure for the interview. He seemed to instead try picking up on various parts of whatever we were talking about and would become combative and insult me. He also asked me where I was from at the start of the interview, even though that's against the law.

I started talking about a research project I was doing, and he asked me to explain it. He became extremely cocky and aggressive. He started vehemently attacking parts of my project, even insulting me as ignorant. He commanded me to give a presentation in front of him about my project by drawing slides on his white board. He would frequently cut me off and tell me I had only a few seconds left. He commanded me to tell him what the most major flaw in my project was. He kept telling me my answers were wrong before asserting that something else was my project's fatal flaw, as if he was speaking down to a child.

He proceeded to ask me about a recent news event and my thoughts on it. Whenever I brought up a viewpoint and backed it up, he kept cutting me off and told me I was wrong, wrong, wrong. He cut me off multiple times before I stated I would stick with my answer/opinion on the news event.

He then gave me a brainteaser and I started to work through it on his whiteboard. As I was doing so, he started to interrupt me and mock me for not knowing the correct number for the population of SF. He asked "Don't you read those signs on the Golden Gate or Bay Bridge while you are driving?" Since he seemed to know, I asked him to offer what the correct population number for SF was. He refused to do so. After finishing he further mocked me and asked how I could be a PS major or be from California, and not know the exact population of SF. He asked "You call yourself a political science major and don't even know the population of San Francisco? Do you not even care?" I stayed silent, but he kept egging me on, saying "No, really, do you not really care?" I said "No, I..." before he cut me off and said "Oh, so you don't care?!" I said that no, that wasn't it, that I simply did not have the number of SF population at that time.

After this dressing down, he concluded the interview. Overall, a very, very rude and denigrating experience, and from a VP with over ten years experience with the firm who was very abusive to a college student interviewing at his firm.

Interview Questions

• Are you the type of person who just makes assumptions without even thinking?

Answer Question

Staff Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

Fairly straight forward. The first interview was done on campus. Then they ask you to come to their office and present how you would consult using a case study. You then meet with several interviewers and talk through your decision making process for the case study as well as answer general behavioral interview questions (i.e. Why would you want to do consulting?).

Interview Questions

• Why would you be good at consulting?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call to interview the next day. Proceeded to second and third round. Got a call to go on a project in the Fall was told I had an offer-- never got a hard copy of my offer instead got an email 3 weeks later that they were looking at other candidates.

Staff Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capgemini (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

First round Interview was on campus and a 30-minute behavioral interview. Pretty basic behavioral questions, interviewer was very straight-faced and difficult to read. Went over by 20 minutes but interviewer gave no indication of her emotions and overall thought interview was just okay. A little uncomfortable at first, but questions were not difficult to answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in your life when you did everything right but still did not get the result that you wanted.   Answer Question

Staff Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

The interview process was two rounds. The first was on campus and last 30-60 minutes. All of the questions were bahvioral and asked by one person. The second was on-site and involved four separate employees. The first three were behavioral and getting to know you. The last one was a case study to see how you would hadle a certain situation.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral, trying to see if you are a fit culturally   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capgemini (Atlanta, GA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 H1b's from India in director positions within the company. 2 interviews, one was a case/technical interview that mostly had to do with the system development life cycle and the other was part behavioral and mostly resume talk. The interview started about an hour late but was done in an hour so i barely made it to my flight home. The case interview was SDLC and programming concepts and the second was why you wanted to work, convince them to do a hobby you do and talk about your resume. The interview was relevant and entertaining but sad to see the company exploits cheap labor for leadership positions from India and college students for lower positions. I am glad at-least they paid for my airplane and pay for food and taxi as well unlike sogeti.

Interview Questions

• 1. How would you explain the System Development Life Cycle approach in general and what are the difference phases.
      2.why is following the SDLC important?
      3.What is involved with each phase of SDLC?

Answer Question

Staff Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

two round first is telephone interview, ask about behavior questions. second round has two parts one is behavior question and the other is case study. make sure you know everything about your resume and has a clear career goal

B&ITT Consultant Position Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capgemini (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Short ten minute phone interview. HR just wants to screen resume and personal information and check the correctness. By the way, their screening is pretty fast. Ask about the percentage of willingness to travel and visa status.

Interview Questions

• Ask about visa status and the percentage of willingness to travel   Answer Question

Entry Level Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Capgemini in February 2015.

Interview

First interview was over the phone and was behavioral. Took awhile to hear back but called a couple weeks later that they wanted to schedule another interview. After not hearing from them to schedule an interview after a couple weeks, I emailed them. No response since. Been over two months, and still nothing.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you had to motivate another employee   Answer Question