Capgemini Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr, 2015

2.9

Staff Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capgemini (Toronto, ON) in March 2015.

Interview

have one round interview , one hour case study and half an hour marketing management case study , suprisely the interview question is from school class . go to your class and you can be good

Interview Questions

it is difficult and the question is not that clear , so i can not get a clear idea what is going on , and I actually understand the question

Staff Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capgemini (Toronto, ON) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied to Capgemini in March 2015 after a job posting was being circulated about the staff consultant position.

I was invited for the first round of interviews which consisted of a 1 hour case interview and a 30 minute behavioral interview. The people that greeted me when I first stepped into the Toronto office were all extremely friendly and easy to talk to. The 1 hour case study involved two interviewers. I was provided with a single double sided page with information on a company, issues they have had in the past with the technology they were employing, and objectives. The case was very much interviewer led and followed a set structure where the interviewers asked me to tackle each objective one by one. I felt that the case was a lot easier in comparison to the cases I had been preparing with, which were mostly interviewee led as opposed to interviewer led.

The behavioral interview was fairly standard. No unexpected questions. Tell me about yourself? Name a time you failed at something and how you turned it around. Why Capgemini (they will always ask this)? Make sure you do your research and Capgemini and always mention the PEOPLE when answering this question!

I was invited back for final rounds with Capgemini which occurred over two days. The first day was a 5 hour long ordeal. We spent the first 30 minutes - 1 hour meeting fellow candidates and senior consultants alike. We were then split up into groups of 3-4 and given 90 minutes to work through a case and present our findings to a panel of senior managers. We were given five physical slides to write on with marker for our final presentation. This was actually quite stressful because there were many Capgemini consultants watching over us throughout the whole process to see how we interact in teams. 90 minutes is not a lot of time and our team essentially scrambled in the last 5 minutes to prepare our slides for the presentation. Presentations were about 10 minutes long with an additional 15 minutes of questions from each of the managers. Dinner was served at this event and after each group had presented, the managers provided feedback on our performance and advice for the future when giving presentations (i.e. always introduce yourself and your role before speaking, do not move around when not speaking, etc.).

The second day consisted of three 30-minute interviews with HR, and two senior managers in the service line you are applying for (I have an engineering background so I was automatically considered for their CSD line, whereas business students would be considered for their IDS line). All three interviews were scheduled for 30 minutes but ended up lasting upwards of 45 minutes. They ask several standard behavioral questions and also ask questions specifically on how we thought the group case/presentation went the previous day. In particular, they asked about what did or didn't work well in our teams and could we have improved on.They ask a lot about your past job experiences so that they can figure out where you would fit in best in the company.

Overall, the process was quite enjoyable and the people I met were all very lovely. I have received an offer that I will soon be accepting and I look forward to working at Capgemini. The group case was a bit stressful for me because I had never done anything similar to it coming from an Engineering background. However, it was a new experience that I learned a lot from. The culture at Capgemini does not seem to be as cutthroat as many other consultancies and there seems to be more potential for good work-life balance here.

Interview Questions

• You begin working on a case with a client in an industry that your boss is an expert in. You have a meeting coming up tomorrow with the client but your boss drops out last minute due to an emergency. You know next to nothing about the industry or the case. What do you do?   4 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

Quantitative and Verbal Reasoning Test followed by Personal Interview followed by Group Discussion
    Selected candidates were filtered at each round as in above order
    The result was announced the same day.
    Around 30 out of 200 students were selected for the position. All in their penultimate semester of B.Tech.

Interview Questions

I had to pursue with studies

Undisclosed Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Capgemini (Toronto, ON).

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview and given a questionnaire that I spent an hour of my precious time completing. I think my salary expectation was beyond what they could offer and the HR there didn't respond even after I followed up via email.

Very bad taste in my mouth right now. Apparently this HR person eats you up and chews you out if they have no use for you.

Not recommended.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

The hiring process starts with submitting your resume. After that when accepted you will get a phone call in which capgemini expresses their interest in you, nothing special. This phone call will be followed by a formal letter in which they express their interest in you. This letter also contains an invite for an interview. The interview is pretty standard. They asks you about your work history, what your ambitions are and why you think you are the right person for the job. When this interview is going well they will immediately inform you that they want to proceed to the next stage of the hiring process. The final stage of the hiring procedure is a skill assessment and psychological review.

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

3 to 4 interviews including HR interview. offer takes long time

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

3 rounds interview, one from HR, other two from CTO and CEO. We had a very good discussion about business, technology transformation, facing challenges, organization structure optimization, etc.

Finance Controller Interview

Interview

Had phone interview was HR. Interviewer was polite and respectful before during and after interview.

SAP Staff Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini (Toronto, ON).

Interview

The process was standard hiring process for the most part. The initial interview was on the phone to get an idea of what experiences I've had and why I think I fit for the role. My success was determined by relating my listed resume experience to directly relate to the job. Doing this in narrative/story form was best.

Second round was in person interview with HR representative. Behavioural questions to see how you might react to potential challenges in the workplace.

Final round was a detailed case study and presentation. Majority of the challenge is in the presentation and being able to handle difficult questions. Solid analysis in your case study is obviously helpful.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to make a decision without having all the information? If so, how did you manage it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Capgemini (Vancouver, BC) in October 2012.

Interview

The company was recruiting for Consultants and Sr Consultants (undergrads and MBAs). I applied through the university's career centre. I was granted an on-campus interview that consisted of 2 parts: a business case and some behavioral questions. I was nervous about the business case but it was actually very simple (geared towards undergrads I guess).

I was successful in this round and invited to attend round 2. The company invited 18 candidates (both undergrads and graduate students) to the 2nd round. This round consisted of being split into groups and working on a business case over a mediocre buffet dinner followed by a group presentation. The quality of candidates seemed to range dramatically. One person even showed up in jeans!

There was considerable time pressure for the case (by design) and it was fairly chaotic with everyone wanting to show off their "leadership qualities" so there was a lot of posturing and I thought all the groups' presentations were pretty weak (typical undergrad work , focusing on buzzwords but missing the big picture and lacking vision).

The next morning there were 2 more back-to-back interviews. At least there were free coffee and muffins.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer iPhone or BlackBerry?   1 Answer
    • What was the last article you read in the business section of the newspaper?   1 Answer