Capco Interview Questions

Updated 25 Sep, 2014
Updated 25 Sep, 2014

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

Interview Questions
    • There were three rounds. first round was technical and was telephonic. second round was with senior management. followed by a interview with client over telephone.   Answer Question

Associate Talent Program Interview

Stage 1: Answer Online Questions

Stage 2: Record yourself answering 3 questions. Already been mentioned elsewhere, all fairly simple.

Stage 3: Assessment Centre. Split into groups. Consists of a short, but relatively easy, maths test. A group exercise where you have to read an M&A case and present your findings as 'Capco' to the client company doing the merger on your findings and recommendations. Finally, 3 quick-fire interview questions that are mainly conversational and are trying to see how relaxed and confident you are. Everyone always asks you 'Why consultancy?'

Stage 4: Final interview with head of HR, a senior consultant and a "partner".

Stage 4 of the process was handled horribly by HR and really put me off the company. I had a telephone interview scheduled with a senior consultant (was told it would be a partner but hey-ho) for 12 noon on a Friday. By 2pm I had no contact from anyone and so had to chase HR up about what was going on. At 4pm I got an email saying he was busy at client site and would have to reschedule for Monday (wasn't told when). Monday rolls around and again by 2pm no contact from anyone, I chase up HR who get back to me at 5pm telling me they can do the interview in half an hour. Telephone interview finally gets underway, the consultant seemed completely disinterested (obviously had better things to do) and lasted 12 minutes. Simple questions and answers that I had already been asked at every stage before.

Ultimately I was rejected and the only feedback was "despite your good interviews we felt you did not have the necessary experience". I believe this is something that they could have told me at the beginning of the process to save everyone time.

Advice to CAPCO: the application process is the opportunity not just for candidates to impress you, but for you to impress the candidates. If they see you can't organise a telephone interview then that does not bode well for the candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Talk to me about the LIBOR scandal. If you were the CEO of Barclays Bank what would be your 3 main concerns?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

quick and easy process. talk to hr, then final rounds with three consultant. offer two day later, negotiable. Questions include resume, projects, previous job experiences, your knowledge of the industry, etc.

good

Principal Consultant - Digital Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Capco.

I met with four people as part of my interview process including an HR Hiring Manager and representatives from digital, banking and tech.
    At my level there was no aptitude test or the kind of case studies that you find at similar organizations such as McKinsey, Deloitte, BCG which was refreshing.

Interview Questions
    • The interview question felt less like a set of exam questions intended to catch me out and more like an open and honest discussion of values, intent, experience and expectations   Answer Question

Managing Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Capco.

5 People across the company on the phone. 2 people in person in Washington DC. I made my own travel arrangements, drove to the location and saved the company $500 in airfare but then was not compensated for mileage. BUT, the would have paid $700 for air fare.

Interview Questions
    • I ASKED THEM an unexpected question: I asked what their employee churn rate was, they didn't know. I asked what their annual revenue was, they didn't know. These were high level execs I asked.   View Answer
    Easy.

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capco.

5 step process that consisted of initial phone assessment with recruiter, 30 minute quantitative/brain teaser interview, 30 minutes behavioral fit, and final on-site interview with 4 people. It was very structured and comprehensive.

Interview Questions
    • Name the time you had to break the rules to get something done   View Answer
    Open to negotiation, but need to have awareness of market and value to the firm.

Project Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Capco in June 2014.

I applied on line. The HR department called and asked me a number of questions then invited me for an inhouse interview 'event'. When I told them I could not make it that Thursday evening they scheduled 3 phone interviews. They contacted because the phone interviews went well and asked me to come to their NYC offices on a Thursday evening for three additional in person interviews.

I was offered a 1099 position, but apparently they did not have the contract yet so nothing came of it.

Interview Questions
    • Interviews were conversational and did not ask any difficult questions   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Central (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Capco in June 2014.

I sent out a cover letter through email and received an email after two days telling me that a face-to-face interview will be held the day after. Two HR manager interviewed me and asked some standard questions like "Briefly introduce yourself", "Why do you want to have this job". However, they said that they will contact me whether I will have a second interview on 27/6 but surely they didn't.

Entry Level Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Capco.

After applying online, I was called within a week by an HR representative. The HR rep asked me common questions about my background and my resume. She asked me why I thought I would be a good fit at Capco and why I wanted to get into finance/ consulting. Overall a very straightforward process and what I had expected.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Capco.

Five stage process. Made it through the initial phone interview with HR rep, then invited for two back to back interviews with a consultant and a PM first, followed by another HR rep. Unfortunately didn't make it through to the next round which is apparently another two interviews with HR rep and then Business Partner. I stumbled on one question that involved in depth knowledge of trading which I unfortunately do not have but do not feel that this was really an issue or the reason I didn't get progressed as it is a management consultancy and I was applying for the general area of capital markets which I have worked in for a number of years in several large financial institutions and therefore have enough knowledge to apply towards several specialisms within this area. The consultant struck me immediately as if he was not interested in the interviewing process at all and had a typical financial professional persona of a BS artist at its finest. Basically talks a lot but nothing to back it up and then did not take at all to having basic interviewee questions asked his way which he then stumbled on more than I did on a technical question.

Interview Questions
    • What new ideas and/or innovations can you bring to the company?   Answer Question

Worked for Capco? Contribute to the Community!