Capco

Updated 12 Dec, 2014
Updated 12 Dec, 2014

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

Interview Questions
    • There were three rounds. first round was technical and was telephonic. second round was with senior management. followed by a interview with client over telephone.   Answer Question

Principal Consultant Interview

Streamlined RPO process and mixed with Leadership sessions at 3-4 rounds facing a mix of behavioral and technical questions related to the financial services industry, in the current and future state.

Interview Questions
    • How do you disrupt and embrace innovation and culture in a traditional industry?   Answer Question
    Quick and brisk and effective

ATP Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capco.

The overall process of the interview was not too difficult. You first get a phone interview and once they like you they call you up for a second interview. For the 2nd interview you talk to two people. Mainly talking about yourself and your experience. Make sure you are able to answer obscure questions. There is no right answer but i believe they are looking for how you came up with that answer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you influence a person that earth is round?
      How many tires are sold in United States per year?

Answer Question

Capco Associate Talent Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

First there was an online interview. Easy questions about your skills and about the role of a consultant. That was followed by an assessment centre. It contained a written test, a group case and mini interviews. The day was very well organised and laid back.

Training Associate Program Interview

Online application with 3 questions such as : Why Capco? Why Consulting? In the current Financial Services climate, what do you think Capco should be concentrating on?

Then invited for a video interview with 3 additional questions (30 sec to prepare 60 sec to answer) all fairly easy, such as describe a time that you have been part of a team what was your role etc.

Interview Questions
    • what do you think of retail banking vs online banking?   Answer Question

Talent Programmer Interview

Online application form - very simple
    Video interview - three basic questions - why capco, how your team mates would describe you, changes in banking industry over next 10 years
    Assessment centre - group exercise, numerical/verbal/logical test, speed interviews, Q&A with current employees
    Final interview with partner and HR - half and hour for each

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capco in October 2014.

Recruiter called me the first week in October...had me convinced to come interview by the end of the week despite my reluctance. Am very happy indeed that I did!

Met with four managers in a two hour time period, had a tour of the office, met my recruiter. I had one follow up phone interview-- this was in the span of 4 business days. By the end of the 2nd week in October I had a verbal offer, which I happily accepted, then a written one hours later.

Interview experience was very different than a typical Big 4- it was interactive, I met the right people on round 1-- a partner, two senior managers, and someone at my level that could answer candidly and give insight into a "day in the life". Recruiter was transparent and diligent throughout the process and all managers seemed to have a genuine interest in my career goals and how they translate to Capco opportunities. Followed up even after offer acceptance to help with the onboarding process and took me to lunch the first week I joined. I have since recommended Capco to three ex- colleagues from my firm.

Interview Questions
    • technical questions on trade lifecycle but answered it well   Answer Question
    Recruiter was transparent from the start about compensation and held true that Capco would pay competitive market rates-- really solid benefits package too

Associate Talent Program Interview

Stage 1: Answer Online Questions

Stage 2: Record yourself answering 3 questions. Already been mentioned elsewhere, all fairly simple.

Stage 3: Assessment Centre. Split into groups. Consists of a short, but relatively easy, maths test. A group exercise where you have to read an M&A case and present your findings as 'Capco' to the client company doing the merger on your findings and recommendations. Finally, 3 quick-fire interview questions that are mainly conversational and are trying to see how relaxed and confident you are. Everyone always asks you 'Why consultancy?'

Stage 4: Final interview with head of HR, a senior consultant and a "partner".

Stage 4 of the process was handled horribly by HR and really put me off the company. I had a telephone interview scheduled with a senior consultant (was told it would be a partner but hey-ho) for 12 noon on a Friday. By 2pm I had no contact from anyone and so had to chase HR up about what was going on. At 4pm I got an email saying he was busy at client site and would have to reschedule for Monday (wasn't told when). Monday rolls around and again by 2pm no contact from anyone, I chase up HR who get back to me at 5pm telling me they can do the interview in half an hour. Telephone interview finally gets underway, the consultant seemed completely disinterested (obviously had better things to do) and lasted 12 minutes. Simple questions and answers that I had already been asked at every stage before.

Ultimately I was rejected and the only feedback was "despite your good interviews we felt you did not have the necessary experience". I believe this is something that they could have told me at the beginning of the process to save everyone time.

Advice to CAPCO: the application process is the opportunity not just for candidates to impress you, but for you to impress the candidates. If they see you can't organise a telephone interview then that does not bode well for the candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Talk to me about the LIBOR scandal. If you were the CEO of Barclays Bank what would be your 3 main concerns?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capco in October 2014.

Applied through my school's career website. Got an on campus interview within a few days. The guy was nice, but he didn't have my resume. However, it seemed like he really enjoyed doing the recruiting and was very passionate about his career.

Associate Interview

quick and easy process. talk to hr, then final rounds with three consultant. offer two day later, negotiable. Questions include resume, projects, previous job experiences, your knowledge of the industry, etc.

good