Canadian Tire Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2014
Updated Aug 14, 2014

2.4

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Canadian Tire in July 2014.

Applied for the Business Analyst position though email and received an email confirming a phone interview date. Took the call, was asked Basic questions that are listened below. The phone call lasted about thirty minutes. Was told that I should receive an email in about a week telling me if I will be moving on to the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were basic. They asked me the following questions: Why Canadian Tire? What was your greatest accomplishment? Why this job? Why this major instead of the other major that you pursued?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Canadian Tire.

I handed in my resume at the customer service desk, and about a week later I got a call asking me to go in for an "interview". This interview was a forty minute long video which asks random skill based (hardware,math) questions. You write down your answers and if you do well, you might get a call back. Less than a week later I went in for an actual interview which lasted maybe ten minutes and was hired that day, and scheduled to come in for a three hour training shift the next week.

Interview Questions
    • What would you like to do after highschool?   View Answer

Warehouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burnaby, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Canadian Tire in August 2010.

it was very easy to get into Canadian tire as the gm of this store is a friend of mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine

New Graduate - Technology Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Canadian Tire in November 2013.

I applied online and about 3 weeks later received an email from Campus Program Specialist for a 15 minute phone interview. I was given two 2-hour slots and was told that I will receive a phone call anytime between these two slots.

I didn't receive any phone call from Canadian Tire within a given timeframe. I emailed back but didn't receive any reply.

Many phone calls and voicemails later, I was told that they selected a bunch of candidates from the first few they called for the in-person interview. They didn't think it was necessary to inform remaining candidates waiting for a phone call about the development.

This was the worst interview process experience I had in my professional career. The hiring process itself for the role of "Technology Leadership Program" says a lot about leadership and coordination within the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Canadian Tire in April 2012.

I simply do not have any advice, they took me in almost without any questions because a relative of mine referred me and was only there to review the rules, and job responsibilities. Wasn't asked many (any) questions.

Interview Questions
    got hired, and got to work. I didn't care about my schedule and it was my first job so I was okay with minimum wage.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Canadian Tire in July 2012.

Culture is warm. Vetted through my resume, then a meeting with HR first, followed by an interview by the person I would be reporting to, 3rd interview was with his manager for approval, and then a 4th for overall review approval again with HR and my report to. It came down to myself and one other.

Interview Questions
    • To provide situational examples of not meeting the mark on a project with specific reasons.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Canadian Tire in January 2012.

1 phone interview and 1 in person interview. All behavioural questions. Knowledge of Canadian tire helps to answer and understand questions. Getting an interview was quick, it took weeks to get an offer.

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Windsor, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Canadian Tire in March 2011.

I applied for the job in person after hearing from the friend of a worker that the management preferred a hand-in to online. I was initially contacted in the beginning of March (three weeks after my hand-in), but it took until the beginning of April before they were prepared to schedule an interview. It then took a further four weeks with two follow-up calls before they would give me a decision regarding the position. I found the whole process really lengthy without any reasonable excuse.

Interview Questions
    • "Do you have a history of on-the-job accidents? We get a lot of those here."   View Answer

Coordinator, Dealer Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Canadian Tire in September 2013.

I did a phone interview and in-person interview. The staff were incredibly friendly, the questions were all very normal (tell us about yourself, skills, weaknesses, experience, etc.). The only thing that threw me was the the job listing and initial interview led me to believe I was interviewing for a job that integrated HR skills and training, and then when I arrived for the in-person interview I was told it was more of an executive assistant role.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, there were no exceptionally difficult questions...   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Very simple.

Interview Questions

Worked for Canadian Tire? Contribute to the Community!