Canada Post Interview Questions

RSMC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied online – interviewed at Canada Post.

I uploaded my resume and personal details on the Canada Post web site for jobs. I got a call a few months later for an on call relief mail carrier but declined because I wanted a permenant position. I then specified in my resume and cover letter that I was interested in becoming a RSMC and applied for a fulltime posting. I was called within a week for an interview. I was interviewed by one lady. She asked me a series of questions regarding how I would handle certain situations. I watched a short film about what goes on in the rsmc mail department and I was given a timed test which is easy math but unnerving when you are being timed and watched.

Holiday Postal Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC

I applied online – interviewed at Canada Post in October 2014.

Super nice HR team who provide tips on how to pass the exam. There are about 5 sections which are timed. Note that they do not tell u how much time you have left. The sections are as follows, compare and contrast addresses, memorization of addresses, basic math of large numbers and reading comprehension

Analyst/Process Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Canada Post.

There were two round of interviews, first there was a technical assessment including a knowledge on basic Process Engineering ( Process Mapping, Takt Time, Lead time ,... ) basic Excel skills and DMAIC methodologies plus Auto Cad assessment. The Second run was focused on typical behavioral questions and professional skills performed by three members of managerial Panel. The interview was straightforward and they were friendly.

Interview Questions
    • what is the innovative actions you've been responsible in previous positions? ( examples should have been different from Decision making and execution skills )   Answer Question

Delivery Mail Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied in-person – interviewed at Canada Post.

They have a good benfet but after one year at least.the interview is so easy and the people there very helpful. But you have to work very very fast to take your benfet.

Driver Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Canada Post.

lengthy but worth it. The jobs as really good benefits and an amazing pension plan. But in the beginning they call you on temp which is difficult in the beginning.

Interview Questions
    • how would you treat an angry customer who has not who has not received his pension cheque ?   View Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Canada Post.

Through university and in person. Interview was kind of rigourous with numerous questions. Asked numerous behavioral questions as well as personality questions. There was an Auto Cad quiz at the end. Overall interview took an hour.

Postal Clerk Po4 Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Canada Post.

Start as a seasonal worker in X'mas, apply to become a regular full time worker after seasonal term done, waited 2 month and they contact me for a interview, but the interview is for becoming a on-call base worker.

Interview Questions
    • Start with an exam, basic math, memories and communication skills, follow by 2 interviews with cpc supvisors.   Answer Question
    Be positive attitude when the interview comes and show them they you are physically fit and able to some physical work.

Mail Service Courier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Canada Post in July 2014.

apply on line , 3 weeks later GAT testing couple of hours (General Abilities test) - general questions and numerical quizzes and memory - if you have a lot of common sense you will do well also. A week after passing GAT's then an Interview is scheduled with two Supervisors. Again if you have a good clear mind and great customer service skills and common sense you should do well. Then a week later is the Road Evaluation approx. 1.5 hours. - total time invested now is 4 weeks - next step if you pass the road eval and other steps is a 2 week training course including an 8 hour Positive Driving Program in class to obtain a VOP (Vehicle Operators Permit)..... approx. 8 weeks (2 month process)

Interview Questions
    • found none difficult as they all pertain to your own experiences - so your answers are your right answers based on your experiences....   View Answer
    n/a

Letter Carrier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Canada Post in June 2014.

(1) GAT - general aptitude test, you have to pass this test. Its not easy and not hard(memory, math with out using calculator). But, lots of people won't pass this test. ration of pass is 10:4. (2) If you pass GAT, then interview won't be so difficult. (3) Road test - make sure you practice on big van or truck, especially backing park. (4) health test - BP, heart rate, work focus.
     Then there will be 3 weeks training where you have to sort 120 letters in 10 min. practice, practice, practice !!
      After that they will assign a Depo where you have to give a route, you need to deliver all mail with in your time limit. This part would be hardest one even you got all training. If you make it, you will continue in Canada Post otherwise no!!

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Canada Post in May 2014.

I applied for summer student positions both in Ottawa and Toronto in March. A month later the HR emailed me to set up a phone interview. It was a easy interview, containing about five behavioral questions, like "describe a situation in which you lead a team/ handle a conflict/ overcome a difficulty/ make a quick decision".