Cambridge Associates, LLC

www.cambridgeassociates.com
  www.cambridgeassociates.com

Cambridge Associates, LLC Investment Performance Junior Analyst Interview Questions

Updated 9 Oct, 2014
Updated 9 Oct, 2014

2.8

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Investment Performance Junior Analyst Interview

After applying online, the HR arranged for a quick phone interview, and I was invited for the second interview lasting for around 3 hours. The phone interview was just to go through the resume and asked some questions regarding expected pay, why Cambridge, etc. The second interview was more comprehensive, and involved a case study, and interviews with 3 other individuals. The case study requires you to ask questions on how to execute a certain change in a client's portfolio and to reflect them in a flash report. Subsequently, you would be asked to present the flash report to the manager, and you would be evaluated on your logic and organizational skills. The other two interviewers would be going through the usual interview questions such as strengths and weaknesses, what do you think the job entails, etc.

Interview Questions
  • I would think the most difficult part would be the case study. Be sure to read up on what does the role require you to do, and the other roles of the other parties that you would be liaising with, such as the investment consultants and MSG. You would need to know how each parties work, in order to come up with the questions and the report plan.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC

Investment Performance Junior Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Sent in an online application and they got back in around 2 weeks. The HR lady arranged for a telephone interview first and after some selection, they will invite you to their office for 2 rounds of interviews. The first round is about 2 hours with 30 minutes as an introduction to the company and the role. After that, you will be seated in a room and a senior associate or manager will interview you for about 30 to 40 mins. Then there will be a round table discussion with 2 members of the team. They ask around the same questions. If you get selected, you will be invited for the second round of interviews. Questions are also quite repetitive.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you for the motivation behind applying for the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Submitted my resume via company website. HR was efficient and got back to me the next day and we scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview went smoothly and the nice HR lady ran through my resume as well as some questions that allowed her to know more about me.
    Was then sent an email inviting me to come down for the first round interview. Started off with a presentation by the director of PRG that shared with us a broad overview of the company. It was followed by 3 rounds of interviews with the current staff as well as the HR.
    I was then invited back for a second and final round of interviews the next day. (Yes the HR lady is efficient!) Was given a more detailed presentation by the same director before embarking on a case study. Case study was interesting and I think they were looking at possibly your thought process.
    Once again, I got a response the next day and received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were generally standard save for some gotcha questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in May 2014.

There was an online application, HR telephone screen, and after they invite you to the office for a company presentation and 2 interviews with a current analyst and HR rep. Final round was a case study and another interview with the HR rep and the manager.

1. HR telephone screen questions: Run through your resume, what are you most proud of, why Cambridge, what other jobs have you applied for, pretty standard questions.

2. Listen during the company presentation at the office because the first question the HR rep asked was "what did you find interesting/what did you learn about the company?". Again, very standard questions. The analyst asked: "If money was no object, what would be your dream job" followed by "How would this position help you fulfil that dream?"

3. Case study was really simple, nothing technical. Another analyst will come in for 15 mins and you can ask them questions. Interview with the manager was more of a conversation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Phone Interview : Questions about activities you done shown on your resume, strengths and weaknesses. Basic questions..

Investment Performance Junior Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Round 1 - Campus Interview
    Round 2 - Open House, interviewers are friendly with 3 of them, quite tiring as the questions are repeated. followed by a written test.

Investment Performance Junior Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

1st round- HR call
    2nd round- competency qns with a manager & hr + 1 proof reading test
    3rd round- 4x behavioural/ competency qns with 4 diff managers

Interview Questions
    • what should we be concerned with if we decide to hire you   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in April 2013.

It was a phone interview and HR asked me to go through my resume

Investment Performance Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Really disappointed with this experience. I was looking to transition to a financial or investment analyst position. I heard about Cambridge and felt that it would be a really great fit. I had some related experience. I got an e-mail from a recruiter asking for dates and times for a phone screen and i responded back. A week past and I never heard back from her. I followed up with another e-mail and we finally set up a screen. I had a phone screen and then went in for an open house. Open house was a presentation. I had 3 interviews with a total of 4 individuals. They all asked the same basic behavioral questions. I asked for business cards (so I could send appropriate thank-you's) and only 1 person had one. There was also a case study basically asking you to summarize about a 20 page report (mostly graphs and charts) into a memo to the client. We were told we would probably hear back by the end of the week. I never received a courtesy e-mail or phone call stating that I was not selected for the next round of interviews.

Investment Performance Junior Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in November 2011.

Was called for a phone interview. Very concise and brief.