Cambridge Associates, LLC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Investment Performance Analyst Interview

Investment Performance Analyst
Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in September 2013.

Interview Details There was a phone interview, followed by two rounds of in-office interviews. Lastly, a final phone interview with the director of the Investment Performance group. The process was slightly disorganized, but overall moved relatively quickly once it got started.

Interview Question – How would you rate this interview on a scale of 1-10?   Answer Question

Charlottesville, VA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in September 2013.

Interview Details I applied via my University's career services. About a week later, CA reached out to me saying they'd like to interview me on Grounds. The first round interview is relatively short at 30 minutes and not very technical. They asked the typical behavioral questions such as why do you want to go into financial consulting, why CA specifically, and they asked a basic portfolio theory question at the end.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was why CA. The why financial consulting was easy bc it's a job between i-banking and strategy consulting and provides a good balance, but I'm not even aware of competing financial consulting firms.   View Answer

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in August 2009.

Interview Details This was a standard interview with some exercises to test basic investment knowledge. The interview is composed of 5 meetings with current CA team.

Interview Question – Nothing stood out.   Answer Question

Data Specialist Interview

Data Specialist

Interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC

Interview Details Phone HR conversation. Trip to DC for two half hour interviews

Interview Question – Tons of grade yourself on a scale of 1-10, something you are not above 7 on   Answer Question

Investment Performance Junior Analyst Interview

Investment Performance Junior Analyst
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview Details Phone Interview : Questions about activities you done shown on your resume, strengths and weaknesses. Basic questions..

Interview Question – Why didnt you join any clubs or societies in school?   Answer Question

Consulting Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in October 2012.

Interview Details Applied through campus career center. Half-hour on-campus interview, followed by interview day in Boston office that I declined. The interview was a few standard questions (Why Cambridge, why investment consulting) followed by a brief case study. The interviewer was very friendly and laid-back. Personality fit definitely seemed to be a focus.

Interview Question – The case study was pretty simple, just a risk/return graph with different hypothetical managers graphed. The goal was to determine which manager should be replaced (i.e., lowest return/risk ratio).   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate
Boston, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in March 2013.

Interview Details I was initially contacted by a recruiter at the end of January 2013. After submitting an application and two academic references I had a phone interview with a second-year associate who asked primarily personal/fit questions, nothing technical. The on-site interview in Boston was about a week later. That consisted of three 30-minute interviews, each with 1-2 current associates. The morning culminated with a lunch interview with a fourth CA associate.

Interview Question – None of the questions were particularly difficult. The crux of the interview centered around a case interview delivering a recommendation to a client about an asset allocation strategy giving a variety of asset classes with varying avg. annual returns and standard deviations given the client's risk/expected return requirements   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview Details Didn't hear a thing from Cambridge Associates until about 4 months after I applied for an entry level position. I would think that they have a very high turnover for their entry level spots and hire in cycles. Once I did hear from them the interview process was quick, with an initial interview scheduled very soon after they reached out to me, and a second round interview just three days later.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

I applied online and interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview Details They will email you to get a time with you for a phone interview. During the phone interview, you will be asked to go through your resume. There will also be HR questions like the kind of jobs you look out for, the reason you chose the role and what do you know about Cambridge Associate. Interviewer from Cambridge Associates is friendly.

Interview Question – What would you advise your customer to invest in now?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in August 2013.

Interview Details Went in to meet with recruiter, manager, and director. All were good people and very professional. Moving from question to question. Everything is written down. Choose words carefully and think. In the end, a test is given with investment performance summaries and need to find one or two mistakes.

Interview Question – Very nice and professional recruiter. Allows you to engage with her via phone regarding your resume and experiences. She asks typical questions, as any phone interview really. However, some questions like "What are two of your weaknesses?" and "Name one thing you like about this job and one thing you dislike the most?"   View Answer