Cambridge Associates, LLC

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated 26 Oct, 2014
Updated 26 Oct, 2014

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

I was initially contacted by a lady in HR. She gave me the details for my interview, which entailed meeting with multiple groups within the CIB department. Over the course of 3 hours, I met with staff from Real Estate Gaming & Lodging, TMT, and FIG. Each group explained how the analyst role applied to their particular group, and asked me to walk them through my resume and tell them about my background. There were not many technical questions; mainly, the interview was a conversation for the most part. Therefore, having questions prepared for them drove the direction of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • If a company purchases equipment during the year, what is the effect to the Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow Statement?   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in November 2013.

The first interview was a 1:1 that consisted of a fit section and quick graph analysis (if you can extract the important details from a graph you'll be fine). The second interview was held at the company site in Boston. There were 5 parts: two fit, two "cases" and a 1-on-1 lunch. The first fit was very standard -- you basically walk through your resume. The second part was just answering "why Cambridge Associates". The cases weren't your standard management consulting case; they were more tailored to the specific kind of work you would be doing as a CA.

Performance Reporting Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in November 2013.

I applied online, and several weeks later had a screening call. They focused on my resume, and asked me to describe why I had chosen to work at each place, and why I had chosen the College, I attended, and Major. A week later I was asked to come in for a interviews. I was interviewed with 2 other candidates, and began with an information session about the company. Then we were split up, and over 2 hours or so interviewed by 3 different people. Each person asked essentially the same range of questions, as far as I can tell in an attempt to see if your answers would change. Most questions were fairly standard (your skills, weaknesses, experiences). I never heard back from them afterwards, even after sending several follow up emails over 2 months. While I was not particularly unhappy about not moving on, it is polite, and easy, to inform someone they are no longer being considered.

Consulting Associate Interview

First had an on campus interview at my university and then an on site interview with the firm. Whole process took about 2.5 weeks from the first interview to hearing back after the second round. The on site interview consisted of 2 30 min and 2 45 min interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, had to talk through a few cases, but that was about it.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in October 2013.

I applied online through their careers website and got an email asking for a phone interview about 2 weeks later. I was scheduled to interview with a Senior Recruiter but she was going to be out the week I was suppose to interview, so she sent the Assistant Director of Recruiting to do the interview.

The interview was literally less than 10 minutes and the woman didn't seem at all interested in getting to know me. She seemed like she wasn't prepared with enough questions. She literally asked me about 2 of the jobs on my resume and if I was able to work without sponsorship. No behavioral questions at all. She asked me how I found the position and that was probably the hardest question she asked me... She didn't describe the position to me or give an introduction about the company. At the end, she asked me if I had any questions for her and I was so confused because it seemed like such a short interview that I only asked her 2 questions, thinking that she would go into further detail about the position and ask me more questions.

I thought that such an established firm would have a more organized interviewing system. This woman didn't seem to prepare to ask me anything. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't call me back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in October 2013.

I applied and was given a first-round interview through on-campus recruiting. The interview was 1-on-1 and lasted for about half an hour, mostly behavorial-type questions about why I was interested in the job, as well as some questions about experiences on my resume. Towards the end of the interview, I was given a simple chart and asked to provide an recommendation to a fictional client based on data in the graph. Very straight-forward. I was offered a spot in a full day final interview in the company's Boston office, but I declined.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in being a Consulting Associate?   Answer Question

Research Associate - Capital Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in September 2013.

Applied directly through their website and received the standard HR reach out email about 4 weeks afterward. Pretty typical phone interview/screen to gauge interest and background. I was then scheduled to come into their office the following week for a set of interviews with the manager and director of the group. The in-person interview went down as a bit of a good cop bad cop scenario. The manager asked very pointed questions, the director more behavioral. EVERY response is written down. They were not quite reading off a script, per se, but they did have about 30+ questions to choose from. The job requires a fair amount of Excel use, and while I didn't have to sit at a computer to test my Excel knowledge they did ask me how to run certain functions just from memory. There was also a short editing test where they presented a few of the reports CA makes and my job was to highlight/correct any errors I found.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me where the S&P 500 closed yesterday? What has its performance been for the past week? Past month? Past year? Same line of questioning for NASDAQ and NYSE.   Answer Question

Data Specialist Interview

Phone HR conversation. Trip to DC for two half hour interviews

Interview Questions
    • Tons of grade yourself on a scale of 1-10, something you are not above 7 on   Answer Question

Investment Performance Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Phone Interview : Questions about activities you done shown on your resume, strengths and weaknesses. Basic questions..

Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in September 2013.

I applied via my University's career services. About a week later, CA reached out to me saying they'd like to interview me on Grounds. The first round interview is relatively short at 30 minutes and not very technical. They asked the typical behavioral questions such as why do you want to go into financial consulting, why CA specifically, and they asked a basic portfolio theory question at the end.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was why CA. The why financial consulting was easy bc it's a job between i-banking and strategy consulting and provides a good balance, but I'm not even aware of competing financial consulting firms.   View Answer