Cambridge Associates, LLC

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated 12 Dec, 2014
Updated 12 Dec, 2014

Portfolio Report Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in May 2014.

This is the firs round phone interview. The questions were all pretty straight forward. Asked why this position but not the other one. Why Singapore. Where do you see you in 5 years.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Very easy-going, they always make you feel comfortable and frame the interviews like normal conversations. Low stress, but definitely require a decent amount of technical knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Should so-and-so portfolio expand into emerging markets given such-and-such circumstances? If so, to what degree? What investments should be removed?   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Phone interview and superday with behavioral interview that included a case.

Interview Questions
    • How would you invest $20,000?
      What would you do if you were given 5 hours to do a 10 hour project?

View Answer

MIG Interview

Phone interview then 2 rounds at Cambridge Associates MIG office.

Interview Questions
    • What are your weaknesses that will make me not hire you   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Three rounds to the whole process. First round was initial phone screening with HR; second round was a thirty minute phone call with two research associates with emphasis on fit a well as broad financial knowledge; third and final round was a "super day" type interview at their Boston office where I interviewed with 6 different people. Needed to prepare a case study for the final round that was pretty technical.

Interview Questions
    • Case study for final round. Needed to really know your stuff as far as financial and business analysis and   Answer Question

Junior Research Associate Interview

Multiple rounds, focus on behavior

Operations Associate Interview

Single on-campus interview, with single interviewer (manager). The interviewer came across as intentionally abrasive. There were no case studies or technical questions, just general background and interest questions. The interviewer could not readily explain the position for which they were interviewing candidates. Follow-ups to the interview were sophomoric and opaque.

Junior Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

A day after I submitted my resume, I received an email scheduling a phone screen. My phone screen was only about 10 minutes long--she asked me to describe my educational and professional background, why I would choose Cambridge Associates, and to describe my greatest professional weakness. I am scheduled to have a follow-up interview next week.

Research Analyst - Manager Information Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in February 2014.

Applied via Campus recruitment. Interviewed on campus, didn't get an offer. Most of the questions were about teamwork and leadership

Interview Questions
    • Who in your life do you want to model your career after?   Answer Question

Research Analyst - Manager Information Group Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in February 2014.

went through 2 rounds of interviews. the first round was in a group of 8. 2 hours session. the first hour was spent introducing the company and the roles. the second hour was split into 2 parts, a 30min interview with one of the staff (could be a manager, HR, etc) and another 30min sharing sessions with the junior analyst ( casual sharing session of perspective in life etc).

the second interview was 3 hours. the first hour was a 1 hours sharing session by the MIG manager about the role. the second hour was broken down into three 30min interviews. with the hiring manager, 2 junior analyst and the director. the last 30min was sample email writing. basically they gave a situation where you had to send an business email out. (nothing difficult, just have to be coherent and clear and ensure your email has all the relevant details imo)

Interview Questions
    • all the questions asked were non-technical, things like sharing stuff on your resume, or greatest strength greatest weakness. the interview process is very casual (although i believe they observe alot on your body language and spoken language and basically how you carry youself) and the idea for them is to get to know you better while you get to know them better.   Answer Question