Cambridge Associates, LLC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Investment Performance Junior Analyst Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview Details Phone Interview : Questions about activities you done shown on your resume, strengths and weaknesses. Basic questions..

Interview Question – Why didnt you join any clubs or societies in school?   Answer Question

Consulting Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in October 2012.

Interview Details Applied through campus career center. Half-hour on-campus interview, followed by interview day in Boston office that I declined. The interview was a few standard questions (Why Cambridge, why investment consulting) followed by a brief case study. The interviewer was very friendly and laid-back. Personality fit definitely seemed to be a focus.

Interview Question – The case study was pretty simple, just a risk/return graph with different hypothetical managers graphed. The goal was to determine which manager should be replaced (i.e., lowest return/risk ratio).   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate
Boston, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in March 2013.

Interview Details I was initially contacted by a recruiter at the end of January 2013. After submitting an application and two academic references I had a phone interview with a second-year associate who asked primarily personal/fit questions, nothing technical. The on-site interview in Boston was about a week later. That consisted of three 30-minute interviews, each with 1-2 current associates. The morning culminated with a lunch interview with a fourth CA associate.

Interview Question – None of the questions were particularly difficult. The crux of the interview centered around a case interview delivering a recommendation to a client about an asset allocation strategy giving a variety of asset classes with varying avg. annual returns and standard deviations given the client's risk/expected return requirements   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview Details Didn't hear a thing from Cambridge Associates until about 4 months after I applied for an entry level position. I would think that they have a very high turnover for their entry level spots and hire in cycles. Once I did hear from them the interview process was quick, with an initial interview scheduled very soon after they reached out to me, and a second round interview just three days later.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

I applied online and interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview Details They will email you to get a time with you for a phone interview. During the phone interview, you will be asked to go through your resume. There will also be HR questions like the kind of jobs you look out for, the reason you chose the role and what do you know about Cambridge Associate. Interviewer from Cambridge Associates is friendly.

Interview Question – What would you advise your customer to invest in now?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in August 2013.

Interview Details Went in to meet with recruiter, manager, and director. All were good people and very professional. Moving from question to question. Everything is written down. Choose words carefully and think. In the end, a test is given with investment performance summaries and need to find one or two mistakes.

Interview Question – Very nice and professional recruiter. Allows you to engage with her via phone regarding your resume and experiences. She asks typical questions, as any phone interview really. However, some questions like "What are two of your weaknesses?" and "Name one thing you like about this job and one thing you dislike the most?"   View Answer

Investment Performance Junior Analyst Interview

Investment Performance Junior Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview Details Round 1 - Campus Interview
Round 2 - Open House, interviewers are friendly with 3 of them, quite tiring as the questions are repeated. followed by a written test.

Interview Question – Why this industry instead of what you have studied.   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Junior Associate
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in July 2013.

Interview Details Standard Phone Interview

Interview Question – Standard run me through your resume qns, strengths, motivations, what do you know about the firm etc.   Answer Question

Investment Performance Analyst Interview

Investment Performance Analyst
Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in May 2013.

Interview Details Filled out online app; called the same day. First step in the process was a screening call. If you pass that step, they invite you in for an informative meeting with multiple candidates (in my case, 2 others) and three different interviews.

Those interviews were tough. Each person comes in with a different personality and tries to throw you off guard. For me, this went well and I was invited back for the last step.

The last step in the process is being brought into their office to review what you will be doing on a daily basis. After the walk-through, you have a 30 minute interview with the director. Again, tough questions. You cannot "BS" your way through the interviews; Cambridge is checking for inconsistency.

I Was offered the job the next day.

Interview Question – What was the last book you read?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – $$. Seems like an interested opportunity, but the pay is way too low for the location.

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in October 2011.

Interview Details On campus interview with one interviewer. Following that, had an informational session in the evening at the office. This was followed by an interview day with 5 interviews, the 3rd being a case interview (that is unlike most case interviews for consulting due to the uniqueness of investment consulting). Then they have a consulting associate take you to lunch, which I assume is informally part of the process as well.

Interview Question – The case. It is unlike other cases you would see, and involves picking the right set of investment managers based on the information you are given.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cambridge Associates, LLC