Cadence Design Systems

Updated 3 Mar, 2015

3.1

Staff Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in April 2014.

I had very good experience with whole process. It was communicated properly and done on time. They had telephonic, then face2face and then HR interview. Hiring Manager was easy going and supportive.

Principal Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Excellent experience interviewing. Expectations were laid out clearly, and negotiations went quickly. Meeting staff and soon-to-be-coworkers was a pleasant and very informative process. Actually, my experience was exceptionally smooth because I worked for this man in a previous job 10 years ago, and he was ready to bring me in. That was behind a lot of it, plus the work I'd done to prepare and having had three interviews already that year with the company. Lots of groundwork laid, but in the end it wasn't all my doing.

Interview Questions
    • When can you start? I know, that's typically not what you'd expect, but for me, that was it. Like I said, they were ready to bring me in. They already knew me. Learning new material now on the job is tougher than any 'question' in the interview.   View Answer
    Quick and to the point. I had an offer verbally in two business days, and one 'in writing' (by email) in 5 busines days.

Senior Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in March 2014.

Contacted by HR thru LinkedIn. Set up an short hr discussion followed by phone interview.

Technical phone interview:
    General resume questions
    OVM/UVM basic questions
    How will u tell size of an array without using foreach construct of Sys verilog
    MESI/MOSI

Small team was looking for senior person. So not selected

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Some questions on general EDA principals, your experiences on resume etc.

Analog Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in November 2013.

There were two rounds. Technical Aptitude test and an interview. The Technical Aptitude test was subjective and questions were from RC circuits, basic concepts of feedback and operational amplifiers. There were questions on MOSFETs as well. The difficulty level was ramped in the interview level and questions were lot more difficult.

Interview Questions
    • A question on the maximum frequency of a clock that can be used in a system   Answer Question

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

There were three rounds-one aptitude test rounds, one technical interview and one HR interview.
    The aptitude test required the students to solve questions on electronics and circuit theory. The questions were not MCQs. A sheet was provided where the students had to write down the answers. Rough sheets were provided which had to be attached with the answer script. The questions were on op-amps, signals and systems, MOSFETs and circuit theory. There were questions on A/D converters and DSP as well(hardly 2 or 3). The duration was 2 hours. 10students were shortlisted.
    The interview round lasted for more than 2 hours(for people who were not selected, it lasted for shorter periods of time). The questions were based on questions asked in the aptitude test albeit, more difficult and required a greater clarity in concepts about feedback, Laplace transforms, RC circuits and Fourier transform. But the interviewer was helpful and was giving hints when I got stuck and was able to solve them.
    The HR round was more on why I wanted this job etc.

Interview Questions
    • It was a question on response of op-amp to a particular type of input. I don't remember exactly   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in October 2013.

it was a 3 step process. first there was an aptitude cum technical question paper and they short list some students and then there was technical interview then HR interview an d you cannot pass the 2nd step without core knowledge in the subject

Software Engineering Intern Interview

very relaxed conversation with manager. no stress really.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in September 2013.

there was a simple technical written test followed by tech and hr interview panel.people were very good.they are looking for people who are interested in designing. be confident about what u write in your resume.they ask about your projects .

Member of Technical Staff Interview

HR found the resume from monster can emailed me the job information. scheduled an interview with the manager. Then an easy on-site interview. the whole process is smooth. They really need to fill the position.