Cadence Design Systems Interview Questions

Updated 26 Oct, 2014
Updated 26 Oct, 2014

3.1

Member of Technical Staff Interview

There was one written test round and then three rounds of interviews. Out of these the first two were taken by the team leaders and the last one was by the director.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Hiring is easy, C, C++, Data structures questions. 2 or more rounds of interviews. One phone screening, one or more technical onsite face to face interviews getting to know the technical skills of the candidate. When shortlisted, an interview with Manager and HR manager for negotiating the salary and all.

Design Engineer Interview

The Process was held as a part of the college placement process. Students were shortlisted on the basis of their CGPA and there was a technical written test as the first round in the selection process.
    Six students were shortlisted for the Interview out of the 210 shortlisted. They might finally select 1-2.
    The interview was a high class filtering for those who actually deserve the job. It is usually for 1-2 hrs per person. All the best! :)

Interview Questions
    • Questions were asked on analog. Level two probably. Tested on Op-amps, BJTs, MOSFETs, a few standard circuits of op-amps etc. From the digital part, a few questions were asked. Sequence detectors, static timing analysis, etc   View Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in September 2014.

first round: written test subjective u will have to write answers it consists of questions from network thory ,dld ,mosfet, opamps
    second round: technical interview mostly discussion on questions in written test and few other questions on rlc circuits,dld
    third round : hr interview resume based questions, about family back ground, why i am intrested in joining there company, why should we hire you and few other common hr questions.

Interview Questions
    • why don't u want to go to higher studies if you are so interested in electronic design?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in May 2014.

E-mailed and scheduled an interview the following week. Got a reply within a week, final offer week later after that. Whole process took less than 3 weeks. The interviewer was extremely nice and kept the conversation going even if I didn't have a long answer. Interviewed by multiple people and all were really nice.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about resume experience and tested knowledge with some simple questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, but recruiter does his best to get highest pay for you.

IC Design Interview

Hiring managers called to discuss position responsibility, business, company, and asked for related job experiences. On-site interview was set up with the whole group. Good discussion and well-experienced engineers.

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

I first had a phone interview where they asked me my background, my previous job experience and some projects I was envolved in. Later i had an onsite interview where 4 interviewers asked me more detailed technical questions.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Applied through a referral process, took about the week

Staff Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in April 2014.

I had very good experience with whole process. It was communicated properly and done on time. They had telephonic, then face2face and then HR interview. Hiring Manager was easy going and supportive.

Principal Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Excellent experience interviewing. Expectations were laid out clearly, and negotiations went quickly. Meeting staff and soon-to-be-coworkers was a pleasant and very informative process. Actually, my experience was exceptionally smooth because I worked for this man in a previous job 10 years ago, and he was ready to bring me in. That was behind a lot of it, plus the work I'd done to prepare and having had three interviews already that year with the company. Lots of groundwork laid, but in the end it wasn't all my doing.

Interview Questions
    • When can you start? I know, that's typically not what you'd expect, but for me, that was it. Like I said, they were ready to bring me in. They already knew me. Learning new material now on the job is tougher than any 'question' in the interview.   View Answer
    Quick and to the point. I had an offer verbally in two business days, and one 'in writing' (by email) in 5 busines days.