CVS Health Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Aug 11, 2014

2.5

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Clerk/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Anaheim, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CVS Health in August 2014.

I went ahead and applied online, It took about a week to get a phone call. The online application is pretty simple and to the point. I really liked the "virtual try-out" because I believe that gives the employer a good sense of what you are good at and your strong points. Wish more companies did that.

Interview Questions
    • He asked me "What is one situation where you were displeased as a CUSTOMER in a retailer?" I was no expecting that question at ALL it came out of left field for me completely.   View Answer
    There wasn't any negotiation, I have been looking for a job since June of last year so I didn't pass this up based on salary, etc.

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Beach, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at CVS Health.

I was interviewed twice over the phone and called into five separate interviews. One time the manager did not show up and his assistant "quasi-interviewed" me...not knowing I had an appointment. Two different managers told me the company was under a "reign of terror", that the job was terrible right now and that long term managers were being let go. A fourth manager was only vaguely interested... he asked the same question 3 times... how long I had actually held my last position.

I believe I had a lot to offer CVS. I am sorry that the morale is so low... I can not help that CVS bought the chain you were trained in and that you hate your employer. If things are so bad perhaps you need to have people conduct the interviews who represent your company better.

Pharmacy Technician Trainee/Pharmacy Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Anaheim, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CVS Health in May 2014.

I posted my resume on the CVS website and I received a call about 2 months later asking me to come in for an interview. The first woman I spoke to was very nice and I had to take a quick quiz about basic pharmacy tech stuff such as conversions and translating prescriptions. It was a very casual interview - she just asked me to tell her about myself and we talked about my personality to make sure I was able to handle customer service, then she said that she would submit my resume directly to the stores in her area that were hiring.

I got a call the next week from the pharmacist working in the store that needed a tech and I spoke to her and she just talked to me about the hours and any previous experience I had in a pharmacy and with customer service. She then told me to apply directly to her store and I received the email saying I got the job about 3 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself.

The interview was very casual but maybe I was just lucky and got a nice interviewer?
        Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Health in November 2013.

Must be personable, adaptive, show leadership experience,.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Fernando, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Fernando, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at CVS Health in August 2010.

I was a friend of a co-worker so it was very easy,it's who you know not your experience

Interview Questions
    • if hired will you still act professional with current co-worker   View Answer
    very easy because I know an employee and just needed a job

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodland Hills, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Health in October 2013.

Nowadays, many companies ask potential candidates to submit resume online. This process is like tossing a rock into a quicksand, and then straining and waiting patiently hoping to hear a splash. As a pharmacist, once you submitted/completed your application online, get some contact information (emails, phone numbers, etc.) to follow-up. This beats playing the waiting game and reduces the chance that your online application was lost in the shuffle.

Interview Questions
    • How do you address the issue of understaffing when the pharmacy is already understaffed and your current pharmacy staff repeatedly make the same, careless mistakes and expressed no desire to improve?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orange, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Health.

I interviewed with HR and then two interviews with several district managers.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if an employee told you they saw someone else stealing?   View Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orange, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CVS Health.

Approximately 2 interviews. Must complete online personality type of test and pass in order to get 1st interview.

Interview Questions
    • Different scenarios of how you would react to a customer.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days - interviewed at CVS Health in September 2010.

Apply online. Get an initial phone call which is brief. Set up time for interview. Sometimes there is only one with the field manager. There is a second interview, although only in rare instances.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you are a leader? Follow up question, why?   View Answer
    Fairly straightforward. Accepted the offer that was decent.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Health in October 2010.

DM will interview and half the stuff they say about promotions etc are lies.

No Negotiations

Worked for CVS Health? Contribute to the Community!