CVS Health

Updated 23 Nov, 2014
Updated 23 Nov, 2014

2.2

Pharmacist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CVS Health.

The interview was set up through my school with a bunch of other companies present. They made you fill out their application ahead of time. I only had the one interview, but I heard they called some people back for a second interview too. I interviewed with two people. I received an offer the next day, but some people still haven't heard anything (2.5 weeks later) and some people got an email stating that they think other candidates are better suited for the position. The offer includes your salary and other benefits, but they don't tell you the exact location that they want you to work. They also give you 30 days to respond to the offer. They were very friendly and the interview wasn't really intimidating at all. There were a few times where I forgot a word that I wanted to say and they helped me out without a problem.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected. The standard tell me about yourself of course and some other standard ones. There were a lot of scenario questions on how would you improve your business essentially. The most unexpected was along the lines of tell me about a time you had to adhere to/manage a budget, but other than that I feel like the questions weren't too unexpected.   Answer Question

I accepted an offer from another company.

Cashier Interview

i was looking for a part time position, and cvs was one of the first to call me back. Though i was nervous for the interview was easy. They asked very easy questions that were what a person should expect from an interview for a part time position. They replied back very promptly,and i was given the job. To prepare for the interview i would suggest looking at interview questions online to prepare as there was nothing out of the ordinary.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at CVS Health.

Pharmacist called my cell phone and asked a few questions. Asked why I wanted to work there and my job history. Asked basic questions like whether or not I am in school. Explained that the job is very fast pace and require a fast learner.

Pharmacist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CVS Health.

Interview took place at a career fair. The people were very nice and were actively looking to fill positions with new pharmacy graduates. It is best to know which areas are actually looking to hire that way you can interview with those looking to bring on new employees instead of just participating in the career fair. Process was very organized and well planned.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an employee that is very good at her job but comes in to work late and isn't very customer friendly.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CVS Health.

After applying, it took awhile to hear back. I waited at least a month or two before I finally got called in for an interview. But the interview itself though was fairly painless and overall laidback. The store manager was very nice and asked me basic questions, basically getting to know me as a person, some of my experiences, etc.. Then after the interview,the hiring process occurred straight afterwards and was quick.

Tech Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health.

Employee Referral went to HR. In few days, I received an email from a contractor recruiter. She scheduled a call but never called me on the scheduled day. In few days, she wrote back and said she was on a holiday and asked for my availability again. The re-scheduled call was again skipped without any communication from her. Email and call haven't been responded for 2 weeks+ now.

How unprofessional and disgusting their contractor recruiters are and they just ruin the company reputation.

By hiring contractors who are NOT suitable to do their basic job responsibilities (schedule phone interviews, communicating dates/times accurately, respecting candidate's time, and basic business courtesy) is a bad idea for CVS Health.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health.

Applied online at the company website. Received a call from their main offices in Woonsocket, RI to set up an interview at the pharmacy. Went for the interview and met with the store manager. Very informal and asked simple question like "Why CVS" and "what type of future do you see with this company?" Also asked some scheduling and availability questions but all very simple.

Interview Questions
    • How will you deal with rude customers and people that get upset if their prescriptions are not ready on time? How will you deal with the pressure and the demands of the pharmacy during peek hours?   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at CVS Health.

I came to CVS as a former Osco employee and my interview was long ago. I have had yearly reviews which are not that helpful and mostly give negative evaluations although customers and coworkers seem to be satisfied with the work I did

Pharmacy Service Associate Interview

I received an email from company recruiter with job description inviting to apply for the position, and instructions on how to apply. I followed the link followed instructions applied and advised recruiter of my completion. That same day I received a call from a associate recruiter with general on the phone interview questions. I was invited to attend a face to face with interview for the very next day with several supervisors at the Mount Prospect location I arrived at the location receptionist, very nice. Place was clean and friendly everyone smiling good sign. I expected to be there for 1 hr with a long panel of sups. I interviewed with two sups very nice but hard to read. We went over previous experience they explained the role, the schedule, and asked if I'm able to work the schedule and how soon I can start no situational questoins at all. The interview lasted about 15mins bad sign I left thinking I bombed that.. With no expectations at all I started to apply other places 2days later late evening while waiting to take a over the phone interview with another company which was scheduled from 7:15pm to 8:15pm I get a call at 7:30pm thinking its my over the phone interview I prepare then answer its the recruiter from CVS with an offer.

None

Senior Analyst Marketing Interview

The interview questions are mostly in the situational aspect (tell me about a time when...). If you are am internal candidate, the questions may not be as many as if you are am outside candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you managed a project from start to finish.   View Answer
    As an internal candidate, there is very little negotiation normally. Depending on the job or the department will determine if you get to negotiate for a higher bump than the standard 6%? They do not like to give two level bumps a lot of the time, but this can and has happened.
    as am external candidate, you have a lot more negotiating power. Leaving and coming back is one way to boost your salary and title.