CVS Caremark

Getting the Interview

39 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

North Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in June 2010.

Interview Details Was actually brought on board thanks in large part to a "referral" I received from a friend who already worked for the company. I had 1 phone interview and 1 "in person" interview.

Negotiation Details – Gave a salary range. They split the difference and I accepted their offer

Erie, PA (US)

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in November 2013.

Interview Details I started by doing online application and then doing a assessment test which is the standard personality profile. I had a face to face interview with two store managers and the questions were normal interview questions. The most unexpected part of the interview was that one manager seemed to be good cop while other was bad cop...where the one would say that the company is great, your personal life is respected, the other would say you work all the time usually just the manager and one employee and you work until your job is done even if it takes 16 hours. Really....these managers even took jabs at each other during the interview saying that one has no life outside of CVS anyways while the other said that's why you never get a bonus. The interview seemed to be more about the way these two were completely opposite then about me as the candidate.

Interview Question – None of the questions were overly difficult or unexpected...   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Based on the two store managers contradicting each other about the hours, pay, bonus and benefits, I felt that the company was in dysfunction, the hours would be lengthy 55 - 60 and the starting training pay would make you the most underpaid per hour worker in the store.

Orange, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details I interviewed with HR and then two interviews with several district managers.

Interview Question – What would you do if an employee told you they saw someone else stealing?   View Answer

Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in November 2012.

Interview Details You are contacted by a third party HR service for a phone interview first. Your second interview is typically with an experienced Store Manager. Your third and final interview is with a District Manager.

Interview Question – Really it was your usual questions that you would expect to get.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They put out an offer and I accepted it!

Very Easy Interview

Store Manager

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details No interview require. District Manager walked into the business I was working at and offered me a job.

Interview Question – No questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I informed them I would only accept the position if there was an increase in pay. There was no issue with this request. I also requested two weeks vacation up front. This was also easily done.

Interviewed at CVS Caremark

Interview Details I was promoted from cashier to shift supervisor and later to store manager. My interview was basically non-existent due to getting to know the district manager and showing him was I was capable of.

Interview Question – Be sure to know the "values" of CVS   Answer Question

Hatboro, PA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CVS Caremark in August 2010.

Interview Details Resume submitted to HR. Phone call came back in about a week. An interview with the HR personnel was scheduled for two days later. The interview took place in his office. Run-of-the-mill questions. The rep doing the interview seemed disinterested the entire time. They talked more about CVS than anything else. I received a call back about two days later for an interview with the district manager. The second interview took place in a tiny disheveled conference room. That lasted about 20 - 25 minutes. Questions mostly about where I was coming from and what I liked and disliked about them (I was coming from a competitor), a little about myself and then he asked if I had any questions. I received a call back about 5 days later with an offer.

Interview Question – There was nothing difficult or unexpected asked. It seemed like everyone was going through some predetermined process and did not deviate from the script.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much of a negotiation, there was a window between X and Y that they could offer, and coming in as a manager from a direct competitor they gave me Y (the high end).

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details Applied on line received a email a month later to schedule what they called a phone interview. after the 15 minute call which was just to confirm the info I put on my resume she stated that I would get a email if they want to continue. I did receive a email stating that they would like to continue but still waiting on a call/email and its been two weeks!!

Interview Question – nothing so far   Answer Question

Beaumont, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in January 2010.

Interview Details You go through three interviews if you are going for a manager in training job. One from corp and then two from a District Manager. Be prepared to talk about all your management skills etc

Interview Question – Nothing to out the norm   Answer Question

Store Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details took forever to get the process completed, then they expect you to know everything as soon as you start

Interview Question – how did you handle a bad situation at your previous job   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiations take it or leave the offer

Interviews for Top Jobs at CVS Caremark

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!

CVS Caremark – Why Work for Us?

Our Company CVS Caremark is a pharmacy innovation company that is reinventing pharmacy for better health. We are continuously developing new ways to improve access for patients, promote better health outcomes and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CVS Caremark Store Manager interview questions and advice. All 39 interview reviews posted anonymously by CVS Caremark employees and interview candidates.