CVS Caremark

Getting the Interview

25 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Warwick, RI (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in July 2013.

Interview Details The interview process was well orchestrated and executed. The company has a good sense of technology regarding the interview and hiring process. Everything was explained fully and the expectations were also outlined. Every manager from HR to Front Store was extremely helpful and very nice. Coordination between HR and the store was excellent too. I was never left to feel unsure about something or a task to complete regarding the hiring process.

Interview Question – Describe a previous job experience when you had to take care of an upset customer. How did you act and what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Relatively normal negotiations based off of experience and resume.

Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details I only had one interview. They were in desperate need, so it really wasn't hard to get the job.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Shift B Supervisor Interview

Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in September 2012.

Interview Details I e-mailed the district HR representative asking about a Management Trainee program I heard about through a classmate. We traded e-mails while we learned about each other before he told me he had no current openings, but there was an opening at a local store for the lowest-level "manager" that he could refer me to. I went to that interview and was hired the same day.

Interview Question – How do you deal with a rude or upset customer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much of one. I naively believed my Store manager when she told me if I proved I was good (and I did according to my co-workers), I would get a raise shortly. This left me willing to start a bit lower than I was hoping.

Shift Supervisor B

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CVS Caremark in January 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and did an assessment after filling out the application. A month later, I got a call from the manager on duty wanting to schedule an interview.

On the day/time I went into the interview, the Assistant Manager and Store Manager were both interviewing me. It was very impersonal and casual. The carpet in the back rooms seemed dirty, and everyone had to speak loudly because it was the room with the computers.

The managers said that there was room for promotions and raises in the company just by showing up on time to your shift. You figure that one out.

They said that the wage was $9.50/hr, non negotiable. As for job duties, they stated that as Shift Supervisor those would include the usual you'd expect, but also working some overnight shifts & cleaning the bathrooms. Lastly, they said if I didn't get a call back within the next 8-10 days meant I didn't get the job.

One whole month later (instead of a call like they said), they emailed me an offer for the position. However, in a month's time A LOT of things can change for someone job hunting. I had already found another better job.

The only explanation I can make for their lack of response was that I was the "2nd in line" for the position...and if the one they hired didn't fit the job, they still had me in consideration.

Overall, a pretty unprofessional job interview. But for a store like this, what did you expect?

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or memorable was asked.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The managers at this store assume that applicants are going to be sitting around waiting for an offer from them for over a month. I already found another better job. Also, I declined this job because it doesn't make a liveable wage even with a raise.

Crown Point, IN (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at CVS Caremark in February 2014.

Interview Details Applied online and was contacted the next day for an interview. After being contacted the interview was less than a week after. Being that I had a degree, the interview was very laid back (basically he was hiring me). Very fast process.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you handled an upset customer, what did you do? (after my answer) -> And what if that customer was still upset and you knew there was nothing you can do to please them?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They sent me an email offer. Not much wiggle room given it was hourly.

Interviewed at CVS Caremark

Interview Details Applied online at a store I had found out was hiring. I got a call a few days later from the store manager.

Interview Question – None it was pretty standard   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor B

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CVS Caremark in November 2013.

Interview Details I was contacted for an interview and was asked to come in within a few days. After speaking with management for about half an hour, we concluded the interview and moved on with our days. After 3 or 4 days I was called back and offered the position. Very fluid and quick turnaround time, very effecient.

Interview Question – There were not really any difficult questions as I have been in retail management for 15 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered what I originally asked for.

Lancaster, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details The application is solely done online and more than a bit confusing to find. The system the managers have to look for the application in is complicated, so interviews take so long to set up. Don't blame the manager, the computers in the office suck and the horrible hiring website is stupid.

Usually only one interview.

Interview Question – What does customer service mean to you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating when I was applying for cashier position.

Interviewed at CVS Caremark

Interview Details I bugged the Store Manager for a week until he gave me an interview, since everyone working there told me he liked persistence and I wanted to start in the summer to secure a job for during school. It was a typical interview: "Why CVS? Strengths/weaknesses? 5/10 year goals? Prior jobs? What would you do in X situation? How long do you want to be with CVS?" etc. There was also a sort of personality/assessment thing that I had to take with my online application.

Interview Question – For me it was "Why CVS?" just because I only knew that I liked them better than Walgreens since CVS' have always just looked nicer to me. But I'd never really shopped there before, so I kind of had to fudge my answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I just asked for minimum wage, being a high school student at the time, and he gave me $0.25 above it.

Shift Supervisor B

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CVS Caremark in October 2013.

Interview Details Applied through cvs website. Uploaded resume and cover letter. Didnt hear anything for about 2 months. Got call to come in for interview the next day. Went well. The store manager interviewed me and he was easy to talk to. Got an email offer that day for the job offer. Process has been quick. So far so good.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself but not work related.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I offered my last jobs salary and they closey matched it-which made me happy.

Interviews for Top Jobs at CVS Caremark

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!

CVS Caremark – Why Work for Us?

Our Company CVS Caremark is a pharmacy innovation company that is reinventing pharmacy for better health. We are continuously developing new ways to improve access for patients, promote better health outcomes and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CVS Caremark Shift Supervisor B interview questions and advice. All 25 interview reviews posted anonymously by CVS Caremark employees and interview candidates.