CVS Caremark

Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Store Manager Trainee
Long Beach, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details I was interviewed twice over the phone and called into five separate interviews. One time the manager did not show up and his assistant "quasi-interviewed" me...not knowing I had an appointment. Two different managers told me the company was under a "reign of terror", that the job was terrible right now and that long term managers were being let go. A fourth manager was only vaguely interested... he asked the same question 3 times... how long I had actually held my last position.

I believe I had a lot to offer CVS. I am sorry that the morale is so low... I can not help that CVS bought the chain you were trained in and that you hate your employer. If things are so bad perhaps you need to have people conduct the interviews who represent your company better.

Interview Question – Standard questions   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Trainee/Pharmacy Service Associate Interview

Pharmacy Technician Trainee/Pharmacy Service Associate
Anaheim, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CVS Caremark in May 2014.

Interview Details I posted my resume on the CVS website and I received a call about 2 months later asking me to come in for an interview. The first woman I spoke to was very nice and I had to take a quick quiz about basic pharmacy tech stuff such as conversions and translating prescriptions. It was a very casual interview - she just asked me to tell her about myself and we talked about my personality to make sure I was able to handle customer service, then she said that she would submit my resume directly to the stores in her area that were hiring.

I got a call the next week from the pharmacist working in the store that needed a tech and I spoke to her and she just talked to me about the hours and any previous experience I had in a pharmacy and with customer service. She then told me to apply directly to her store and I received the email saying I got the job about 3 days later.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.

The interview was very casual but maybe I was just lucky and got a nice interviewer?
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Pharmacist Interview

Pharmacist
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in November 2013.

Interview Details Must be personable, adaptive, show leadership experience,.

Interview Question – What are your plans in 5 years   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
San Fernando, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at CVS Caremark in August 2010.

Interview Details I was a friend of a co-worker so it was very easy,it's who you know not your experience

Interview Question – if hired will you still act professional with current co-worker   View Answer

Negotiation Details – very easy because I know an employee and just needed a job

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Staff Pharmacist
Woodland Hills, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in October 2013.

Interview Details Nowadays, many companies ask potential candidates to submit resume online. This process is like tossing a rock into a quicksand, and then straining and waiting patiently hoping to hear a splash. As a pharmacist, once you submitted/completed your application online, get some contact information (emails, phone numbers, etc.) to follow-up. This beats playing the waiting game and reduces the chance that your online application was lost in the shuffle.

Interview Question – How do you address the issue of understaffing when the pharmacy is already understaffed and your current pharmacy staff repeatedly make the same, careless mistakes and expressed no desire to improve?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician
Orange, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details Approximately 2 interviews. Must complete online personality type of test and pass in order to get 1st interview.

Interview Question – Different scenarios of how you would react to a customer.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Orange, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details I interviewed with HR and then two interviews with several district managers.

Interview Question – What would you do if an employee told you they saw someone else stealing?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Manager Interview

Manager
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at CVS Caremark in September 2010.

Interview Details Apply online. Get an initial phone call which is brief. Set up time for interview. Sometimes there is only one with the field manager. There is a second interview, although only in rare instances.

Interview Question – Do you think you are a leader? Follow up question, why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Fairly straightforward. Accepted the offer that was decent.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in October 2010.

Interview Details DM will interview and half the stuff they say about promotions etc are lies.

Interview Question – How do you compare Walgreens to CVS?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No Negotiations

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Laguna Niguel, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CVS Caremark in August 2009.

Interview Details Started as cashier. This company like to promote from with based on performance.
Dress professionally. Drug tested. ESTEEM qualification required.

Questions are what you would typically expect. Past job history, work ethic, conduct, etc.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!