CVS Caremark

Relevance Date Difficulty

Creative Services Advisor Interview

Creative Services Advisor
Northbrook, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in August 2014.

Interview Details I was pretty excited about this opportunity, even though the online JD was a bit vague. From what I read, I honestly thought I could be a good match for this position. There were a few items they were looking for in candidates where I knew I did not have experience, but I thought I was a really good fit for many of the other expectations. I was contacted via email by corporate HR within about a week of applying. Had a 1/2 hour interview with HR which went smoothly. They could not provide much detail about the position but noted that there would be about 10% travel to Rhode Island required which surprised me, but I was okay with it. I was contacted a few days later via email to schedule an in person interview with two team members. Upon the start of the interview it became very clear that the position posted and the actual role were totally different. I went into this interview believing I had applied for a position that managed a team (a working manager) and it turned out to not be true at all. And 50% of the creative work was PPT which was not once mentioned in the online JD or during the HR interview. Also, no travel needed. All very bizarre. Also, the first person interviewing me had received incorrect information about me from HR and clearly had not reviewed my resume prior to seeing me. The second person who interviewed me immediately asked me questions about where I lived. Clearly a HUGE HR no-no. I know that I did not interview that well for the position because I think I was really off my game after being side-swiped by all the miscommunications and misdirection. I also got a really bad vibe from the whole experience. I'm not sad that I didn't get the job.

Interview Question – What are people saying about you?   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor B Interview

Shift Supervisor B
Boston, MA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in October 2010.

Interview Details Filled out forms and a questionnaire (to determine personality type). Store manager then pulled up the job application and questionnaire results. Manager looked mostly for previous retail experience and for any red flags brought up by the questionnaire. If everything looked acceptable, the candidate is sent to another store for training / orientation while drug test results were processed.

Interview Question – What is the greatest impact this company has had on your life? (besides possible employment)   Answer Question

Certified Pharmacy Tech Interview

Certified Pharmacy Tech

I applied online and interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details The interview was easy and simple. I got a call to come in for an interview. When I went it, the pharmacist wasn't there so the lead pharmacy tech interviewed me. She just asked me basic questions such as, tell me about your previous work experience, pharmacy experience, and few easy questions.

Interview Question – The questions were mostly regarding my past work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They just sent me an email with all the information on it, so I accepted the offer by clicking on the link they provided and gave them my information.

Pharmacy Technician

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in July 2014.

Interview Details I filled out all online applicacations for various stores that hire and train. I was most impressed with the CVS Application process because it suggested to me excellent training. It also accurately assessed my fitness for the job.

Interview Question – My manager interviewed me and only asked 1 question. She asked me to tell her something about myself   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Interviewed at CVS Caremark

Interview Details I came in after school and sat down with the assistant manager. They asked me a few questions about myself and what I thought about the company as whole. The job was explained to me and they tell you what kind of benefits and hours I should expect to work. I was already assured the position before I got there so this was merely a formality.

Interview Question – When can you start?   Answer Question

I applied online and interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details After having my interview we agreed on my starting pay due to my lack of experience and education in the pharmacy field. Only disadvantage was some technicians had different starting pay rates with same experience.

Clerk/Cashier Interview

Clerk/Cashier
Anaheim, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CVS Caremark in August 2014.

Interview Details I went ahead and applied online, It took about a week to get a phone call. The online application is pretty simple and to the point. I really liked the "virtual try-out" because I believe that gives the employer a good sense of what you are good at and your strong points. Wish more companies did that.

Interview Question – He asked me "What is one situation where you were displeased as a CUSTOMER in a retailer?" I was no expecting that question at ALL it came out of left field for me completely.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation, I have been looking for a job since June of last year so I didn't pass this up based on salary, etc.

Pharmacy Tech Interview

Pharmacy Tech

I applied online and interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details I filled out an application online and was called in a few days later for the interview. I passed the personality assessment test and the background check as well. The interview was very easy

Interview Question – How does CVS increase it sales   View Answer

Clerk/Cashier Interview

Clerk/Cashier
Silver Spring, MD (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at CVS Caremark in August 2014.

Interview Details the interviewer was very informal. he did this so that I would be less nervous. he tried to create a friendly environment for me. he described the nature of my job. I

Interview Questions

Pharmacy Technician

I applied in-person and interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details I had a phone call from the pharmacist with a few questions, and we set up an in-person interview. The face-to-face interview was with the store manager and consisted of questions about my previous work experience and some behavioral questions. I was offered a job that day, pending a drug test.

Interview Question – Name a time when...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.. the pay was better than I expected.

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!