CEB Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.9

Web Content Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CEB.

Was contacted by the HR and scheduled a phone interview with them. Phone interview took about 30 minutes. Basic questions...describe your work experience and your skill set. Next was taking two different assessments. Says it isn't timed but it is. 30 questions each. 3 minutes per question. Questions were very specific and detailed, as if you needed to study beforehand in order to get them correct. Fortunately we were able to use google to find the answers. Still, it was ridiculous nonetheless and should not be an assessment that needs to be taken. Answers could be googled easily which proves that there would be no point as to why we need to memorize them. Finally I was scheduled to have two different interviews on the same day. They ended up pushing my interview 1 week back due to scheduling issues. I had to keep constantly asking them about my appointment with them. That right now, looked bad already. I was the one who was pushing. They were behind and failed to contact me themselves. Poor organization.

Have gone to the company ahead of time to scope out the place so that I know where to go when the time comes. Was prepared.

My first interview went well. However, the problem occurred in the following interview. The interviewer had poor organization and lacked punctuality. That right there, made me question whether or not I wanted to work for someone like that.

Two days after my interviews, I received an automated email saying that after deep consideration, they decided to go with a different candidate.

I emailed them again, trying to be a good sport and asked if they could provide some feedback on my interview and as to why I didn't get it.

They said, unfortunately it is against their policy to do such thing..

Bad company. Couldn't even tell me why they rejected me.

I would not want to work for a company like that.

Research Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at CEB.

This is a detailed account of my experiences with CEB's interview process.

I was contacted through LinkedIn by a CEB recruiter. We scheduled a phone interview. The recruiter was very friendly and we had a great conversation about my experiences and how they would fit within CEB. At the end of the call she determined that I was qualified to apply for the Research Consultant opening at their Arlington, VA office. She asked me to apply for the position and then send her an email to let her know I had submitted-explaining that this would flag my application for her.

Two weeks went by and I received an email from the recruiter. However it was worded in a manner that suggested that she did not remember our previous conversation. When I responded I made sure I said "I am looking forward to continuing our conversation." We had a great conversation (approx. 45 mins) and she said she was going to elevate me to the next stages of the process and that she would get back to me soon.

Another two weeks went by and I received a call, middle of the afternoon, from a different recruiter. She was calling to let me know that the first recruiter was "no longer with CEB" and that she was "picking up the pieces." Okay... She then went into asking me interview questions; many of which I had already answered with the first recruiter (this is to be expected sometimes but I am including it so others know what to expect). About 10 minutes into the call she says "Oh, I guess I should have asked you if this was a good time to talk." At the end of this call she informed me that they were going to send me some tests to take.

She told me the name of the person sending the tests and asked that after finishing I email both of them to let them know.

I received a Raven's Progressive Matrices test and a Hogan API personality assessment.

After finishing these I emailed both individuals and didn't hear back for a week. I then received an email from another person inviting me for an in-person interview in Arlington. She CC'd another person on the email "who would be coordinating my interview" and asked that I respond to both individuals with my availability to interview.

I was told, "She will also send you information with regards to booking travel."

I responded with my availability (which was flexible) and about a week later received my interview time slot. About 2 hours later she wrote back and changed the time. When I received the email it did not contain any information about booking travel. However the email encouraged me to ask any questions.

I responded that I was looking forward to the interview and had marked my calendar for (insert date and time here). I also asked about receiving the information in regards to booking travel.

8 days went by, no response. This is now 6 days from my supposed interview. No travel arrangements. No further contact.

I withdrew from the interview process. VERY unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were mostly related to skills and experiences. Easy.   Answer Question

Account Management Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at CEB.

Phone interview, standardized verbal test online, online personality test, another brief phone conversation, in-person interview with two full-time employees at headquarters. Long periods of time between each stage. All of the interviews were behavioral. "Tell me about a time when...".

Reps were consistently late on stated deadlines, even the actual in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were cast from the same mold. Nothing out of the ordinary.   View Answer

Benefits Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at CEB.

After applying online, recruiting manager reached out to me via email. We then set up a phone screen. After the call being very late, I felt that the call was very scripted and rushed. Worst phone screen I have ever had. After I realized that I was not interested in the position and we ended the call, I got a rejection email a few minutes later. Such a waste of time

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CEB in December 2013.

Very quick and friendly process if I can say. The process went very fast once started . I have to add that I was contacted more than 3 weeks after applying

Basic

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CEB in February 2014.

Pretty simple, email of interest, took forever getting in contact afterwards, but might have been because of snow and weather. Then phone interview walking through resume, then invitation for 3 hour in person interview. Three rounds with mid-level execs, 2 hours behavioral, one case study. Nothing particularly difficult, just situations and how i would deal with them, past experiences, rewarding skills and preferred work habits.

Interview Questions
    • A company is patenting eye drops that cure nearsightedness for a month. How would you advise them to roll out the product?   Answer Question
    Coming out of public sector, they named a number way higher than I had considered, and I accepted it.

Manager, Digital Products and Innovation Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CEB in January 2014.

Applied through the website in early January 2013. Was contacted by someone in HR. Had a 30 minute phone interview. Heard back quickly and was brought in for an interview. I was told who I would be interviewing with (3 people) and interview went really well. Then I did not hear back from them for several weeks. Finally, about 3-4 weeks later (after many follow up e-mails that went unanswered) I heard that everyone loved me and the interview went really well, but they had an internal candidate apply. They told me they had another position opening up that they wanted me for and I followed up consistently for the next month and never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think would be the hardest part for you transitioning into this role?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CEB in June 2014.

Interview process took around 2 months. I had to contact them a couple of times in order to get an update on my application. Went to a final interview and was told that I would be contacted within 3-4 days. However, I did not get any feedback at all. I tried contacting them a couple of times and even got in touch with the HR who was responsible for my application. I was told that she would call back by the end of the day and she didn't...

Interview Questions

CEB - Associate Business Development and Account Management (Graduate) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CEB in June 2014.

I applied through the Graduate Recruitment Bureau in late May and received an email for scheduling a phone interview mid-June. The phone interview went alright, I knew I wasn't prepared as much as I could have. She asked questions about my background, why I'd want to integrate CEB, what I knew about the company, where I'd see myself in the future, and questions like "Tell me about a time where you had to face X (conflict, difficulty, etc.) and how did you handle the situation?". Overall the interview went well. Two weeks later I received another email to complete online assessments: verbal reasoning, situational judgement and personality test. And then another two weeks after that I was invited to join CEB headquarters in London for an assessment centre. I declined because I had an equally important opportunity around the same dates in Geneva.

Interview Questions
    • How would you prepare if you had to contact a senior manager through cold calling?   View Answer

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CEB in April 2013.

I applied on Linkedin, had a phone interview scheduled an hour later. Was invited to the office for an in person interview, then for a phone interview with the MD of the department. Got the offer that day. However, there were several questions I asked that I feel I was mislead on:

1. Was there Mandatory Overtime in the position?
    Answer: "No, we do not require mandatory overtime."
    Reality: I have been on several projects that required 12+ hour days multiple days a week that were "Something you should be doing in your position."

2. What is the turnover rate in the company?
    Answer: "I'm not sure, but usually people move up and not out."
    Reality: In my role, I am responsible for starters and leavers for my region. A lot of people don't last more than 30 days, maybe even as many as 35%

3. What is the likelihood of moving up in the company?
    Answer: "We like to promote from the inside, so really good."
    Reality: "I am working with a man who has been with the company for 13 years, 7 of them in the role that I was hired for on day one on a two man team managed by someone in the UK."

Interview Questions

Worked for CEB? Contribute to the Community!