CEB Interview Questions

Updated 22 Sep, 2014
Updated 22 Sep, 2014

2.9

Web Content Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CEB.

Was contacted by the HR and scheduled a phone interview with them. Phone interview took about 30 minutes. Basic questions...describe your work experience and your skill set. Next was taking two different assessments. Says it isn't timed but it is. 30 questions each. 3 minutes per question. Questions were very specific and detailed, as if you needed to study beforehand in order to get them correct. Fortunately we were able to use google to find the answers. Still, it was ridiculous nonetheless and should not be an assessment that needs to be taken. Answers could be googled easily which proves that there would be no point as to why we need to memorize them. Finally I was scheduled to have two different interviews on the same day. They ended up pushing my interview 1 week back due to scheduling issues. I had to keep constantly asking them about my appointment with them. That right now, looked bad already. I was the one who was pushing. They were behind and failed to contact me themselves. Poor organization.

Have gone to the company ahead of time to scope out the place so that I know where to go when the time comes. Was prepared.

My first interview went well. However, the problem occurred in the following interview. The interviewer had poor organization and lacked punctuality. That right there, made me question whether or not I wanted to work for someone like that.

Two days after my interviews, I received an automated email saying that after deep consideration, they decided to go with a different candidate.

I emailed them again, trying to be a good sport and asked if they could provide some feedback on my interview and as to why I didn't get it.

They said, unfortunately it is against their policy to do such thing..

Bad company. Couldn't even tell me why they rejected me.

I would not want to work for a company like that.

Web Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CEB in September 2014.

Interview consisted of 4 rounds:-
    1) Communications Round- they will check your communication skills.
    2) Written test- checking of your written ability
    3) Technical/coding Test- HTML,CSS,Core Java, JSP etc.
    4) Personal Interview- One of the senior will have a word with you and also ask some technical and tricky questions.

Interview Questions
    • Writing a simple code in C++ of adding 2 numbers but the value should not be in numericals.   View Answer

Research Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at CEB.

This is a detailed account of my experiences with CEB's interview process.

I was contacted through LinkedIn by a CEB recruiter. We scheduled a phone interview. The recruiter was very friendly and we had a great conversation about my experiences and how they would fit within CEB. At the end of the call she determined that I was qualified to apply for the Research Consultant opening at their Arlington, VA office. She asked me to apply for the position and then send her an email to let her know I had submitted-explaining that this would flag my application for her.

Two weeks went by and I received an email from the recruiter. However it was worded in a manner that suggested that she did not remember our previous conversation. When I responded I made sure I said "I am looking forward to continuing our conversation." We had a great conversation (approx. 45 mins) and she said she was going to elevate me to the next stages of the process and that she would get back to me soon.

Another two weeks went by and I received a call, middle of the afternoon, from a different recruiter. She was calling to let me know that the first recruiter was "no longer with CEB" and that she was "picking up the pieces." Okay... She then went into asking me interview questions; many of which I had already answered with the first recruiter (this is to be expected sometimes but I am including it so others know what to expect). About 10 minutes into the call she says "Oh, I guess I should have asked you if this was a good time to talk." At the end of this call she informed me that they were going to send me some tests to take.

She told me the name of the person sending the tests and asked that after finishing I email both of them to let them know.

I received a Raven's Progressive Matrices test and a Hogan API personality assessment.

After finishing these I emailed both individuals and didn't hear back for a week. I then received an email from another person inviting me for an in-person interview in Arlington. She CC'd another person on the email "who would be coordinating my interview" and asked that I respond to both individuals with my availability to interview.

I was told, "She will also send you information with regards to booking travel."

I responded with my availability (which was flexible) and about a week later received my interview time slot. About 2 hours later she wrote back and changed the time. When I received the email it did not contain any information about booking travel. However the email encouraged me to ask any questions.

I responded that I was looking forward to the interview and had marked my calendar for (insert date and time here). I also asked about receiving the information in regards to booking travel.

8 days went by, no response. This is now 6 days from my supposed interview. No travel arrangements. No further contact.

I withdrew from the interview process. VERY unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were mostly related to skills and experiences. Easy.   Answer Question

Account Management Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at CEB.

Phone interview, standardized verbal test online, online personality test, another brief phone conversation, in-person interview with two full-time employees at headquarters. Long periods of time between each stage. All of the interviews were behavioral. "Tell me about a time when...".

Reps were consistently late on stated deadlines, even the actual in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were cast from the same mold. Nothing out of the ordinary.   View Answer

Benefits Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at CEB.

After applying online, recruiting manager reached out to me via email. We then set up a phone screen. After the call being very late, I felt that the call was very scripted and rushed. Worst phone screen I have ever had. After I realized that I was not interested in the position and we ended the call, I got a rejection email a few minutes later. Such a waste of time

Research Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at CEB.

I was contacted by a CEB Recruiter via Linked In (unsolicited). The recruiter asked if I was interested in learning more about potential opportunities that might fit my background. We chatted a bit about CEB, my skills, and the recruiter recommended that I submit my resume for a Research Consultant position via CEB's online portal. The recruiter seemed very interested in my skills and was engaging, and asked that I get back in touch when I had submitted my resume online. I submitted my resume online and emailed back to let the recruiter know but never heard back again. Disappointing experience overall, but does not seem unique after looking at the other reviews on CEB. Poor (no) follow up... reflects very badly on the firm. I will not be pursuing future opportunities with CEB.

Business Development/Account Management Associate Interview

Referred by a friend who works there, step 1 was your basic phone interview, step 2 was an online assessment that was similar to an SAT Reading test, and step 3 you get invited in for a final round interview

Interview Questions
    • Pretty common questions: name a time when you didn't get the result you wanted and worked to get that result   Answer Question

Business Development/Account Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CEB.

Phone Interview - More than average walk me through your resume etc.; the interviewer asked a few behavioral questions so be ready. 2 Online Assessments, 1 Reading Test and 1 Personality Test. Interview in person with 2 people; easy and casual. Offer extended a little over a week later. Recruiter was helpful and sent a lot of material to help prepare for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • All Behavioral Questions. Go to the Interview Toolkit on their website under the Career section - all of the behavioral questions were on the list. Follow CAR method and practice talking over your answers before the interview. The questions are very detailed/ specific but if you prepare you will be fine.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Sales Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at CEB.

Phone screen with recruiter, online assessment, long 3 hour in person interview with hiring managers. Role play included. Not too difficult however. First part is behavioral questions, then an hour to prepare for role play, then role play and feedback/questions.

Interview Questions

CEB - Associate Business Development and Account Management (Graduate) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CEB in June 2014.

I applied through the Graduate Recruitment Bureau in late May and received an email for scheduling a phone interview mid-June. The phone interview went alright, I knew I wasn't prepared as much as I could have. She asked questions about my background, why I'd want to integrate CEB, what I knew about the company, where I'd see myself in the future, and questions like "Tell me about a time where you had to face X (conflict, difficulty, etc.) and how did you handle the situation?". Overall the interview went well. Two weeks later I received another email to complete online assessments: verbal reasoning, situational judgement and personality test. And then another two weeks after that I was invited to join CEB headquarters in London for an assessment centre. I declined because I had an equally important opportunity around the same dates in Geneva.

Interview Questions
    • How would you prepare if you had to contact a senior manager through cold calling?   View Answer

Worked for CEB? Contribute to the Community!