CEB

Updated 19 Nov, 2014
Updated 19 Nov, 2014

2.9

BDX (Specialist) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holborn, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holborn, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB.

They are not at all honest during this process. The exaggerate the learning curve, responsibility, progression opportunity and commission.They like to give under qualified people totally overblown job titles. If you are interviewing as an external candidate with experience, the 'Director' that you are partnered with may have less experience or education than you.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions asked by them. Just make sure that you are asking the right questions according to your own needs, and make sure that you are getting full answers to them. Do not assume anything to be the case without clarifying.   Answer Question
    No negotiation as they have specific pay grades that apply to every level.

Business Development Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CEB in November 2014.

First interview was a standard behavioral interview. Final Round interview was a video call interview that was also a behavioral interview.They usually get back to you within the week. Preparing for this interview is pretty standard if you read the questions they send you.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions are not that hard as long as your prepare,   Answer Question

Business Development/Account Management Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CEB in November 2014.

The interview process was relatively straight forward. I first had a 30 minute phone screening followed by two assessments (one personality, one analytical) and then was asked to come in for a 2:1 panel interview. The majority of the questions asked for each interview were behavioral (posted on their website via the Interview Toolkit page). Overall, it was a positive experience and the interview was more conversational rather than interrogative. Be sure to come with your prepared experiences in the STAR format.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you had to sell an idea or convince someone to go through with something. (STAR format)   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

The interview occured via webcam. There were multiple technical issues that lead to the interview to turn into a phone interview. The questions were very common for a behavioral interview. They have a certain way they want you to answer their questions. They want you to explain the situation, tell them about your actions, and then tell them what the result was. They will often ask rephrasing questions if you don't abide by that format.

Key Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB.

Initially a phone "screening" interview where there are standard questions including "why are you interested in working for us?", to which there seems to be only one answer, "career advancement". Based on that a F2F, CV interview with the internal recruiter is arranged at their offices in Holborn. Upon entering the building you can feel the seriousness straight away. They are very hospitable and smiley people, and give you a warm welcome which is pleasing. After the first F2F (yes, the first) the next stage is an online personality test which I did at home, I was given 3 days to submit this. Next, you are sent a Word doc. asking you to detail experiences you have had based on certain scenarios using their STAR technique. You have 5 days to submit this. The final stage is a 3 hour meeting, part 1 is where you get to meet one of the decision makers and go through your CV again and a general Q&A, part 2 is where you are given a scenario and need to plan for a sales meeting with a client to sell them a CEB membership, and the 3rd hour is the sales meeting itself with the person from part 1, acting as the aforementioned client.

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CEB.

They had 2 parts to the interview- an hour long behavioral part and an hour long case study. I talked casually with my interviewer for 10 minutes, then she asked 6 straightforward behavioral questions (they care a lot about how you would fit into the company so be prepared to talk about your experiences with other people, your leadership skills, etc) and then I asked questions for the last 10 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Think of a time when you and someone very different than you had to get along to achieve a higher goal? how did you deal with this problem and were you successful?   View Answer

Account Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB.

Applied online then recieved an initial phone call and was invited to go onsite for second interview. Went for the second interview where there was two rounds, one with my "manager" and the next was with the actual director of the team I would be working with. Notified me be the end of the week .

No Negotiation

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CEB in October 2014.

I applied through my campus career center. The process took about a month. The application itself is your standard resume + cover letter deal. I also met people from CEB at our university's career fair and scheduled a coffee meeting with the recruiter. I think this was really helpful for me in securing an interview, because the company stresses that they hire based on personality as well as resume/GPA. So chatting more with the recruiter let her decide if I would be able to "fit" with the company.

After reviewing resumes, the recruiting team reached out to me and asked me to complete an online assessment as well as for an in-person interview. The assessment had to be completed at some point prior to the interview. The assessment had some math/logic questions and also some aptitude and personality questions to gauge the type of worker that I am. It is very clear that CEB cares about office culture.

There is only one "round" of interviews. This took place on campus. It's an hour-long fit interview followed by an hour-long case interview. The fit is very standard in terms of the types of questions. The case was also pretty easy, compared to most other case interviews I've done. So if you've prepped yourself for the case, you will definitely be fine.

It took CEB about 1.5 weeks to get back to me after the interview, and they invited me to a "welcome day" in their office. The odd thing was that while I was invited to the welcome day about a week in advance, they did not extend a formal offer to me until the day before I flew to the CEB office. I don't know why that's their protocol, it seemed a bit odd to me and to other people whom I know received offers. But I digress--the key takeaway here is that a welcome day does equal an offer, even though they don't tell you at first.

The interviewers were lovely people, and the recruiting team was super helpful. Everyone at CEB clearly cares about what they do and also about the people with whom they work. Each person I met seemed to be genuinely happy. It seems like a great place to work.

Interview Questions
    • "Which do you value more: submitting a project/assignment on time, or submitting perfect work?"   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CEB.

The interview process contains a skill test, often followed by two rounds of interview (can be three in some cases). The skill test contains one excel assignment, and a research document that you'll have to summarize. The first interview would usually be with someone from the HR department. They would basically ask a few questions around your resume. On qualifying, the second round would be with a member of your team based in the local office. This would be a technical round where you can expect a few domain specific questions. Folks applying for quant profiles can expect some excel related questions. This is followed by either an in-person or a telephonic interview (depending on the location of your team's senior leadership) with a senior member of the global team. This is usually a 45 minute interview, and one can expect a few questions around previous work-experience, a few guesstimates and case questions.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were fairly simple. I think I messed up one of the guesstimates.   Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CEB.

Phone interview with HR rep, then follow up interview at DC office. I was told that the original position I had applied for had been filled and that I was interviewing for a different, similar position. I Interviewed with a senior associate and her manager. Questions were basic and not really tailored to the description of the job, interviewer did not seem very experienced at interviewing. Interviewed on a Friday, was told on Monday that job was filled by another candidate.
    I honestly think the position was filled before I interviewed by that is just my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, basic questions with very little follow up or feed back. Did not really have a good connection with interviewer.   Answer Question