CEB

178 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Benefits Specialist Interview

Benefits Specialist

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CEB.

Interview Details After applying online, recruiting manager reached out to me via email. We then set up a phone screen. After the call being very late, I felt that the call was very scripted and rushed. Worst phone screen I have ever had. After I realized that I was not interested in the position and we ended the call, I got a rejection email a few minutes later. Such a waste of time

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CEB in December 2013.

Interview Details Very quick and friendly process if I can say. The process went very fast once started . I have to add that I was contacted more than 3 weeks after applying

Interview Question – Received a test to work on for 2 weeks   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Basic

Manager, Digital Products and Innovation Interview

Manager, Digital Products and Innovation

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CEB in January 2014.

Interview Details Applied through the website in early January 2013. Was contacted by someone in HR. Had a 30 minute phone interview. Heard back quickly and was brought in for an interview. I was told who I would be interviewing with (3 people) and interview went really well. Then I did not hear back from them for several weeks. Finally, about 3-4 weeks later (after many follow up e-mails that went unanswered) I heard that everyone loved me and the interview went really well, but they had an internal candidate apply. They told me they had another position opening up that they wanted me for and I followed up consistently for the next month and never heard back.

Interview Question – What do you think would be the hardest part for you transitioning into this role?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CEB in February 2014.

Interview Details Pretty simple, email of interest, took forever getting in contact afterwards, but might have been because of snow and weather. Then phone interview walking through resume, then invitation for 3 hour in person interview. Three rounds with mid-level execs, 2 hours behavioral, one case study. Nothing particularly difficult, just situations and how i would deal with them, past experiences, rewarding skills and preferred work habits.

Interview Question – A company is patenting eye drops that cure nearsightedness for a month. How would you advise them to roll out the product?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Coming out of public sector, they named a number way higher than I had considered, and I accepted it.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CEB in June 2014.

Interview Details Interview process took around 2 months. I had to contact them a couple of times in order to get an update on my application. Went to a final interview and was told that I would be contacted within 3-4 days. However, I did not get any feedback at all. I tried contacting them a couple of times and even got in touch with the HR who was responsible for my application. I was told that she would call back by the end of the day and she didn't...

Interview Question – cold calling   Answer Question

CEB - Associate Business Development and Account Management (Graduate) Interview

CEB - Associate Business Development and Account Management (Graduate)
London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CEB in June 2014.

Interview Details I applied through the Graduate Recruitment Bureau in late May and received an email for scheduling a phone interview mid-June. The phone interview went alright, I knew I wasn't prepared as much as I could have. She asked questions about my background, why I'd want to integrate CEB, what I knew about the company, where I'd see myself in the future, and questions like "Tell me about a time where you had to face X (conflict, difficulty, etc.) and how did you handle the situation?". Overall the interview went well. Two weeks later I received another email to complete online assessments: verbal reasoning, situational judgement and personality test. And then another two weeks after that I was invited to join CEB headquarters in London for an assessment centre. I declined because I had an equally important opportunity around the same dates in Geneva.

Interview Question – How would you prepare if you had to contact a senior manager through cold calling?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

IT Specialist Interview

IT Specialist
Arlington, VA (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CEB in April 2013.

Interview Details I applied on Linkedin, had a phone interview scheduled an hour later. Was invited to the office for an in person interview, then for a phone interview with the MD of the department. Got the offer that day. However, there were several questions I asked that I feel I was mislead on:

1. Was there Mandatory Overtime in the position?
Answer: "No, we do not require mandatory overtime."
Reality: I have been on several projects that required 12+ hour days multiple days a week that were "Something you should be doing in your position."

2. What is the turnover rate in the company?
Answer: "I'm not sure, but usually people move up and not out."
Reality: In my role, I am responsible for starters and leavers for my region. A lot of people don't last more than 30 days, maybe even as many as 35%

3. What is the likelihood of moving up in the company?
Answer: "We like to promote from the inside, so really good."
Reality: "I am working with a man who has been with the company for 13 years, 7 of them in the role that I was hired for on day one on a two man team managed by someone in the UK."

Interview Question – Are you an organized person?   Answer Question

Research Consultant Interview

Research Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at CEB.

Interview Details I was contacted by a CEB Recruiter via Linked In (unsolicited). The recruiter asked if I was interested in learning more about potential opportunities that might fit my background. We chatted a bit about CEB, my skills, and the recruiter recommended that I submit my resume for a Research Consultant position via CEB's online portal. The recruiter seemed very interested in my skills and was engaging, and asked that I get back in touch when I had submitted my resume online. I submitted my resume online and emailed back to let the recruiter know but never heard back again. Disappointing experience overall, but does not seem unique after looking at the other reviews on CEB. Poor (no) follow up... reflects very badly on the firm. I will not be pursuing future opportunities with CEB.

Business Development/Account Management Associate Interview

Business Development/Account Management Associate

Interviewed at CEB

Interview Details Referred by a friend who works there, step 1 was your basic phone interview, step 2 was an online assessment that was similar to an SAT Reading test, and step 3 you get invited in for a final round interview

Interview Question – Pretty common questions: name a time when you didn't get the result you wanted and worked to get that result   Answer Question

Business Development/Account Management Associate Interview

Business Development/Account Management Associate
Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CEB.

Interview Details Phone Interview - More than average walk me through your resume etc.; the interviewer asked a few behavioral questions so be ready. 2 Online Assessments, 1 Reading Test and 1 Personality Test. Interview in person with 2 people; easy and casual. Offer extended a little over a week later. Recruiter was helpful and sent a lot of material to help prepare for the interview.

Interview Question – All Behavioral Questions. Go to the Interview Toolkit on their website under the Career section - all of the behavioral questions were on the list. Follow CAR method and practice talking over your answers before the interview. The questions are very detailed/ specific but if you prepare you will be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Worked for CEB? Contribute to the Community!