CEB

152 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Management Associate Interview

Washington, DC (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CEB in September 2013.

Interview Details fairly easy

Interview Question – there wasnt really one, just be prepared   Answer Question

Research Consultant Interview

Arlington, VA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CEB in March 2014.

Interview Details As others have stated - three steps in the process, an initial interview with a recruiter, completing some online assessments, and then three 1-hour in-person interviews. The in-person interview consisted of a thought question, the standard behavioral interview, and then an exercise where I had to read an article and come up with a predictive model. Everyone was very nice and took the time to answer my questions. The HR process was strange. I was eventually told after many follow-ups on my part that I did well in the interview but they'd already filled the position. I was told to keep in touch in case future positions opened up. It took quite a while for me to get this answer out of HR. As a result, I didn't get a very positive impression of the company. I've not heard wonderful things about the company from others, as well as from the ratings on glassdoor so it's just as well.

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CEB.

Interview Details Did two phone interviews and then an in person interview. Two phone interviews lasted around 30 minutes each, the in person lasted for about an hour and a half. The in person went very well and I was told to expect a call back within a week. I sent follow up emails to my interviewers thanking them, but never heard anything back. I emailed them, along with my HR contact, a week later but never heard a thing. Pretty rude honestly, I drove 3 hours for the interview and the night before they moved my interview from 3pm to 11am. Frankly I'm glad I didn't get the job but I was still peeved never hearing anything from them.

Interview Question – The questions aren't difficult but they require you to really think in depth about past experiences, and have multiple takeaways from them.   Answer Question

Director of Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CEB.

Interview Details Typical scenario-based questions as well as resume and experience questions - Interview with 3-5 managers

Interview Question – Give us specific example of X   View Answer

Negotiation Details – negotiated with HR, was able to get a signing bonus

Very Easy Interview

Business Development Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CEB in January 2013.

Interview Details Submitted resume, met at career fair and phone interview.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you worked on a team   Answer Question

Business Development Associate
Arlington, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CEB in January 2014.

Interview Details I applied online, was contacted by a recruiter, one phone interview, invited to their interview day and flown out, then had a day of presentations and at the end a building tour, which they call a job shadow, and a 2:1 interview.

Interview Question – how did you determine someone's values and use them as a way to close a sale   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CEB in January 2014.

Interview Details two on the phone interviews and an in face interview with 2 of their hiring managers. courteous people on all accounts and the recruiter is flexible and willing to work with you through the entire process

Interview Question – unexpected question was what have you done for a coworker that made their lives easier?   Answer Question

Account Management Representative Interview

Account Management Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CEB.

Interview Details Several 1:1 personality interviews with spectrum of managers (direct & senior)

Interview Question – Nothing exceptionally tricky, charisma goes a long way.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very little room for negotiation. Base is compartively low, incentive pacakages are attractive, but deceiving - 40% goes straight into Uncle Sam's pocket

Survey Interview

Rochester, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at CEB in February 2014.

Interview Details I had a phone interview with HR and felt is was very scripted. She was clearly reading and doing it at a extremely fast speed. So fast that I had to ask her to repeat herself several times. The interviewer also stated that I would hear back if I was to, receive a face-to-face or if they were going to pass on me. It's been almost three weeks. I decided that if I were to get an offer, I would decline.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult at all, in fact, I feel the only question asked was; what have you done with your past/current employer that you are proud of? It was mostly reviewing my resume.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CEB in January 2014.

Interview Details Applied online for the position through the company website and was contacted within a week to schedule a phone screen with a recruiter. The recruiter sent the link to an assessment to complete online.

Interview Question – Typical questions - strengths/ weaknesses/ tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at CEB

Worked for CEB? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CEB interview questions and advice. All 152 interview reviews are posted anonymously by CEB employees and interview candidates.