CDW

Getting the Interview

70 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDW in March 2011.

Interview Details First, I had a phone interview with a recruiter. They asked the typical questions, and then said there was no room at the office in Chicago and I would have to go on a waiting list, or I could apply for the Vernon Hills location right away. I told them I would rather wait to interview for the Chicago office. I was then called the next day to schedule an interview for the Chicago office, so apparently they were just trying to get people to apply for the Vernon Hills office. I was then brought in for a face to face interview with the person who would become my manager. She asked typical interview questions as well, no curveballs. I was offered a position on the spot, 25K base plus commission.

Interview Question – Why do you think you would be a good fit in sales?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CDW.

Interview Details Applied and called within a week. Had a phone interview, then called two weeks later to set up an in person interview. Declined their offer.

Interview Question – Where will you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Mettawa, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDW.

Interview Details A couple of short phone conversations, then face to face with hiring manager

Interview Question – nothing was difficult, its a job mainly for college kids so no real curve balls   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at CDW in June 2010.

Interview Details How do you handle rejection?

Interview Question – How do you fit in with the company   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Manager
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at CDW.

Interview Details I applied online on their website and received a phone call the next day to set up a phone interview. The recruiter was extremely friendly and helped me out through the process. After the first interview I was offered an opportunity for a skype interview. This second interview was about a month later. The questions were based on past experiences and behavioral based questions

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. when was a time you had to sell something to someone or had to change someone's mind about something.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDW in December 2013.

Interview Details Phone interview- about 20 minutes. Next step- interview by hiring manager. Lots of behavioral based questions. You must be familiar with these if you are going to get hired. Interview lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Question – Mainly just behavioral questions relating to past work experience to predict future work experience   Answer Question

Configuration Technician Interview

Configuration Technician
Vernon Hills, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDW.

Interview Details The process began with a technician hiring representative. Then, it escalated to a second interview with one of the technical dept. manager/supervisor. The experience, at that time, was very cordial.

Interview Question – It has been many years. I don't remember any specific question. However, they were, probably, typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It appears everyone started at the same rate with no experience.

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDW in March 2010.

Interview Details This was a very easy interview process. They are only looking to hire those with little experience due to extensive training program. If you are able to carry yourself professionally and with an ambitious attitude the job is yours.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CDW in June 2012.

Interview Details Very easy and painless. Submit to two rounds of phone interviews before sitting down with your would-be manager to answer questions and align goals. Manager will offer the job on the spot with 24-hours to accept. Once hired, you are expected to submit to 3-months of classroom training, then an additional 4-months of 'academy' training.

Interview Question – If you could buy any kind of car, what car would that be? And why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDW in June 2010.

Interview Details Phone interview then met with the recruiter. Took a tour of the office and then met with a manager 1on1.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions read off a piece of paper.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation-take it or leave it

Interviews for Top Jobs at CDW

Worked for CDW? Contribute to the Community!

CDW Videos

CDW – Why Work for Us?

​​Companies today are only as strong as the technology that supports them. That's where we come in. At CDW, we go far beyond delivering high-tech products. We provide customized services. And we deliver solutions… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CDW interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 70 interview reviews posted anonymously by CDW employees and interview candidates.