CDW

69 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Mettawa, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDW.

Interview Details A couple of short phone conversations, then face to face with hiring manager

Interview Question – nothing was difficult, its a job mainly for college kids so no real curve balls   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Senior Site Strategist Interview

Vernon Hills, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CDW in February 2014.

Interview Details I was originally contacted by recruiter Cara DeDera Dean to find out my interest in an open ecommerce position that I was qualified for. Cara quickly proceeded to set up a phone screen interview whereby further job description and company background information was explained to me in greater detail. At that time I answered questions and asked a few specific questions which Cara answered with thoroughness and a full range of knowledge. Cara contacted me soon after the phone interview and scheduled a face to face interview with the site experience manager and a few members of his team. The interview was conducted with professionalism and all of my questions were answered by the time I left the building. It was a great experience and first impression of the organization. The final face to face interview followed the same and I was soon contacted by Cara with an offer. Overall experience was tremendous!

Interview Question – Give me an example of a complex ecommerce strategy that you initiated and oversaw from start to finish   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given ample time to contemplate the details surrounding the offer and provide my answer.

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at CDW in June 2010.

Interview Details How do you handle rejection?

Interview Question – How do you fit in with the company   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Inside Sales Account Manager
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at CDW.

Interview Details I applied online on their website and received a phone call the next day to set up a phone interview. The recruiter was extremely friendly and helped me out through the process. After the first interview I was offered an opportunity for a skype interview. This second interview was about a month later. The questions were based on past experiences and behavioral based questions

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. when was a time you had to sell something to someone or had to change someone's mind about something.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDW in December 2013.

Interview Details Phone interview- about 20 minutes. Next step- interview by hiring manager. Lots of behavioral based questions. You must be familiar with these if you are going to get hired. Interview lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Question – Mainly just behavioral questions relating to past work experience to predict future work experience   Answer Question

Configuration Technician Interview

Configuration Technician
Vernon Hills, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDW.

Interview Details The process began with a technician hiring representative. Then, it escalated to a second interview with one of the technical dept. manager/supervisor. The experience, at that time, was very cordial.

Interview Question – It has been many years. I don't remember any specific question. However, they were, probably, typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It appears everyone started at the same rate with no experience.

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDW in March 2010.

Interview Details This was a very easy interview process. They are only looking to hire those with little experience due to extensive training program. If you are able to carry yourself professionally and with an ambitious attitude the job is yours.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CDW in June 2012.

Interview Details Very easy and painless. Submit to two rounds of phone interviews before sitting down with your would-be manager to answer questions and align goals. Manager will offer the job on the spot with 24-hours to accept. Once hired, you are expected to submit to 3-months of classroom training, then an additional 4-months of 'academy' training.

Interview Question – If you could buy any kind of car, what car would that be? And why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDW in June 2010.

Interview Details Phone interview then met with the recruiter. Took a tour of the office and then met with a manager 1on1.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions read off a piece of paper.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation-take it or leave it

Senior Accountant Interview

Vernon Hills, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CDW in October 2013.

Interview Details The interview process began with a 30 minute phone interview. The interviewer was very knowledgable and pleasant to talk with. She answered all my questions and provided me with information about the position, departmental structure and company philosophy.
Approx. a week after the phone interview I was called in for a face to face interview with the Hiring Manager & Supervisor. Each interview went for about 45 minutes and was very productive. Both people were easy to talk to and asked very engaging questions about my experience and how I could use that to help CDW meet it's goals. They were also very forthcoming with information about the position and the company as a whole. A week after this interview I was called in for an interview with the Director. This was also a very productive interview. I felt very comfortable talking with everyone and all my questions were answered. Two days after this interview I was offered the position and gladly accepted.

Interview Question – How does your company calculate standard costs and how often are they updated?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at CDW

Worked for CDW? Contribute to the Community!

CDW Videos

CDW – Why Work for Us?

​​Companies today are only as strong as the technology that supports them. That's where we come in. At CDW, we go far beyond delivering high-tech products. We provide customized services. And we deliver solutions… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CDW interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 69 interview reviews posted anonymously by CDW employees and interview candidates.