CBRE Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr, 2015

2.7

Vice President Brokerage Services Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at CBRE.

Interview

Multiple interviews with sr. Brokers and management. They called us back on a couple of occasions, and love that I was persistent in my pursuit of the job. It's a tough interview and very competitive to get the job given how lucrative the business has become.

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CBRE (Toronto, ON) in March 2014.

Interview

Fairly standard interview where they asked strengths/weaknesses...etc. The HR rep was very nice and she explained the job in detail. They also wanted a writing sample of mine which was fine but definitely have something good ready to submit to her.

Interview Questions

• They asked 6 qualities and asked you to rank these qualities based on yourself   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CBRE (Calgary, AB).

Interview

I sent in my job application and followed up with a phone call. Was contacted within a couple weeks and they asked me to come in for an interview. The first interview went well; they didn't ask too many difficult questions. It seemed more to find out whether I would fit into the organization or not. Had a brief second "interview" where they offered me the job!

Negotiation

Not very flexible on negotiations.

Safety Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CBRE (Ottawa, ON) in March 2010.

Interview

When interviewing with CBRE, you need to showcase your transferable skills and what you are bringing to the company.

Commercial Real Estate Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CBRE (Vancouver, BC) in January 2010.

Interview

I talked to a person over the phone. They asked me basic questions about myself and what my ambitions were and where I was headed towards. It was a long call about an hour. Then I had two tests that I was subjected to. Overall a long and hard process that was not very effective.

Interview Questions

• Where can you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter who seemed very excited about my skill set. She said a hiring manager would be contacting me very soon — and they did within 24 hours. The hiring manager also seemed very enthusiastic and excited about my experience, stating it was hard to find someone with my versatile skill set. The phone interview with the hiring manager was about an hour long and quite in-depth. We delved into my experience and how I handled difficult clients. The HM was friendly and answered every question I had thoroughly—which I appreciated. They really sold the company quite hard, which I took as a positive sign? I was then told they had more interviews to do, and they'd be inviting candidates to a second in-person interview. They said they'd get back to me in 2 weeks with next steps.

I wrote a nice follow-up a couple weeks later and never received a response. The job has now been taken off the website, so I can only assume they've filled it. I can understand not responding to every application or even a super quick phone screen, but they lose major points with me for not responding after an in-depth interview, especially when I had to take time out of my current job to speak with them. Luckily there are employers who do take the time to respond and those are the companies I'll apply to again. Onward and upward!

Interview Questions

• Talk about a difficult client you worked with and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Facilities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at CBRE (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Interviewed with HR recruiter for CBRE via phone. Then had 1st in person interview with Director of Facilities. Had several phone conversations with same Director of Facilities for a couple weeks after that to ensure I was a good fit for the position. 2nd In person interview came. Met with Alliance Director for the client account, and was extended a formal employment offer within a week. Underwent background and drug screening with CBRE, then another round of background and drug screening when I arrived at the site. 2 months later im loving this position, company and team, and am so grateful for this opportunity.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation necessary, they offered more than my asking salary. Immediately accepted offer.

Client Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CBRE (Miami, FL (US)).

Interview

Spoke with the HR recruiter and never received a follow up call. I was under the impression the HR recruiter would call back. I am assuming it is because I have no Indesign experience?

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CBRE (Boston, MA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

First there was as screening call from a Representative that summarized the basic expectations of the position and asked me a few questions about my personal life, academic record, future endeavors, and background with this specific software. After that call I was contacted by a branch manager located closer to my home and was asked to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by a finance account manager initially, then the branch manager that contacted me. We discussed the position in greater detail and I was asked to go through my resume and why I would be a good fit for this position.

Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

interviewed at CBRE (Chicago, IL (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter. Was asked simple questions about my experience. Was told from the recruiter that he really liked my resume and would forward my information to the hiring manager. He gave me the address where the position was located and asked if it was ideal. Recruiter stated if I had not heard from the hiring manager, to give him a call. One week passed no call from the hiring manager. I contacted the recruiter, left a message and haven't heard back.