CBRE

Updated 20 Jan, 2015
Updated 20 Jan, 2015

2.7

Vice President Brokerage Services Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at CBRE.

Multiple interviews with sr. Brokers and management. They called us back on a couple of occasions, and love that I was persistent in my pursuit of the job. It's a tough interview and very competitive to get the job given how lucrative the business has become.

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CBRE in March 2014.

Fairly standard interview where they asked strengths/weaknesses...etc. The HR rep was very nice and she explained the job in detail. They also wanted a writing sample of mine which was fine but definitely have something good ready to submit to her.

Interview Questions
    • They asked 6 qualities and asked you to rank these qualities based on yourself   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CBRE.

I sent in my job application and followed up with a phone call. Was contacted within a couple weeks and they asked me to come in for an interview. The first interview went well; they didn't ask too many difficult questions. It seemed more to find out whether I would fit into the organization or not. Had a brief second "interview" where they offered me the job!

Not very flexible on negotiations.

Safety Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CBRE in March 2010.

When interviewing with CBRE, you need to showcase your transferable skills and what you are bringing to the company.

Commercial Real Estate Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CBRE in January 2010.

I talked to a person over the phone. They asked me basic questions about myself and what my ambitions were and where I was headed towards. It was a long call about an hour. Then I had two tests that I was subjected to. Overall a long and hard process that was not very effective.

Interview Questions
    • Where can you see yourself in 5 years.   View Answer

Building Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CBRE.

Phone interview, hiring manager phone interview, hiring manager face to face interview, offer given, drug tested, deep background check investigation, got the ok from HR and Hiring Manager for first day.

Interview Questions
    Sell yourself and dont settle for ok. Be reasonable and explain why you deserve a suitable salary.

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at CBRE.

Started with a brief phone interview from a recruiter who asked very basic questions. The next interview was in person and it was pretty easy. Basic questions that dug down into my experience but nothing out of the blue or tricky. I turned down the offer for a third interview simply because the job didn't fit my needs but it seemed like a bunch of nice people from what I could tell.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't anything difficult or unexpected honestly. They just wanted to know more about my experience.   Answer Question

Appraiser Interview

Brief interview. They hire with very few filters. Simply require people to interview and are shown around. Not really introduced to any existing staff. Their company colors are green and white as well, also, in addition to.

Associate Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CBRE in November 2014.

I worked with a talent acquisition agency. My first round by phone with an agency recruiter. We talked through my interest in the position and how it relates to my background. The second interview was in person at their offices. This interview delved deeper into my background and mainly focuses on my transferable skills. The third interview was over the phone with a CBRE recruiter. We discussed my background, interests and questions I had. I have been invited to a fourth round interview in person at the their offices.

Wheel Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CBRE in November 2014.

Filled out initial online application. Received an invite to take a video-submission based interview. With this, there were 8 behavioral questions. They were a lot tougher than the other interviews I had done, more obscure. You had 30 seconds to read the question and come up with a scenario, and 2 minutes to answer the questions.
    Personally, I wasn't asked any questions about the company itself, but they did ask me a question about my commercial real estate experience.
    They included one question on ethics as well.

Interview Questions
    • What was an ethical dilemma you have faced in the workplace? How did your supervisor react to the situation? How did your actions affect the company as a whole?   Answer Question