CBRE Interview Questions

Updated 8 Apr, 2015
Updated 8 Apr, 2015

2.7

Vice President Brokerage Services Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at CBRE.

Interview

Multiple interviews with sr. Brokers and management. They called us back on a couple of occasions, and love that I was persistent in my pursuit of the job. It's a tough interview and very competitive to get the job given how lucrative the business has become.

Research Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CBRE (Toronto, ON) in March 2014.

Interview

Fairly standard interview where they asked strengths/weaknesses...etc. The HR rep was very nice and she explained the job in detail. They also wanted a writing sample of mine which was fine but definitely have something good ready to submit to her.

Interview Questions

• They asked 6 qualities and asked you to rank these qualities based on yourself   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CBRE (Calgary, AB).

Interview

I sent in my job application and followed up with a phone call. Was contacted within a couple weeks and they asked me to come in for an interview. The first interview went well; they didn't ask too many difficult questions. It seemed more to find out whether I would fit into the organization or not. Had a brief second "interview" where they offered me the job!

Negotiation

Not very flexible on negotiations.

Safety Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CBRE (Ottawa, ON) in March 2010.

Interview

When interviewing with CBRE, you need to showcase your transferable skills and what you are bringing to the company.

Commercial Real Estate Broker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CBRE (Vancouver, BC) in January 2010.

Interview

I talked to a person over the phone. They asked me basic questions about myself and what my ambitions were and where I was headed towards. It was a long call about an hour. Then I had two tests that I was subjected to. Overall a long and hard process that was not very effective.

Interview Questions

• Where can you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Client Services Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CBRE (Miami, FL (US)).

Interview

Spoke with the HR recruiter and never received a follow up call. I was under the impression the HR recruiter would call back. I am assuming it is because I have no Indesign experience?

Facilities Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at CBRE (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Interviewed with HR recruiter for CBRE via phone. Then had 1st in person interview with Director of Facilities. Had several phone conversations with same Director of Facilities for a couple weeks after that to ensure I was a good fit for the position. 2nd In person interview came. Met with Alliance Director for the client account, and was extended a formal employment offer within a week. Underwent background and drug screening with CBRE, then another round of background and drug screening when I arrived at the site. 2 months later im loving this position, company and team, and am so grateful for this opportunity.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation necessary, they offered more than my asking salary. Immediately accepted offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CBRE (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

Applied and was quickly contacted by internal recruiter. I was then scheduled for an in person interview with hiring manager, before having a Skype interview with corporate VP. Process was smooth, but takes a few weeks to complete. Everyone in the process was friendly and explained the next steps in hiring process clearly.

Researcher Interview

Interview

Interview process was quick, friendly. Only had to make an appearance once. The only part that took a while was doing a formal application through the website, and going through all the steps of the hiring process. (Typical).

Real Estate Services Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

I submitted an application to the online portal. I received a call several days later from the Associate Director who let me know that there was a part-time position available if I would like to consider it. She mentioned it would be a good place to start with the company without any commercial real estate experience, and I would be able to move into a full-time role as one opened up.
    The manager at an onsite property called me to come in and meet. It was a very laid-back interview with just general work experience questions.

Interview Questions

• What has your experience been in the customer service industry? How do you handle difficult customers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation. The hourly rate was already set and she let me know before I came in to make sure it would be something I could agree to.