CBRE

Updated 13 Nov, 2014
Updated 13 Nov, 2014

2.7

Vice President Brokerage Services Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at CBRE.

Multiple interviews with sr. Brokers and management. They called us back on a couple of occasions, and love that I was persistent in my pursuit of the job. It's a tough interview and very competitive to get the job given how lucrative the business has become.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CBRE.

I sent in my job application and followed up with a phone call. Was contacted within a couple weeks and they asked me to come in for an interview. The first interview went well; they didn't ask too many difficult questions. It seemed more to find out whether I would fit into the organization or not. Had a brief second "interview" where they offered me the job!

Not very flexible on negotiations.

Safety Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CBRE in March 2010.

When interviewing with CBRE, you need to showcase your transferable skills and what you are bringing to the company.

Commercial Real Estate Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CBRE in January 2010.

I talked to a person over the phone. They asked me basic questions about myself and what my ambitions were and where I was headed towards. It was a long call about an hour. Then I had two tests that I was subjected to. Overall a long and hard process that was not very effective.

Interview Questions
    • Where can you see yourself in 5 years.   View Answer

Wheel Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CBRE in November 2014.

Filled out initial online application. Received an invite to take a video-submission based interview. With this, there were 8 behavioral questions. They were a lot tougher than the other interviews I had done, more obscure. You had 30 seconds to read the question and come up with a scenario, and 2 minutes to answer the questions.
    Personally, I wasn't asked any questions about the company itself, but they did ask me a question about my commercial real estate experience.
    They included one question on ethics as well.

Interview Questions
    • What was an ethical dilemma you have faced in the workplace? How did your supervisor react to the situation? How did your actions affect the company as a whole?   Answer Question

Real Estate Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at CBRE in October 2014.

It took me almost 6 months, to get an interview. I went through hoops, trying to get an interview and I got it. I was SO excited just to interview. The next day, they called me and offered the position to me. I start in a few weeks. This company (In my eyes) is the best of the best! The person who interviewed me was great! I can't wait to start.

Simple

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at CBRE in October 2014.

I applied online, received a call for an interview, went to the interview and never heard back. I thought the interview went well but it'd be nice if they let candidates know the position has been filled. I had to wait and wait until I called to check and still got no response until a week later.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to fix something your boss did wrong and how would you handle it if you were to be blamed   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Hiring process started with a phone interview from their headquarters in Texas. From there, it was sent to the manager for another phone interview and then finally, an in person interview. Altogether, the process to get hired from resume submittal to start date was roughly 7 weeks. Included background checks, drug screens, calls to references; due to large corporate structure.

Not able to negotiate

Assistant Real Estate Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CBRE.

Interview process was fairly detailed. First meeting was with the director, for the region. Second interview was with immediate supervising manager. Both interviews were well conducted, and I felt well received. Atmosphere in the office was very professional and the receiving staff was courteous. Each interview was about 35 minutes long. The questions in both interviews were very standard. I had to explain difficult situations and how I resolved them, my knowledge of computer systems and my proficiency with certain programs. After the job was offered, I was put through a rigorous background check, including criminal, financial, consumer.

Interview Questions
    • A standard question in both interview was "describe a difficult situation, where you had limited time to resolve it, and how you resolved it; including the satisfaction of everyone involved." This is a very tailored question, so it is something that is worth your time to figure out, prior to the interview.   Answer Question

Financial Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CBRE in August 2014.

I applied for this position on CBRE's career website. About 3 weeks later I received a email from the recruiter and scheduled an phone interview the day after.

The interview went well. I was asked questions about my work experiences and other competitions at school. And at last, why I am interested in the Real Estate Market. The interview also involve how I handle with Access and SharePoint.

I was told the hiring manager would contact me later or I should contact them. No good news up to now.