CBRE Interview Questions

Updated 16 Sep, 2014
Updated 16 Sep, 2014

2.7

Vice President Brokerage Services Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at CBRE.

Multiple interviews with sr. Brokers and management. They called us back on a couple of occasions, and love that I was persistent in my pursuit of the job. It's a tough interview and very competitive to get the job given how lucrative the business has become.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CBRE.

I sent in my job application and followed up with a phone call. Was contacted within a couple weeks and they asked me to come in for an interview. The first interview went well; they didn't ask too many difficult questions. It seemed more to find out whether I would fit into the organization or not. Had a brief second "interview" where they offered me the job!

Not very flexible on negotiations.

Safety Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CBRE in March 2010.

When interviewing with CBRE, you need to showcase your transferable skills and what you are bringing to the company.

Commercial Real Estate Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CBRE in January 2010.

I talked to a person over the phone. They asked me basic questions about myself and what my ambitions were and where I was headed towards. It was a long call about an hour. Then I had two tests that I was subjected to. Overall a long and hard process that was not very effective.

Interview Questions
    • Where can you see yourself in 5 years.   View Answer

Marketing Assistant Interview

Hiring process started with a phone interview from their headquarters in Texas. From there, it was sent to the manager for another phone interview and then finally, an in person interview. Altogether, the process to get hired from resume submittal to start date was roughly 7 weeks. Included background checks, drug screens, calls to references; due to large corporate structure.

Not able to negotiate

Assistant Real Estate Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CBRE.

Interview process was fairly detailed. First meeting was with the director, for the region. Second interview was with immediate supervising manager. Both interviews were well conducted, and I felt well received. Atmosphere in the office was very professional and the receiving staff was courteous. Each interview was about 35 minutes long. The questions in both interviews were very standard. I had to explain difficult situations and how I resolved them, my knowledge of computer systems and my proficiency with certain programs. After the job was offered, I was put through a rigorous background check, including criminal, financial, consumer.

Interview Questions
    • A standard question in both interview was "describe a difficult situation, where you had limited time to resolve it, and how you resolved it; including the satisfaction of everyone involved." This is a very tailored question, so it is something that is worth your time to figure out, prior to the interview.   Answer Question

Financial Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CBRE in August 2014.

I applied for this position on CBRE's career website. About 3 weeks later I received a email from the recruiter and scheduled an phone interview the day after.

The interview went well. I was asked questions about my work experiences and other competitions at school. And at last, why I am interested in the Real Estate Market. The interview also involve how I handle with Access and SharePoint.

I was told the hiring manager would contact me later or I should contact them. No good news up to now.

Senior Real Estate Manager Interview

First screening interview with recruiters on the phone, then in-person interviews with Associate and Senior Directors. The process is pretty straightforward. The interview is mostly a resume review with some situational questions. They may ask you to come back a few times and they are usually interviewing more than one person for a position. It may take a while before you hear back from them after they interview you.

Interview Questions
    • What did you like the least about your last or current position?   Answer Question
    There was not much room for negotiating. This was during the downturn, where it was take it or leave it. I understand there is still little room to negotiate, as many salaries are set by the clients (for reimbursed people)

Business Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CBRE.

I saw the job on Linkedin and applied through the website around 1st week of May. Here's my experience:

1. Recruiter called me the following week to discuss the position. I called and left voicemail message the same day and next (maybe left 3 vms) and decided not to call back as I do not want to the recruiter to think that I am stalking her.
    2. Recruiter called me back a week after I left voicemail messages and said she would forward my resume and info to the hiring manager. The same week, I received another phone call for phone interview with the hiring manager.
    3. Spoke to hiring manager via phone interview. Discuss what the position is and etc. Asked me about my previous work experiences, etc. I was asked to come in for a in-person interview.
    4. During the in-person interview, I spoke to the director, the hiring manager, and a staff member. I have been asked situational questions regarding my previous work experience against the job I am applying for. All in all, I thought it went well. I was asked to come back for another round of interview.
    5. After 3 days, I received the job offer with the details...

Initial interview to job offer took about 3-4 weeks (Phone Screen, Phone interview with the hiring manager, (2) in-person with staff members & hiring manager). Started a month after the job offer and completion of drug and background tests.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected questions: What kind of technology have you bought recently and what/why made you decide to purchase it? When you travel, do you plan it or someone else? Why?   Answer Question

Senior Real Estate Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CBRE.

I was interviewed by two members of CBRE and the client at three different interviews. CBRE was very amenable to accommodating my schedule since there were many face to face meetings.

Interview Questions
    • Each interview was approximately one hour. Questions were fairly easy to anticipate. I never felt like any interview was an interrogation. The interviewers were pleasant, friendly and informative.   Answer Question