CBRE

Updated 25 Feb, 2015
Updated 25 Feb, 2015

2.8

Vice President Brokerage Services Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at CBRE.

Multiple interviews with sr. Brokers and management. They called us back on a couple of occasions, and love that I was persistent in my pursuit of the job. It's a tough interview and very competitive to get the job given how lucrative the business has become.

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CBRE in March 2014.

Fairly standard interview where they asked strengths/weaknesses...etc. The HR rep was very nice and she explained the job in detail. They also wanted a writing sample of mine which was fine but definitely have something good ready to submit to her.

Interview Questions
    • They asked 6 qualities and asked you to rank these qualities based on yourself   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CBRE.

I sent in my job application and followed up with a phone call. Was contacted within a couple weeks and they asked me to come in for an interview. The first interview went well; they didn't ask too many difficult questions. It seemed more to find out whether I would fit into the organization or not. Had a brief second "interview" where they offered me the job!

Not very flexible on negotiations.

Safety Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CBRE in March 2010.

When interviewing with CBRE, you need to showcase your transferable skills and what you are bringing to the company.

Commercial Real Estate Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CBRE in January 2010.

I talked to a person over the phone. They asked me basic questions about myself and what my ambitions were and where I was headed towards. It was a long call about an hour. Then I had two tests that I was subjected to. Overall a long and hard process that was not very effective.

Interview Questions
    • Where can you see yourself in 5 years.   View Answer

Receptionist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CBRE.

Applied through company's website. Got a call from the corporate recruiter in Texas. Was told I was going to get a call from the hiring manager within a week but if not, then to contact the recruiter. Did not receive a call or email from the hiring manager. Contacted the recruiter via email but never received a reply.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CBRE.

I was contacted for the position by an outside recruiter who set up the initial interview with the office manager. I met with the manager for about an hour, the office was lovely and the staff all looked friendly and happy - a welcoming office environment which I liked. Because this was a team structure I would need to be interviewed by the entire team so I went in for 2 subsequent interviews due to timing.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were pretty standard type questions, no personality type tests or "gotcha" questions   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at CBRE.

Applied online. Used a few employee referrals. Process took a few months. No real interview process, but more of a phone screen. Got a call back a few months later that I got the job

No negotiation

Client Services Specialist/Market Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CBRE in February 2015.

Prior phone interviews went well, even after I told them that I do not have extensive Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop experience. When asked in person, I was immediately turned away and then offered an inferior position to my qualifications. Expert level graphic design is the first and foremost qualification for this position.

Interview Questions

The job posting was not what I interviewed for. It seems that they have a team of Client Services coordinators with different specialties. As a current coordinator at another company with a marketing degree, I was ready to speak on my experience and it would be straight forward. I was really surprised when I sat down and they said they were looking for someone with strong graphic design skills. Apparently the opening was for a position that was more heavy in InDesign and marketing in the specialty. So specialized to the point where a Portfolio was needed at a future round of interviews.