Burlington Coat Factory

Engaged Employer

Burlington Coat Factory Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr, 2015

2.0

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got called for an interview 2 days later. I scheduled for an interview 4 days after i got the call. The Interview was pretty basic. The Manager was nice. She asked common questions like give an example of previous experience with great customer service. Bad customer service. She said that since I've experienced both good and bad services, i basically know how others would feel if they were to be given such services. Which was a good thing. I was asked mainly about customer service questions. Then we talked about schedules. I had 2 days that I wasn't available anytime and that became a problem i guess. They have an attendance policy that says you need to have at least 9 hours of free time in a day. If you were to call in late 8 times in 3 months, they will have to let you go. she said she would hire me but my schedule had to be set. Ended up not getting back to her about the scheduling. I'm still waiting for another interview result from some place else.

Interview Questions

• What is something about yourself that you think you need to work on/improve?   Answer Question

Merchandise Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Modesto, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

First Group interview, then got called in for a second interview the next day the process was pretty easy now just waiting for background check and I'm good to go.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA (US)

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Harrisburg, PA (US)).

Interview

I applied the 14 & got an interview for the 25th i applied on my computer. It was very easy dress appropriate & make sure your hair is done

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Burlington?   1 Answer

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview

The interview was a half day (from 9-12:30). You were first brought into a room with all applicants and sat at tables with the people you would later interview with. It was nice to meet them first unofficially as you got an overview of the company. Then you were brought to each of their offices for four 25 minute interviews. They didn't seem as long as I thought they would and they were very conversational interviews.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Long Beach, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Depends on recruiters. I was supposed to do face to face interview but then they changed it over to a Skype interview which ended up being a phone interview due to connection problems. From what I gathered, the first phase is a face to face interview with a recruiter. The second phase is an interview with the Vice President which is conducted in a similar fashion. The question format is almost the same. Overall, my recruiter was real nice and very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• 1.What did you learn in your research about Burlington Coat Factory?   1 Answer
    • How have you gone above and beyond to provide excellent customer service in the past?   1 Answer
    • What is something that you can work on?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bettendorf, IA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Bettendorf, IA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was quick and harmless, only took about 15-20min. You're asked simple questions that most retail businesses may ask. Manager was friendly and understanding of my second job. Offered to raise my pay on the spot due to my prior retail experience.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Madison, WI (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I found the job on indeed.com, and I applied thru their corporate site. I received a phone call to set up a time for the interview. The interview was conducted by the assistant store manager, and it was very low-key. Almost all the questions were behavioral interview questions about customer service and the ability to work well in a team setting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you provided excellent customer service in your last job.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when a customer was dissatisfied and you were able to turn the situation around into a positive experience.   Answer Question

Cashiers Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Riverside, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (North Riverside, IL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied then got a call for an interview the next day, got offered a job the day of the interview, but declined because I got an offer from Target the same day. Fastest process I've ever experienced, except for Target. Interview woman was friendly and very nice, it even made me feel bad declining the job interview because she was so sweet. Me and another person interviewed at the same time. Focus on good customer service in questions, always put customer service first in answers to do well. Being friendly and personable and knowing good customer service is key to these interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you received bad customer service.
      What is a friendly work environment to you?
      Tell me about a time you completed a stressful task.

Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in March 2015.

Interview

She called me and told me that the positions were already filled. Then she asked me about the store management position that I did not apply for, if I would consider that. I said sure then she explained to me that the positions were similar, but I would be working in a store for the management position. Long story short, she asked me to apply in the Fall because it looks like I am heading towards Supply Chain Role and they are looking for people with a true passion in retail.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Long Beach, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

They are in definite search of quality talent. The recruiter I met (& gave my resume to) at my university's job fair called me before I even finished my application! Maybe, they were interested because I'm an HR major & there's very few at my school with a student body + 30 k. Anyway, they called me & scheduled a time. The recruiter couldn't actually make it to my campus, which was our agreed location (sometimes employers come to our career center & conduct interviews).

So, my interview was over Skype. The interviewer was very friendly & encouraged an open dialogue in which I ask as many questions I need to. He expected for me to come prepared with questions about the company & the intern program. Come prepared!
    Although the interview went well & I received positive feedback, I didn't get the second interview. Their program is very selective for it to be national, so competition is steep.
    The process was fast. Got the interview call on Monday which scheduled my interview for Thursday & I got a response by the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you solved a conflict.   Answer Question
    • What brought you to your university (if you transferred, as I did) and what lead to your major?   Answer Question
    • What questions do you have about our program, process and company.   1 Answer