Brookdale Senior Living

Updated 12 Dec, 2014
Updated 12 Dec, 2014

2.7

Director of Health and Wellness Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Went well. Had three interviews before hired. Each one lasted 40 to 60 mins. Two in person and one phone. The office personnel had difficulty in the process due to a lack of training. She wasn't used to the online process.

CNA Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in December 2014.

Job fair, pick schedule, relaxed interview, easy questions if you know your job, hired on spot, tb test done same day, pre employment drug screening must before 24 hours of being hired.

Interview Questions
    • In your field, name a time you fixed a problem in the workplace   Answer Question
    Your offer really depends on your experience, after you pick a schedule

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, OH (US)

Interview process was smooth and not to difficult. Questions were standard how would you handle this type of situation question. First and Second interview was on the same day and I was offered the job on the spot after the second

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Initial interview with Executive Director, 2nd Group Interview with Treatment Team, 3rd Phone Interview with Regional Director. They also ask you to fill out a paper application when you arrive for the interview (even if you filled it out online), so be sure to take a copy of your resume with you!

Cook Interview

Applied online and was called the next day for an interview. I had applied for two jobs and was called back and it was not clarified what job I would be interviewing for. Not very personable on the phone

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

I had a positive experience interviewing with the Talent Solutions team. They are professional, well organized and courtesy. The management recruiting process is designed for streamlined efficiency. I would welcome the opportunity to interview with this group again.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were out of the ordinary. As long as you do your homework on the company and come prepared with a list of questions you will have a great conversation with this team. They are very passionate about their work and take pride in their company.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Phone interview with hiring manager. In person interview with 4 individuals at their office. Overall it was really disorganized and left a bad impression on me. The hiring manager lacked personality and energy. It made me feel like working there would be a miserable experience. There was no introductions as to why I was interviewing with individuals, what the daily,weekly, or monthly responsibilities were. They spent more time over analyzing my personality test scores which in my opinion were way off from reality.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you analyzed data   View Answer

I felt the interview was just bad. They seemed like they didn't know what questions to ask, they were disorganized, and uninformative. I interviewed with four people but no one told me why I was talking to them or what interaction I would have with them on a daily basis.

Activities Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McMinnville, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McMinnville, OR (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in September 2014.

Very friendly & welcoming. This facility had state there and HR was unable to be at interview. The Activities Director handled well. It was a short one on one interview with 5 questions. She then gave me a tour of the facility and introduced me to other staff and residents. The Activities director was asked by two other management gals if she thought the interview went well and offered to complete my background check right then and bypass 2nd interview. After completing background, was taking back to activity director office where she said hr would contact me for 2nd meeting to complete new hire paperwork... I am super excited but also unsure I think that means I got position but no official word "your hired". Hoping to get that second call to come complete paperwork like it was explained.

Interview Questions
    • How do handle keeping yourself separated from becoming attached to the residents, example - if a resident passes, do I become completely attached or can I except, help and move on.   Answer Question
    I asked what the salary was, she was unclear because I had experience and Brookdale had recently bought the old company out and their financial situation was stronger than the old company, wage based off revenue

Director of Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Met with ED for maybe 15 minutes. She reviewed my resume. The Regional HR contact called me at 10 PM on a Sunday night (!) we spoke for half an hour, mostly about her children. Yes, I know red flags all over.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how comfortable I felt about making my own decisions. I have no problem making my own decisions as it would be a director position. Unfortunately, making a decision on my own is what got me fired.   Answer Question
    No negotiation was possible. I was given a number, which was $10 less than what the market should pay for the position. When I asked for higher, I was told they would have to consider another candidate.

Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in August 2014.

Very intense interview questions, not anything you can really prepare for. If you've been in sales, mentally review each sale if you can because they will ask you to "tell me a time when....'

Interview Questions
    • Not really a question, but overwhelmed with how many people you interview with   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate, was very pleased with what they offered. I had tried to negotiate with another company years ago and had the offer rescinded, so I'm a little apprehensive to negotiate.