Brookdale Senior Living

Updated 18 Sep, 2014
Updated 18 Sep, 2014

2.7

Director of Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Met with ED for maybe 15 minutes. She reviewed my resume. The Regional HR contact called me at 10 PM on a Sunday night (!) we spoke for half an hour, mostly about her children. Yes, I know red flags all over.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how comfortable I felt about making my own decisions. I have no problem making my own decisions as it would be a director position. Unfortunately, making a decision on my own is what got me fired.   Answer Question
    No negotiation was possible. I was given a number, which was $10 less than what the market should pay for the position. When I asked for higher, I was told they would have to consider another candidate.

COA Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

The hiring process is the same at any other company. They offer a typing test, which if you have any office experience, you will pass. The HR department is really very nice and the managers that I interviewed with were extremely knowledgeable about the company and what it has to offer.

Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in August 2014.

Very intense interview questions, not anything you can really prepare for. If you've been in sales, mentally review each sale if you can because they will ask you to "tell me a time when....'

Interview Questions
    • Not really a question, but overwhelmed with how many people you interview with   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate, was very pleased with what they offered. I had tried to negotiate with another company years ago and had the offer rescinded, so I'm a little apprehensive to negotiate.

Resident Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Spokane, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

They give you an small interview and they run your background, and they will hire nearly anyone so that they are not short staffed and we always are. so long as they have bodies on the floor.

Interview Questions
    • They do not hardly ask any questions, they will hire anyone   View Answer
    I was not able to with them, I have been with them when it was the old company that they came in and bought out.

Quality Review Nurse Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Great process, they move fast to complete the hiring process. Thorough competency testing for quality review nurses. Initial interview was conducted on the phone, then brought in to interview with DPS and RDO for region.

Did not need to negotiate, met my expectations

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in July 2014.

Initial communications were through someone working in the corporate office since their website was not working properly. Through them I was able to set up an interview. Unfortunately it seemed the 2 women interviewing never interviewed anyone before. They decided to sit next to each other, one would ask a question then minutes later the same question would be asked by the other, both seemed to be reading from Interviewing for Dummies.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you walked into a room, saw a body on the floor and blood everywhere?   View Answer

RN Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

6 interviews. HR staff very friendly and helpful. they told me what to expect for next steps and it was exact. relaxed interview process but lengthy. seemed like a lot of tests but easy to do

OTR Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Regional manager answered emails while I responded to his questions. About 15 min in all, if that. No questions beyond yes / no answers. Asked in the interview how I would increase caseload. Talk about red flags!

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected thing was when I was asked to step away from the office area while the mgr talked on his cellphone.   Answer Question
    I told them what I wanted and they met it

Sous Chef Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

very simple, at the time the dining director was fairly new and was interviewed by him and an interim dining manager. asked a few skills questions, management style questions. was asked if i knew how to make a white wine sauce, because the people they had used white wine vinegar

simple got what i asked for. but if i knew it was for executive chef position i would have asked for more money

Server Interview

They asked me general questions about what do I do or a living, past jobs, and any past expereince I had. This was a very easy interview to get pass

Worked for Brookdale Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!