Brigham and Women's Hospital Research Assistant I Interview Questions

2.7

Research Assistant I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview

3 interviews over 2 days about 1 week apart. Mostly going over resume and basic background questions. Nothing too unexpected. Was called by HR about 2 hours after final interview and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you have dealt with difficult patients in the past.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Brigham and Women's Hospital

Research Assistant I Interview

Interview

Was contacted through email. Went in for an interview. Asked basic questions

Research Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

It took a while to schedule the interview, but it was a very informative experience. I spoke to about 7 people, some of whom were very friendly others who were a bit more terse. They also seemed a little miffed about the idea of me applying for grad school in a few years. In the end they decided they wanted someone with more technical experience.

Interview Questions

• The answer (not the question) threw me on this one. "Why do you hope to do working here"
      I gave an answer about how I enjoyed the research they were doing, and how I wanted to contribute. I also said it would be nice to start to make a dent in my college loans. His answer "Well, that's not a good plan. Boston's an expensive place to live and we don't pay much."

1 Answer

Research Assistant I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital in June 2013.

Interview

Submit application online, and then in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• No really any. The interviewer asked a lot about why I decided to do research in his field rather than my original area. They are very related, and I personally did not even see that as a departure from my original area.   Answer Question

Research Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied for a different position online and was contacted by phone by the project manager. She mentioned the position I had no interest in as well as the RA position. We had a brief phone screen and then planned a 1:1 interview a week later. After that, I came in for a second in-person interview. Each interview went over the project extensively, and I was able to meet with the other research assistants to get a feel for the job. They seemed overworked and like they needed another RA.

The office environment was relaxed, with the dress code ranging from jeans to business casual. Apparently the wait list for a parking spot is years long, but the office itself is literally steps away from the green line. It seems like a very work-oriented office, not obnoxiously relaxed but not super high-stress, either. They were hiring to ease up the workload and had a very keen sense of what needed to get done and when.

Interview Questions

• Pretty easy interview, nothing stood out as difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You have to put in a salary requirement in the online application phase. The salary I was offered was notably higher than what I had requested, so I didn't bother negotiating. Also - great benefits, especially the 50% off MBTA passes.

Research Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

I submitted my application via the online Brigham and Women's Hospital and Partners Health system. You can look at all your previously submitted applications but there is no where to follow up on your application. That is the real downside to this system. I suppose they get a large number of applicant and could not deal with the call volume, but it definitely makes the waiting game much more stressful. I was then called to schedule a first interview with some of the research staff. After that I was called back to meet with the study PI. I then continued with HR to give references and heard back from them with the offer about 3 weeks after my initial interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't much of a negotiation phase. The offer was on par with many other RA 1 jobs so I just took it.

Research Assistant I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital in May 2011.

Interview

Submitted resume via internal employee referral- was called/emailed 2 weeks later, had an initial phone interview, then an in-person interview with the next 2 weeks, met with 5 individuals, and talked to HR within the next week and was offered (and accepted) the job within 2 weeks of speaking with HR

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were presented with a conflict and how you solved it   Answer Question