Bridgepoint Education

Getting the Interview

19 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Bridgepoint Education.

Interview Details Used a temporary placement agency

Interview Question – There was nothing really out of the ordinary in their hiring process.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Too low of salary

Enrollment Advisor Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in June 2010.

Interview Details The hiring process was pleasant and professional. I interviewed with a phone screen interview and then one in person interview at the Corporate office in Poway. I was offered the job at the in person interview.

Interview Question – What would you do if a student told you they want to apply but they need to talk to their husband first.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The hiring range was $38,000-$43,000 if I recall. I was offered $38,000 and I countered with $42,000 based on my previous sales experience, the interviewer went to get it approved with her supervisor and came back and offered me the job within 15 minutes. I am not sure if all interviewees are offered the job at the 1:1 interview, but I did ask for the job, as I feel that you should ALWAYS do if you do in fact want the job.

Executive Assistant Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education.

Interview Details The recruiter called me for quick phone screening and then two days later they called me to come in for in person interview. I was interviewed by two people, it lasted about 45 minutes. The next day they called me again to come in for the second interview to meet with their executives the interview lasted for about an hour and half.

Interview Question – What was the mistake you ever done at work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Still waiting for an offer.

Admissions Counselor

I applied online and interviewed at Bridgepoint Education.

Interview Details Hard

Interview Question – How would you respond to an unresponsive person?   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in October 2012.

Interview Details Pretty standard process for applying for the job. Found the listing for the job online and sent them a resume. Next step was a phone interview. After that I went in for an interview in person. The interview was with three people and was pretty standard except for the questions from one of the interviewers. Upon reflecting on it afterwords, I think he was trying to gauge my problem solving abilities. The first odd question was how I could get my resume on one page without changing the font size. Well I have always thought that the best resume was one page, but I can't seem to make mine fit anymore. After talking about adding columns etc, his idea was to use the back of the page. To me that is not solving the problem, but just saving a piece of paper. It is still technically two pages, but just one sheet of paper. Anyway the next one was even better. He said, "Simple question, how many pay phones are in New York?". No mention at all about how would you find out this information or anything, just how many. Keep in mind this position was for a $10/hr intern. I was so taken aback I simply said I don't know. I think he was looking for me to tell him how I would go about finding out this information, but to me that is a really stupid way to test problem solving. Needless to say I didn't get the job.......thank goodness.

Interview Question – How many pay phones are there in New York City?   View Answer

Talent Development Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Bridgepoint Education.

Interview Details Let me start by saying that this was the most unprofessional experience I have had. The first red flag (besides the poor reviews of the HR and recruiting department on here) was when the recruiter called me while I was driving and asked me if I had a few minutes. I said I was driving and would be home in 15 min to call her back. She disregarded that and just continued on with asking me several questions for about 5 minutes even though I said it was not a good time. At the end of it, she set up the actual phone interview for the following day. The day after that, I was in the office for an interview. This was the only plus. The office was great and I really enjoyed the two hiring managers I met with. However, I was told by the recruiter I was interviewing with one hiring manager so I had no idea who the other was - another strike for the recruiter.

Interview Question – Basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received a request to fill out a reference check form within a few hours of my interview and was told to reach out to all of my references so they can expect the call, which I did. By end of day, the recruiter called me with an offer because "the hiring managers were so impressed with the interview."

And then things went downhill really quick. She gave me the terms of the offer and I asked if it were possible to negotiate for a small amount more. ( I was already taking a big salary cut.) She said she would get back to me. For the next week I got no response to any of my emails or calls. Finally, three days before my expected start date, she calls me and says that they could not match my request and they had "taken my request into consideration and offered the role to someone else."

Moral of the story, don't expect professionalism and salary negotiations are a deal breaker.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in August 2008.

Interview Details The first interview was done over the phone and consisted of me talking to a developer and a manager, and going over some basic development quetsions. The second interview was via webcam because I was out of state, and was more of the same. The final interview was in-person, at the office, and they actually flew me in to do it.

Interview Question – Write a function to perform a specific task.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy, they asked how much I wanted, I gave them a number, and they accepted. I should've gone higher...

Admissions Counselor

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in January 2012.

Interview Details Professional atmosphere. Was greeted when I came in the door. Not too hard to find the place. Pleasant interviewer. Friendly office. Interview took about an hour. Asked good questions about my background. Did a roleplay where questions were asked about how I would handle a phone call to someone who didn't want to sign up. Was coached to overcome any rejection and get the prospective student to sign up for college.
Seems like they care about getting people back to school.

Interview Question – How would you handle a prospective student that doesn't want to enroll at this time?   View Answer

Denver, CO (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in December 2011.

Interview Details General interview questions relating to call center task and sales attitude.

Interview Question – How competitive are you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not great. I got the impression that I wouldn't get an interview if I didn't prematurely agree to a salary.

User Interface Designer Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in October 2011.

Interview Details Application Submitted on Website.
2 weeks later, company Recruiter contacted me to "get to know me".
Company recruiter recommended me for Phone Interview with Engineer.
Engineer recommended me for In Person Interview.
Company recruiter set everything up and answered all questions
In Person interview with 4 members of the team. (Development Manager, Engineer, etc)
Followup with Company Recruiter.
2nd Interview with more members of team
Job Offer Letter.

Interview Question – Describe your user centered design process.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bridgepoint Education

Worked for Bridgepoint Education? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bridgepoint Education interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Bridgepoint Education employees and interview candidates.