Boston Scientific Interview Questions

Updated 17 Sep, 2014
Updated 17 Sep, 2014

2.9

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Boston Scientific.

The company works with outside talent companies to identify potential candidates. So, you will first need to go through a company like Robert Half to be called in for an interview. Once you have an interview with Boston Scientific you will most likely meet with 2 - 3 managers in the same day, if you pass that initial stage you will be brought back another day to meet with the Director and the hiring manager for a final interview. The interviews vary by manager's personal style and are one-on-one.

Interventional Cardiology Clinical Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Maple Grove, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Boston Scientific in September 2014.

Really brought in the big guns on this one. Did a ton of research beforehand that ended up being a complete waste of time. Your typical situation/behavior-based questions. Do they want a good interviewer or do they want someone who has the background, skills, & qualifications for the position? Anyone can answer questions using the STAR method. Also, while I'm at it, the whole applicant tracking system is flawed. For the love of God, what do you have to do to get a hiring mgr to view a resume w/ their own eyes vs. an entry-level, recent college grad and/or key word system? Anyways, interview didn't go the smoothest, but I've had worse that resulted in offers. Sent ty email and mailed ty note right away. Also, tried to alleviate reservations by attaching press releases, references (including from VP level), awards, certifications, yada, yada. Of course she probably doesn't realize what it takes to break into the industry, stay in the industry, and be successful in the industry - let alone the call points which consist of educating high-profile cardiologists and electrophysiologists (who typically go to school longer than her age). FU email a week later (attached presentation) and received the thanks, but no thanks generic automated email rejection letter a day later. Replied for constructive feedback, which I doubt she could ever provide, and has not responded. To think I used to interview distributors for these types of positions...

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boston Scientific.

HR contacted about a position that was open at that time. Scheduled a phone interview. Reached out after 4 weeks for a face to face interview. By that time, Sr.QE position was closed. However, attended the interview. Was interviewed by 6 QE managers in 3 hrs.

Interview Questions
    • Lessons learned for recalls.
      What do you do on a good day Vs bad day? What do you consider as a bad day?
        Answer Question

Network Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marlborough, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Boston Scientific in July 2014.

I applied online for this position last week of June and got a call from one of their HR people couple of weeks later who then set up a phone interview with the Cyber Security Operations manager. It was a straight forward interview with him where he asked a few questions from my resume and my experience etc. Then he asked me to come over for an onsite interview in a few days. I got no response from their HR team about it for over a week. They were pretty annoying in that they never responded to any phone calls or emails. I followed up with the hiring manager about it and soon after an interview date was set up the following week. The interview process was alright. I had an interview with three other team members, who asked quite a bit of questions from my resume and technical terms related to Network Security. They vastly elaborated on things they work on and what vendors they used. Most of them were very friendly and offered good insights to the field of Security. I left the interview feeling I'd done quite well.

The hiring manager told me to email him if I didn't hear about a decision in a week or so. Thats exactly what I did. He replied to me saying there was some 'BSC initiative' due to which the hiring has been put on hold and they can't hire anyone. Said once they get the permission to hire, he'd love to call me in for a second interview. If thats so, why did you interview me in the first place? I kinda sensed it was some sort of hoax to keep me as a backup option in case their preferred candidate turned them down. A couple of weeks later, I visited the job posting for this position in their website and it said that the position has been filled. I had expected it so wasn't bothered but what disappointed me the most was the fact that they didn't have the decency to inform me about it. Had I not been advised through others before that the position has been filled, I'd still be living in false hope that I may get a second interview from them. You'd expect a company like Boston Scientific to have the courtesy to inform candidates if they aren't going to be hired. I wasn't disappointed with the fact that I didn't get it, I knew I may not be the perfect candidate and all. But least you could do is inform the person he isn't going to be hired.

Interview Questions
    • Most were pretty straight forward in the entire process with questions ranging from your resume and experience on the technologies you have worked with as an intern or in school.   Answer Question

Product Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Valencia, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boston Scientific in July 2014.

The hiring process took about 2 months from the schedule of the 1st phone interview to the offer letter. I had a phone interview with the recruiter and hiring manager, basically went over the job description and asked pretty direct questions about my experience for the job in which I applied for. 3 weeks later I was invited to do face to face interviews with 5 people from the team. They were all given 30 minutes for one on one time with me. I enjoyed this part because you get to meet the team and get a feel of what your getting yourself into. Overall the team was welcoming and intelligent. I had a brief excel test that one of the analyst made. I felt good about the interviews, unfortunately the director of the department wanted to meet with me as well since he was traveling, we couldn't meet for another 3 weeks. I think the process is normally faster.

Interview Questions
    The salary offer was set in stone, but they offered a higher signing bonus to offset the gap plus higher annual bonus payout.

10 Week Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clonmel (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clonmel (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boston Scientific in June 2014.

Submitted application online, got a phone call for casual interview/chat a week later.
    It was just a single person in a interview room.
    Dress was very casual (He was in t-shirt) I was suited up
    Spoke about CV, asked questions about my course etc.
    Spoke of hobby's etc.
    Received job offer a few days later on grounds that I passed a medical.
    Pay was €10.35 per hour for a 39 hour week with over time at 1.5 times if that is useful.

Interview Questions
    • Built a reaction timer for college project.
      Wanted to know the circuity in detail and how the components work
        Answer Question
    I just took it and was happy

Quality Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Boston Scientific.

The hiring process is very long and the recruiter did not seem to know the interviewing steps or the process well. You interview with many people and they make changes to the interview times with no regard to the interviewee. The recruiter never seems to be available or answers calls in a timely matter.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult but personal. It seems they try to find out if you will be a type of person who does not have outside responsibilities to insure you will work long days. The questions I found odd were more on the personal side like what your hobbies are and family life.   Answer Question

There does not seem to be a life/work balance.

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Boston Scientific.

One phone interview: Thirty minutes, very business-like, purely about factual knowledge and previous experience.
    One in-house interview: 4+ hour interview with 5 different people, one at a time for ~45 min each. Final person was director level for 1.5 hours. Interviewers were Senior Engineer level and above. Some factual questions, but mostly personality and experience questions. It was important to them to find an employee that would fit with company culture. Interview was relaxed and not stressful. Conversation with director was about career goals and company culture.

The company moved very quickly from the phone interview forward. An offer letter was sent within two days of the in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Several technical questions about statistics. Meaning and significance of mean, median, mode, standard deviation, etc.   Answer Question
    Negotiated a signing bonus. The company was immovable on salary, but a signing bonus was settled on due to another competing offer.

Boston Scientific IS Intern Interview

I was invited to a networking event and was contacted for an hour interview. Two thirty minute sessions. First thirty was all off job experience and the second was all based on academic experience. The interviewers were extremely friendly and made you feel comfortable from the moment you walked in.

SharePoint Consultant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Boston Scientific.

Generic questions about CMS, SharePoint.

no negotiation

Worked for Boston Scientific? Contribute to the Community!