Boston Scientific

Updated 20 Feb, 2015
Updated 20 Feb, 2015

2.9

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Boston Scientific.

I applied online with an employee referral. They called a month later for a phone screening that lead to an on-site interview the following week. The in-person interview consisted of 3 groups of 2 people for a half hour each. They asked some questions about relevant FDA regulation topics and more about relevant experience for the job (IQ, OQ, PQ, root cause analysis and CAPAs). I heard back from HR two weeks later that they were moving forward with another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • They asked questions about relevant background experience and thought processes.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Scientific.

Totally three rounds. Face to face and two onsite interviews. Behavioral questions. The third round was just to introduce me to all the team members. Second round was more technically oriented

IS Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific.

The hiring and interview process included applying online, a pre-interview dinner, and two back-to-back interviews. All employees were friendly and the questions were pretty standard. The response took about 2 weeks after that, and they send the offer via email. From applying to response, the entire process was about a month.

Business Systems Analyst II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Scientific.

I applied in November and got a call back pretty quickly. I received an email from someone in Talent Acquisition and was told I would be speaking with the recruiter for the position. Questions were very basic about work history, technical experience, things like that. He made it sound as if he had multiple positions available, that I may be a good fit for one or more of them, and that he would pass my info along to the hiring managers, and if they were interested, we would do a phone interview.

Things got a little annoying after that as I had to coordinate with someone in HR to speak with the hiring manager and proceeded to get stood up by the hiring manager for phone interviews 3 times. It was a lot of back and forth with HR as they relayed messages back and forth between the manager and I. When the manager finally called me, they didn't mention the fact that they stood me up 3 times and made it clear they didn't look at my resume or know anything about my experience. The phone interview did not go well!

Overall, it was a somewhat annoying experience. I wasn't dying to work at Boston Scientific, but I just want to not have to keep getting stood up for phone interviews and to keep a little of my dignity.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were pretty easy, but I think the manager thought I was way more SAP technical than I actually was at the time. I think I got some convoluted question about something technical related to SAP about a module I'd never worked on before, and had to explain how my job and responsibilities didn't cover that.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

well planned, good HR, did their homework, on time, good questions, did their best and came prepared, talked about the work and the next steps, talked about career growth, helpful, good directions.

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific in November 2014.

Was contacted on Linkedin by BSc recruiter. After a phone interview with HR and then one with the hiring manager I went in for a 2 hour interview on site. The interview was split into two group interviews. First with 3 BSc managers and then a peer interview with 3 engineers. After that there was a tour of the facilities. Good overall experience and well organized interview.

Engineer Interview

They flew me out to their location for an in person interview, paying for all my expenses (flight, car, hotel) and even had their real estate agent take me on a tour of the town to check out housing options. The interview was on a Friday, and they told me they'd get back to me early the next week.

Two weeks later and still no response from them. Finally I had to track them down and force them to tell me they weren't offering me a job. After a certain point, I can take a hint, but to tell candidates that you will let them know of your decision within x days and then to completely ignore that deadline is beyond rude. If I hadn't reached out, they just never would have called me. I'm sure telling people that you're not offering them a job is no fun, but if you don't like it, don't get a job in HR. So disappointed with their HR team.

Interview Questions
    • It was pretty standard, textbook, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years" kind of interview- nothing too difficulto r unexpected.   Answer Question

R&D Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boston Scientific.

Applied at a conference. Scheduled a one on one interview with a hiring manager. He was impressed. Then a phone interview a month later. Then I got an offer letter.

Information Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific.

Their campus recruitment team is phenomenal. They attend college career fairs, frequently hold post-career fair socials at nearby restaurants, and pre-interview dinners as well.

The interview consists to two back-to-back meetings with employees at the Company. It may be first with someone from Human Resources followed by a relatively new IS employee.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when a team you were on let you down. How did you respond, if at all?   Answer Question

Software Developer II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Scientific in October 2014.

It was a great experience to learn about the company's hiring process.
    There was 5 rounds of one to one interview each lasts for 30 minutes.
    They asked Behavioral questions and questions about your work(Project detail etc) .

Interview Questions
    • Tricky question was : if get a choice how you will work A. In a Team B. Independently .   Answer Question