Boston Scientific

Updated 25 Nov, 2014
Updated 25 Nov, 2014

2.9

Senior Business Analyst Interview

well planned, good HR, did their homework, on time, good questions, did their best and came prepared, talked about the work and the next steps, talked about career growth, helpful, good directions.

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific in November 2014.

Was contacted on Linkedin by BSc recruiter. After a phone interview with HR and then one with the hiring manager I went in for a 2 hour interview on site. The interview was split into two group interviews. First with 3 BSc managers and then a peer interview with 3 engineers. After that there was a tour of the facilities. Good overall experience and well organized interview.

Engineer Interview

They flew me out to their location for an in person interview, paying for all my expenses (flight, car, hotel) and even had their real estate agent take me on a tour of the town to check out housing options. The interview was on a Friday, and they told me they'd get back to me early the next week.

Two weeks later and still no response from them. Finally I had to track them down and force them to tell me they weren't offering me a job. After a certain point, I can take a hint, but to tell candidates that you will let them know of your decision within x days and then to completely ignore that deadline is beyond rude. If I hadn't reached out, they just never would have called me. I'm sure telling people that you're not offering them a job is no fun, but if you don't like it, don't get a job in HR. So disappointed with their HR team.

Interview Questions
    • It was pretty standard, textbook, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years" kind of interview- nothing too difficulto r unexpected.   Answer Question

R&D Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boston Scientific.

Applied at a conference. Scheduled a one on one interview with a hiring manager. He was impressed. Then a phone interview a month later. Then I got an offer letter.

Information Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific.

Their campus recruitment team is phenomenal. They attend college career fairs, frequently hold post-career fair socials at nearby restaurants, and pre-interview dinners as well.

The interview consists to two back-to-back meetings with employees at the Company. It may be first with someone from Human Resources followed by a relatively new IS employee.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when a team you were on let you down. How did you respond, if at all?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Boston Scientific.

The company works with outside talent companies to identify potential candidates. So, you will first need to go through a company like Robert Half to be called in for an interview. Once you have an interview with Boston Scientific you will most likely meet with 2 - 3 managers in the same day, if you pass that initial stage you will be brought back another day to meet with the Director and the hiring manager for a final interview. The interviews vary by manager's personal style and are one-on-one.

Interventional Cardiology Clinical Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Boston Scientific in September 2014.

Really brought in the big guns on this one. Did a ton of research beforehand that ended up being a complete waste of time. Your typical situation/behavior-based questions. Do they want a good interviewer or do they want someone who has the background, skills, & qualifications for the position? Anyone can answer questions using the STAR method. Also, while I'm at it, the whole applicant tracking system is flawed. For the love of God, what do you have to do to get a hiring mgr to view a resume w/ their own eyes vs. an entry-level, recent college grad and/or key word system? Anyways, interview didn't go the smoothest, but I've had worse that resulted in offers. Sent ty email and mailed ty note right away. Also, tried to alleviate reservations by attaching press releases, references (including from VP level), awards, certifications, yada, yada. Of course she probably doesn't realize what it takes to break into the industry, stay in the industry, and be successful in the industry - let alone the call points which consist of educating high-profile cardiologists and electrophysiologists (who typically go to school longer than her age). FU email a week later (attached presentation) and received the thanks, but no thanks generic automated email rejection letter a day later. Replied for constructive feedback, which I doubt she could ever provide, and has not responded. To think I used to interview distributors for these types of positions...

Support Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Scientific in August 2014.

I was emailed by recruiter Carolyn and was asked to set up a "phone conversation." The conversation went well and she said she would call me the next week to talk about next steps. I was happy to hear that. After the next week passed plus a few additional days, I emailed her to see what the status was from our previous conversation. I received no response. By this point, I assume I was rejected for the position, which is fine but why couldn't the recruiter reach out to say they found someone else for the position, or didn't think I was a good fit? I heard nothing and more than a month has passed. I currently work in a position where I interview and let people know when we find someone who would be a better fit. If I was contacted by this company, I wouldn't even want to work for them knowing this is how they handle things. Very unprofessional.

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Scientific.

HR contacted about a position that was open at that time. Scheduled a phone interview. Reached out after 4 weeks for a face to face interview. By that time, Sr.QE position was closed. However, attended the interview. Was interviewed by 6 QE managers in 3 hrs.

Interview Questions
    • Lessons learned for recalls.
      What do you do on a good day Vs bad day? What do you consider as a bad day?

Answer Question

Network Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific in July 2014.

I applied online for this position last week of June and got a call from one of their HR people couple of weeks later who then set up a phone interview with the Cyber Security Operations manager. It was a straight forward interview with him where he asked a few questions from my resume and my experience etc. Then he asked me to come over for an onsite interview in a few days. I got no response from their HR team about it for over a week. They were pretty annoying in that they never responded to any phone calls or emails. I followed up with the hiring manager about it and soon after an interview date was set up the following week. The interview process was alright. I had an interview with three other team members, who asked quite a bit of questions from my resume and technical terms related to Network Security. They vastly elaborated on things they work on and what vendors they used. Most of them were very friendly and offered good insights to the field of Security. I left the interview feeling I'd done quite well.

The hiring manager told me to email him if I didn't hear about a decision in a week or so. Thats exactly what I did. He replied to me saying there was some 'BSC initiative' due to which the hiring has been put on hold and they can't hire anyone. Said once they get the permission to hire, he'd love to call me in for a second interview. If thats so, why did you interview me in the first place? I kinda sensed it was some sort of hoax to keep me as a backup option in case their preferred candidate turned them down. A couple of weeks later, I visited the job posting for this position in their website and it said that the position has been filled. I had expected it so wasn't bothered but what disappointed me the most was the fact that they didn't have the decency to inform me about it. Had I not been advised through others before that the position has been filled, I'd still be living in false hope that I may get a second interview from them. You'd expect a company like Boston Scientific to have the courtesy to inform candidates if they aren't going to be hired. I wasn't disappointed with the fact that I didn't get it, I knew I may not be the perfect candidate and all. But least you could do is inform the person he isn't going to be hired.

Interview Questions
    • Most were pretty straight forward in the entire process with questions ranging from your resume and experience on the technologies you have worked with as an intern or in school.   Answer Question