Boston Consulting Group Summer Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

10 interviews

2.9

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

The first round was very typical. There were two cases involving profitability and new business, with graphs and tables to analyze, both interviewers were very friendly and gave standard behavior questions, why consulting, leadership roles, team work. Oftentimes the interviews are running late, but do not feel rushed when answering the questions, it is better to think through your answer.

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Summer Analyst Interview

Went for a summer analyst interview. Hit me with two retail cases. Asked about personal experiences related to leadership, academics, etc.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Prague (Czech Republic)
    Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in February 2014.

Standard online application for summer intern with written ability test first. I attended the test only out of curriosity - had other plans for the summer at that time.
    The test is not predominantly logical and for rough math skills but rather for speed reading (i.e. typical GRE or GMAT test) unlike with Mckinsey.

Summer Analyst Interview

On campus recruiting, and the recruiting process was quite pleasant. The people seemed very nice and we got to meet a lot of the interviewers the day before at dinner for the 1st round interviews. The second round was at the office preference, and was with 2 manager or higher people. Both interviews quite difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpectedly did not have very much behavioral. The cases were quite straightforward up until the 2nd round where there were some curveballs.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in February 2014.

Interviewed at the BCG office in Philadelphia. Interviewers were very professional, nice, and encouraging. I enjoyed the experience. I kind of bungled the first interview a bit which is why I think I didn't make it to the second round.

Interview Questions
    • Tough case on airplane company. Lots of synthesis required in terms of charts and data; the math was fine, just being able to keep the information together was a bit difficult.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in March 2012.

Online application, followed by an invitation to solve an assessment test in the office.
    The test was quite tight in terms of time, but nothing more than pure math.
    Then a 2 one-on-one interview, with a small personal component and then two case interviews. One case was about organizational design, the other was a new product evaluation and conditions to succeed.

Interview Questions
    • One of the cases was a new product evaluation, which was completely random and unexpected.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Beijing, Beijing (China)
    Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in May 2013.

Self introduction (30 sec)
    Several questions on resume (2 min)
    A case study ( about a IT product company trying to expand in China) (6 min)
    Several more questions (since I solved the case too fast) (5 min)

Summer Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

I've gone through several banking and consulting interviews, but people at BCG definitely seemed most friendly and yet also most intellectual. Although it is somewhat difficult to land an interview with them, once you receive an invitation for the first round interview, as long as you've been preparing for the case interviews, it should not be EXTREMELY difficult. My first round was back-to-back interviews, about 30 minutes each. Case portion took most of the time each session.

Interview Questions
    • They use real cases... mine was both about increasing efficiency while maintaining profitability.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in May 2010.

Called in for 1 1:1 interview and a computer business analytical test. The 50 minute interview was 50/50 personal and case oriented. The case was a market entry case into a new part of the health industry.

Summer Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2011.

Resume/Cover Letter/ Transcript. Interview consisted of two 45 minute interviews. Both interviewers spent 5-10 mins asking "fit" questions 20-30 mins on the case and 5-10 mins for questions afterwards. Both the cases were relatively straightforward, one about whether to acquire a company and another about identifying the drop in revenues for a railroad company.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most interesting thing you have done while at school?   Answer Question

Worked for Boston Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!