Boston Consulting Group Intern Interview Questions

Updated 4 Apr, 2015
Updated 4 Apr, 2015

3.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

First round of interviews is comprised of two back-to-back interviews, each with about 15 minutes of personal questions (ie: "name a time when you led a group to achieve a tangible goal.") The second part is a 25 minute case question.

Interview Questions

• "Name a time when you failed." and the case portion in general   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Madrid (Spain)).

Interview

It took forever. Between sending the CV and being accepted and getting the first interview took 3 months. It was not very well organized, the HR department I mean. The inteview itself was great, both the ontervieweres were very friendly and nice, i was nervous but as soon as we started the fit interview it was completely ok. It was enjoyable. the whole experience was enjoyable. I am still waiting for an answer but I have a feeling I ll get it. Best of luck for the ones making it.

Interview Questions

• Outside of work, what are the things that really motivate you and that you really like enjoy doing?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Applied through my university, then had several back to back interviews for both fit and a case. I got one relatively standard case, but also one that threw me for a loop with the estimation required, though I believe it was intended to also see how well I adapted to less standard ideas. Overall though, the process was pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about your greatest weakness", and case questions of course.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I applied online for an intern position at the Milan office. The first round was composed of two written test, one about data interpretation and the other about sequences of figures. It was pretty easy, time was the major concern. In the second round i had two interviews (market entry and outsourcing issues) with principals and one online case.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions based on resume, examples of leadership and team working.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

You will have two 45-minute back-to-back interviews, including both case (35 minutes) and behavioral (10 minutes). The cases can be confusing if you don't clarify terms you don't know of. Be sure you communicate the process well. Listen and observe the interviewers. Sometimes they will pressure test you. Behavioral part is a typical process.

Application

Interview

I was chosen after sending my CV and cover letter, but I did not prepare enough the test. I focused on the case-interview and skipped the preparation for the test. When I had the paper in front of me I was simply blocked and I could not make a single number. It was really frustrating having been selected and not being able to show my suitability for the job for not preparing well enough the test

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Summit, NJ (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The process took one week. It was a good experience. Two interviews on campus (both cases and fit) but focused on case. Next day I received a call that I had made it to the final round. The final round was four days later and took place at their offices. Final round consisted of three interviews (cases and fit).

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2015.

Interview

The first round interviews were 2 back to back 45 minutes each. 5-10 minutes were for behavioral/fit questions, 30 minutes dedicated to the case case, and the rest for questions the applicant has. Behavioral questions were pretty straightforward, the interviewer is just trying to get to know you and see how you work on teams. The cases themselves are not super tricky, as long as you have a clear structure and stay organized throughout it. A lot of graphs (you need to ask the right questions to get the chart data) and some math. Interviewers are there to guide you, not trick you. But that being said, the interviews are definitely interviewee-led.

Interview Questions

• When was a time an idea of yours at your last job received pushback, and what did you do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

the first stage of the hiring process is a math part based on quantitate calculus as percentage etc (without calculator), the second part is about the resolution of a business case

Intern Interview

Interview

interviewed on campus. flew on site for second round. People are very very nice. Two cases for first round and two cases for second round. Cases are much harder for second round