Boston Consulting Group

Updated 4 Dec, 2014

3.8

140 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2014.

Great company! Initial communication with HR via telephone. Interviews were offered in two locations in Canada. Transportation cost was covered by BCG. The Toronto offices are pristine, the interviewers are smart and interesting people. You will learn a great deal about BCG, consulting and yourself during this interview process, enjoy it.

Interview Questions
  • How would you say that people describe your leadership style and how is it potentially flawed?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Consultant Interview

I applied online after attending information sessions held at university or college. I had two 45 min, one-on-one interviews that each had a short behavioral question followed by a case. Both cases were straight forward, standard cases of the sort that are found in case interview preparation books. Both interviewers were friendly and cheerful. Received a decision email three days later.

Interview Questions
    • Both cases were straight forward cases of the sort that can be found in case interview preparation books like Case in Point.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

I had two cases that were 30 minutes each and before each case there was a 15 min behavioural component. The cases were pretty straight forward. If I had done more prep I think it could have gone quite well. Both interviewers were very friendly and helpful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2012.

Challenging but interesting interview process. Every individuals involved in the process were professional and it was great to walk through the various cases with them. It felt more like a conversation. I would recommend spending 100+ hours preparing/practicing for the case interviews as this represents the core of the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • "Guesstimate" question where you have to calculate the numbers of items that fit in a certain area.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2014.

I had quite an enjoyable experience of interviewing for a consultant role. Unfortunately, I didn't make it but would have got in as an MBA hire. Initially, I was sure I didn't want to apply to BCG during their campus recruiting cycle since I felt that I wouldn't be well-prepared. During a recruiting event, I talked to the head of recruiting for one of the offices I would be applying to and he encouraged me to apply. I was called for an interview and had just over a week to prepare for the case interview. I focused on working on cases in that time and, unfortunately, neglected preparing for the online quantitative test which turned out to be my undoing. Overall, it was a great experience -- the interviewers, in particular, were gracious.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time when you received difficult feedback.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Final round: Two interviews with two principals. One focusing on personal experience and a short case, one with a "written case" and more in-depth personal experience questions. For the written case, one is supposed to spend 45 min reading the materials (a slide deck and a memo in my case) and then present to the interviewer their thinking process and findings.

Interview Questions
    • What are you passionate about? What wakes you up in the morning?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

You must apply early, or else they will reject your application outright. After submitting the application, they will ask you a first round interview involving a case study and questions on your CV. The second round consists of two case studies with your potential colleagues, and the final round is 3 case studies with firm partners.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

I went through on the ADC track and had two round of interviews. Everyone was friendly, professional and encouraging to the extent that I started to feel a real connection with the company. Unfortunately I was not extended an offer after the second round. I would highly recommend BCG. it's a really great place if you can get in.

Interview Questions
    • Second round interview consisted of a standard 45-minute interview as well as a written case that was 1 1/2 hrs in total. Key to solving both: prioritize goals, keep structure clean, state conclusions succinctly.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2014.

1st round, two case interviews, not very hard. I am a PhD, and don't have much business ground, but I think the questions are still not hard. The brainstorming part is to think about factors relevant to how to choose a city for a new restaurant.

Interview Questions
    • Use three words to describe the consulting job   View Answer

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2014.

Campus recruitin. Typical two rounds interview for ADCs. First rounds were relatively formal and cases were typical ones compared to the practice cases. Final round case with partner was difficult. Fit questions were also more challenging (ask failure, etc.) Didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time that you worked in a team and you were the problem.   Answer Question