Boston Consulting Group Consultant Interview Questions

Updated 22 Oct, 2014

3.8

135 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2014.

Great company! Initial communication with HR via telephone. Interviews were offered in two locations in Canada. Transportation cost was covered by BCG. The Toronto offices are pristine, the interviewers are smart and interesting people. You will learn a great deal about BCG, consulting and yourself during this interview process, enjoy it.

Interview Questions
  • How would you say that people describe your leadership style and how is it potentially flawed?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Consultant Interview

I applied online after attending information sessions held at university or college. I had two 45 min, one-on-one interviews that each had a short behavioral question followed by a case. Both cases were straight forward, standard cases of the sort that are found in case interview preparation books. Both interviewers were friendly and cheerful. Received a decision email three days later.

Interview Questions
    • Both cases were straight forward cases of the sort that can be found in case interview preparation books like Case in Point.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

I had two cases that were 30 minutes each and before each case there was a 15 min behavioural component. The cases were pretty straight forward. If I had done more prep I think it could have gone quite well. Both interviewers were very friendly and helpful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2012.

Challenging but interesting interview process. Every individuals involved in the process were professional and it was great to walk through the various cases with them. It felt more like a conversation. I would recommend spending 100+ hours preparing/practicing for the case interviews as this represents the core of the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • "Guesstimate" question where you have to calculate the numbers of items that fit in a certain area.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

You must apply early, or else they will reject your application outright. After submitting the application, they will ask you a first round interview involving a case study and questions on your CV. The second round consists of two case studies with your potential colleagues, and the final round is 3 case studies with firm partners.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

I went through on the ADC track and had two round of interviews. Everyone was friendly, professional and encouraging to the extent that I started to feel a real connection with the company. Unfortunately I was not extended an offer after the second round. I would highly recommend BCG. it's a really great place if you can get in.

Interview Questions
    • Second round interview consisted of a standard 45-minute interview as well as a written case that was 1 1/2 hrs in total. Key to solving both: prioritize goals, keep structure clean, state conclusions succinctly.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2014.

1st round, two case interviews, not very hard. I am a PhD, and don't have much business ground, but I think the questions are still not hard. The brainstorming part is to think about factors relevant to how to choose a city for a new restaurant.

Interview Questions
    • Use three words to describe the consulting job   View Answer

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2014.

Campus recruitin. Typical two rounds interview for ADCs. First rounds were relatively formal and cases were typical ones compared to the practice cases. Final round case with partner was difficult. Fit questions were also more challenging (ask failure, etc.) Didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time that you worked in a team and you were the problem.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2014.

The very good point of BCG is that they assign you a buddy in order to prep the interview and ask the preliminary questions. Having said that, I guess that unless you clearly say in the interview that you are ready to kill/die for the job, I guess chances are very slim. The interviewers were very friendly and nice. The process is probably very good in order to pick very competitive, motivated people.

Interview Questions
    • 2*45 min, 20 min of CV questions, the rest on case study + questions for the interviewer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Networking is key to get a interview slot. Very important to identify the office of choice and have a strong reason as to why that office suits you well. Half the battle is behavioral, so trying to "crack" only the case interview may not be sufficient. Need to front load the networking and get into the list of interviews and then focus on working on the case interview. BCG case interviews are usually open ended unlike other consulting firms. You are expected to drive the process by yourself.

Interview Questions
    • No bouncers, straight forward questions. The case can be tricky at time, esp. the second round ones which are with the partners   Answer Question
    Not much room for negotiation on salary - potentially joining date etc are negotiable