Boston Consulting Group Consultant Interview Questions

Updated 29 Jun, 2015

3.8

Consultant Interview

Interview

The first round of interviews consists of two interviews (with two different BCG employees), with three parts each. The first is a behavioral part, which is more like a conversation about items in your resume. The second part is a typical business case, as used by most business consulting firms in their recruiting process. The third part is about a 5 minute window to ask any questions.

Interview Questions

• The business case part is difficult: I would recommend studying beforehand, but it is also interesting and challenging.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Toronto, ON) in September-2014.

Interview

Great company! Initial communication with HR via telephone. Interviews were offered in two locations in Canada. Transportation cost was covered by BCG. The Toronto offices are pristine, the interviewers are smart and interesting people. You will learn a great deal about BCG, consulting and yourself during this interview process, enjoy it.

Interview Questions

• How would you say that people describe your leadership style and how is it potentially flawed?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

I applied online after attending information sessions held at university or college. I had two 45 min, one-on-one interviews that each had a short behavioral question followed by a case. Both cases were straight forward, standard cases of the sort that are found in case interview preparation books. Both interviewers were friendly and cheerful. Received a decision email three days later.

Interview Questions

• Both cases were straight forward cases of the sort that can be found in case interview preparation books like Case in Point.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I had two cases that were 30 minutes each and before each case there was a 15 min behavioural component. The cases were pretty straight forward. If I had done more prep I think it could have gone quite well. Both interviewers were very friendly and helpful.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Toronto, ON) in September-2012.

Interview

Challenging but interesting interview process. Every individuals involved in the process were professional and it was great to walk through the various cases with them. It felt more like a conversation. I would recommend spending 100+ hours preparing/practicing for the case interviews as this represents the core of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• "Guesstimate" question where you have to calculate the numbers of items that fit in a certain area.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

Applied online. Invited to their office for first round. 2 in-person interviews, 45 minutes each, 1:1, behavioral + case. Nothing was out of the ordinary with cases. One case was about revenue growth, the other was about cutting cost. One interviewer has MBA, the other is a PhD. The whole interview process was fast. Heard back next working day.

Interview Questions

• Routine behavioral questions. One did ask about something on my resume.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Summit, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Summit, NJ (US)) in June-2015.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. I just applied online from a college alumni career posting and then the interview was setup at the local or regional office of your choice. Interview was with a new consultant and a principal.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Seoul (South Korea)).

Interview

I applied through on-line for the consultant position. Got a call from HR few weeks later to schedule an interview saying that she will send me the confirmation email right away but didn't get till the next day. HR called again to change the time of the interview, confirmed, got a confirmation email.

Interview Questions

• typical why BCG, why consulting questions and a case study interview   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Relaxed open first meeting, very friendly conversational style. The interviewer was pleasant, professional, remarkably adept at drawing out information and had a winning style promoting corporate and culture to make it appear very compelling.

Interview Questions

• Gentle questions, walking through experience, lots of tell us more about that, who was involved, what was the driver/outcome? What specific skills can you bring to analysing strategic issues? Outline in detail an example where you have worked with an unfamiliar team on an unfamiliar task giving us insight into your role, issues and resolution. High level discussion on financial background and technical skills. What development areas will you need us to invest in? What are your medium term plans, what is attracting you to us?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

5 rounds of interviews by many different teams and executives.

They were very focused and really wanted to know your background and giving specific examples. They also do a lot of follow up questions. You can't lie your way through the interviews.

Interview Questions

• If you were a brand, what would be your motto?   1 Answer