Boston Consulting Group

Updated 6 Nov, 2014

3.9

60 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

First round interview: 2 back to back interviews with associates doing business cases. Spent a little time in the conference room mingling and eating the provided burritos.

Wait 7-8 days...call from the recruiter asking me to come back in. He gave me feedback on what to do better and what I did well. Second round interview scheduled for two weeks later.

Second (final) round interview: 3 back to back 45 min interviews with 2 case team leaders and 1 principal. Slightly more time spent on fit, but the case is the focus.

Most important advice given to me: you have to nail ALL THREE cases to get the offer: I only nailed two, ce la vie...

Interview Questions
  • Really nothing surprising if you're trying to get into consulting. Very little time spent on fit questions, just your average case studies. Lots of graphs...   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

The whole process took about a month. Applied online to a SEA office, was contacted about a week after my application. Interviews were done in a top notch hotel, very organized, very nice people.

No negotiation.

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Applied for the summer recruitment drive. First round interview over Video conference since I applied for Dubai office. Good at feedback. Not so good at organising interview dates. Try to go for in person interviews if possible unless you are very good at communicating thought process to interviewer over video.

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

I went to all the campus events and the people were extremely nice. Once I had been picked for first round interviews they introduced me to some current employees who would practice cases with me over the phone. The interview was two 45 min cases. The people were very nice but it seems BCG is looking for you to drive the case on your own more than some of the other consulting companies.

Interview Questions
    • case on 1 company buys another and wants to know what to do with the two distribution channels.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2014.

I was at a target school, applied on the website, interviewed about a week after applying. They were pretty difficult case interviews. You need to be quite experienced with case interviews before going to a interview with them. Suggested amount of practices was about 20 - 30 cases. They expect you to lead the case a lot. So be structured and be creative!

Associate Consultant Interview

Interviewed on university campus for first round interview. Interviewed by 2 different people, each was 45 minutes long. The interviews had a few behavioral questions followed by a case and then time for questions and answers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when it was difficult to be a leader   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2014.

Very efficient process. Applied on campus, was contact after 6 days for an on-campus interview. The interview includes 2 back-to-back interview. The case itself was not hard, the hard part was for you to take charge and explain areas you want to explore. In other words, the analysis was not difficult, but to ask the right questions to extract the right data was the challenging part.
    The interviewers were extremely nice. Having been through the dreaded stress test interviews for other firms, I found BCG's interviews to be very pleasant and professional.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a bar chart and had to struggle a bit to figure out what new meaning the graph shed on our current business situation   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Düsseldorf (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Düsseldorf (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Communication with HR was very efficient and extremely friendly.
    Interview 1st round was as described. 2 interviews with cases. The interviewer were very friendly. Cases weren't tough, but time was very limited. Online case was less numerical but more about business sense and logic.
    2nd round is three interviews with cases and more difficult. Fit to company is the more important part, I assume.
    BCG called with really good feedback after.

Interview Questions
    • How would it make you feel if you made an analysis and found the best option for a client but he decides to go another way which you know wouldn't benefit him as much?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Interviewed on campus, standard initial round of two case interviews. Lots of feedback provided. Then an additional case prep and second round which consistent of three case interviews. People were very friendly. May be due to the fact that people were recruiting on campus. I interviewed from DC for New York.

Associate Consultant Interview

I was first invited to a preparation Workshop, it covered the firm’s culture, recruitment process and a sample case analysis. I found the sample case analysis very useful. So there were 3 rounds of interview, each round composed of 2 case interviews. I was interviewed by a principal first, and then a consultant. Unfortunately, I did not make it through the first round. I would recommend interviewees to develop a framework instead of tackling the questions intuitively.