Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions

Updated 18 Oct, 2014
Updated 18 Oct, 2014

2.7

Acquisition Analyst, Junior Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Contacted by recruiter for a preliminary phone interview with basic HR questions. Profile was then sent to hiring managers. Invited to an onsite Hiring Event and interviewed with three groups of two interviewers. The groups were of different teams and positions. It is not a normal interview where you sit for one specific position. Each group went through my resume and asked how about my experience would fit into their respective position. Each group has 20 minutes face time, and the entire process was about 90 minutes. Specifically mention a date that the recruiter would get back. Recruiter confirmed an offer from one of the team in the next week.

Associate Interview

Interview is easy. The first is hard to see what you know and don't know. The second is to let you know if you like the proposed position. Not a hard interview at all. More about personality.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to propose a new solution and also sell it for future contractual work   Answer Question
    None

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Initially has one phone interview as a screening with an internal recruiter (HR) with behavioral questions and resume related questions. Then had an onsite interview which lasted several hours, including 3 interviews each with a 2 person panel. Later had one more phone interview for follow-up to clarify which group would be the best fit.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you failed to meet the objectives of the project.   Answer Question
    Negotiation is possible if you have valid reasons.

Staff Technologist Interview

Pretty simple. Showed up to the herndon office and interviewed with three senior/lead engineers. Took about 2 hours in total. Got a call the next day to setup a package.

Interview Questions
    • Step up to the whiteboard and build a diagram of a restaurant that is looking to promote its online market.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

After 1 hour screening interview, had 1 hour interview with Principal. Was extended an offer about 3 weeks later. Interview was mainly around my professional background, skills, behavioral questions and my aspirations for joining Booz Allen.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't have any business case-related questions. Just behavior questions and what one was seeking in transitioning to Booz Allen.   Answer Question
    Tried to negotiate, but did not have much success.

Management Consulting Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

On campus recruiting. Heard back promptly. Simple behavioral interview and standard questions. Nothing out of left field. Very good interviewer. Second round was with someone in my desired field. Very easy and nice people.

Interview Questions
    Pretty simple and straight forward.

Software Engineer, Junior Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Awesome process! Great that I've experienced various other interviews prior to my interview with Booz Allen Hamilton. They begin with an over the phone interview and if you pass the basics(knowledge about the company, the position, your own resume topped with a positive ambitious attitude - you should expect an email invitation to the next round). My session was a group session with interviewees looking to fill various other rolls within the company. There is a question and answer group portion(ask at least one genius question) and then you will be individually interviewed by 2-3 employees of the company that will be potentially working with you on the project you are interviewing for.

Interview Questions

Offered another job closer to my home.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in October 2014.

Impressed! After a telephone screen, by a very polished BAH Sr. Recruiter, Invited to attend a speed dating like interview event where candidates could interview with different managers working on distinct projects. Lots of coordination required of the BAH folks, but everything went smoothly and according to plan. The managers I interviewed with were both down to earth, professional and new what they were talking about. For the first time in awhile, I walked away from an interview(s) with a very positive feeling for the company and all the BAH employees I encountered along the way.

Interview Questions
    • What did you find out about the company that you did not glean from researching the company or the brief orientation that you received prior to your interview today?   View Answer

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in October 2014.

The interview process with this company involved 3 separate interviews that lasted about 90 minutes. Each Booz Allen representative interviewed me for 30 minutes each. Each rep had a set of questions focusing on my qualifications, knowledge about the job, information about the company, and if I was a good fit for the company. Although this process seems grueling, the interview was very relaxing. The representatives made me feel comfortable and not like I was up against the "firing squad". At the end of the interview, one rep informed me that I should be contacted by the company within 2 weeks. I'm still waiting to hear from them.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

HR set up a set of 3 one-hour interviews on a Friday. One was with an Associate and two were with Senior Associates. Interview focused on understanding of the firm's business, culture, and values, as well as behavioral questions. Behavioral questions were in the form: "Give me an example of a time when you..." Team debrief happened immediately following. HR called Monday afternoon with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when you had to display empathy.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.