Booz Allen Hamilton

Updated 18 Nov, 2014
Updated 18 Nov, 2014

2.7

Financial Administration (Junior Level) Interview

I had about an hr long phone interview with 3 senior staff from the team. They talked about the position and the gist of the current project. The interview questions were pretty straight forward yet slightly technical.

Costomer Advocate/Strategic Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in O Fallon, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in O Fallon, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

A friend already in the company referred me for this position after I retired from the AF. I interviewed with the manager and two senior leaders, but they were more like discussions. None of the interviews lasted more than 30 minutes. They focused some on my background, but more on the job ahead. I don't recall any challenging questions, but it was over 6 years ago.

Interview Questions
    Very short. They knew my military salary/benefits and generously offered comparable salary. I didn't submit a counter offer.

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

The interview was for the role of an associate in strategic innovation group. Part of the interview was conduct over the phone and the second of the interview was conducted in person with two hiring managers.

Interview Questions
    • The interview did not seem difficult or challenging and focused on several behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Applied with my resume. I was contacted via email to set up a phone call. I talked to two separate team members. I had no prior connection, and the entire process took about a month. Most of the interview was behavioral, and was not technical. However, they did ask some questions that required critical thinking.

Level III Research Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Received an offer after going through an externship program with the Strategic Innovation Group. The externship had one phone call where they asked basic Java concepts. The externship dealt with writing a MapReduce job, learning how to perform SQL Injection, and using Agile Development.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were basic Java questions (i.e. describe the complexity of searching in an unbalanced array, describe polymorphism, etc.).   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Applied through my University and got an interview on campus within a few days (15 min interview). Then received an email about 2 weeks later asking for a phone interview (1.5 hours with 3 1:1 interviewers). Very nice people. All interviewers were fairly relaxed though some technical questions were asked. They spoke a lot about the position itself

Interview Questions
    • Some technical questions about statistical modeling (logarithmic questions)   Answer Question
    Pretty set in salary

Acquisition Analyst, Junior Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Contacted by recruiter for a preliminary phone interview with basic HR questions. Profile was then sent to hiring managers. Invited to an onsite Hiring Event and interviewed with three groups of two interviewers. The groups were of different teams and positions. It is not a normal interview where you sit for one specific position. Each group went through my resume and asked how about my experience would fit into their respective position. Each group has 20 minutes face time, and the entire process was about 90 minutes. Specifically mention a date that the recruiter would get back. Recruiter confirmed an offer from one of the team in the next week.

Associate Interview

Interview is easy. The first is hard to see what you know and don't know. The second is to let you know if you like the proposed position. Not a hard interview at all. More about personality.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to propose a new solution and also sell it for future contractual work   Answer Question
    None

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Initially has one phone interview as a screening with an internal recruiter (HR) with behavioral questions and resume related questions. Then had an onsite interview which lasted several hours, including 3 interviews each with a 2 person panel. Later had one more phone interview for follow-up to clarify which group would be the best fit.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you failed to meet the objectives of the project.   Answer Question
    Negotiation is possible if you have valid reasons.

Staff Technologist Interview

Pretty simple. Showed up to the herndon office and interviewed with three senior/lead engineers. Took about 2 hours in total. Got a call the next day to setup a package.

Interview Questions
    • Step up to the whiteboard and build a diagram of a restaurant that is looking to promote its online market.   Answer Question