Booz Allen Hamilton

Updated 12 Jan, 2015
Updated 12 Jan, 2015

2.7

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Participated in on-campus recruiting. Of the 9 companies I interviewed with my Senior year, BAH was the only one that made me feel like the interviewer was trying to get to know me as a person. It was not an interrogation, nor was it full of standard questions that everyone has pre-prepared answers for. It was a genuine conversation. Ultimately, this is why i chose BAH

Interview Questions
    no negotiation. every college hire in technology was brought in at the same amount

Summer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Emailed recruiter with resume; I had a competitive GPA in very difficult majors so she got back directly and had in person interview. I think this route normally is hard to do if you are not a college student just because it looks a bit unprofessional, but if you are, definitely reach out to someone and network.

Interview Questions
    • It was mostly a fit interview; no technical questions; asked a lot of questions regarding items on resume you must be able to attest to these quickly and effectively.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Referred by a current employee. Contacted by a recruiter about a month later and did an informal phone interview on the spot. Contacted about one week later for an in person interview, scheduled for the following week. Interview itself consisted of 4 one-on-one 30 minute interviews with members of the team I was being considered for.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a team member who wasn't contributing. How did you handle the situation? What advice would you offer to someone else in a similar situation?   Answer Question
    I asked for a 10% increase but was told that my initial offer was the most they could offer. However, the initial offer was very competitive so I accepted.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview was straightforward. It was really like a conversation about my strengths and company's vision. Bottom line: interviewer wanted to make sure that I am a good fit for the company's strategic vision and govt consulting. Offered Salary was low for a metropolitan such as D.C.

Interview Questions
    • How will you make things happen and moving in a bureaucratic environments   Answer Question
    No negotiations were allowed. They try to match the previous salary.

Defense Research Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

A grad school classmate internally referred me to Booz Allen. About a month later, I received a call about an opportunity. After speaking with a recruiter (really a screening call), I was asked to attend an interview event at the company's head quarters in McLean. At the event, we each had about 10-15 minutes to speak with a couple of individuals that were currently supporting specific contracts. At the end of the event, we were told we would hear back one way or another within a week. I did not hear back for a month, after which I had a phone interview with more specifics about the job I would be performing.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very straight forward--how can you apply your previous experience, why do you want to work for the company. Knowing Booz Allen's "Core Values" is helpful.   Answer Question
    I negotiated a higher salary than what was initially offered. The back-and-forth took a few days.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

My interview process was minimal. I came in one time and met with a panel of employees who put me through a 40 minute interview. The interview focused on ensuring a cultural fit, once they had their answer I was asked questions to verify my experience that was listed on my resume. A week later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult or unexpected. The questions asked were aimed at identifying qualifications but were mostly focused on ensuring a cultural fit.   Answer Question
    I had very little room to negotiate. I was young with little experience and they did not have the contract yet so the demand was less than it would be if they needed an immediate hire to fill a position.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

My first interview was wonderful, I met with the EA's of two of the partners of the team and it was mostly their decision since they would be working with the new hire. Meeting with the senior managers was a delight, everyone was real nice and friendly, they didn't put you through the ringer, but that was 14 years ago.

Interview Questions
    • The ever dreadful of "where do you see yourself in 5 years" or "what are your weaknesses"   View Answer

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Started the process with an individual phone interview with the recruiter. After that, I moved on to a panel interview with future colleagues and a manager. When I received word that I passed that phase, I received an invite to a final interview with senior management to confirm my fit with the position and team.

Interview Questions
    • All routine questions about handling conflict with clients/colleagues, biggest success in career, biggest failure in career, etc.   Answer Question
    Very straightforward. HR submitted an offer to me. I submitted a counteroffer. HR accepted my counteroffer. I started work 3 weeks later.

Senior Consultant Interview

very knowledgable regarding the platforms I have used in the past. They know what they are looking for and based on your resume they make you feel like they know you already.

Senior Associate/Senior Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in December 2014.

Process was straightforward. Went thru 2 phone interviews with recruiter, then was set up for phone interview with VP. I was cold sourced via LinkedIn so LI is working as a mechanism for being found. Most disappointing aspect was zero follow-up by recruiter after 3rd interview. I've learned as a hiring manager myself that a disconnect in follow-up at this point makes a lasting, and unfortunately negative impression of the company that is difficult to remedy. Most recruiters have figured out by now that if one isn't a fit for "this" position they may be for the next and that candidates will remember how the engagement went.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Primary focus ended up being work location and flexibility around using satellite offices. While assured this was acceptable by recruiter, it seemed less so when talking to VP.   Answer Question