Booz Allen Hamilton

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details Get spammed for potential work (not funded) by HR contractors. Sit through an interview given empty promises. Sit at the Herndon office for two days of Indoctrination, the pinnacle of which was an ethics board game.

Interview Question – Generic technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – We're gonna pay you less than what you were making but were gonna throw in a 10K sign-on bonus, mkay

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
McLean, VA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2010.

Interview Details Phone interview then 4 hr interview. Had 4 people interview me in the group I was being considered for. The last one was with the Principal of the team. Interview with each person was 30 minutes. I was called and given an offer within 2 days- then followed by an offer letter

Interview Question – Name 3 things you feel you need to work on?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate

Consultant, Strategic Communications Interview

Consultant, Strategic Communications
Tampa, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in May 2010.

Interview Details Went the through the hiring process on two separate occasions: once in 2004 when I ended up receiving a job offer and accepting that job offer; a second time back in 2010 ( after I had left the company several years before for another opportunity). In 2010 I did not receive an offer, partly because I think the position/project didn't align with my experience.

Both times the process was similar: interviewed on the same day with three different team members. Each interview lasted about 20-30 min. It was obvious that each interviewee was assigned a different task, in terms of vetting me as a candidate. One interview was tailored toward personality, what I enjoyed outside of work - more conversational. Another interview asked specific questions, in regards to previous work experience and situations I had encountered (for example, a time I encountered a stalled project ... ). In both cases, the third and final interview seemed to be aimed at finding out how passionate I was about the subject at hand, the position, etc...

In 2010, I did receive a scheduled writing test that I had one hour to complete from my computer at home.

Overall, not a bad experience, and everyone I encountered in the interview process was professional and courteous.

Interview Question – It was about project experience: name a time that the scope of the project completely changed and how you handled it (one question that comes to mind - admittedly, I don't remember the rest of those questions ... for some reason I kind of froze up on those questions – I do remember that ... )   Answer Question

Financial Analyst - Consultant Interview

Financial Analyst - Consultant
McLean, VA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details I was referred to the firm by an alumni from one of my previous universities. I am a recent college grad and was extremely lucky with this opportunity, seeing I know my hiring process was far from traditional. A few days after my contact forwarded my resume, I was called for an in person interview. No phone interview whatsoever, the call was just to schedule a time to meet at the McLean office.

I met with only one individual who went over many different aspects of the company and also what I could potentially expect on the job. This was unlike any interview I have ever had. We did not discuss my background very much or my skill sets. It was simply to explain the position to me and answer any questions that I had.

I was called by my recruiter for an offer about 15 minutes after the interview and I gratefully accepted. Again, my hiring process was very different as I was told that Booz Allen may see as many as a few thousand applicants per job and around a half million job applicants per year. A key to employment with Booz Allen is an internal referral. They pride themselves on having 55% of new hires be from referrals. They are the premier government consulting firm and as one can assume, they continue to look for people that are very similar to themselves.

Interview Question – no difficult questions, just conversation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – easy negotiation seeing as I am fresh out of college, got what I asked for.

Web Developer/UI Designer Interview

Web Developer/UI Designer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2014.

Interview Details I applied online, got a phone call from one of the recruiters to schedule for an interview. The whole interview took one hour with three different interviewers. They mainly ask about my web design process and how I would approach things. They also asked me some problem solving questions and to see how I would tackle the problem.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Booz Allen?   Answer Question

Strategic Communication Analyst Interview

Strategic Communication Analyst
Montgomery, AL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details I posted my resume on Booz Allen's website and received a phone call from a recruiter the next day. We scheduled a phone interview for the next day, which was a Thursday, and then set up an in person interview for Monday. Received a verbal job offer the day after the interview. The whole process was quick and simple, and they made sure to talk about benefit package.

Interview Question – Explain a situation where you created and implemented a strategic communication plan.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary was a bit low for the offer, but they seemed willing to negotiate. Ultimately, my husband and I decided we weren't going to stay in our current location so I choose to decline.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
McLean, VA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2014.

Interview Details Was contact by a recruiter after an employee referral via email to set up a phone conversation. It was a mini phone interview with the recruiter and I followed up and got a response 9 days later to set up an on-site interview at the McLean office. We were in a room with an overview of the company and the department then had two 30-min interviews with two different people. There were multiple interviews going on in the same room. Both my interviewers were reading my resume there at the table and one just picked a bullet, read it to me and asked me about it. The first one seemed like she was about ready to go home as the interview was towards the end of the work day. She seemed pretty uninterested in the entire process and talking to me. The second person did a much better job. Questions were behavioral and asked about past experiences. No contact information was given for the interviewers or the head recruiter.

Interview Question – What consulting skills would you bring to the team?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
Crystal City, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in October 2013.

Interview Details Phone screen, one on one and group interview. They are a very young group and it seemed a little like indoctrination. had to wait for weeks to get my clearance verified

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were better than the alternatives

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details I met with about 4 people, 2 of which were over the phone. Everyone was extremely nice, interested in my capabilities as well as who I was and how I would fit in. I was then called by not only member of team they thought would be a great fit, but the supervisor of the team and his supervisor. They were always willing to answer my questions and when they were unsure, they took the time to figure it out and get back to me. All around a great interview experience.

Interview Question – How would you design a system designed to process unstructured data?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Compensation was not up to par with what I was looking for.

Very Easy Interview

Associate Project Manager Interview

Associate Project Manager
Alexandria, VA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in January 2011.

Interview Details All communications with BAH and the client were clear and professional. I had four interviews with both client and company representatives. All questions regarding my abilities and mind-set were answered fully. Upon being offered a salary there was an assurance from both me and BAH that the offer was adequate and acceptable. The overall hiring and training processes were very well integrated and went very smoothly as well.

Interview Question – In my field of Joint Forces Exercise Integration I have the unique situation of having been the originator of the process called the mission essential task list. I first designed and implemented it in 1975 and it grew into a complete Joint concept for all levels of war. Basically, I did not have any questions that I could not answer in this area, if anything I was able to more fully inform the interviewers of possible misconceptions they might have had, or reinforce some of the notions they might already have thought about. My goal is to impart the right information all of the time regardless of my audience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was very simple and direct because we both knew and understood the basic values of what the client needed and the added value I would bring to the overall need of the client effort.

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!