Boeing Interview Questions

Updated 26 Oct, 2014
Updated 26 Oct, 2014

2.8

Supply Chain Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing in January 2013.

It took them almost 2 months after I applied to contact me for the interview. Interview took less than an hour, STAR approach. When you know the job, it's very easy to answer the questions.
    Interviewers were great: friendly, welcoming, understanding. I really enjoyed the experience. In 2 days I got a call advising that I was selected for the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you had to meet deadlines for multiple projects   View Answer
    It was VERY difficult and long:
    they sent me an offer, I counter-offered. It took them 5 days to get back with an answer. They left the offer the way it was initially. I was going to take it anyway, advised my boss that I'm leaving and my employer gave me an offer as well. A very good one. So I declined Boeing's offer. 5 days later Boeing called me and offered a good signing bonus.
    I ended up accepting Boing's offer (it has just happened:-).
    My start date is in 4 weeks.
    Do not be afraid to counter-offer! Even if they don't accept it, they won't move to another candidate. they must offer you the initial package again, and then it's up to you - take it or leave it.

Construction Administrator Interview

Structured interview process. Interviewed by 5 employees and had to answer about 7-8 questions with setting the time, location and detailed events on how you dealt with the problem or situation. All the employees are grading you and it's very hard to tell how you've done on the interview. At the end you get to ask any questions you have, but you really don't get to tell them about yourself.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you failed at something and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

Originally, I met with Boeing employees during the career fair, and eventually submitted my resume through a campus recruiting center. Within a week, got an offer to interview with Boeing representatives. Typical STAR format, the interview was on-campus and very conversational overall. Received an offer to Boeing Defense five days later, requested a transfer to Puget-Sound and was approved within a week.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me a time you came in conflict with a superior's decision."   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boeing.

On campus interview: First round was a one on one behavioral with the basic questions you can find anywhere such as: state a time when you didn't meet a deadline, state a time when you lead a team, what was your role, what was the outcome: The key to success is using the STAR format to answer all questions
    Second round was a group case study interview in which you and a group of other students have to come up with a solution to the problem. The interviewers observe and say nothing until the process is over. I got a call that night with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are not very difficult in general as long as you do some company research.   Answer Question

Program Manager, Specialist Interview

Apply on-line and wait through a long screening process. Everything is automated and you will be notified if you will get an interview or if you were not chosen. If chosen, you will get either a face-to-face or phone interview. Interviews are structured and consist of a panel usually of four people: hiring manager, peer, core manager and human resources representative. Usually six questions of varying degrees. Assume if you get an interview you are qualified. The company is now looking for the best attributres in an employee for the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how your background and experience align to the job.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Boeing.

I knew someone who worked in a department that was hiring summer interns. I had her pass my resume along to her manager and then I applied online to the job application. I was asked to schedule one phone interview (I didn't live near the facility so we didn't have an in-person interview).

Interview Questions
    • Discuss a time that you assumed leadership of a situation without being asked.   Answer Question
    Intern, so no negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Boeing.

Applied online, three weeks later got an email inviting me to interview. Simple, laid back STAR interview. At the end of the interview I was told that I was being recommended for hire. 2 weeks later I got an email saying that Boeing would not be able to offer me a position.

Finance Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

Applied online. Received a call for an on-site interview, which was all behavioral (STAR) questions. Interviewed with a manager and current finance analyst, and the interview lasted about 1 hour. Terrific people - everyone was laid back and friendly. I received a call with the offer about one week later.

Interview Questions
    • What's the most difficult decision you have ever had to make?   Answer Question
    I chose not to negotiate. It was a very good offer.

Engineer Technical Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing.

I applied for this job in March 2014. I was contacted in May for a phone interview. Typical behavioral questions using the STAR method. Waited for two months and got invited to a second in person off site interview, again a STAR method interview. Waited another month and received an offer. I was able to ask questions about the job after the interview was over. It took five weeks from the offer date to start date due to Boeing's background check process, either they have a backlog of checks to go through or it got lost.

Interview Questions
    • How you handled yourself in a diversity situation? You have to remember Diversity isn't just about race, it can be age, sex, religion, work methods.....   View Answer
    The HR rep is a contractor and they told me that the offer is final. Took a paycut for better benefits and a better career path.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

I applied online in late September. I got an email saying I met the minimum requirements and my application was being "considered". About a week after this, I got an email asking me to set up an interview time slot.

The interview was with one HR member and one full time employee in the rotational program. The HR woman was super nice and friendly! The rotational employee was knowledgable. They made it very clear from the start to use the STAR format. Interview consisted of 3 STAR format questions.

I was told I would hear back 2-3 weeks later. A week later, I got a call from the same HR woman with my offer!! I was pretty surprised considering I didn't think the interview went that well.

Interview Questions
    • I'm not allowed to disclose any questions, but if you know your STAR you'll be in good shape.   Answer Question
    No negotiation for internship.