Boeing Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.8

Supply Chain Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boeing in January 2013.

It took them almost 2 months after I applied to contact me for the interview. Interview took less than an hour, STAR approach. When you know the job, it's very easy to answer the questions.
    Interviewers were great: friendly, welcoming, understanding. I really enjoyed the experience. In 2 days I got a call advising that I was selected for the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you had to meet deadlines for multiple projects   View Answer
    It was VERY difficult and long:
    they sent me an offer, I counter-offered. It took them 5 days to get back with an answer. They left the offer the way it was initially. I was going to take it anyway, advised my boss that I'm leaving and my employer gave me an offer as well. A very good one. So I declined Boeing's offer. 5 days later Boeing called me and offered a good signing bonus.
    I ended up accepting Boing's offer (it has just happened:-).
    My start date is in 4 weeks.
    Do not be afraid to counter-offer! Even if they don't accept it, they won't move to another candidate. they must offer you the initial package again, and then it's up to you - take it or leave it.

Review Process Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Boeing.

I was approached at a recruiting event at my college. I had one interview there, a phone interview a few weeks later, then was flown to St. Louis for an all day event with multiple interviews culminating in a group interview where I and 5 others were presented with a challenge to talk and work through. All of the individual interviews were of the STAR method.

Interview Questions
    • It's all pretty standard stuff. Be prepared to talk about your past work experience in story mode. I recommend actually writing out several responses based on the job req you are interviewing for.   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Boeing.

There was one phone interview with 3 people. They had set questions to ask where they could not go off the script and had to record everything you said. I expected there to be a second round of interviews at the plant but they made an offer after only the single phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • They were all "Tell me about a time..." type questions.   Answer Question

Decided job was not best fit for me.

Engineer Interview

Very generic interview with only four or five impersonal questions.

Questions were about previous work experience or about how you would handle a situation or experience.

I believe the interview followed the STAR method. Situation, task, action, result

Structural Design Engineer I Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boeing in February 2013.

Usually the first interview is a phone screen, then depending on how that goes you either get an in person interview or an offer letter. I was given an offer after my phone interview with 3 people. Questions were mostly behavioral. They might throw in a twist like, describe a time when you solved an engineering problem, where you have to describe a real engineering problem, a solution, and results.

Interview Questions
    • Might ask about a real engineering problem, where you have to describe a real engineering problem, a solution, and results.   View Answer
    There is not much negotiation with salary, everything is pretty automated and standard. You are given a bonus plus any expenses to move if you are outside of state.

Boeing Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Boeing in March 2014.

All of the questions were Situation, Behavior, Outcome type questions where you are asked a formal question about a specific situation. You are expected to reply in the typical formatted fashion for these types of questions. Very formal and HR centric.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations for interns.

Structural Analysis Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Boeing.

Applied in April online, didn't hear anything until the beginning of August. Received email saying congratulations, we are moving forward with your application. Got an email from a hiring manager shortly after to schedule a phone interview. The interview took place about a week later. Five people in the interview, 5 behavioral questions asked. STAR format. They asked several questions digging deeper into my answers. About a week and a half later, I received another email from my hiring manager saying they are moving to an on-site interview. That interview took place in mid September.

Project Management Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Boeing in August 2011.

Online Application utilizing applicant tracking software. Must insert keywords in resume. 5 question interview, structured, STAR style: Tell me about a time you had to communicate with someone else, Tell me how you leverage diversity, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to communicate with someone. Caught me off guard because I communicate at almost every moment with people and deciding which experience to share was difficult.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Cost Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Boeing.

had one panel interview with department managers and hr. received a response after 2 weeks.went throught negotiation process...which was lenghty and finally accepted job;however got withdrawn due change in staffing needs

Interview Questions
    • Atime when you had to work with a difficult team member and how you handled it.   Answer Question

the salary wasn't attractive

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Boeing.

Applied for the job on their website and was contacted by global staffing to set up a phone interview. Some jobs do require some pre-interview screenings and personality tests that you can do on the internet--they send you a login/password and it's all confidential. For more senior positions and if you're applying internally they will usually try to set up a physical interview with you if you live in the area.

The interview lasted about an hour and was composed of two hiring managers and a HR person. It followed the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Results) for all questions except the first "Tell us about yourself and why you are a good fit for this position.." as well as an opportunity for me to ask questions afterwards.

The questions were all based directly from the job description among the "General" and "Technical" requirements and could have been very easy to prepare for ahead of time by simply reading the job posting--the requirements are in bullet points (e.g. "Process Modeling", "Work Place Design").

It's important to note that Boeing is currently in the middle of transitioning from their old proprietary job posting system to Taleo but the general format and content of their job postings hasn't changed--all the information you need is still there as far as I can tell.

Every single Boeing interview will also have a question about diversity aka "Tell me about a time when you had to deal with someone from a different cultural background" or some variant.

For this position I was offered the job a few hours after the interview, but that isn't common. Response time is highly, highly variable and can range from hours to months. It was of course dependent on a background check by both Boeing and NASA (typically it'll just be Boeing--but if you're applying certain jobs there will be extra requirements such as security clearance) and a drug screening by both.

Boeing doesn't typically negotiate much. You can try but it's not general practice for them to budge on anything; I have been on both sides of the table and have never seen any substantial negotiation of salary. They don't do signing bonuses in my experience.

IMPORTANT: If you care about relocation, make sure that you read the job posting--it will generally say yes or no for 'Relocation Assistance.' If for some reason that isn't specified due to their transition to Taleo, find out if you care.

The reason I say this is THEY WILL NEVER NEGOTIATE THIS IN AN OFFER--if relocation assistance isn't specified in the job posting, you will not get relocation assistance. Period.

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!