Boeing

Updated 28 Jan, 2015
Updated 28 Jan, 2015

2.8

Supply Chain Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing in January 2013.

It took them almost 2 months after I applied to contact me for the interview. Interview took less than an hour, STAR approach. When you know the job, it's very easy to answer the questions.
    Interviewers were great: friendly, welcoming, understanding. I really enjoyed the experience. In 2 days I got a call advising that I was selected for the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you had to meet deadlines for multiple projects   View Answer
    It was VERY difficult and long:
    they sent me an offer, I counter-offered. It took them 5 days to get back with an answer. They left the offer the way it was initially. I was going to take it anyway, advised my boss that I'm leaving and my employer gave me an offer as well. A very good one. So I declined Boeing's offer. 5 days later Boeing called me and offered a good signing bonus.
    I ended up accepting Boing's offer (it has just happened:-).
    My start date is in 4 weeks.
    Do not be afraid to counter-offer! Even if they don't accept it, they won't move to another candidate. they must offer you the initial package again, and then it's up to you - take it or leave it.

Procurement Agent III Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing in September 2012.

Boeing uses a standard interview process where they ask all the candidates the same 5 questions and the panel scores the interviewee on their answers.
    The scores are usually keep everyone on the same playing field.

Panel usually consists of: Hiring manager, second manager, HR person. If a second manager isn't available, it may be a peer with the same job code as the job posting.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you may have encountered diversity and you were unable to come to resolution.   Answer Question
    The first offer was good, HR person was willing to negotiate but only moved 3%.

Industrial Engineer I Interview

I had a structured telephone interview, it consisted of four to five behavorial style questions. The interview was with two managers. The interview probably took about forty five minutes. I was told that my answers did not necessarily have from a work situation but also from experiences outside of work.

Interview Questions

I received a better offer from another company.

Illustrator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Boeing.

Contract to direct hire, started as a contractor but was hired on after 6 months. Work was an adjustment for a couple weeks, after that repetition and learning the product made it easier every month after that. Software was not taught, had experience and what I did not know I had to learn on my own while there, which was the best thing for me.

Weeks

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

Phone interview that consisted of 6 questions, not one of which was about my background, all were personality type questions. Some vaguely worded such that they almost seemed like a trap.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a challenge due to diversity.   Answer Question

Technical Illustrator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

1. When applying, make sure to referrence key terms from job posting in your resume.
    2. Boeing uses the Structured Interview process, focusing on how interpersonal dynamic issues are encountered and overcomed. Questions target problem solving responses.

Interview Questions
    • When answering questions, clarify and slow down your responses.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing.

I received a screening call one month after applying. The ONLY questions in the screening call were about compensations and financial expectations. One month later another call from hiring manager, two weeks later on site interview. It was a panel interview. However interviewers were not well prepared, questions all typical STAR style, not too difficult. No technical questions/

Principal Engineer/Scientist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing.

The hiring manager had already decided to hire me and told me so in the first five minutes of the on-site interview, including the pay - rest was just talking with the group members, visit to the plant and dinner. However, it took six months total from start to finish and a lot of telephoning and emailing the hiring manager before the interview itself took place. He had seen me earlier presenting my papers elsewhere at technical conferences.

The hiring manager offered me a job and pay right at the beginning of the on-site interview. So, I took my time, and counter-offered within a week or so. After he renewed the offer with 10+% increased base pay, I still asked for other bonuses, like, signing bonus, higher relocation expenses, and one month stay at the hotel after moving instead of the usual two weeks - all of which he agreed upon. He also asked me to start on Jan. 2, rather than Jan. 3 or later, so that I would become eligible for the regular pay raise in March. that was a very helpful hint. However, it did take a lot of to-and-fro communication but was well worth the wait!

My suggestion to any potential employee at this senior level is: never take the first offer, always counter-offer with appropriate reasons, they expect it; signing bonus, relo, initial stay at hotel, etc., come from a different pot of money than the manager's home account, so always ask for it. Boeing is pretty lenient about it. This was in 2000 era, I don't know what the situation is now though, and the response may depend from manager to manager.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing.

I applied online and about 7 weeks later, I got a phone call for interview. Was contacted by HR manager to set up time for interview a week after.

No negotiation

Section Manager - Facilities Acquisition and Business Mangetrment Interview

original hiring was Labor Accounting advanced to Sr. Facilities Engineer and Section Management of the Facilities Division 1st Douglas Aircraft, became McDonnell Douglas, then Boeing. Started as a Labor timekeeper, from there advance to higher paying jobs.

Interview Questions
    • Large Business Case during layoff periods of the company, Learning new Accounting software   Answer Question