Bloomingdale's

Updated 18 Nov, 2014
Updated 18 Nov, 2014

2.5

Seconal Sales Support Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

First part is an group interview. You are there with 10 plus people and are asked a bunch of questions. Then you go home and wait for an email asking to interview with a manager.

Interview Questions
    • With a group you cannot really sell your self as an individual.   Answer Question
    No negotiatiion.

Holiday Selling Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's in November 2014.

Applied online. Took about 2 weeks but I got an email to schedule an interview. First met with a group of 6 people and two managers. Then we were sent back outside and recalled to meet with the two of them individually. If they decided to follow up with you they will let you know right there as I seen most of the group go in and right back out the door. I was sent back out to wait for another manager of the store and then another! Although I was going for a seasonal position she offered me a permanent part time position!

No negotiations. Base plus commission

Seamstress Alteration Interview

Group setting, very comfortable environment. Asked for everyone to engage. Could see your personality through your answers. Was very friendly and pleasant. Gave us info on flexibility and responsibilities.Emphasized the importance of teamwork.

Interview Questions
    • How would you react to an angry customer?   View Answer

Gift Wrapping Interview

It's was kind of stressful but I personally think it wouldn't be a hard job I wasn't prepares for those kind of questions said given to me id wish iv had practiced more with the question but theirs always a next time

Interview Questions
    • How to deal with satisfying customers when things get ruff   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in November 2014.

This is your typical job interview first you have to apply online. after waiting a few days (5 in my case) you are emailed back to set up your interview. It is a group interview at first then one on one if you impress the interviewers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in November 2014.

2 step interview process. First interview was a group interview but only one other person showed up so it was easy to explain and answer questions. Second interview was a one on one with a higher level manager.

Interview Questions
    • if you are stuck on a deserted island what two objects would you want to bring with you   Answer Question
    there was none.

Holiday Evenings and Weekend Support Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Firstly, I'm reviewing on the interview in Soho, NYC. I was excited to be interviewed but after all the waste of time they put me through, I am highly disappointed. I came in 20 minutes early for my interview. When my scheduled time came up, there was no one in site to start the interview. So, for over 30 minutes plus my 20 minutes, I sat down in the waiting room with four other people. Eventually, the HR woman told us to go in a room where we will be interviewed. Apparently, this was going to be a group interview now, not a one on one. For ten minutes we waited in the room, until the assistant manager for recovery came to interview us.
    He was very nice and seemed young and relaxed. He asked very brief questions about our past work experience, and what is customer service and made us fill out availability sheets. After all of this, he basically said we didn't get the job. He said how they already hired the amount of people they want for seasonal and if there are let go in a month, then we may have the opportunity to fill the position. Also, if there's other departments that have current openings, we may be contacted for that too within a week.

Such a waste of time. If the position is filled, why still interview us and feed us some false hope about potential opportunities? I have a week to wait now if I can get hired, but I'm not holding my breathe.

Buying Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

I was referred by a professional in the company. After the referral, HR wanted to conduct a 30 minute phone screen. Then I completed an online application, personality assessment, and retail math assessment. After that, I had 1 online interview with HR and another with a professional in merchandising. Process took a few months and HR was nice. They are definitely looking for professional, passionate people.

Interview Questions
    • Initial Phone Screen: General Questions about past work experiences
      First Online Interview: Behavioral Questions & Questions about Fashion Industry (Ex: Favorite designer and why, What weaknesses does your favorite designer have, etc.)
      Second Online Interview: Specific Questions about interest in industry and company
        Answer Question
    No negotiation with salary, no relocation assistance, no housing assistance.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and got a quick response for an interview. I wasn't aware that Bloomies were going to have 3 people interview me that day. One by HR manager, another one by the store manager and last one by department manager. They all seemed pre-occupied with whatever that was going on at the store. Perhaps, not enough people in the management?! Not to mention, besides the HR manager, the other managers were not aware of meeting with me. (HR manager happened to ask them very last moment.) I was interviewed by all of them separately. Questions were the usual retail ones...

After the interview, I got a call less than a week.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult situation you dealt with in retail environment   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in October 2014.

I applied online and got a email the next day telling me I was invited for a group interview. I set up my interview for 2 weeks later. I did 2 interviews. First I was interviewed with 3 other girls by the HR manager, then I was interview by the store manager one on one. Both interviews took about and hour and a half. I was hired after my second interview.

Interview Questions
    • What's something new you have done recently and what did you learn about yourself from this experience?   Answer Question