Bloomingdale's Interview Questions

Updated 9 Oct, 2014
Updated 9 Oct, 2014

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and got a quick response for an interview. I wasn't aware that Bloomies were going to have 3 people interview me that day. One by HR manager, another one by the store manager and last one by department manager. They all seemed pre-occupied with whatever that was going on at the store. Perhaps, not enough people in the management?! Not to mention, besides the HR manager, the other managers were not aware of meeting with me. (HR manager happened to ask them very last moment.) I was interviewed by all of them separately. Questions were the usual retail ones...

After the interview, I got a call less than a week.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult situation you dealt with in retail environment   Answer Question

Buying Interview

I interviewed on campus. There was only one round- 2 30 minute interviews with one Macy's and one Bloomingdale's employee. It was very behavioral. No case or marketing questions. overall very easy interview process. heard back within 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • tell me a time you failed, tell me a time you made a decision with hard numbers to support it, why bloomingdales   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Two interviews, first one is with the store manager and second one is with the department manager. The managers were very nice and the job availability is negotiable. Interviews were short and fast. I was hired the same day as my second interview.

Interview Questions
    Wasn't negotiable with the pay they have everything for you.

Executive Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

On campus interview process - invited to interview on campus with a pre-interview information session the night before for those who had been offered an interview. Conducted 2 back-to-back 30 minute interviews (1 with a Macy's representative, 1 with Bloomingdale's representative). Asked to rank preference between the 2 options. All behavioral, Bloomingdale's interviewer was very intimidating but no particularly difficult questions.

Interview Questions
    • What was your least favorite thing about your previous summer internship?   Answer Question

Human Resources Administrator FT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's in October 2014.

This company is extremely unprofessional and inconsiderate of their applicants. They sent me an invitation to interview at their Tyson's Corned location. 24 hours prior to my interview they sent me a follow up email confirming my appointment with them. I drove 2.5 hours for the interview and they called me 2 hours before my interview and said the position is no longer available.

PR and Events Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

This was an initial phone interview. They asked a lot about the events part of the job. This seemed to be the main focus of the position. The man doing the interview was a nice guy that was actually working at Bloomingdale's corporate office in NYC, so prepare for East Coast timing for the call. My best advice would be to prepare to be asked about events that you exclusively have managed as opposed to assisting manage. It also did not seem as though working within fashion was THAT important...although I am sure a plus.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your most successful event and explain why you consider it so?

Describe a time when you came across some issues within the planning of the event...how did you solve it?
        View Answer

EDP Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

First interview, conducted one on one, second with a district and regional, third assessment, the. Vp of sales. Strong retail background required. Strong management level experience required. Hopefully selling can be a breeze.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time where you seta goal and a over achieved it.   Answer Question

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Applied online and was called in for an interview the next week. The first interview is a group interview where very basic questions are asked. There was then a second interview later that day that was one on one. After meeting with a second person and going over my resume in detail I was then told that I was to meet with the floor manager of my specific area. I met with her and she offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you feel you can strive in a commission based position?   View Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied online, and got an e-mail the next week asking me to sign up for an interview time. I did and when I got to the store I had an interview with HR. They asked me a bunch of behavioural questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time at work where you did not like the outcome.   Answer Question

Fragrance counter manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interviewed with HR manager after a group interview, interviewed with the store manager and interviewed with the cosmetics manager. The whole process took over a month. I applied for a seasonal position which was all they had available even though I had 11 years of experience in the field. It happened to get me noticed and got me an elevated interview. It was over a month before I was hired though.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you would handle a top producing employee that has areas of need for improvement?   Answer Question
    I did not get to negotiate and it came in under what I had asked for but Higher than industry starting pay.