Bloomingdale's

Very Easy Interview

Merchandising Associate Interview

Merchandising Associate
Livermore, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in August 2014.

Interview Details Interviewed with the Store Manager who hired me on the spot.
Typical interview questions except to ask me how comfortable I am to approach random customers to convince them to buy a Bloomingdale's Credit Card

Interview Question – "How comfortable are you to approach random customers to convince them to sign up for a Bloomingdale s Credit Card.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It was their way or the highway. I should of taken the higway. I could of been working in a much more healthy environment and been paid much more. My bad.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview Details The interviewing process was very quick - they were very friendly and easy to talk to! They were very helpful and willing to answer all of my questions that I had, and made the experience great.

Recovery Specialist Interview

Recovery Specialist
Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in August 2012.

Interview Details I was called in for an interview after doing the application on-line The interview process took about an hour to complete including watching a few short videos related to customer service. After speaking with one of the ladies in the HR department I was offered a position and told I would be called for orientation. I was called back for my orientation a week later. There where about six people in the orientation including me when we went through the employee handbook, and given a tour. I started the next day

Interview Question – All the questions asked where questions that you expect to be asked on an interview   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Sales Specialist

Interviewed at Bloomingdale's

Interview Details We had a group interview then an individual interview. So they didn't take you to other hiring managers after the first one, then they probably won't take you. Easy questions.

Mens Visual Stylist Interview

Mens Visual Stylist

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in July 2014.

Interview Details I was contacted after filing out online application to make an appointment online. It allows you to choose an upcoming time slot to come in for interview. I made an appointment for the following week. Arriving early is good (to calm yourself & collect your thoughts).

I was met by two recruiters who asked a few questions. Then they informed me that, if invited back, that I would only get show my portfolio in the next stage (they were NOT the Bloomingdales managers I needed to see).

The next day I was asked by that recruiter to email him some of my portfolio, which I did. He did confrim receipt and that he'd pass it along.

I am still awaiting word.

Interview Question – "Tell us about a time when you had a disagreement with your coworker?'   Answer Question

Luxury Linens Sales Associate Interview

Luxury Linens Sales Associate
New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in June 2014.

Interview Details It's a group panel process. Bunch of people were sitting in a cold room with two HR people. One is responsible for asking related questions and the other one sends out the background check chart. After the group panel, the HR person asked people come to her office one by one according to your information.

Interview Question – Maybe perhaps I didn't have related sales experiences, so it's kind of hard to talk about how to deal with your directors and your coworkers.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It doesn't fit my schedule.

Sales Specialist Interview

Sales Specialist
Century City, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in July 2014.

Interview Details I had an interview with bloomingdales with one other girl who goes to my school. We had a "group" interview with three managers and then one on one interviews separately

Interview Question – What's a relationship you have been able to make and keep   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Visual Merchandiser

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview Details Bloomingdale's conducts group interviews for the first round of interviews for this position, which I was unaware of until I arrived. The difficult thing about that is that you are all asked the same question, so if you are answering second or third it becomes a challenge to be unique in your answer. They ask some informal questions like, "Where do you get your fashion inspiration" and "Walk me through dressing a mannequin--is it male or female? What is its name? What is it wearing? Where is it going?" As well as more formal ones like "What did your employer say about you in your last performance review?"

Interview Question – "What do you expect from a company?"   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Sales Professional Interview

Sales Professional

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview Details First you have to apply online and it will take you through a questionnaire, I was called in for an interview and received the job the next day after I was interviewed by the group manager.

Interview Question – Was asked about my experience, how i keep up with fashion, what customer service means to me   Answer Question

Bloomingdales Sales Professional Interview

Bloomingdales Sales Professional
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview Details The position: luxury clientele specialist
The process: two interviews conducted one after the other by a hiring manager and the department manager respectively
Total Time: the first interview took approximately 20-30 minutes. the second was approximately 20 minutes.

Interview Question – the position required fluency in a second language. the second interview was conducted in another language.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Competitive pay.

Worked for Bloomingdale's? Contribute to the Community!