Bloomberg L.P.

Updated 23 Nov, 2014

3.1

354 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Phone interview was quite basic, as already described. Why do you want to work here? / Why Bloomberg; What do you know about Bloomberg?;

Most questions are listed already, some others came from my cv and answers, so it's rather pointless to list them, but beware of what you say, if you lie it might fire back.

Interview Questions
    • How can you sell Bloomberg to a group of strangers in a room when you have no time to prepare at all?   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interviews were fast and efficient. Why Bloomberg and why role was the most prominent. Talk about having sales or customer related experiences. Try to show you are passionate about the firm and know its history. Know competitors and be able to pitch why BBG is the better option. Also make sure you can tell them how you would convince corporates that the BBG terminal is a value add as opposed to a cost. Also have an idea of new markets for BBG to explore.

Interview Questions
    • Role play involving multiple requests for help while at the terminal. One from trader, one from Bank of England analyst and another from hedge fund.   View Answer

Glorified call centre

Telephone interview.
    Questions are mostly motivational, such as why you choose us? why this department? She also asked about recent news. I did not prepare too much on the news but she asked a number of questions in relation to the news, so make sure you are fully prepared on what you want to talk about. Then she asked me about my sales experience but unfortunately I don't have any. After that she asked me whether I am interviewed by other companies and asked me the names of them!!! She did not ask any further questions.

Interview Questions
    • Are you being interviewed by other companies? Who are they?   Answer Question

Sales&Analytics Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Apply online. Invited to the first round interview directly and invited to the second round about two weeks later. Two interviewers. One from HR and one senior manager from sales team. Questions varies.

Interview Questions
    • How to differentiate bloomberg with other companies. Try to sell the iPhone to us   View Answer

Graduate Analytics & Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

first interview:phone interview (about 25 minutes), why Bloomber?Why Bloomberg and not IB?What do you know about Bloomberg Law?Why this position?What can you offer?
    second: shadowing, interview with 2 employees (why Bloomberg?difference futures/forwards?sell a terminal?sell your mobile phone)

Interview Questions
    • Risk Mc Donalds face (currency risk), hedging tools(swaps,forwards, futures), difference forward/futures   Answer Question

Market Data Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I just had my telephone interview completed, and now got a call for the in house interview.
    All the typical questions as why BB, How you fit for the role, what makes you unique,Where you see yourself in five years, Why finance stream.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2014.

Applied online (few basic questions of why Bloomberg, why me). Got an invitation for a telephone interview on the next day. An initial email communication was held with HR department, however I was interviewed by the manager of department. An interview lasted for 20 minutes and was generally pretty easy.
    I'm expected to hear from them within a week. Therefore no feedback on interview's success or failure.

Interview Questions
    • What non-financial companies would be interested in company's products and services?   Answer Question
    • Why Bloomberg?   Answer Question
    • What makes you want to work for Bloomberg rather for any other buy-side companies?
      As I'm doing a bit of spread trading the question was related to my strong choice and preference for Bloomberg rather then my desire of pursuing a career in trading.
        View Answer
    • What challenges do financial data providers face at the moment?   Answer Question

Global Data Analyst Interview

Basic application process consisting of a phone interview and two other interviews at their office.
    The online application was very simple, you do not need to write long essays as in other places. Then the phone interview is simple as well, you are asked why Bloomberg, why this position and some other competency questions about teamwork, leadership etc.
    The second interview was with a member of the team, it was easy and did not require lots of preparation.... Just stay calm and enjoy the interview.
    Third the same as the second interview.

Financial Product Sales and Analytics Interview

The whole process took just over a week. I was referred by a employee of the firm. I passed the telephone interview and a day later I was invited for a face to face interview and work shadow which lasted for 1hr 30 mins.

Technological Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Bloomberg set up campus interviews at our university and we were encouraged to apply. The initial screening was very prompt, with me receiving an invitation to interview with them within a week of application, a few days before the interview was to occur. The initial interview was with 2 software developers at Bloomberg and it was a basic technical interview. I was given a choice of language upon which the questions would be based; I chose Java. They asked me about some definitions (JVM and Java interface) and about how garbage collection worked. After that I had to write some code (not necessarily syntactically correct) to implement some things. First I had to implement a doubly linked list, then a method to reverse the order of the nodes. The last question was picking a letter than occurs once out of an array with letters with multiple instances. Overall the interview was quite professional. The interviewers were very friendly and made me feel quite comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Our data structure professor disliked linked lists and as a result I didn't have much practice with them. However if you have knowledge of the concepts it should all be fine.   Answer Question