Bloomberg L.P.

Getting the Interview

258 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details I applied online on february 2014 and after three or four weeks I was contacted by email and they asked me when it was possible to schedule an interview. After the interview was booked, I had the interview. It was about my knowledge of the role and my knowledge of the company.

Interview Question – A question asking me to explain how financial markets behave.   View Answer

Global Data Summer Internship Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2014.

Interview Details Applied online, after 1 month they contacted me for a phone interview. 3 weeks later they called me for a 1 day hiring event in London. There I had a group activity and interview (mostly behavioral).

Interview Question – Why a small equity investor should be willing to purchase the whole terminal?   Answer Question

Capital Structure Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details They first called me on my phone unexpectedly, after 1 week of my application. I didn't see the call, but they usually ask if they can talk to you for 5 min. They just want to know if you know Bloomberg and some questions on the specific division (e.g. what are the 3 cash flows?). The next day I was invited to the 2nd round. This was less technical and more about my background. More competency based (e.g. if a client wants to leave us how do you convince him to stay?). The day after I was invited to the final round. This is just motivational, so be prepared to justify why you would pick Bloomberg instead of banks. The company is amazing, free food, latest technology and it's open space.

Interview Question – There was no such a question. I would suggest to prepare your motivation very well, cause they drilled me for 20/30 mins on why Bloomberg and not banks   View Answer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details Easy interview, very basic. The lady was very kind and asked general questions about my background and my knowledge of finance. most of the interview is centered on your knowledge of the work - that's basically customer service. I've also been asked of my life ambitions in 5 years time

Global Data Content Extraction Analyst Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2014.

Interview Details Had phone interview first. Lasted about 20 minutes and contained questions such as, what do you think what Bloomberg do, what do you expect the role to be like, tell us about yourself. How do you keep up with current affairs? Can you tell us what's been going on in the news?

Then was invited to in-house interview in London. I had an interview with the local global data team as well as via Skype with the American global data team. The questions were exactly the same as the phone interview and a few additional ones, for example who are Bloomberg's competitors.

I did not get an offer and was never given any reason why I was rejected.

Interview Question – None, really, because they ask you exactly what you can find on Glassdoor!   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2014.

Interview Details Application form- telephone interview- 1h shadowing and 1h panel interview- final interview
Telephone interview: straight forward. Why bloomberg?, values?, competitors?
Panel interview: was a bit trickier. In general they want you to develop almost everything you touch on. This enables you to direct the conversation. So know your stuff and background. I was asked about derivatives, previous experience and why I do not want to work there, what bloomberg differentiates from competition, they will also test your language skills, who are bloomberg customers, what is bloomberg legal, why would an investment bank buy terminals, and a couple other things. Overall the bloomberg interview was one of the more difficult ones in my view. If you make sure you mention things you really know you will be able to easily impress them because they follow your lead.

Interview Question – Sell bloomberg terminals to a swiss start up who does not agree on fees and contract duration.   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details First telephone interview was pretty basic- why bloomberg, why this role, what do I know about the products offered etc.
Next round I believe was a bit harder. They asked me to pitch the terminal to a reuters user.

Interview Question – why would a researcher buy terminal over fact set ( which is super cheap in comparison )
How can a corporation hedge currency risk using bbg?
  Answer Question

London, England (UK)

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2014.

Interview Details The interview is three steps. First, phone interview. Second, 1 hour video interview if you are not in the UK. Third, they will fly you into London to do a face to face. Each interview you do will be with people of higher position. This starts from team member to regional heads. Be prepared to know what makes Bloomberg different.

Interview Question – Can you tell me what is Bloomberg's greatest industry penetration in a specific country?   Answer Question

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details Took over a week to receive a technical phone interview invitation, I wrote I am best in Java in my CL so the questions are mostly general questions about Java. The interviewer is really nice and guide me through the thinking process when I cannot give an answer immediately. After two days I received an invite to in-house interview. Have not been to the in-house interview yet.

Interview Question – Quite simple questions, just basic understanding of some of the most common programming language (C, Java, C++)   Answer Question

Fixed Income Global Data Analyst Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details online application. Invited to do a telephone interview. The interviewee was very friendly and approachable. He lead the conversation at all times and was amazing. I wish all companies had someone as nice as him.

Interview Question – questions;
-went over CV
-why bloomberg
- what do you know about the company?customers?
- what do you expect from the position?
- what are some cons that you can face?
- why do you think you are appropriate for the position?
- do you have any question?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i do not know yet

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bloomberg L.P.

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!

Bloomberg L.P. – Why Work for Us?

Bloomberg’s global mission is to help individuals, enterprises and governments make smarter, faster, more profitable decisions — first. In order to get there, we need constant ideas, energy, innovation— which is where… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bloomberg L.P. interview questions and advice in United Kingdom. All 258 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bloomberg L.P. employees and interview candidates.