Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions

Updated 23 Oct, 2014
1,887 Interview Reviews

3.1

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

1st interview with HR - phone screening
    2nd interview with direct manager - 45min via phone general questions
    3rd interview with 2 team members - 1h30 talked about why you're interested in the role, why bloomberg, how you can contribute. Pretty straight forward. Do your research beforehand about the company.

Interview Questions
    • Your knowledge of the financial industry and experience within it.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2014.

Saw posting on campus job site. Was contacted by a recruiter about a week later. Had interview two weeks later on campus. 2hr technical interview

Interview Questions
    • Find the largest gap between two numbers in an array   View Answer

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2013.

Phone interview and in house interview

Interview Questions
    • The phone interview was about:
      Tell me about yourself
      Why Bloomberg
      Competitors
      Why finance
      Why Bloomberg Is different
      Latest new

In house interview:
      Sell a bloomberg terminal that someone use reuters
      Example of sales something
      Example of problem solver
      What is bloomberg tradebook and clients
      What is asset management
      Different between option and future
      1 to 10 your finance knowledge please do not say 10
      The las test iPo
        Answer Question

Global Data Interview

First round is a phone interview. Make good preparation and don't be that nervous. Good Luck!!!!!!

Introduce yourself
    why bloomberg
    why global data
    team experience
    innovation experience
    a situation you face difficulties

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2013.

Had an initial phone interview with a HR person and after asking some basic questions about my history and expectations I was told they would get back to me regarding doing at test. They sent me the information regarding the test that evening and I completed it a few days later. I was then told I would be interviewed by 2 engineers again over the phone. Since this was for their database team they ask some questions related to database internals. Specifically, can you explain the life of a query starting from the user issuing the query? This is the only one I really recall since the others were not very significant.

Interview Questions
    • I think the most difficult was the life of query questions which I think I answered fairly well since my last role was as a developer for a major database vendor.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

If you apply through an on campus recruiter, you will first go through an on campus interview most probably. If not then a phone interview. There are a total of about 3 interview, before you get called on site for the final interviews. You get your decision pretty soon after.

Interview Questions
    • Given two arrays of sorted integers, how would you find the minimum difference in O(n) time.   View Answer

Sales and Data Analytics Summer Bootcamp (London) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Process took a couple of weeks. applied online, got a email scheduling a phone interview. phone interview lasted around a half hour. several tricky questions that were made to stump you.

Interview Questions
    • what is a CDS, who is ceo, where is our stock trading at, main revenue streams of the firm.   Answer Question
    none

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

On campus Career fair - submitted resume. got a call the next day for on campus interview. There were 4 technical rounds. all on campus. after 5 days got a call with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • mostly all questions were based on data structures and algorithms. expect atleast on brain teaser if you clear the first round of the interviews.
      Questions to me were- sorting an arraylist containing 1's and 0's. how to implement LRU cache. How would you implement an auto-complete feature. encoding a word file to save space- any ideas?
        Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

phone interview first, then on-site, if you have campus interview, just go for it. It is very helpful and useful .Besides, please remember to dress code to the interview. Phone call is about some behavior questions.

Global Data Interview

Phone interview with HR followed by an in-house interview which consisted of two half hour interviews both of which were 2 interviewers and me. They are really friendly at Bloomberg. No drug test at any point.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions. I think I was only asked one question related to the markets.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Don't even try because they would probably revoke your offer.