Bloomberg L.P.

Updated 25 Nov, 2014
1,965 Interview Reviews

3.1

Global Data Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Had two interviews and failed
    First interview was a basic question, why bloomberg?why this position?what do you want to become?what was your most interesting course?etc...
    Second interview was a more question about my future in Bloomberg. I wasn't prepared enough,so I failed.However, the question was a quite reasonable things to ask.

Interview Questions
    • How do you want to use the knowledge that you acquired in Bloomberg?   Answer Question

Financial Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2014.

One technical screen followed by another nontechnical round with a manger. The first screen was your typical big company coding interview. The second round was about why I applied to Bloomberg and to see what my interests were.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Bloomberg over other companies?   Answer Question
    I was happy with the offer so I didn't negotiate.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

1st interview with HR - phone screening
    2nd interview with direct manager - 45min via phone general questions
    3rd interview with 2 team members - 1h30 talked about why you're interested in the role, why bloomberg, how you can contribute. Pretty straight forward. Do your research beforehand about the company.

Interview Questions
    • Your knowledge of the financial industry and experience within it.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2014.

Saw posting on campus job site. Was contacted by a recruiter about a week later. Had interview two weeks later on campus. 2hr technical interview

Interview Questions
    • Find the largest gap between two numbers in an array   View Answer

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2013.

Phone interview and in house interview

Interview Questions
    • The phone interview was about:
      Tell me about yourself
      Why Bloomberg
      Competitors
      Why finance
      Why Bloomberg Is different
      Latest new

In house interview:
      Sell a bloomberg terminal that someone use reuters
      Example of sales something
      Example of problem solver
      What is bloomberg tradebook and clients
      What is asset management
      Different between option and future
      1 to 10 your finance knowledge please do not say 10
      The las test iPo
        Answer Question

Global Data Interview

First round is a phone interview. Make good preparation and don't be that nervous. Good Luck!!!!!!

Introduce yourself
    why bloomberg
    why global data
    team experience
    innovation experience
    a situation you face difficulties

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2013.

Had an initial phone interview with a HR person and after asking some basic questions about my history and expectations I was told they would get back to me regarding doing at test. They sent me the information regarding the test that evening and I completed it a few days later. I was then told I would be interviewed by 2 engineers again over the phone. Since this was for their database team they ask some questions related to database internals. Specifically, can you explain the life of a query starting from the user issuing the query? This is the only one I really recall since the others were not very significant.

Interview Questions
    • I think the most difficult was the life of query questions which I think I answered fairly well since my last role was as a developer for a major database vendor.   Answer Question

Financial Software Engineer Interview

Applied through university job forum. Got a phone interview invitation. Interviewer was helpful but the was more interested in the working solution to the problem. I felt that the approach was not given much importance.

Software Developer Interview

Experience wasn't great. First, I had a phone interview, but it was very uncomfortable because my interviewer did not bother to reserve a conference room, and it was hard to hear him with all the noise around him at his desk. Nevertheless, I did well with the fairly standard questions I got, and I was asked to come to their NY office.

Their office was actually interesting, since they went for the flashy environment given their media business. I first had an interview with 2 engineers, and one of them had a very annoying attitude. I feel he wanted to be smart about the interview and sort of be a "bad cop." It was painful process, and they left the room at the end. After a long while I got two more people come to my room. I think there was a long gap between interviewers because they would discuss to see if they wanted to bother with more interviews with you. If they know after the first interview they don't want to hire they'll escort you out.

The second set of interviewers came in, and they were technically the least impressive interviewers I have ever spoken with. It was extremely hard to communicate with them, and I feel they wanted me to explain every single detail as though I was speaking with someone who never coded. Even after I did so, they would not follow the solution I had for standard Cracking the Code interview questions. I had probably a dozen interviews under my belt at that point, and I had never encountered such communication issue, either on phone, writing on bigger notepads, or writing on the white board. On top of that, we didn't even get to write on white boards and had to write everything on these tiny notepads. I'm not sure if they wanted to see how you communicated under such constraints, but it was a very annoying experience. Clearly, it was a waste of time for both the company, and me, and I decided to accept an offer on the West coast.

I would recommend Bloomberg to get bigger notepads or let interviewees use the white boards, and definitely ask that interviewers know at least two solutions to each problem they ask.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was complicated. It was really hard to communicate with interviewers.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

First round interview for internship was pretty good. They seemed like they really wanted to know that you knew a thing or two about Bloomberg Terminal and their other products.

Interview Questions
    • If you could have lunch with one of the most important figures from the financial markets who would you choose?   Answer Question