Bloomberg L.P.

Updated 15 Dec, 2014
2,011 Interview Reviews

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I was contacted by the HR for a technical phone interview. They missed our first appointment but it was rescheduled to a second in a couple of weeks. The interview itself was easy. However, the interviewer (I checked in Linkedin) seems to be confused. He started with a single linked list and want me to find a loop. I gave him an approach. Then he started to emphasis on a T- shaped link (?!). In such case how can the list be singly linked? In such case, won't the linked list become a tree?

I also aghast how they matched the interviewer with the interviewee. I have a PhD but the interviewer seems to be have a bachelor degree. While, the qualification doesn't matter there is big gap between the thinking of an undergraduate and a graduates (no offense).

I was not selected for further stages. Irrespective of the outcome, I would have been happier if I had been interviewed by a more competent person. I was interested in the job as it matched my skillsets and there is a lot for me to contribute to organization. However, such behavior makes one have second thoughts.

Global Data Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Had two interviews and failed
    First interview was a basic question, why bloomberg?why this position?what do you want to become?what was your most interesting course?etc...
    Second interview was a more question about my future in Bloomberg. I wasn't prepared enough,so I failed.However, the question was a quite reasonable things to ask.

Interview Questions
    • How do you want to use the knowledge that you acquired in Bloomberg?   Answer Question

Financial Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2014.

One technical screen followed by another nontechnical round with a manger. The first screen was your typical big company coding interview. The second round was about why I applied to Bloomberg and to see what my interests were.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Bloomberg over other companies?   Answer Question
    I was happy with the offer so I didn't negotiate.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

1st interview with HR - phone screening
    2nd interview with direct manager - 45min via phone general questions
    3rd interview with 2 team members - 1h30 talked about why you're interested in the role, why bloomberg, how you can contribute. Pretty straight forward. Do your research beforehand about the company.

Interview Questions
    • Your knowledge of the financial industry and experience within it.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2014.

Saw posting on campus job site. Was contacted by a recruiter about a week later. Had interview two weeks later on campus. 2hr technical interview

Interview Questions
    • Find the largest gap between two numbers in an array   View Answer

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2013.

Phone interview and in house interview

Interview Questions
    • The phone interview was about:
      Tell me about yourself
      Why Bloomberg
      Competitors
      Why finance
      Why Bloomberg Is different
      Latest new

In house interview:
      Sell a bloomberg terminal that someone use reuters
      Example of sales something
      Example of problem solver
      What is bloomberg tradebook and clients
      What is asset management
      Different between option and future
      1 to 10 your finance knowledge please do not say 10
      The las test iPo

Answer Question

Global Data Interview

First round is a phone interview. Make good preparation and don't be that nervous. Good Luck!!!!!!

Introduce yourself
    why bloomberg
    why global data
    team experience
    innovation experience
    a situation you face difficulties

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2013.

Had an initial phone interview with a HR person and after asking some basic questions about my history and expectations I was told they would get back to me regarding doing at test. They sent me the information regarding the test that evening and I completed it a few days later. I was then told I would be interviewed by 2 engineers again over the phone. Since this was for their database team they ask some questions related to database internals. Specifically, can you explain the life of a query starting from the user issuing the query? This is the only one I really recall since the others were not very significant.

Interview Questions
    • I think the most difficult was the life of query questions which I think I answered fairly well since my last role was as a developer for a major database vendor.   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Submitted application online, got an instant reply to schedule phone interview. HR called me up and conducted a 40 minutes interview about my motivation, financial knowledge and news. Interviewer asked a lot of questions and threw a lot of unexpected information at you.

Financial Software DeveloperInterview Interview

Phone interview, was asked why I wanted to apply and what the company did. The technical was breaking an integer down into its digits (e.g. 123 -> [1, 2, 3]). Would definitely recommend going reading the wikipedia page on Bloomberg to get a better idea of what they do; this was the reason I didn't get a call back from them regarding an in-person interview.