Bloomberg L.P.

1,608 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2014.

Interview Details Saw posting on campus job site. Was contacted by a recruiter about a week later. Had interview two weeks later on campus. 2hr technical interview

Interview Question – Find the largest gap between two numbers in an array   View Answer

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Financial Sales and Analytics
London, ON

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2013.

Interview Details Phone interview and in house interview

Why finance
Why Bloomberg Is different
Latest new

In house interview:
Sell a bloomberg terminal that someone use reuters
Example of sales something
Example of problem solver
What is bloomberg tradebook and clients
What is asset management
Different between option and future
1 to 10 your finance knowledge please do not say 10
The las test iPo
  Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Senior Software Development Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2013.

Interview Details Had an initial phone interview with a HR person and after asking some basic questions about my history and expectations I was told they would get back to me regarding doing at test. They sent me the information regarding the test that evening and I completed it a few days later. I was then told I would be interviewed by 2 engineers again over the phone. Since this was for their database team they ask some questions related to database internals. Specifically, can you explain the life of a query starting from the user issuing the query? This is the only one I really recall since the others were not very significant.

Interview Question – I think the most difficult was the life of query questions which I think I answered fairly well since my last role was as a developer for a major database vendor.   Answer Question

Global Data Interview

Global Data

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details First round is a phone interview. Make good preparation and don't be that nervous. Good Luck!!!!!!

Introduce yourself
why bloomberg
why global data
team experience
innovation experience
a situation you face difficulties

Interview Question – Use five words to describe Bloomberg   Answer Question

Global Data Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details A HR rep contacted me with times that work for me. She called me in the beginning of the time window that worked for me. The interviewer had little personality and took no time to actually get to know me beyond the few questions she had to ask.

Interview Question – What will your legacy be at your college five years from now?   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Intern Interview

Washington, DC (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2013.

Interview Details The interview process wasn't overly strenuous but was not a walk in the park. The applicant field was quite large as you can imagine. Just be relaxed and prepared. Most of the interview questions already posted on here are accurate. If you know current market events, how basic financial instruments work, and information about Bloomberg you will be fine.

Interview Question – Explain to me as much as you can about Thomson Reuters Eikon.   Answer Question

Global Data Intern Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details Applied online in November and have been invited to a telephone interview in February. The telephone interview was short and covered general questions such as "Why Bloomberg?", "Why Global Data?", "What are the major problems Bloomberg may be facing?"
After 2 weeks I have been interview to a face to face interview, which lasted 50 minutes. I was with 2 employees and I found them very friendly and kind. The interview turned out to be like a chat with a friend about my personal life choices. After a week i received an offer.

Interview Question – Why Bloomberg and not investment banks?   Answer Question

OTC Derivatives Quant Internship Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details Phone interviews, very technical, digital option pricing, risk neutral assumption, Monte Carlo, programming skills, etc

Interview Question – all kinds of option pricing   Answer Question

Financial Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details Applied online and was contacted a few days later asking to schedule a phone interview for the following week. The interviewer was very nice - asked mostly about my background and a few simple data structures questions.

Interview Question – How is memory stored?
Difference between array and linked list?
Binary search tree traversal
  Answer Question

Summer Internship 2014 Interview

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied through college recruitment and got the phone-in invitation email from the HR few days afterwards.
The phone interview first started with self-introduction, then why Bloomberg and why this programme. The HR has asked for 6-7 questions. Some of them are quite standard. What they asked are mostly based on what you have answered for the previous questions. The whole process last for around 35 mins.

Interview Question – Use 5 adjectives to describe Bloomberg   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bloomberg L.P.

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!

Bloomberg L.P. – Why Work for Us?

Bloomberg’s global mission is to help individuals, enterprises and governments make smarter, faster, more profitable decisions — first. In order to get there, we need constant ideas, energy, innovation— which is where… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bloomberg L.P. interview questions and advice. All 1,608 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Bloomberg L.P. employees and interview candidates.