Bloomberg L.P.

Updated 19 Nov, 2014
1,956 Interview Reviews

3.1

Global Data Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Had two interviews and failed
    First interview was a basic question, why bloomberg?why this position?what do you want to become?what was your most interesting course?etc...
    Second interview was a more question about my future in Bloomberg. I wasn't prepared enough,so I failed.However, the question was a quite reasonable things to ask.

Interview Questions
    • How do you want to use the knowledge that you acquired in Bloomberg?   Answer Question

Financial Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2014.

One technical screen followed by another nontechnical round with a manger. The first screen was your typical big company coding interview. The second round was about why I applied to Bloomberg and to see what my interests were.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Bloomberg over other companies?   Answer Question
    I was happy with the offer so I didn't negotiate.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

1st interview with HR - phone screening
    2nd interview with direct manager - 45min via phone general questions
    3rd interview with 2 team members - 1h30 talked about why you're interested in the role, why bloomberg, how you can contribute. Pretty straight forward. Do your research beforehand about the company.

Interview Questions
    • Your knowledge of the financial industry and experience within it.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2014.

Saw posting on campus job site. Was contacted by a recruiter about a week later. Had interview two weeks later on campus. 2hr technical interview

Interview Questions
    • Find the largest gap between two numbers in an array   View Answer

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2013.

Phone interview and in house interview

Interview Questions
    • The phone interview was about:
      Tell me about yourself
      Why Bloomberg
      Competitors
      Why finance
      Why Bloomberg Is different
      Latest new

In house interview:
      Sell a bloomberg terminal that someone use reuters
      Example of sales something
      Example of problem solver
      What is bloomberg tradebook and clients
      What is asset management
      Different between option and future
      1 to 10 your finance knowledge please do not say 10
      The las test iPo
        Answer Question

Global Data Interview

First round is a phone interview. Make good preparation and don't be that nervous. Good Luck!!!!!!

Introduce yourself
    why bloomberg
    why global data
    team experience
    innovation experience
    a situation you face difficulties

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2013.

Had an initial phone interview with a HR person and after asking some basic questions about my history and expectations I was told they would get back to me regarding doing at test. They sent me the information regarding the test that evening and I completed it a few days later. I was then told I would be interviewed by 2 engineers again over the phone. Since this was for their database team they ask some questions related to database internals. Specifically, can you explain the life of a query starting from the user issuing the query? This is the only one I really recall since the others were not very significant.

Interview Questions
    • I think the most difficult was the life of query questions which I think I answered fairly well since my last role was as a developer for a major database vendor.   Answer Question

Market Data Analyst Interview

Phone Interview, 40 min. Questions about my education, professional experience. Situational questions: tell me a time you had to face challenges within a group, tell me about a time you failed. Motivational questions: why Bloomberg, why this position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a current news in the financial markets.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I applied online and got contacted after 2 weeks by a recruiter. We set up a 45 minutes technical interview. The interviewer was very nice and i liked the fact that we chatted a bit in the beginning of the interview (he asked questions from my resume). He also asked me what do i know about Bloomberg and then he described the company a bit himself.
    I think they value the knowledge of C++/javascript a lot, because i told him i don't really know C++ and that i have worked a lot in Java, so he decided to interview me in C. The questions were: reverse a string in-place in C, what is the difference between x++ and ++x, which one is faster, write the functions for these. Then he gave me some C++ code and asked me: if i define absolutely no method for a class, what does the compiler build by default, then if i have a third-party api call in my constructor and this method throws an exception which i don't catch, what happens + a few other questions i don't remember any more. He ended the interview by writing some C code: there was a string which was hard-coded and he asked me what will different values show (like *string, or *(string + 4), string, &string and so on) and what is their type (char / char* / char and so on).
    My impression was that i answered pretty okay to most of his questions, but not all of them and i was sure i won't get an offer. Which, yep, turned out to be true :)

Interview Questions
    • Questions about C++ stuff. They weren't unexpected, but they were difficult for me.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

In the first round of interview, they just ask me about linked list problem and how to store matrix in a more efficient way. Then, I was informed that I go to the second round of interview. Then, in the second round interview, they ask me to find the biggest value of sub-string which was a dynamic programming problem which took me more than 20 minutes to solve this.

Interview Questions
    • Finding the biggest value of substring is the most difficult question I faced and my solution is not perfect as well   Answer Question