Bloomberg L.P.

Updated 26 Feb, 2015
2,202 Interview Reviews

3.1

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Applied through campus website and interviewed on campus. Was asked mostly questions related to my resume. Interview consisted of two recruiters asking me questions. Questions were mostly basic algorithms / data structures. Was asked to implement answers in coding language of choice.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I applied through the bloomberg site and got did a brief telephone interview to setup a programming interview. They didn't turn for the first time, and the interview had to rescheduled. I think, the interviewer and interviewee are not well matched.
    The interviewer was asking me to find a looking in a single-linked list, that has a t-shaped split? Was he referring to the loops in Graphs or Trees?

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2015.

Applied through school's co-op system, interviewed by 2 engineers. Interview was almost completely technical: 2 coding questions that were reasonably challenging. The interviewers are really knowledgeable so it felt a little intimidating.

Interview Questions
    • Your usual data structures, time complexity analysis, and algorithms question.   Answer Question

Global Data Analyst-Japanese Speaker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Applied online and was contacted by a lady from HR. She was very pleasant and set up a 30-min phone interview. There was nothing surprising except she indicated that the level of statistical analysis needed for the role was less than what the job advertisement suggested. A few days after the interview, I was emailed about a 2nd round interview. This was with two team leaders in the department I would be working. Most of the questions they asked were simply behavioural. I was sent through to a 3rd round interview with a Manager. Overall, he was extremely condescending and continued to ask me the same questions that I had answered in my previous two interviews. In the end, I feel the entire process was a waste of time: 3 interviews repeating the same information which could have been avoided with better communication between departments.

Financial Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview process started with a phone call. Recruiter messaged me that it will be a coding question on HackerRank but rather interviewer asked me only theoretical questions. Recruiter was very nice and scheduled interview after a quick chat,

Interview Questions
    • Internal Architecture of HIve and Hbase   View Answer

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2014.

1st round:
    (nothing about the position)
    It was a group interview on campus. There was a case and the HR head asked for a group discussion. Since that was a random story, you have nothing to prepare. But make sure you show your best discussion skills and show your team work to the manager.

Then, 3 people from my group had been selected to see the manager right after.

2nd round: Meeting with the manager.
     He asked me about details from my work and volunteer experiences.
    Why Bloomberg?
    Which sector do I like the most? (I said Fixed income)
    Why is it more risky to hold you asset to a longer time horizon?
    Why Finance?
    Competitors?

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I was contacted by the HR for a technical phone interview. They missed our first appointment but it was rescheduled to a second in a couple of weeks. The interview itself was easy. However, the interviewer (I checked in Linkedin) seems to be confused. He started with a single linked list and want me to find a loop. I gave him an approach. Then he started to emphasis on a T- shaped link (?!). In such case how can the list be singly linked? In such case, won't the linked list become a tree?

I also aghast how they matched the interviewer with the interviewee. I have a PhD but the interviewer seems to be have a bachelor degree. While, the qualification doesn't matter there is big gap between the thinking of an undergraduate and a graduates (no offense).

I was not selected for further stages. Irrespective of the outcome, I would have been happier if I had been interviewed by a more competent person. I was interested in the job as it matched my skillsets and there is a lot for me to contribute to organization. However, such behavior makes one have second thoughts.

Global Data Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Had two interviews and failed
    First interview was a basic question, why bloomberg?why this position?what do you want to become?what was your most interesting course?etc...
    Second interview was a more question about my future in Bloomberg. I wasn't prepared enough,so I failed.However, the question was a quite reasonable things to ask.

Interview Questions
    • How do you want to use the knowledge that you acquired in Bloomberg?   Answer Question

Financial Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2014.

One technical screen followed by another nontechnical round with a manger. The first screen was your typical big company coding interview. The second round was about why I applied to Bloomberg and to see what my interests were.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Bloomberg over other companies?   Answer Question
    I was happy with the offer so I didn't negotiate.

Analyst Interview

1st interview with HR - phone screening
    2nd interview with direct manager - 45min via phone general questions
    3rd interview with 2 team members - 1h30 talked about why you're interested in the role, why bloomberg, how you can contribute. Pretty straight forward. Do your research beforehand about the company.

Interview Questions
    • Your knowledge of the financial industry and experience within it.   Answer Question