Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions

Updated 27 Oct, 2014
1,902 Interview Reviews

3.1

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

1st interview with HR - phone screening
    2nd interview with direct manager - 45min via phone general questions
    3rd interview with 2 team members - 1h30 talked about why you're interested in the role, why bloomberg, how you can contribute. Pretty straight forward. Do your research beforehand about the company.

Interview Questions
    • Your knowledge of the financial industry and experience within it.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2014.

Saw posting on campus job site. Was contacted by a recruiter about a week later. Had interview two weeks later on campus. 2hr technical interview

Interview Questions
    • Find the largest gap between two numbers in an array   View Answer

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2013.

Phone interview and in house interview

Interview Questions
    • The phone interview was about:
      Tell me about yourself
      Why Bloomberg
      Competitors
      Why finance
      Why Bloomberg Is different
      Latest new

In house interview:
      Sell a bloomberg terminal that someone use reuters
      Example of sales something
      Example of problem solver
      What is bloomberg tradebook and clients
      What is asset management
      Different between option and future
      1 to 10 your finance knowledge please do not say 10
      The las test iPo
        Answer Question

Global Data Interview

First round is a phone interview. Make good preparation and don't be that nervous. Good Luck!!!!!!

Introduce yourself
    why bloomberg
    why global data
    team experience
    innovation experience
    a situation you face difficulties

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2013.

Had an initial phone interview with a HR person and after asking some basic questions about my history and expectations I was told they would get back to me regarding doing at test. They sent me the information regarding the test that evening and I completed it a few days later. I was then told I would be interviewed by 2 engineers again over the phone. Since this was for their database team they ask some questions related to database internals. Specifically, can you explain the life of a query starting from the user issuing the query? This is the only one I really recall since the others were not very significant.

Interview Questions
    • I think the most difficult was the life of query questions which I think I answered fairly well since my last role was as a developer for a major database vendor.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

If you apply through an on campus recruiter, you will first go through an on campus interview most probably. If not then a phone interview. There are a total of about 3 interview, before you get called on site for the final interviews. You get your decision pretty soon after.

Interview Questions
    • Given two arrays of sorted integers, how would you find the minimum difference in O(n) time.   View Answers (3)

Global Data Training Program Interview

Submitted resume, take 3 weeks to process. Scheduled interview, 7-9 questions about 20- 30 minutes... sounds like the HR was recording only and you feel like no one was on the phone.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about bloomberg? Why Bloomberg? What do you know about global data? Tell me about yourself. etc...   Answer Question

Financial Product Sales and Analytics Interview

The whole process took just over a week. I was referred by a employee of the firm. I passed the telephone interview and a day later I was invited for a face to face interview and work shadow which lasted for 1hr 30 mins.

Technological Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Bloomberg set up campus interviews at our university and we were encouraged to apply. The initial screening was very prompt, with me receiving an invitation to interview with them within a week of application, a few days before the interview was to occur. The initial interview was with 2 software developers at Bloomberg and it was a basic technical interview. I was given a choice of language upon which the questions would be based; I chose Java. They asked me about some definitions (JVM and Java interface) and about how garbage collection worked. After that I had to write some code (not necessarily syntactically correct) to implement some things. First I had to implement a doubly linked list, then a method to reverse the order of the nodes. The last question was picking a letter than occurs once out of an array with letters with multiple instances. Overall the interview was quite professional. The interviewers were very friendly and made me feel quite comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Our data structure professor disliked linked lists and as a result I didn't have much practice with them. However if you have knowledge of the concepts it should all be fine.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Typical behavorial questions. Tell me about yourself, why do you want to work at Bloomberg, What in particular made you want to work here, where do you see yourself in 5 years?