Bloomberg L.P. Financial Sales and Analytics Interview Questions

3.1

163 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2013.

Phone interview and in house interview

Interview Questions
  • The phone interview was about:
    Tell me about yourself
    Why Bloomberg
    Competitors
    Why finance
    Why Bloomberg Is different
    Latest new

In house interview:
    Sell a bloomberg terminal that someone use reuters
    Example of sales something
    Example of problem solver
    What is bloomberg tradebook and clients
    What is asset management
    Different between option and future
    1 to 10 your finance knowledge please do not say 10
    The las test iPo
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Phone interview was quite basic, as already described.
    In-house was structured in such a way that no question was neutral. (Ie. Not "why we should hire you", but rather "Honestly, from your Cv I can't see why should we hire you").
    I guess they want to see how you cope with stress.

Most questions are listed already, some others came from my cv and answers, so it's rather pointless to list them, but beware of what you say, if you lie it might fire back.

Interview Questions
    • Why would Tesco use our terminal? Who would you target there if you were to try and sell one?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

They have very inefficient and disorganised recruitment process lol I applied in August and heard nothing until mid-September. Then I got invited to a telephone interview, nothing for 2 weeks after that (so thought i had failed) then got invited for an in-house interview. Still waiting to hear back from them. They said there would be 2 more interviews, so telephone + 3 interviews..quite hectic.

1. Telephone interview
    Very quick, manager of a department, seemed very busy and uninterested in what I say.
    - Do you have any sales experience, etc.

2. In house-interview
    -Why financial services and not banking
    -what other firms have you applied to
    - any customer service experience
    - rate your financial knowledge in 1-10 (don't say 10, they just want this for follow-up questions)
    - what is a market cap
    - what is credit default swap
    - what's ur understanding of this role

The interviewers were very friendly and made me feel relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • scenario questions (if you had this client acting this way and another acting this way, what would you do and in which order?)   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Three rounds of interview: the first one was a phone interview, the second one was a panel interview, and the third one was an one-to-one. In general, the interview process was quite quick, I knew my interview result within 2 days. Interviewers were quite friendly. The interviews focused a lot on asking about my cv.

Interview Questions
    • Why you chose to study your current course, but not maths? Since you said you like to calculate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Applied through Bloomberg website - Received email correspondence to book me in for a telephonic interview - 15 min interview discussing about walk through CV, what do you know about Bloomberg and role - was invited for a face to face interview at Bloomberg London

Interview Questions
    • Technical Questions related to Fixed Income & Derivatives   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2014.

Applied online and it took 3 days for HR to contact me to set up a telephone interview.
    The telephone interview lasted 15 minutes and surprisingly was not from HR but a manager within the sales department. I had not prepare for this.
    The questions the interviewer asked were mainly about my previous experiences, why Bloomberg, why sales ... general questions.
    The next step is a more deep 1-hour F2F interview but I was not short-listed anyway (received a reply back in one business day instead of 3 business days).

Interview Questions
    • To which type of companies would you sell Bloomberg terminals to?   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Went through an employee referral scheme - phone interview within 2 days, followed by an interview at the offices the following week. Very efficient process. The interview was with two employees and it lasted just over an hour. They asked motivation questions, why Bloomberg and not an investment bank? There was also a sales scenario with regards to the Bloomberg Terminal.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell a terminal to an insurance underwriter?   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

apply on their official website
    after a week, got the telephone interview. Then get the vedio conference interview in next week
    First run:telephone interview (15 mins) - common questions, like go through your resume, why bloomberg, what this position about, any other products of bloomberg
    Second run: vedio-conference interview (1 hour)

Interview Questions
    • do you think some large corporation will buy the terminal   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

The recruiter got back to me quickly after submitting my application. I was surprised that it only took 3 or 4 days. It was a very basic interview, she called me on the phone and asked the usual questions like "Could you walk me through your resume?" and "Why do you want to work for Bloomberg?" She wasn't an animated interviewer at all, and I heard it in her voice that she already done a whole bunch of interviews earlier that day. Other than that, the whole thing lasted around 20-30 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2014.

- online application
    - they got back to me the next day and arrange a telephone interview for 4 days later
    - telephone interview conducted by HR about 20 mins basic motivations and skill questions
    1. Why Bloomberg?
    2. What skills do you think you can offer?
    3. What does Bloomberg have over their competitors?
    4. When are you available to start if you are successful?
    5. Do you have experience of customer service?

- a week later invited to the 1st in house interview
    (30 min shadowing [use this time to your benefit to ask as many qu's as you can before the main interview as it is not a test!] + 1hr interview with 2 interviewers)
    1. Why Bloomberg?
    2. What products do Bloomberg offer?
    3. Who are Bloomberg's competitors?
    4. Have you ever experienced a time you could not please a customer?
    5. How has your past experience in customer service relate to what your position entails?
    6. What career path would you like to go down in the future?
    7. Why this position?
    8. What have you gathered the analytics team does from the shadowing you had?

- didn't make it to the 2nd in house interview :'(

The people were nice in general. Interviewers were nice, the man was a bit poker face and drills deeper into the answers you give, the woman was a bit more open, having more of a conversation with you.

Interview Questions
    • 1. How is the Ukraine crises affecting the Mumbai economy?
      2. What effect is the Scottish independence likely to have in China?
        Answer Question