Bloomberg L.P.

Updated 27 Jan, 2015
Updated 27 Jan, 2015

192 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2014.

1st round:
(nothing about the position)
It was a group interview on campus. There was a case and the HR head asked for a group discussion. Since that was a random story, you have nothing to prepare. But make sure you show your best discussion skills and show your team work to the manager.

Then, 3 people from my group had been selected to see the manager right after.

2nd round: Meeting with the manager.
 He asked me about details from my work and volunteer experiences.
Why Bloomberg?
Which sector do I like the most? (I said Fixed income)
Why is it more risky to hold you asset to a longer time horizon?
Why Finance?
Competitors?

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2013.

Phone interview and in house interview

Interview Questions
    • The phone interview was about:
      Tell me about yourself
      Why Bloomberg
      Competitors
      Why finance
      Why Bloomberg Is different
      Latest new

In house interview:
      Sell a bloomberg terminal that someone use reuters
      Example of sales something
      Example of problem solver
      What is bloomberg tradebook and clients
      What is asset management
      Different between option and future
      1 to 10 your finance knowledge please do not say 10
      The las test iPo

Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Singapore office - first round interview through internal referral - questions focused on a particular assignment in my CV rather than my strengths and weaknesses followed by role playing.
    Speak confidently, concisely and be relaxed. Ended on a positive note but didn't receive the offer.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

1st online application. 2nd HR Phone interview after online application. Duration 30mis: walk thru your CV, talk about a current topic from finance, why Bloomberg? why analytics? which add-ons are there for the terminal? which competitors are there for the terminal? etc...

Interview Questions
    • you are in sales resp. for 200 clients, one of your clients decides to cancel their terminals, what do you do?   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

First Round - Phone Interview
    Very standard and friendly. I was asked to walk the interviewer through my resume and then answer why I want to work for Bloomberg. A week later I received an email inviting me to the HQ for an interview.

Second Round - In-house Interview
    The in-house interview consists of a demonstration of the terminal, 2, one on one interviews (30 mins each) and a tour of the headquarters. Again, the interview questions are pretty standard:

Tell me about yourself.
    Why finance?
    Why sales?
    Tell me about a time when you were bold.
    Sell me your favorite sport
    How does the terminal benefit oil companies?

Exactly one month later I got an email stating that I had one more interview in-house.

Third Round - Inhouse Interview
    This round is the final and toughest round so you better bring your A game. It consists of shadowing a current employee for half hour. So ask a lot of questions about what he/she is doing. Then two rounds of interviews. The first with 2 team leaders and the last with a manager. The interviews with the team leaders and managers are a mixture of standard fit questions but they can get very technical.They'll ask you questions like:

What's going in the markets?
    How do you think that affects Bloomberg?
    What would you do if you didn't have to worry about money?

Interview Questions
    • What do you look for in a company that is about to IPO?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, standard offer which is competitive and the benefits are good.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I was contacted by HR a couple days after I applied for a phone interview. Just basic questions. Then I was invited for a 2nd round interview in NY. Included tour of the building, shadowing an analyst, then interview.

Interview Questions
    • tell me something thats not on your resume, talk about a current even being covered in the news right now   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2015.

I applied online and received an email for the phone interview after about a week. Phone interview went well. It was about 15 minutes, and my interviewer asked me questions like tell me about yourself, why bloomberg, why this position, strengths and weakness, etc. It was nothing unexpected.
    I again received an email in about a month for their office visit. Office visit went well too. I had two, one - one interviews, one with someone from Analytics and other from Sales. Questions were all relevant.

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

went through phone interview process.

was contacted a few days later asking me to come in for interviews and to see the offices.

Interview Questions
    • Phone interview: Q. recent financial new that you are following in the markets? Whats the position? why sales? why finance?   View Answer

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Submitted application online, got an instant reply to schedule phone interview. HR called me up and conducted a 40 minutes interview about my motivation, financial knowledge and news. Interviewer asked a lot of questions and threw a lot of unexpected information at you.

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

1.Group interview: How would you invest 10 million HKD? / character ranking activity
    2. Individual Interview: About CV, why bloomberg, and sales role playing

Generally chill environment. There were no harsh questions, and interviewers seemed kind, and friendly. Just be yourself for the first round of interview, and prepare some story lines that you can pull off during sales role playing

Interview Questions
    • Tell me the difference between options and forwards in a simplest way   Answer Question