Bloomberg L.P.

Average Difficulty
140 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

London, ON

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2013.

Interview Details Phone interview and in house interview

Why finance
Why Bloomberg Is different
Latest new

In house interview:
Sell a bloomberg terminal that someone use reuters
Example of sales something
Example of problem solver
What is bloomberg tradebook and clients
What is asset management
Different between option and future
1 to 10 your finance knowledge please do not say 10
The las test iPo

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2014.

Interview Details There are four stages to apply for this role:
1. Online Application
2. Telephone Interview
3. Panel Interview
4. Panel Interview with Manager you will report in to.

The online application is straightforward. Exhibit a keen interest in Bloomberg, Financial Markets and Sales.

The telephone interview tests your interests of the aforementioned topics and see you can hold a conversation over the telephone. They fire questions in an attempt to make you uncomfortable to test your ability to maintain composure. They ask fundamental technical questions here.

The Panel interview is with someone form Sales and another from Analytics. They test your technical knowledge here and explore where your strengths/weaknesses lie. They then focus their attention on the answers that you give and drill deeper to identify your expertise on the subject. A sound understanding of financial instruments is an advantage.

I made it to the third stage and missed out.

Interview Question – What research have you done lately?
What is the difference between a forward and future?
What is the difference between an option and future?
What would you choose, an option or a future?
What is an option premium?
How would you sell 20 Bloomberg Terminals?

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2011.

Interview Details Was great! very quick and efficient, very well organised. HR and other hiring managers and interviewers were very nice and represented company and its values to the best - made me really want to work there!

Interview Question – No tricky questions really - rather a lot of examples from previous experience, situational questions as well as technical questions, for example: describe in simple words what is a standard deviation.   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied through my university's career website. I was contacted a few days later as to what time I would be able to talk for 30 minutes. It was fairly basic. Asked me about my past experience, what I did. I spoke to a guy and he seemed genuinely interested with what I said. The conversation didn't last long. I more or less knew by the end that I was moved on to the next round, which was the next week. I had to arrive at 7:45 am, and more or less than were 40 people there. We were segmented into 3 groups, with different schedules: interview, terminal tutorial, floor tour in different orders. The interview is 1 hour long but is segmented into two 30 minute interviews with different people: one in sales and the other in analytics. I had read on previous glassdoor interview reviews that they tell you around midday who should stay or leave; that is how you know if you move on to the next round. We were all surprised when they told us to all go home and that they would let us know in a few days if we would go on to the final round. The final round was an individual interview. I first shadowed an employee who had been there for 1 year. It lasted about half another. I later had another interview with a team leader. He asked more specific questions about my resume and on sales. Apparently we hit it off because I had another interview with a team leader in sales. This was harder. There are not many meeting rooms available, so it wasn't too personal. It was noisy, the light made me feel sleepy, and sometimes we got kicked out of the room because someone had it reserved. Also, the meeting rooms had clear windows so everyone can see inside. Could be a bit distracting. In the end, they told me they would let me know in 24-48 hours if I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what is something you wish you could have changed from your last job?   Answer Question
  • What is your favorite app right now? Try to sell me that app.   Answer Question
  • What do you want to get into in a few years?
    Why sales?
      Answer Question
  • How do you keep up with the news? How do you think that current event will affect Bloomberg in sales?
    What is something in the market that you are interested in?

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2014.

Interview Details Applied online. Started with a very short 10min phone screening with HR, and quick online personality test.

Next round was an onsite interview at their NYC HQ, which included a terminal demonstration, tour of the building, and back to back interviews with two people from Sales & Analytics - 30min each. Standard questions - i.e. Why Bloomberg x100, why finance, basic behavioral questions, tell me recent news story, Bloomberg's competitors, etc.

Last round was a job shadow with a current analytics member (be sure to ask a lot of questions to show your interest) and a one-hour interview with two managers. Similar questions as the previous round + a sales role play for a phone app.

Interview Question – Sell me your favorite phone app.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details There was continuous focus on the ethos of the firm-I was asked why do you want to work for Bloomberg?, Why the role of Sales? How has your previous work or academic background made you suitable for the culture of the firm? How would you sell a Bloomberg Terminal to a firm like Tesco?

Interview Question – How would you sell a Terminal over a rival firm?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details I applied online through BBG website and within 2 days got an email invitation to phone interview 20 minutes, walk me through your CV, questions like why BBG, who are competitors, why not investment bank, question about bonds, generally pleasant experience, 30 min later invited via email to in-house interview.

Interview Question – How conflict in Ukraine / Russia influences financial markets.   Answer Question

Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2014.

Interview Details The interview process is efficient, normally took 4 days to get the reply. The first interview is with HR people, easy questions, go through cv, and really test you whether you understand the role or not. The second interview is with you direct future manager, begin to ask you how to sell you favorite app, role play question, about your experience, about your understanding about the role. The third round is with sales leader and analytics leader, very relax but untraditional and unexpected questions, eg, tell me something about you which is not in the cv, how your experience contribute to this role, have you applied other jobs, why not banks, what your hobbits ect. The last round is with the big boss and local HR leader, no any technical questions at all, they were worrying about your "longevity" with firm, they were pushing you with the says that your future is uncertain.

Interview Question – Summarize that, you need a solid education background, CFA definitely is a plus, also personality and experience shines here.   Answer Question

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details Group interview with 10 candidates. Candidates were invited to do self-introduction and explain why they apply the position. Then, A story was given.The candidates were divided into two groups and discuss their priority of evilness of characters in the story. After the two groups had come up with their priority, they were given time to

Interview Question – Define "analytics" in the job title.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details had a phone interview, and after 2 weeks was contacted for super day. the phone interview was really short and the interviewer talked most of the time so I wasn't sure

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Bloomberg instead of go into Banking?   Answer Question

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!