Blockbuster Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2014
Updated Sep 1, 2014

2.2

Product Manager Interview

Interesting approach. Got to the core of the role. Asked pointed questions. Asked several open ended questions also. Also was able to pull out key elements of my career as related to the new role.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think you should get this job... convince me otherwise   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Blockbuster in April 2009.

personality assessment and job description based on experience

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Antigonish, NS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Antigonish, NS

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster in August 2009.

Very laid out and detailed process that led to me to being offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle employee's who are not following policy?   View Answer
    Very solid because of my experience.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oxnard, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Blockbuster in July 2010.

sat in back room and was asked questions - the questions were simple, in fact he barely noticed I was there and was interrupted multiple times, he later admitted he only hired me to upset the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • where do I see myself in 10 years. worse questions ever   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster in September 2010.

They asked basic questions to make sure you would show up on time and you were personable. They are looking for people that are dependable and won't steal. They also want to know that you can deal with people and won't yell back at angry customers.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you would react if a customer was upset and started yelling.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster.

A Phone Interview, then a Hun resource Interview, then an Interview with the DM and then with the RDO Interview, It was very classic behavior questions, centered around leadership. Last was 3 different assessments - again very typical

Interview Questions
    Fair and got extra vacation time

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Luling, LA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luling, LA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Blockbuster in April 2011.

I applied to the job two months before receiving a phone call from the manager of the store. I was called in for the interview the next day after the call. The manager asked me questions about myself and my goals in life and showed me around the store. I was offered the job during the interview.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Prairie Village, Johnson, KS (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prairie Village, Johnson, KS (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster in March 2010.

I originally had to go through several interviews before finally getting hired on. Back in the day you would get a job offer then have to attend a new hire class before starting.It took most people about 3 or 4 weeks to get used to the flow of the job.

Interview Questions
    • Probably expected but having to "sell" a stapler to the manager.   View Answer
    n/a

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Yuba City, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yuba City, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster in December 2010.

I applied online. Then received a call for an interview. I then Interview with District Manager. After they decided I then received a Phone interview with Regional Manger. Then they did a Background check. This is pretty much what they did for all jobs that they were hiring for. Thanks

Interview Questions
    • What was your worst customer service experience?   View Answer

Sales Associate - Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Blockbuster.

Smooth interview that lasted all of 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

Worked for Blockbuster? Contribute to the Community!