Blockbuster

113 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Manager Interview

Interviewed at Blockbuster

Interview Details Interesting approach. Got to the core of the role. Asked pointed questions. Asked several open ended questions also. Also was able to pull out key elements of my career as related to the new role.

Interview Question – I don't think you should get this job... convince me otherwise   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Blockbuster in April 2009.

Interview Details personality assessment and job description based on experience

Interview Question – how would you describe yourself   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Antigonish, NS

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster in August 2009.

Interview Details Very laid out and detailed process that led to me to being offered the position.

Interview Question – How would you handle employee's who are not following policy?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very solid because of my experience.

Store Manager Interview

Yuba City, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster in December 2010.

Interview Details I applied online. Then received a call for an interview. I then Interview with District Manager. After they decided I then received a Phone interview with Regional Manger. Then they did a Background check. This is pretty much what they did for all jobs that they were hiring for. Thanks

Interview Question – What was your worst customer service experience?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – NO

Sales Associate - Cashier Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview Details Smooth interview that lasted all of 20 minutes.

Interview Question – How do you feel about R-rated movies   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Area Training Manager Interview

Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Blockbuster in February 2010.

Interview Details Little to no interview structure for any position. Just a list of "do not ask" questions, and then go off of your "gut" feelings.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Long Beach, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Blockbuster in July 2010.

Interview Details Expect to be interviewed by managers that do NOT run your store, and expect to be interviewed by three of them at once. They were very nice and asked questions about my hobbies and skills rather than experience, they look for somebody that would be a good fit for the store and will get along well with other employees.

Interview Question – If you had a weakness, what would it be?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple, they offer you a pay, if you say no, they bump it by 50 cents, if you say no once more, you walk out the door.

Manager Interview

Manager
Phila, PA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster in May 2010.

Interview Details Had a phone screen, followed quickly by a face to face interview; hired within a week, and started the following week.

Interview Question – Don't recall any specifics.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview Details Was initially recruited by professional contact, then had 3 tests plus 7 additional interview, up to and including the CIO. Then background and credit check prior to offer.

Interview Question – "if a project fails, who is the one person responsible"   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Englewood, CO (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blockbuster in January 2012.

Interview Details Very customer focused job, also need to be detailed about your inventory management, very difficult to manage your inventory on their antiquated systems, you need to be able to manage your inventory on pen and paper more than anything. They asked basic questions about customer service mostly. Other questions were about your hiring experience, and employee corrective action procedures.

Interview Question – Explain a situation where you failed to meet a customers expectation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered a reasonable salary based on the job requirements. I didn't negotiate much, but if they lowball you, and you have experience, push for 5-10% more.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Blockbuster

Worked for Blockbuster? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blockbuster interview questions and advice. All 113 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Blockbuster employees and interview candidates.