Blockbuster Interview Questions

Updated 23 Oct, 2014
Updated 23 Oct, 2014

2.2

Product Manager Interview

Interesting approach. Got to the core of the role. Asked pointed questions. Asked several open ended questions also. Also was able to pull out key elements of my career as related to the new role.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think you should get this job... convince me otherwise   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Antigonish, NS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Antigonish, NS

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster in August 2009.

Very laid out and detailed process that led to me to being offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle employee's who are not following policy?   View Answer
    Very solid because of my experience.

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Blockbuster in April 2009.

personality assessment and job description based on experience

Sales Associate Interview

Hiring was really basic. Filled out application got a phone call asking if I was still interested. They set up an appointment to come in. First interview was with the assistant manager, I was asked very basic questions like Tell me about yourself and, Why do you believe you are qualified for this position. Second interview was with store manager where I was informed about the job specifics.

Interview Questions
    • How have you grown or changed over the past few years?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster.

A Phone Interview, then a Hun resource Interview, then an Interview with the DM and then with the RDO Interview, It was very classic behavior questions, centered around leadership. Last was 3 different assessments - again very typical

Interview Questions
    Fair and got extra vacation time

Sales Associate - Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blockbuster.

Smooth interview that lasted all of 20 minutes.

Program Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster.

Was initially recruited by professional contact, then had 3 tests plus 7 additional interview, up to and including the CIO. Then background and credit check prior to offer.

Interview Questions
    • "if a project fails, who is the one person responsible"   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster.

Once you apply, your name is put into an electronic database where your answers from the personality profile score you as red, yellow or green. Usually, only green candidates are selected. In Blockbuster, it's now what you know... it's who you know. If someone in the running knows someone in the company, they have a leg up on you, despite your background. There is a first interview with the store manager and if for a management position, a 2nd interview with a District Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Questions vary from manager to manager. The best question to reply to though is, "Do you have any questions for me?" - This is a chance to really show the manager your true interest in the company.   View Answer
    BB made an offer. I went to my current boss and he matched the offer. I went to BB and they raised the offer by 5K for management. I took the job at BB.

Shift Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blockbuster.

Quick and easy went in she asked about my future plans and anything she should know about my background that would come up later. Ofcourse there wasn't so everything went well.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions or unexpected question everything she asked I had heard before or knew was coming.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blockbuster.

They are no longer hiring. Closing down all remaining locations. Don't bother applying. Look for another job.... seriously.

Interview Questions
    • What's the least amount of money we can pay you for 50 hour of work per week.   Answer Question