Blackboard Interview Questions

Updated 23 Oct, 2014
Updated 23 Oct, 2014

3.1

Partnership Manager Interview

The process has been smooth and fast paced. Applied and within 1 day was asked to take tech assessment. Next day was 1st phone interview and within the hour was asked to meet for 2nd interview. Very professional company

Client Care Representative Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Blackboard.

This was a not a bad process at all. First a phone interview that was as standard as it gets. Take me through previous experiences, who are you as an employee etc. Then in person interview with 3 senior employees. They take turns getting a feel for you but it is a very laid back environment. Easy questions, nothing too probing.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through some sort of process (setting up a word document, making a sandwich, etc)   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blackboard.

Had Technical Phone interview and then Face to Face at onsite later on. Interview process was standard. Asked some technical questions and asked some practical scenarios. They just took two days to make the offer and accepted immediately.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blackboard.

I was contacted by a recruiter who said that the hiring manager wanted him to set up a phone interview with myself and a few members of the staff. The process was fairly quick as I had the interviews just a few short days later which consisted of individual interviews with two staff members with a similar title to the job posting, one VP, and the direct manager for the position. Everyone was very professional and knowledgeable. I was left with a great impression of the company.

I thought the interview went well but never heard back from the recruiter. I contacted him several times through email and voice mail but he did not return any of them. Yes, I wanted the job, but I wish he would have sent me a quick 'no thank you', especially considering that I spend an entire day of my life interviewing with several members of the company. I eventually saw the position re-posted online.

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blackboard in April 2014.

Setting up the interview took a little long with people being on leave and out of town, but from my experience the staff is very friendly and are genuinely looking for someone in the right fit for this position. Everyone I spoke to was very personable and their questions not only let me understand more about the position but they listened to me and answered my questions too. I never felt nervous because it was so relaxed and easy to talk to everyone.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with competing priorities?   View Answer

Service Delivery Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blackboard.

It was a short first telephone screening with one of the recruiters in the US. The recruiter told me that I would get feedback until a specific date. Since I had no news I sent two e-mails in a time span of 20 days, to ask about the progress of my application, but the recruiter never replied.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blackboard.

There was an initial phone interview from their internal recruiter then a couple other phone interviews with senior management of the division you were applying for. Then they bring you into their DC headquarters for a face to face and meet the team.

Interview Questions
    • Doing a role play with two senior managers. Wasn't expecting it, but he said to sell him the product or services of my last job. Act as if they are the decision makers and I was talking to them, in a first meeting scenario. I wasn't prepared for it, but did fine.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Blackboard.

Phone interview, was asked specific details about every skill listed. Face to face, interviewer talked about hockey and 80's bands.

Interview Questions
    Was told that company is a great place to work and that there was all sorts of ways to advance and grow professionally.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to interview for this position, after an interview with the recruiter, I was scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring manager. Following that, I met in person with the hiring manager, and a team of people that I would be working with if I accepted the position. During the interview process, I needed to prepare a non-technical presentation for clients. My presentation skills were critiqued, and ultimately I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would my past experience prepare me for selling a "plug and play"application?   Answer Question

Internal Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Blackboard in January 2014.

Phone interview with HR recruiter, then four interviews with two team members, Director or Global Talent Acquisition, and VP of Communications. It took four weeks to go in for the in-person interviews. After the in-person interview, all communications from Blackboard ceased and I have seen the job re-posted twice on job boards. Still have not received an offer or a rejection--even after reaching out to the HR recruiter AND the VP.