Blackboard

38 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Blackboard.

Interview Details I was contacted by a recruiter who said that the hiring manager wanted him to set up a phone interview with myself and a few members of the staff. The process was fairly quick as I had the interviews just a few short days later which consisted of individual interviews with two staff members with a similar title to the job posting, one VP, and the direct manager for the position. Everyone was very professional and knowledgeable. I was left with a great impression of the company.

I thought the interview went well but never heard back from the recruiter. I contacted him several times through email and voice mail but he did not return any of them. Yes, I wanted the job, but I wish he would have sent me a quick 'no thank you', especially considering that I spend an entire day of my life interviewing with several members of the company. I eventually saw the position re-posted online.

Interview Question – They were all very standard.   Answer Question

Contracts Manager Interview

Contracts Manager
Washington, DC (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blackboard in April 2014.

Interview Details Setting up the interview took a little long with people being on leave and out of town, but from my experience the staff is very friendly and are genuinely looking for someone in the right fit for this position. Everyone I spoke to was very personable and their questions not only let me understand more about the position but they listened to me and answered my questions too. I never felt nervous because it was so relaxed and easy to talk to everyone.

Interview Question – How do you deal with competing priorities?   View Answer

Internal Communications Manager Interview

Internal Communications Manager
Washington, DC (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Blackboard in January 2014.

Interview Details Phone interview with HR recruiter, then four interviews with two team members, Director or Global Talent Acquisition, and VP of Communications. It took four weeks to go in for the in-person interviews. After the in-person interview, all communications from Blackboard ceased and I have seen the job re-posted twice on job boards. Still have not received an offer or a rejection--even after reaching out to the HR recruiter AND the VP.

Interview Question – Describe to me how you handled a stressful situation.   Answer Question

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Service Delivery Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Blackboard.

Interview Details It was a short first telephone screening with one of the recruiters in the US. The recruiter told me that I would get feedback until a specific date. Since I had no news I sent two e-mails in a time span of 20 days, to ask about the progress of my application, but the recruiter never replied.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, it was a half an hour screening.   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern
Carbondale, IL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Blackboard in May 2011.

Interview Details They questioned me then gave me a lateral thinking test, then I had to troubleshoot a PC problem. They gave me static IP information but no DNS servers.

Interview Question – Explain what you are passionate about in IT and how you hope to contribute to the field as your career develops?   View Answer

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Regional Sales Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blackboard.

Interview Details There was an initial phone interview from their internal recruiter then a couple other phone interviews with senior management of the division you were applying for. Then they bring you into their DC headquarters for a face to face and meet the team.

Interview Question – Doing a role play with two senior managers. Wasn't expecting it, but he said to sell him the product or services of my last job. Act as if they are the decision makers and I was talking to them, in a first meeting scenario. I wasn't prepared for it, but did fine.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Level II Support Interview

Level II Support
Sherman Oaks, CA (US)

I applied through another source - interviewed at Blackboard in May 2011.

Interview Details I was part of a company merger. There was no interview processs

Interview Question – Blackboard asks for self-evaluations as part of their annual review, but I have never received feedback from my evaluation.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Blackboard.

Interview Details Phone interview, was asked specific details about every skill listed. Face to face, interviewer talked about hockey and 80's bands.

Interview Question – Do you play hockey?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was told that company is a great place to work and that there was all sorts of ways to advance and grow professionally.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Regional Sales Manager

Interviewed at Blackboard

Interview Details I was contacted by a recruiter to interview for this position, after an interview with the recruiter, I was scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring manager. Following that, I met in person with the hiring manager, and a team of people that I would be working with if I accepted the position. During the interview process, I needed to prepare a non-technical presentation for clients. My presentation skills were critiqued, and ultimately I was offered the job.

Interview Question – How would my past experience prepare me for selling a "plug and play"application?   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer
Washington, DC (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Blackboard in June 2009.

Interview Details Met with four people over 2 days. Two would be colleagues two would be supervisors/management. Questions were 60/40 personality/work style and technical. The focus was on who you were after the tech bonifides were determined. Honest about compensation and advancement, I didn't feel I was snowed at all once I was hired.

Interview Question – Despite this being an individual contributor position not related to the education based product I was asked about my thoughts on the industry and how Blackboard could make an impact.   Answer Question

Worked for Blackboard? Contribute to the Community!