Blackboard

Updated 4 Feb, 2015
Updated 4 Feb, 2015

3.1

Director, Product Marketing Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Blackboard.

Phone screening initially by HR that lasted for about 15 min, standard questions around motivation, salary etc. nothing too fancy. Next was a phone interview with the hiring manager that lasted about 40 min around my CV, background, experience, bit of role description, again this was not particularity hard and seemed more like an extended screening session

I was then invited for face to face with 4-5 senior managers including the hiring manager, all interviews in a single day that was exhausting as I ended up spending half a day in their office.

This was followed by another phone interview with the hiring manager's manager as well.

In the end they made the offer that I accepted.

The questions through out the interview process were not very hard or complex, mostly generic

Interview Questions
    • Can you work with sales > seriously this is yes/no answer and obvious answer was yes, they didnt even ask me to elaborate on my experience.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

2 round interview with first via telephone and second on site. Lots of algorithm questions on the phone interview and performance concern is emphasized at most of the questions, with frustrated me a bit. But even though I failed many of the questions, I still got a chance for the second round interview.

On site interview with 3 more people (one by one), all questioning technical question from all aspects, including hand writing programming questions. The performance concern is again emphasized.

Interview Questions
    • How to located the last third line in a file size 1T within a memory capacity of only 1M?   Answer Question

Production Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blackboard.

HR found my resume from DICE. Contacted me and set up initial interview with hiring manager via phone. Second interview was with hiring manager and several other potential colleagues. There were mainly technical questions about system administration and various technologies. Some questions on personal ambition, career goals, etc. were asked, but it was mainly technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions about certain aspects of addressing RAM memory, which I was not aware of.   Answer Question
    They offered me a job at a salary scale that I was satisfied with.

Marketing Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blackboard in December 2014.

After being referred internally, I had a phone screen with HR which seemed to go well. The follow-up was supposed to be an interview with the hiring manager. We closed the interview by agreeing on the date on which I should follow-up if I did not hear from the recruiter. Never heard back, and when I followed-up…crickets.

Partnership Manager Interview

The process has been smooth and fast paced. Applied and within 1 day was asked to take tech assessment. Next day was 1st phone interview and within the hour was asked to meet for 2nd interview. Very professional company

Client Care Representative Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Blackboard.

This was a not a bad process at all. First a phone interview that was as standard as it gets. Take me through previous experiences, who are you as an employee etc. Then in person interview with 3 senior employees. They take turns getting a feel for you but it is a very laid back environment. Easy questions, nothing too probing.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through some sort of process (setting up a word document, making a sandwich, etc)   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blackboard.

Had Technical Phone interview and then Face to Face at onsite later on. Interview process was standard. Asked some technical questions and asked some practical scenarios. They just took two days to make the offer and accepted immediately.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blackboard.

I was contacted by a recruiter who said that the hiring manager wanted him to set up a phone interview with myself and a few members of the staff. The process was fairly quick as I had the interviews just a few short days later which consisted of individual interviews with two staff members with a similar title to the job posting, one VP, and the direct manager for the position. Everyone was very professional and knowledgeable. I was left with a great impression of the company.

I thought the interview went well but never heard back from the recruiter. I contacted him several times through email and voice mail but he did not return any of them. Yes, I wanted the job, but I wish he would have sent me a quick 'no thank you', especially considering that I spend an entire day of my life interviewing with several members of the company. I eventually saw the position re-posted online.

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blackboard in April 2014.

Setting up the interview took a little long with people being on leave and out of town, but from my experience the staff is very friendly and are genuinely looking for someone in the right fit for this position. Everyone I spoke to was very personable and their questions not only let me understand more about the position but they listened to me and answered my questions too. I never felt nervous because it was so relaxed and easy to talk to everyone.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with competing priorities?   View Answer

Service Delivery Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blackboard.

It was a short first telephone screening with one of the recruiters in the US. The recruiter told me that I would get feedback until a specific date. Since I had no news I sent two e-mails in a time span of 20 days, to ask about the progress of my application, but the recruiter never replied.