BlackRock

Updated 30 Jan, 2015

3.1

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

interviewed at BlackRock in February 2013.

Got it through my school's career centre. Was for a risk role, but wasn't too quantitative. Wanted to hear lots about what I thought BlackRock does and the risks they faced. Didn't ask me any qualitative questions, not even the walk me through your resume or tell me about yourself one. Never heard back in any form and ended up accepting a position from a different company.

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock.

Application submission - resume/cover letter through school and website, Initial screening with Montage video recording interviews where you're given impromptu questions online, and have 2 minutes to record your answer. First rounds also online, this time live with an interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • When were you innovative, why finance, why BlackRock, introductory video about yourself
      The Montage system was supposed to facilitate the process, but on the day of the deadline, lots of connectivity issues, which resulted in multiple calls to tech support - annoying problem, but tech people were nice and helpful. No technical questions in the screening phase

Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock.

Interviewed for the Portfolio Analytics Group. Great experience overall. Did first-round on campus, then went to their office for the Superday. Superday consisted of 4 or 5 (can't remember) 30 min interviews. Pretty sure I didn't get the position because I fumbled a rather basic economic question. But I really liked the company culture and all the people I met, so I applied again this year, for a different group. Make sure you know about BlackRock and what's been going on in the markets.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock.

I was invited to do the montage interview. Kind of weird, but they were good questions. It has been a week and not heard back from them, but my application account reads "interview scheduled". I am not sure what is going on, but I am hopeful

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at BlackRock in January 2015.

Applied online in september, cv and cover letter, took a few months for the numerical invite to come through, invited to interview in January, didn't make it past the first round

2 interviews lasting about 30 -40 mins. Briefly went through CV, then a couple of competency questions (what makes a good team, what makes a good leader, things like that)

No questions as to why blackrock, why asset mangement etc

The majority of the interview was taken up with brainteasers, some were the kind of brainteasers you come to expect, some were quite off the wall and quite challenging (more ethical and morality questions rather than your standard brainteaser)

Overall I think the interview was difficult to prepare for, one of the harder interviews I've had within markets

Interview Questions
    • 'In the aftermath of the Charlie Hebdo attack, if you were the editor of a UK national newspaper, would you publish the cartoons of the prophet?'   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock in January 2015.

I received a Email from BlackRock and was asked to take the online interview through Montage. I took the interview one day before deadline and haven't got any feedback so far.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were all about behavior and were easy. e.g. Why BlackRock? Why this group? Describe a situation when you were innovative.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock.

Two rounds of interviews. Each interview had two interviewers. Emphasis on why BlackRock and knowing your resume. Difficulty of interviews will vary depending on the interviewers. HR was very organized and ran a smooth process.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in December 2014.

The first round interview consisted of two thirty minute interviews. One was with the head of PR hence he knew a lot about multiple areas of the business, but didn't know the areas in depth due the nature of the job and his short time at the firm. The second was with an associate in the clients group, which was a more markets based interview. There were CV questions throughout both interviews and a strong emphasis on BlackRock and what differentiates it from its competitors, investment banks etc.

Interview Questions
    • Asking for in-depth responses to certain CV based questions.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BlackRock.

phone interview about general behavior stuff, then made it to onsight interview where they asked me more technical questions. It was a 3 on 1 interview where they gave me several brain teasers that were quite challenging. Just need to explain your thought process

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BlackRock in April 2014.

Interviewed with a VP and then on Super Day, two MDs and other VPs

First round is pretty relaxed, mostly behavioral.

Super Day was more technical, asking about the markets and stories I found interesting. Employees were relaxed, nothing too formal and would ask questions based on previous comments.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing crazy, but absolutely have an answer for a deeper question into anything you mention in the interview.   Answer Question