BlackRock

Updated 21 Oct, 2014

3.1

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

interviewed at BlackRock in February 2013.

Got it through my school's career centre. Was for a risk role, but wasn't too quantitative. Wanted to hear lots about what I thought BlackRock does and the risks they faced. Didn't ask me any qualitative questions, not even the walk me through your resume or tell me about yourself one. Never heard back in any form and ended up accepting a position from a different company.

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BlackRock.

phone interview about general behavior stuff, then made it to onsight interview where they asked me more technical questions. It was a 3 on 1 interview where they gave me several brain teasers that were quite challenging. Just need to explain your thought process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BlackRock in April 2014.

Interviewed with a VP and then on Super Day, two MDs and other VPs

First round is pretty relaxed, mostly behavioral.

Super Day was more technical, asking about the markets and stories I found interesting. Employees were relaxed, nothing too formal and would ask questions based on previous comments.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing crazy, but absolutely have an answer for a deeper question into anything you mention in the interview.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock.

Had a telephone interview with an associate at the firm. Asked basic questions about my background, with some technical questions about Real Estate Investment Trusts, which was on my resume. While I think the interview did not go so well (given that it was my first real interview), in retrospect I think the interview was average in difficulty.

Interview Questions
    • Be ready to explain all points on your resume. Took me several interviews with different companies to fully get a hold of all of the information and questions they could ask about my resume (and course work).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BlackRock in February 2014.

I submitted my resume online but also had a friend who pushed it up. I went through a phone interview with two people. Very basic behavioral questions and A LOT of questions about the company.

Then I was called for an office visit and flew from USA to London. There I had 4 interviews with very technical questions as well as behavioral and detailed division questions. My last "interview" consisted of solving 4 finance problems on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most efficient way to board a plane?

How would you explain a database to a 7 years old?
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in February 2014.

Phone interview with associate. Discussed job description and my resume. Quite basic. Superday consists of 4, 30 minute interviews with various people. Quite relaxed. They mainly focused on fit questions and want to see that you are somewhat social, intelligent, and hard working.

Interview Questions
    • All very basic questions. Know some finance stuff. Be able to talk about your resume and how it applies to your job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

interviewed at BlackRock in January 2014.

First round: two individual interviews; Final round: group exercise, individual interviews, individual case study

Interview Questions
    • Individual case study was pretty difficult. Never had that in any previous interviews..   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Applied for hackathon, was cancelled, got invited to first round interview by Blackrock. Was unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • Count the number of squares on this piece of paper. A grid of 4 by 4 unit boxes, just blurted out the answer, didnt think and got it wrong!   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

A phone interview by quantitative risk team member.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions like Why do you want to go to Blackstone? Why do you want to do risk management?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Initial phone interview with a VP and then in-office interviews with MDs

Interview Questions
    • Standard Questions:
      Pitch a stock, why BlackRock, why finance, what else you are looking into, what do you do in your free time
        View Answer