BlackRock

Getting the Interview

13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university - interviewed at BlackRock in March 2013.

Interview Details First on-campus interview. The interviewer was really friendly and energetic. Got invited to super day at the Toronto office. Overall no really tough questions. BlackRock really values the 'fit', so make sure to study up on their corporate values and prepare for 2 hours of behaviour questions and some mini case studies during super day.

Interview Question – If you were to form a marketing team, what would you look for?   Answer Question

Interviewed at BlackRock

Interview Details Interview on campus for the tech internship. The interviewer was friendly, but didn't ask really anything about me, just explained the position and BlackRock. Then we worked through a problem of how I would approach organizing a set of data. Overall, was a good experience, took them a week to offer a second round

Interview Question – How I would set up a set of data to tailor to the client's request?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details I was contacted by my campus recruiter to set up an on campus interview. Interview went fairly well. Questions involved some basic OOP concepts and the use of data structures. Three weeks later, I was called into the San Francisco office for a second round of interviews which went well. Second round consisted of around four interviews and questions were all mostly related to JAVA concepts and general system design.

Interview Question – What is the Dow Jones index at today?   Answer Question

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in September 2013.

Interview Details Applied online and received an email from the recruiter about a week later. The internship position was to be part time in the local office and we scheduled a phone interview in the next couple days.

Phone interview was pretty easy and the interviewer was very nice. Just talked about qualifications and what the job would entail.

I followed up with the phone interview a week later and she told me that I didn't get the position. Though the later steps of the interview process I remember would be two more interviews with one with an actual graduate of my university and another with a manager. Pay was going to be a little low though.

Interview Question – What do you know about BlackRock and asset managed securities.   Answer Question

Wilmington, DE (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackRock in May 2013.

Interview Details Very easy basic sql questions and they help in giving answers

Interview Question – about indexes in database.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

New York, NY (US)

Interviewed at BlackRock

Interview Details First had a 1:1 interview, then attended the Super Day that lasted for four hours (1 group case, then 4 individual intervies)

Interview Question – what's the degree between the short hand and the long hand at 3:15   View Answers (2)

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2010.

Interview Details After resume drop, I received an invitation to an on campus interview. The interviewer was from the local office, though the position was for the NY office. The questions were all behavioral, no technical questions. I had applied to an internship posting for their IR team but ended up with an offer to join a different team.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected or difficult questions. The interviewer first asked me if I knew BLK was not a bank--I think they're used to stupid college kids who don't know what BLK is.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Intern

The process took a day - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2010.

Interview Details Went on "Super Day" so interviewed with several people. Be prepared to answer questions like "how would you value a company" and be prepared to talk about current economics events.

Interview Questions

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2011.

Interview Details Referred by a friend to the company. Screening phone call was entirely fit based and went great. Superday consisted of 4 30 minute interviews, and was a mix of behavioral and fix questions. Ex: What is quantitative easing?

Interview Question – What is quantitative easing?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2011.

Interview Details First interview was on-campus. Questions included "why blackrock" and "walk me through a dcf." Second round was at their San Francisco office, consisting of four rounds. Questions were varied. There were brainteasers, strict technical questions (what is convexity? why is it important?), questions on market currents (what is QE? what is it supposed to be doing to the bond market/economy? what is actually occurring?) , theoretical questions on economics, current events (interview took place during Tunisia/Egypt uprisings) , and very specific questions about where certain indices were at (Dow Jones/S&P/etc).

Interview Question – What is convexity? How is it calculated? What does it tell you?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at BlackRock

Worked for BlackRock? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BlackRock Intern interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by BlackRock employees and interview candidates.